Marathon refinery hires few Detroiter...

Marathon refinery hires few Detroiters despite tax break

There are 3 comments on the Lansing State Journal story from Mar 14, 2014, titled Marathon refinery hires few Detroiters despite tax break. In it, Lansing State Journal reports that:

Marathon Petroleum Corp., which received a $175-million tax break from Detroit in a mammoth expansion project, is coming under fire from City Council for failing to hire enough local residents.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Lansing State Journal.

reality is a crutch

Nashua, NH

#1 Mar 15, 2014
did any local residents actually apply for those jobs or do they just sit on the couch and wait for the door bell to ring?

The immigrants from all over the world out hustle residents of Detroit Chicago NYC NY for jobs in American cities.

every city I travel to in America l talk to immigrants from all over doing work blacks could do if the blacks just applied for the jobs.

so Blacks have got to look in the mirror and ask what's wrong with this picture.
Merl

Decatur, AL

#2 Mar 15, 2014
To hire any substantial number of Detroiters, you's have to create jobs they might qualify for. This could include lunch room attendants, wash room attendants, and greeters.

Marathon is not finding master electricians and plumbers, pipe fitters and chemists applying for their jobs and living in Detroit.

Alternatively, Marathon could seek qualified help elsewhere and pay a king's ransom for them to live inside the Detroit border. So far, prospects have said, "I wouldn't live there for a king's ransom."
Im Over Here

Brunswick, OH

#3 Mar 22, 2014
Other jobs that Detroit blacks can qualify for are, Parking Lot Speed Bumps, Boat Anchors, Replacing Clay Pigeons for Targets, Hot Air Balloon Ballast, Fill Road Pot Holes With Them, Shark Bait, and if you hang a few of them from trees, they make nice Wind Chimes.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Detroit Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
90% Approval Rating For President Trump Wed WATCHING LIVONIA 5
Black Racism Protected in Detroit Wed WATCHING LIVONIA 2
News Submit Photos: Worst potholes in metro Detroit Wed WATCHING LIVONIA 1
Detroit World Outreach - Ellis Smith really?? (Jul '17) Tue krtcoop 25
News The 25 Most Dangerous Cities in the U.S. Are Mo... (Nov '10) Tue Tyrone Abdul Carp 21,440
Michigan Ave Feb 19 Honey 1
Arm the teachers Feb 18 Arm the teachers 1

Detroit Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Detroit Mortgages