Sex Lies and Audiotapes-Pastor Joel Anthony Ward

Posted in the Detroit Forum

First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Since: Aug 07

Dallas Texas

#1 Aug 3, 2007
This LA Pastor has a lot to learn. He threatens his choir director on tape and he impregnates her. She gets a restraining order. He is still in the pupit, refuses to resign and investigations are going on into his past. He once Pastored a church in Detroit that is closed down. Read the articles tell me your thoughts

http://www.wavenewspapers.com/link.asp... ...

http://wavenewspapers.com/link.asp... ...
earon

United States

#2 Aug 7, 2007
I attended the church around the corner from his. I remember when he came to petition our congregation for help when he was starting the high school. After his plea he talked for an additional ten minutes about himself. It is said that the reason he has not been removed is because he had the churhc sign a contract that they would not remove him under any circumstances. The church took him to court over this. It just goes to show the total lack of accountability with regards to pastors and the absene of the checks necessary to maintaintheir integrity.
reportnchick

United States

#3 Aug 8, 2007
This pastor does have a lot to learn, it's so sad that pastoring has become just a profession, for many of them there is no respect or love in it anymore, it's all business. He might be getting married soon, from what my sources tell me he has a steady girlfriend he flaunts everywhere, she's part of a big church organization from a different denomination. I feel sorry for the chile, walking around with her eyes and ears closed, a fact is a fact.
Rita

United States

#4 Aug 8, 2007
I like what u wrote reportnchick, its the truth, I just logged off the wave newspaper looking for a update on this preacher, the Reverend Joel Anthony Ward. Nothing new. He impregnated his choir directress, slept with her while sleeping around with his current girlfriend and abused his child? Oh my Lord in heaven have mercy That girlfriend better watch out or she just might drag herself and her daddy, who is a Bishop through the dirt.
I hope St. Paul Baptist knows what they're doing if they keep this man.
Uneed toshut UP

Los Angeles, CA

#6 Aug 9, 2007
reportnchick wrote:
This pastor does have a lot to learn, it's so sad that pastoring has become just a profession, for many of them there is no respect or love in it anymore, it's all business. He might be getting married soon, from what my sources tell me he has a steady girlfriend he flaunts everywhere, she's part of a big church organization from a different denomination. I feel sorry for the chile, walking around with her eyes and ears closed, a fact is a fact.
If you are not here in los angeles, then SHUT UP! he is a hoe and take advantage of women and hold up men too and use them! so u must be one of the women or men he used huh? I feel sorry for you
TRS

Garden Grove, CA

#7 Aug 12, 2007
I feel sorry for all the women and men who choose to look the other way or lay blame on the mistress, this man proves how thin the line between pimping and pastoring can be. What's next,blue and red rags hanging out of his back pocket. Come on people stop acting like this is OK.
RIP

Los Angeles, CA

#8 Aug 13, 2007
I agree TRS

Since: Aug 07

Dallas Texas

#9 Aug 13, 2007
This man should not be allowed to lead people in a church. i feel sorry for his members, his women, anyone involved with him. he is a menace
Dannie

Brea, CA

#10 Aug 15, 2007
WOW!!! Guys I cannot believe this! I used to go to this church. I just heard the news yesterday (8/14) and my mouth dropped. I am 23 now. The last time I attended the church was about 7 or 8 years ago(I guess right before all of this started happening). Honestly I think that Pastor Ward isn't the only "loony" there. A few of the other Revs there were just like him. It is just so devastating.....
Kevin Randolph

Flushing, MI

#11 Aug 15, 2007
Man thats messed up

Come join our detroit social network!

www.detroitcity.com Be known, Be heard
Portugal love

Downey, CA

#12 Aug 17, 2007
Angela hackworth at Testimonial church of God in christ is the woman he ia seeing and he is seeing Stephanie Wortham from some real estate company in long beach
Deidra K

Orange, CA

#13 Aug 23, 2007
WOW
Millie B

Orange, CA

#14 Aug 24, 2007
isn't Angela Hackworth Bishop JB Hackworth's daughter of Testimonial Church of God in Christ? I know them. My aunt was a member of that church. She can do better than him. She must be desperate.
So sad St Paul

