Ex-Detroit mayor faces 'monster'

Ex-Detroit mayor faces 'monster'

There are 8 comments on the Daily Press & Argus story from Sep 10, 2012, titled Ex-Detroit mayor faces 'monster'. In it, Daily Press & Argus reports that:

In a matter of days, when the jury is finally seated, former Detroit Mayor Kwame Kilpatrick will stride into federal court to face what he has called "the biggest monster in my life." After more than a decade of in-vestigation, scores of subpoenas, wiretaps, surveillance video, text messages and meetings with in- formants, the U.S. government will ... (more)

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Daily Press & Argus.

Pete

Livonia, MI

#1 Sep 10, 2012
Then too, many people felt like they were facing a monster in the form of the Kilpatrick enterprise. People had to move out of state to avoid retribution. Business men felt obligated to participate in illegal activities to maintain their businesses and support their employees. City retirees are paying the price for money lost in their pension fund. City funding was squandered that could have kept the city solvent longer, employed policemen and demolished more derelict structures.
Boo Hoo Mr. Felon.
Jamie

Luxembourg

#2 Sep 10, 2012
The mayor and Bobby are smiling and joking for a reason. It's a lot like November 8, 1970 when Lion's Alex Karas and the defense joked as Tom Dempsey attempted a 63 yard field goal. They felt like the goal(conviction) was an impossibility. We know what happened with the successful field goal. A conviction here is looking improbable.
Pete

Livonia, MI

#4 Sep 11, 2012
nothing will happen wrote:
He will come out of it without a scratch and run again for mayor and win, people of Detroit are some of the dumbest in the nation.
Well, the ex mayor is not eligible for an expungement so he won't be running for office again. However, this trial is not a sure conviction by any means now. With all the counts my guess is that something will stick. There may not be any blacks on the jury. Without any black jurors to hang it up, I think he's cooked.
Christian

Auburn, CA

#5 Sep 11, 2012
Pete wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, the ex mayor is not eligible for an expungement so he won't be running for office again. However, this trial is not a sure conviction by any means now. With all the counts my guess is that something will stick. There may not be any blacks on the jury. Without any black jurors to hang it up, I think he's cooked.
"Might as well hang me from the Joe Louis Fist right now" said the former hip hop maya.
Fernando

Dallas, TX

#6 Sep 11, 2012
The X-mayor should practice the monster mash.
Loraine

Spotsylvania, VA

#7 Sep 11, 2012
I have to remember to read the article first. I thought they were talking about his having to face Carlita every night. That really is his true monster.
woodbridger

Cleveland, OH

#8 Sep 12, 2012
most of KKs legal tactics seem to be preparing for the appeal of his conviction.....
Barney F

Portland, OR

#9 Sep 12, 2012
woodbridger wrote:
most of KKs legal tactics seem to be preparing for the appeal of his conviction.....
True in any case of this nature. The elements of appeal must be brought up before and during the trial or they can be lost.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Detroit Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
What Have We Done To Ourselves ? 5 hr WATCHING LIVONIA 4
(.R ox y Bulk!!) ku*sh !! 15 hr Real deal 1
What would be the best way to CLEAN UP DETROIT? (Sep '14) 20 hr Not a LIBERAL 211
Dwan Sims missing 4yr old 1994 cold case doesn'... (Jul '09) 21 hr John richmond 146
News The 25 Most Dangerous Cities in the U.S. Are Mo... (Nov '10) Wed Proud American 20,707
News Detroit launches municipal ID program for homel... Wed Beady by Proxy 1
News Children's Center makes holidays bright for kids Wed Beady by Proxy 1

Detroit Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Detroit Mortgages