Mom of dancer, 14, wants topless bar ...

Mom of dancer, 14, wants topless bar shut for good

There are 9 comments on the Detroit Free Press story from Apr 23, 2010, titled Mom of dancer, 14, wants topless bar shut for good. In it, Detroit Free Press reports that:

The mother of a 14-year-old girl caught dancing at a Detroit topless bar said she wants to see the club shut down for good.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Detroit Free Press.

Skeeter

United States

#1 Apr 23, 2010
I'm sure it was an honest mistake since her big boobs made her seem older than 14 !
Tony

United States

#2 Apr 24, 2010
Usually I cut a businessman a break when employees try to dupe them. However, these strip joints can't pretend their dancers are all independent contractors. That's going to be his argument. He still has responsibility and they are employees anyway. He sets the hours and the place.
They showed the mom on the news from mid thigh to foot for privacy. What a beast she is. She must be 200# overweight. The kid is probably well overweight at 14 as well. The joint owner and all the customers must have known she was underage.
And exactly where was the mom for the three months the kid was working there? They said the kid was making $350 per night on this job. That would be light. Where did all the money go?
phil

Grosse Pointe, MI

#3 Apr 24, 2010
mom didnt complain till her daughter was caught why should she thats over 2,000 a week. why should she complain o yea i didnt know i swear im innocent for three months mom didnt know. did she think she was at church all the time
Tony

United States

#4 Apr 24, 2010
phil wrote:
mom didnt complain till her daughter was caught why should she thats over 2,000 a week. why should she complain o yea i didnt know i swear im innocent for three months mom didnt know. did she think she was at church all the time
The mom certainly missed something. The news said she made $350 a night. These things are over or under exaggerated. It's completely variable, but strippers often work four days a week, preferring Friday-Sunday and maybe one day in the middle. Any strippers out there feel free to speak up.
George

UK

#5 Apr 24, 2010
This is indeed a titillating story. The club owner has to be a sleazeball. The mom is an overweight wildebeest and the 14 year old is merely a fat kid. I don't think anyone was fooled about the age. I wonder that type of customer goes for this type of action. No wonder people don't want these clubs in their neighborhood with these animals walking around at night. The mom probably waited until she had all the nice furniture she needed before turning the club in.
Mom said, "I seen my daughter walking around topless there and I knew something ain't right. That leads me to believe perhaps the mother thought the daughter was working there as a waitress or bottle washer. That's still unacceptable, but plausible as she was hopeful the retarded youth could somehow make her own way in the world.

“Authority Skeptic”

Since: Feb 09

Michigan

#6 Apr 25, 2010
It wasn't bottles she was washing...
Government Foe

Royal Oak, MI

#7 Apr 25, 2010
Tony wrote:
The joint owner and all the customers must have known she was underage.
They did, but they knew the kid had a fake ID and that was their escape clause. They used her for the money until she would be caught. No 14 year old can completely pass as an adult. If their anatomical structure appears to be of an adult size, their mental aptitude is not.
Tony

United States

#8 Apr 25, 2010
Government Foe wrote:
<quoted text>
They did, but they knew the kid had a fake ID and that was their escape clause. They used her for the money until she would be caught. No 14 year old can completely pass as an adult. If their anatomical structure appears to be of an adult size, their mental aptitude is not.
I only know what little has been reported. I doubt whether any fake ID was even proffered. They just banked on independent contractor status helping them legally and that was ill advised. They did report the girl's mental status was compromised. Most strippers have issues. I have known a few. They have substance problems or emotional issues. They often lack father figures. Some are mildly retarded as this one was reported to be. The customers don't really concern themselves with these things.
If the club owners successfully skate on this, all the publicity only enhances things for them.
Wilbur

United States

#9 Apr 25, 2010
They can't shut that bar. It is in a great location and mens have to drink now and then. It helps to be viewing some big guns while we are getting a buzz on. You can cruise out on 8-Mile with little fear of getting caught with a DUI. I surely hope Evans don't start scoping out that location and tripping everybody that comes out as a back door way of shutting the place down as that would be his speed, low down.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Detroit Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Supreme Court declines appeal request from ex-D... Mon Summer Friend 1
Do u think David J Banaszak sucks cock in Gaylo... Jun 26 Opie Dawg 1
blacks mismanaging blacks Jun 26 Cracker 7
News Despite record profits, Detroit automakers get ... Jun 25 Summer Friend 1
News Racially biased cancer doctors spend less time ... Jun 25 Summer Friend 6
News Iwo Jima flag raiser identified as Marine from ... Jun 25 bozo 1
News Man charged with opening fire on Lodge Freeway Jun 24 Backby PopularDemand 1
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Detroit Mortgages