Forgotten In Time: Detroit's Abandone...

Forgotten In Time: Detroit's Abandoned Belle Isle Zoo

There are 18 comments on the Switched story from Sep 30, 2013, titled Forgotten In Time: Detroit's Abandoned Belle Isle Zoo. In it, Switched reports that:

In the middle of the Detroit River lies Belle Isle, a sprawling park designed by the same landscape architect responsible for New York's Central Park, Frederick Olmsted.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Switched.

kev

Taylor, MI

#1 Sep 30, 2013
Travesty that Detroit has allowed this park to decay.this should be a state park.
reality is a crutch

Nashua, NH

#2 Sep 30, 2013
yea they moved the animals to da hood and gave them guns, drugs to sell and generations of welfare.

Since: Oct 12

Detroit, MI.

#3 Sep 30, 2013
reality is a crutch wrote:
yea they moved the animals to da hood and gave them guns, drugs to sell and generations of welfare.
You can blame whitey for not giving us our reperations.
reality is a crutch

Nashua, NH

#4 Sep 30, 2013
Kallarik27 wrote:
<quoted text>
reparations ? surely you jest?

you were a slave?

Gee you have got to be the oldest slave in da world. See if you were a living slave you would be entitled to something. But all living slaves died 90 years ago.

You moron you already have affirmative action welfare food stamps and you voted for democrats for the past 60 years which has brought the N word people nothing.

You got the naacp, the N word congressional caucus, urban league,
the nose picking black panthers, PETA, the negro patrolmen association, the PTA black history month, black history classes at Harvard and still you have nothing. guess all the race pimps have failed you.

Your life in the hood is worse now than it was 60 years ago.
why is that??
You are being out hustled by illegal immigrants who steal your jobs, your opportunities in life cause you sit in da hood looking bad and feeling sorry for your self.

Tell you wHat go get a life get a job get out of da hood there is a whole world out there that is just passing you by you lazy moron
reality is a crutch

Nashua, NH

#5 Sep 30, 2013
reparations??

surely you jest? you were a slave?
you got to be the oldest slave on the planet.

You lazy moron you already have every opportunity in the world, Your being out hustled by illegal immigrants who take your jobs opportunities cause you sit around whining about BS.

Go get a job get a life.
reality is a crutch

Nashua, NH

#6 Sep 30, 2013
Kallarik27 wrote:
<quoted text>
You have got to get out of the hood see what's happening in the real world. News flash for you " THE HOOD IS NOT THE REAL WORLD"

In the real world if you jump into a taxi you will find drivers from all over the world some don't speak English very well BUT NO AMERICAN NEGROS why is that?

Go to any truck stop in America and you will find truck drivers from all over the world but few of any American negros construction sties the same thing.

so why are all these folks from all over the world find jobs in America and the American intercity negro can't find a job??

even the grumpy ass Russians who hate America come here and take jobs that could and should go to American negros.

so I call your bluff get off your lazy black rear end and go claim a job that some foreign moron took from you.

heck you can speak English better than some lame old grumpy Russian or middle eastern moron can, can't you??
reality is a crutch

Nashua, NH

#7 Oct 1, 2013
Kallarik27 wrote:
<quoted text>
what happen moron cat got your tongue?

Since: Oct 12

Detroit, MI.

#8 Oct 1, 2013
reality is a crutch wrote:
<quoted text>
what happen moron cat got your tongue?
You whites steriotype all of us. I am well educated and have a plush job at the Ford plant. Our ancestors are all dead, so I want what they would have had with interest.
reality is a crutch

Nashua, NH

#9 Oct 2, 2013
Kallarik27 wrote:
<quoted text>
You whites steriotype all of us. I am well educated and have a plush job at the Ford plant. Our ancestors are all dead, so I want what they would have had with interest.
So you claim!

Problem with the internet postings is we can't verify your claims of having a good job and or having ancestors who were slaves.
You could have been a slave owner for all we know.

Based on lack of empirical evidence you have provided you are entitled to squat on the historical slavery issue.

Your postings certainly don't support your claim of being well educated.

You post a very narrow myopic view of the world very little understanding of real world, US history, economics and an exaggerated view of your self and your point of view.

You post like a local boy with very local viewpoint.

You have got to get out of your plush office and hood more to see what is going on in da real world.

Or you could read newspapers from around the country & the world
But you need to expand your view of what's happening now.

