1 Shot, Killed At Detroit Gas Station

1 Shot, Killed At Detroit Gas Station

There are 15 comments on the ClickonDetroit.com story from Dec 27, 2010, titled 1 Shot, Killed At Detroit Gas Station. In it, ClickonDetroit.com reports that:

A man was killed early Monday morning at a gas station on Detroit's west side. Detroit police confirmed that the 41-year-old was fatally shot just before 3 a.m. at the Mobil station near Davison and Linwood.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at ClickonDetroit.com.

Tony

Sterling Heights, MI

#1 Dec 27, 2010
On the plus side, there will be no free medical for the victim under the Obama plan. The shooter got away and with only 30% of murders being solved, they may be no legal or incarceration expense. Plus plus, the shooter is still out there available for more work.
Russian

United States

#2 Dec 27, 2010
Sad outcome. One thing make me wonder, what this man was doing at the gas station at 3 am. especially on Davison and Linwood. We all have to be aware of our surrounding, this is not a country of dreams anymore.
Tony

Sterling Heights, MI

#3 Dec 27, 2010
Russian wrote:
Sad outcome. One thing make me wonder, what this man was doing at the gas station at 3 am. especially on Davison and Linwood. We all have to be aware of our surrounding, this is not a country of dreams anymore.
Perhaps he was delivering blankets to the homeless.
"I may be homeless, but you ain't putting that girly plaid blanket on my a$$."
Heartbroken Niece

Southfield, MI

#4 Dec 27, 2010
This man was my uncle. He was working there and was shot for no reason. He left the war torn country of Liberia and legally came to this country with his wife and two young children in hopes of a better life. It's sad that he fled a war zone only to come here and be killed. This man harmed no one and his entire family is devastated. The fool that shot him didn't think about his children or his wife or anything else. We were all together the previous day for a family gathering. Hard to come to terms with this. We are all being strong for his family right now.
Russian

United States

#5 Dec 27, 2010
Unbelievable. I am very sorry for this man and his family.
Russian

United States

#6 Dec 27, 2010
My mother was attacked in the car by two cowards with guns. They took her jewelry and at the end hit her with the gun to the back of hear head.
I mean people rob for various reasons but why would you hit helpless women when you already took what you needed.
The world we live in.

I am sorry that this family.
Amy

Chicago, IL

#7 Dec 27, 2010
Very sorry for your loss

Since: Aug 10

Location hidden

#8 Dec 28, 2010
Heartbroken Niece wrote:
This man was my uncle. He was working there and was shot for no reason. He left the war torn country of Liberia and legally came to this country with his wife and two young children in hopes of a better life. It's sad that he fled a war zone only to come here and be killed. This man harmed no one and his entire family is devastated. The fool that shot him didn't think about his children or his wife or anything else. We were all together the previous day for a family gathering. Hard to come to terms with this. We are all being strong for his family right now.
THis is a terrible loss and condolences go to all in the family. But Detroit is a war torn city as well. Savages rule. There are hundreds of American cities which could have provided opportunities for success. Detroit is not one of them. Sadly, there is no turning back the clock for this devastated family.



Tony

Sterling Heights, MI

#9 Dec 28, 2010
Heartbroken Niece wrote:
This man was my uncle. He was working there and was shot for no reason. He left the war torn country of Liberia and legally came to this country with his wife and two young children in hopes of a better life. It's sad that he fled a war zone only to come here and be killed. This man harmed no one and his entire family is devastated. The fool that shot him didn't think about his children or his wife or anything else. We were all together the previous day for a family gathering. Hard to come to terms with this. We are all being strong for his family right now.
Thanks for coming in here and providing more actual facts than the news media. Detroit is even more dangerous after dark, but some people have to work to support a family.
mon frere

Grosse Pointe, MI

#10 Dec 28, 2010
Tony wrote:
On the plus side, there will be no free medical for the victim under the Obama plan. The shooter got away and with only 30% of murders being solved, they may be no legal or incarceration expense. Plus plus, the shooter is still out there available for more work.
If he was taken to the hospital and had no insurance, he was "treated" to a free autopsy...the cost passed along to you in the form of outrageous medical costs to people's insurance companies or individuals that can pay. The hospitals charge exorbitant amounts because they HAVE TO TREAT EVERYONE regardless of ability to pay. So they do get it "free" or complimentary. Everyone else that has insurance or money take up the slack that the government can't or won't subsidize.
Tony

Sterling Heights, MI

#11 Dec 28, 2010
mon frere wrote:
<quoted text>If he was taken to the hospital and had no insurance, he was "treated" to a free autopsy...the cost passed along to you in the form of outrageous medical costs to people's insurance companies or individuals that can pay. The hospitals charge exorbitant amounts because they HAVE TO TREAT EVERYONE regardless of ability to pay. So they do get it "free" or complimentary. Everyone else that has insurance or money take up the slack that the government can't or won't subsidize.
If "ifs" were fifths, you'd be drunk until 4th of July.
What you say about 'free' care for uninsured is, however, completely true.
Still, if the victim had no insurance, an autopsy is far cheaper than spending a month in intensive care after multiple surgeries.
mon frere

Grosse Pointe, MI

#12 Dec 28, 2010
Tony wrote:
<quoted text>
If "ifs" were fifths, you'd be drunk until 4th of July.
What you say about 'free' care for uninsured is, however, completely true.
Still, if the victim had no insurance, an autopsy is far cheaper than spending a month in intensive care after multiple surgeries.
How drunk do you get from "still, ifs?
Linwood

Bakersfield, CA

#13 Dec 29, 2010
Being tough,he was the station worker,and was shot in the head 4 time. Prices to high,
Heartbroken Niece

Southfield, MI

#14 Dec 29, 2010
Linwood wrote:
Being tough,he was the station worker,and was shot in the head 4 time. Prices to high,
It doesn't matter how high the prices are. He's not the owner and none of the pricing matters are in his control. He was shot by some inconsiderate bastard that is going to suffer and that's the only fact of this matter. Try telling his two little children about high gas prices.
Tony

Sterling Heights, MI

#15 Dec 29, 2010
Linwood wrote:
Being tough,he was the station worker,and was shot in the head 4 time. Prices to high,
Wait until the $5/gal gas hits that they have been talking about.
People were getting flaky when prices were $4 briefly. We'll all be on foot. Well, I'll still be trucking.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Detroit Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Anti-circumcision protestors demand genital mut... 18 hr lol 3
We need high speed trains! Sun ThomasA 21
FREE BRICKS for Garden! Sun FREE BRICKS 1
News The 25 Most Dangerous Cities in the U.S. Are Mo... (Nov '10) Sun Disturbed 20,923
News Muslim man sues Little Caesars over pizza label... Sun WATCHING LIVONIA 2
News Owner accused of selling drugs at party story (Oct '09) May 27 Sarah 191
News Detroit teen charged in Livonia home invasion May 26 Hunter 5

Detroit Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Detroit Mortgages