A weekend meant for wine tasting

A weekend meant for wine tasting

There are 8 comments on the Inside Bay Area story from Aug 29, 2012, titled A weekend meant for wine tasting. In it, Inside Bay Area reports that:

Since then, the Fenestra owners have witnessed vineyards popping up all over the Livermore Valley, that now produces about 975,000 cases of wine annually and draws enthusiasts from the Bay Area and beyond.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Inside Bay Area.

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#1 Aug 29, 2012
Not to be a party pooper, but I have been in Livermore all my life, and I think this event is disruptive, and I have personally viewed intoxicated people getting in their cars and driving to the next winery. How does the police department or county deputies allow this to happen?

I'm sure I'm going to catch a lot of flack for this comment. I know the wineries bring people and jobs to the city, but is it going to take one of these intoxicated people killing someone before law enforcement step in? Where is MADD?
John

San Jose, CA

#2 Sep 4, 2012
Well said, livnut!

I've seen the drunks get behind the wheel during this event, other wine-related events and when people go wine tasting for an afternoon/evening.

Since: Jul 11

Location hidden

#4 Sep 4, 2012
The wine enthusiasts aren't getting pulled over for DUI. Mayor Wente and co. would never let the all important revenue stream be interrupted.

Location hidden

#5 Sep 4, 2012
TrueRealist wrote:
The wine enthusiasts aren't getting pulled over for DUI. Mayor Wente and co. would never let the all important revenue stream be interrupted.
That what I was thinking too!

Location hidden

#6 Sep 4, 2012
That's
sallyjohnson48

Salt Lake City, UT

#7 Sep 5, 2012
My friends and I love having parties and tasting fine wines ( http://www.chaletpremier.com/ ) and foods that go with that particular wine. Hopefully we have never been a disturbance. But we try to keep it down.
DCA

Tracy, CA

#8 Sep 14, 2012
Yeah I also know of some parents that will take wine and beer with them and their children trick-or-treating..Of course they are walking-not driving but still..it's public intoxication. But you never see cops stopping them.
kwlaw

Sanger, CA

#9 Oct 5, 2012
DCA wrote:
Yeah I also know of some parents that will take wine and beer with them and their children trick-or-treating..Of course they are walking-not driving but still..it's public intoxication. But you never see cops stopping them.
It's only public intoxication if you drink too much!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Drink Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News The West Goes Wild for This Indian Remedy 3 hr Knock off purse s... 1
News US distillery creates new bourbourn flavours us... 10 hr Bourbon enthusiasts 1
News Stuttgarter Hofbrau Beer Now available in the USA (Nov '08) May 20 Mark Franzen 121
News Clinton-era welfare rule gets little notice in ... May 20 Three Days 1
News Ohio State Fills Three Grape Industry Positions May 19 June 1
News Please put coffee grounds around soil around pl... May 19 Male 2
News Growers looking to bring haskap to more Canadians May 18 NO TO MIGRANTS 1
More from around the web