Stephen Henderson: As Brewster-Dougla...

Stephen Henderson: As Brewster-Douglass falls, Detroit needs plan for site's future

There are 1 comment on the Detroit Free Press story from Mar 11, 2014, titled Stephen Henderson: As Brewster-Douglass falls, Detroit needs plan for site's future. In it, Detroit Free Press reports that:

A few weeks ago, the Obama administration announced that Michigan would get one of two new federally funded high-tech manufacturing hubs - in Canton, more than 30 miles from downtown Detroit.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Detroit Free Press.

Obskeptic

Rochester, MI

#1 Mar 11, 2014
What a great idea that public housing turned out to be. From conception, funding, construction and destruction in just a handful of decades. Government creating jobs and taking care of the people. This is the reality of how that works. Funny thing is history has a way of repeating itself over and over again. I think its time to simply get rid of HUD completely, but that would mean eliminating government jobs, and we can't do that now, can we.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Detroit Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News The 25 Most Dangerous Cities in the U.S. Are Mo... (Nov '10) 11 hr Fitius T Bluster 20,947
I hate all white people. They all are like Trump (Sep '16) Mon you hate the truth 40
Hostas $5 Mon Chardo 1
News Pregnant woman shot 4 times outside Detroit home Sun @Kelly 1
AK Steel/UAW contract Sun Real 25
News 48 Hours: Best things to do in Metro Detroit Jun 24 ThomasA 2
News Owner accused of selling drugs at party story (Oct '09) Jun 23 Samiyah 200

Detroit Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Detroit Mortgages