Moreno Valley, CA

#15 Aug 27, 2007
Portugal love wrote:
Angela hackworth at Testimonial church of God in christ is the woman he ia seeing and he is seeing Stephanie Wortham from some real estate company in long beach
That's a shame. Have mercy LORD. This sunday the church voted to keep him as their pastor. My LORD what is it going to take for these members to really see what kind of person they are following..
So sad St Paul

Moreno Valley, CA

#16 Aug 27, 2007
Ladybugg wrote:
This LA Pastor has a lot to learn. He threatens his choir director on tape and he impregnates her. She gets a restraining order. He is still in the pupit, refuses to resign and investigations are going on into his past. He once Pastored a church in Detroit that is closed down. Read the articles tell me your thoughts
http://www.wavenewspapers.com/link.asp... ...
http://wavenewspapers.com/link.asp... ...
I attend St Paul for many years. I have witnessed the sad down fall of this church and I can only pray that the members that are still there have their prayer warriors working in there favor. It is a shame the madness that these people go thru every sunday. There is no preaching about the LORD. There are just rants of what Joel Anthony Ward's world has to offer. I remember the beautiful spirit that St Paul used to offer the community. The beauitful people that used to go to that church. The lovly choir RIP Cora. All the people with sense and understanding of Christ have left. I wonder everyday what makes the others stay. Is is the consist talk of what is going to happen next. Or it just that being comfortable where your at. I love the LORD and I thank him for removing me from such a bad situation. I pray for all the women that have let this person take advantage of them. I praise all the women that choose to stop him. I pray in do time the LORD does what he see's fit. It's not our battle it's the LORDs.
So sad St Paul 2

Orange, CA

#17 Aug 28, 2007
Yes it is very sad that these people chose a corrupt man over their church. But what happens is that congregations who sit under a certain pastor for a while start to take on that pastorís ways. Thatís why itís dangerous to sit under a crooked pastor.
Joel Ward is an adulterer, a womanizer, woman beater, convicted child abuser, and has a filthy mouth. His whole spirit is foul.
The people have been sitting under that foul spirit year after year and so now they have taken it on.
Of course 55 of them voted for him to stay. Now the 37 needs to go find a church.
Betsy

Orange, CA

#18 Sep 7, 2007
He is braggin to his members that he just bought his new woman a new car and they can't pay the church's bills. What is the world coming too.
Valerie

AOL

#19 Sep 8, 2007
All I can say is that all involved especially these gullible women, need prayer
Evelyn

Murfreesboro, TN

#20 Sep 14, 2007
I can't believe that the members voted to keep this Pastor. Our church is going through hell, because of Nathan Curtis Bryant, the man who calls himself a pastor. He along with his Financail secretary (check signer), have taken more than $2 million dollars from Jackson Street Missionary Baptist Church, Nashville TN.
We voted to sit him down @ half pay, pending a complete audit of the churches books. He refused to leave. We've gone to the courts, and just like earon said, It just goes to show the total lack of accountability with regards to pastors and the absence of the checks necessary to maintain their integrity, Nathan has not only stolen money from the church, but also mortgage the church, along with the Trustees ti the tune of $372,000. And they did not get authorization from the congrgation to do so. So we are now filling criminal charges against the pastor, trustees and the check writer
revtay

AOL

#21 Sep 26, 2007
it so sad that the boil have come to a head and satan is riding high with a few high minded preachers and the congreagation ask for it. they wanted flashy not store front or country preachers need not to even dare to apply for the job of pastor. i have been pastoring for almost 20 years at the same church all i ask for is dedication i dont want no check book i dont want no master card . dont try to pay me off im not for sale i know pastor bryant i pray for him and that church . for i still belive that the gates shall not prevail against it.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Detroit Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Flooding in metro Detroit a call to action on c... 5 hr diecuts 3
The 25 Most Dangerous Cities in the U.S. Are Mo... (Nov '10) 8 hr Chuck 19,281
Dwan Sims missing 4yr old 1994 cold case doesn'... (Jul '09) 11 hr Steve 109
Federal judges put a halt to appeals in Detroit... 16 hr AnalBead 2
What is the cause of Detroit's problems ? 20 hr reality is a crutch 8
Panic in Detroit: Forty years after the rioting (Feb '09) 21 hr funk brotha 10
Police: Scam Artist Hiding In Detroit (Mar '10) 21 hr Terry 3

Detroit Jobs

Detroit People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE