Opponents Label Detroit Emergency Manager An 'Uncle Tom'

Mar 14, 2013 Full story: cbslocal.com 13

Among the speakers was Rev. David Bullock, of the Rainbow Push Coalition, who kept the crowd of about 200 fired up with promises that those opposing a state takeover will not give up.

Full Story

Since: Nov 11

Spartanburg, SC

#1 Mar 14, 2013
This is one reason why Detroit keeps tearing itself apart. Since Mayor Young we have tried to keep Detroit isolated as if it were an island. So sad.
Yep I Said It

Detroit, MI

#2 Mar 14, 2013
"Uncle Tom"!
Damn, I thought that saying played out in the 60's.

These so called "activists" are a bunch of buffoons. They have no functional way of paying for the debt of the City of Detroit, yet they don't want anyone else to fix it either.

I live in Detroit and I am truly embarrassed by the ignorance that these people are displaying.

They claim that the State is suppressing our voting rights. However; people still have the right to vote. In fact; the elected officials on the city council need to be impeached for derelict of duty and creating undue hardship on the citizens of the City of Detroit.

They cry "Racism":
However, the City of Allen Park is predominately white and they just received a Financial Manager.

They cry about "Democracy":

However, they fail to acknowledge that part of a democracy is for the State to take over financial problems, when any city is incapable of doing so.

These people are donkeys <Jackasses> and they definitely don't represent the masses in the City of Detroit.

“I've got a GREAT idea!”

Since: Mar 13

Let's BUZZ Lower Manhattan....

#3 Mar 14, 2013
Yep I Said It wrote:
"Uncle Tom"!
Damn, I thought that saying played out in the 60's.
Yeah, we thought "negro" was antiquated, to, but....

http://www.topix.com/forum/afam/TDN29VNTACOTU...
"progressive" blacks still use it on the daily.
grounded in Reality

Nashua, NH

#4 Mar 15, 2013
look the mismanagers of the city have run Detroit into the ground since 1965. today Detroit the city is broke, business and middle class tax base gone moved out of the dysfunctional unlivable city.

there is no way to support this corrupt union controlled city hall fiscal mess cause ya ain't got the bread fred to make this work anymore.

Detroit is very much like the titanic, you have struck a financial ice berg back in the 70's when the black population burned the business district.

now you've taken on so much debt, corruption the city can't be salvaged.
Pete

Livonia, MI

#5 Mar 15, 2013
grounded in Reality wrote:
look the mismanagers of the city have run Detroit into the ground since 1965. today Detroit the city is broke, business and middle class tax base gone moved out of the dysfunctional unlivable city.
there is no way to support this corrupt union controlled city hall fiscal mess cause ya ain't got the bread fred to make this work anymore.
Detroit is very much like the titanic, you have struck a financial ice berg back in the 70's when the black population burned the business district.
now you've taken on so much debt, corruption the city can't be salvaged.
I believe Detroit can be restructured and placed on a stable financial footing over a long period. That will mean more then the 18 months initially for the EFM. The bigger question is whether it reverts back to the old ways after the EFM leaves. I project that it will because of incompetent management.
Faith

New Baltimore, MI

#6 Mar 15, 2013
Is "Uncle Tom" and Ebonic term that means educated, responsible, competent and sober?
Pete

Livonia, MI

#7 Mar 15, 2013
Faith wrote:
Is "Uncle Tom" and Ebonic term that means educated, responsible, competent and sober?
I think you are only partly correct. The current term "Uncle Tom" is being used by the black community for any black that they disagree with. It certainly does not mean Tom is competent. Uncle Tom may be just as uneducated as the accuser.

Since: Nov 11

Niota, TN

#8 Mar 15, 2013
Pete wrote:
<quoted text>
I think you are only partly correct. The current term "Uncle Tom" is being used by the black community for any black that they disagree with. It certainly does not mean Tom is competent. Uncle Tom may be just as uneducated as the accuser.
True. Good statement. Unfortunately, often times it means what Faith said. Any black, like me, that disagrees with the overall view of black America because of being neutral, truth-loving, and dispassionate, is dubbed an "Uncle Tom" who has made it from the "field" to the "house."
Skeeter

Romulus, MI

#9 Mar 15, 2013
Auschwitz for the inhabitants thereof !
Hootie and the ButtFish

Roseland, NJ

#10 Mar 15, 2013
Well of course they do. Any black person who finds themselves in agreement with whitey and logic and common sense and intelligence and morals is automatically labeled, by the jigg community, as an uncle tom.

Stupid mofos.

Since: Nov 11

Spartanburg, SC

#12 Mar 15, 2013
Hootie and the ButtFish wrote:
Well of course they do. Any black person who finds themselves in agreement with whitey and logic and common sense and intelligence and morals is automatically labeled, by the jigg community, as an uncle tom.
Stupid mofos.
Lol because if we agree with "whitey and logic and common sense and intelligence and morals" then we are in bed with the "enemy." Didn't you know?? LOL
grounded in Reality

Nashua, NH

#13 Mar 16, 2013
ya have empirical evidence black mis managers have run Detroit into bankruptcy.

a combination of excessive corruption at all levels of city government, aggressive union contracts, middle class tax base & business tax base driven out by blacks looting, stealing, burning, armed robberies.

City ending up with too many people hanging on living off the city, not working depending on welfare food stamps etc .

ya can call the new city manager any name you want.
but its clear the name for the present black city mis-managers is FAILURES.
Yep I Said It

Detroit, MI

#14 Mar 22, 2013
-0h_really- wrote:
<quoted text>Yeah, we thought "negro" was antiquated, to, but....
http://www.topix.com/forum/afam/TDN29VNTACOTU...
"progressive" blacks still use it on the daily.
The totality of your ignorance has made your point.

"Uncle Tom" is not and has not ever been used on our birth certificates. The word "Negro" however was.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Detroit Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
What would be the best way to CLEAN UP DETROIT? 2 hr Batch 37 Pain Is ... 21
The 25 Most Dangerous Cities in the U.S. Are Mo... (Nov '10) 3 hr Pete Lake 19,216
When is the changes 3 hr Sunshine 1
Wayne County commissioners make case for Gratio... 5 hr Kevin 1
Supreme Court suspends Detroit judge 6 hr Free Kwame 1
Video: Take a ride on one of the Detroit-area's... 6 hr Kevin 2
"Hard Core Pawn" Fake? (Sep '13) 12 hr pizzakid710 17
•••
•••

Detroit Jobs

•••
•••
•••

Detroit People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Detroit News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Detroit
•••

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]
•••