Your regular posting are your trade mark and tell us more about you how you think and feel than you tell us about you.
Killdare Born

United States

#10 Oct 2, 2013
kev wrote:
Travesty that Detroit has allowed this park to decay.this should be a state park.
I used to live at 7662 Jerradine Ave when I was a kid, 1967 to 1972, I tried to look it up on google earth and it wasn't there, can you tell me what happenend to Jerradine Ave, was it renamed ? seems like it was only like 4 blocks from Belle Isle, we used to go there and play with our motorized toy boats
reality is a crutch

Nashua, NH

#11 Oct 2, 2013
Killdare Born wrote:
<quoted text>I used to live at 7662 Jerradine Ave when I was a kid, 1967 to 1972, I tried to look it up on google earth and it wasn't there, can you tell me what happenend to Jerradine Ave, was it renamed ? seems like it was only like 4 blocks from Belle Isle, we used to go there and play with our motorized toy boats
yea it was looted and sold for scrap or burned down by arsonist like everything else of value is da city.

check the junk year or pawn shops for your street.
Ms Dig

Farmington, MI

#12 Oct 2, 2013
Killdare Born wrote:
<quoted text>I used to live at 7662 Jerradine Ave when I was a kid, 1967 to 1972, I tried to look it up on google earth and it wasn't there, can you tell me what happenend to Jerradine Ave, was it renamed ? seems like it was only like 4 blocks from Belle Isle, we used to go there and play with our motorized toy boats
The area has been turned into an archeological dig. Elements of your toys may be discovered and used to document a period before the decay.
reality is a crutch

Nashua, NH

#13 Oct 3, 2013
Ms Dig wrote:
<quoted text>
The area has been turned into an archeological dig. Elements of your toys may be discovered and used to document a period before the decay.
they are trying to determine how the negro on welfare lived, survived in slums amongst black drug dealers with guns, the ho's, arsonist, looters, armed robbers, corrupt cops looking to shake down local residents during that dim time just before Detroit went totally dark. Which is recent history on the cosmic scale of events.

This junk could be in a planned permanent display in the all "GNU museum of what's happening now" if he museum ever opens.

They are having funding problems ( no one wants to waste good money on this silly idea) and the locals loot the construction supplies as soon as they are delivered to the construction site.

LOL

reality is a crutch

Nashua, NH

#14 Oct 5, 2013
Kallarik27 wrote:
<quoted text>
Guess coming face to face with reality of truth got to ya hun??

Yer pretty quiet out there, must be hiding out in your plush office at Ford?.

or did the hoods in the hood steal your ride?
MissFrijole

Minneapolis, MN

#15 Oct 13, 2013
Killdare Born wrote:
Do you remember in what vicinity the street was? Based on what is going on in Detroit, your house probably doesn't exist anymore.
Pete

Livonia, MI

#16 Oct 13, 2013
MissFrijole wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you remember in what vicinity the street was? Based on what is going on in Detroit, your house probably doesn't exist anymore.
The poster pretty well said the vacinity within blocks. Google Maps still shows the address listing 7662 Jerradine Ave. It is within what is now Cadillac Square. It's a park type area. You can view it with the satellite view and recall your lost youth.
KKK

Madison Heights, MI

#17 Oct 13, 2013
Kallarik27 wrote:
<quoted text>
AND THAT, ladies and germs is the primary reason for the racism against blacks.

"Gimme. gimme gimme"....says the black person, "I don't want to work because I want reparation for something which had nothing to do with my current status."
Killdare Born

United States

#18 Oct 13, 2013
Pete wrote:
<quoted text>
The poster pretty well said the vacinity within blocks. Google Maps still shows the address listing 7662 Jerradine Ave. It is within what is now Cadillac Square. It's a park type area. You can view it with the satellite view and recall your lost youth.
Thank you Pete, at least I know now what happened to the street, I'm a lot older now and my mind wanders from time to time but the last few months I've been thinking a lot about those good days when I lived there, guess that goes along with getting old. I was waiting until I saw a positive response before I replied to any post, once again Thank you !

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Detroit Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News The 25 Most Dangerous Cities in the U.S. Are Mo... (Nov '10) 6 hr 440 not fed 20,693
What would be the best way to CLEAN UP DETROIT? (Sep '14) 18 hr Population control 194
News Missing Detroit man has Alzheimer's, dementia Thu former democrat 1
What Have We Done To Ourselves ? Nov 30 The Working Class 1
The most awesome Detroit Techno Party of the ye... Nov 30 newswatchnow 2
News Major auto supplier to move headquarters to Detr Nov 30 WATCHING LIVONIA 1
Review: Sonya D'Zines (Nov '10) Nov 29 Chalmaine nicole 6

Detroit Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Detroit Mortgages