hfhfghfg

Ann Arbor, MI

#177 Feb 20, 2008
spaulding wrote:
Let's see people. Latest stats for the 50 largest cities. Doesn't look good Detroit. Here's how things stack up with Denver.
Burglary DET 2050/100,000 DEN 1150/100,000
Larceny DET 2406/100,000 DEN 2353/100,000
Vehical DET 2591/100,000 DEN 1116/100,000
thetf
ARSON DET 97/100,000 DEN 34/100,000
Property DET 7048/100,000 DEN 4620/100,000
crime
Manslaut DET 47/100,000 DEN 8/100,000
Robbery DET 818/100,000 DEN 225/100,000
Rape DET 67/100,000 DEN 60/100,000
Assualt DET 1485/100,000 DEN 466/100,000
Violent DET 2418/100,000 DEN 760/100,000
crime
MURDER DET 47.3/100,000 DEN 9/100,000
Facts are facts. Let's not even get into the demographics, it's downright disgraceful.
wow spaulding I actually live in michigan and have friends in detroit and been there several times I agree it is a shithole but don't talk shit if you never been there. Go play in the mountains somewhere!
Niki

Livonia, MI

#178 Feb 20, 2008
Also...wow I just moved to the Metro Detroit area (Westland) from Toledo OH, where Ive spent most of my life on the south side and river east and it's not THAT bad! It may be 'ghetto' but the people actually care about their communities and CONTRIBUTE to bettering their neighborhoods- and I'll have to say, being on the streets, alone as a white female, I never felt threatened late at night.
spaulding

Denver, CO

#179 Feb 20, 2008
hfhfghfg wrote:
<quoted text>wow spaulding I actually live in michigan and have friends in detroit and been there several times I agree it is a shithole but don't talk shit if you never been there. Go play in the mountains somewhere!
I had my rental car stolen while on business in detroit.
spaulding

Denver, CO

#180 Feb 20, 2008
hfhfghfg wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually Livonia is one of the biggest cities in michigan about 10 to 15 min west of detroit.
100,000 people. Not big
spambo

Canada

#181 Mar 7, 2008
I moved to Detroit in the early 1970s from Windsor Ont. and have spent a good part of my childhood and adult life in Detroit. This included going to Detroit public schools and busing and all the other drama that went with living in the hood. I have since moved away in 2005, this is the third time I have left Detroit . What I have learned from living in other cities in both the U.S. and Ontario is that Detroit has to be one of the most disfunctional cities around . When you elect and re-elect mayors like Coleman young and Kilwaumee the hip hop mayor. How can you possibly expect Detroit to comeback and be a livable city and compete with other cities for economic growth and lower murder crime rates etc.. as long as this cycle of disfunction continues and incompotent and corrupt city officials get elected, no one will come to save Detroit from itself; not the suburbs not the feds or the broke state of Michigan. the private sector is not gonna move lots of jobs here with the reputation our city has.

It's good to be out of the hood! The D in Detroit stands for dysfunction, depressing, delapatated, deplorable, Remember say nice things about Detroit.
8mileroad

Flower Mound, TX

#182 Mar 19, 2008
I actually recently heard that there are like...6 murders a day in Detroit.
I honestly don't know if thats true or not but thats the last I heard...
vdoe

United States

#184 Mar 22, 2008
8mileroad wrote:
I actually recently heard that there are like...6 murders a day in Detroit.
I honestly don't know if thats true or not but thats the last I heard...
HELL YEA IT'S TRUE LOOK IT UP
vdoe

United States

#185 Mar 22, 2008
T Dizzle wrote:
<quoted text>
If your education system is so great, why cant you spell fourth right you <expletive> moron?
NO ACTUALLY 3rd WORST CITY IN THE COUNTRY N.Y.NUMBER1 CHICAGO IS NUMBER 2
vdoe

United States

#186 Mar 22, 2008
jasmine wrote:
wat iz the total murder rate in 2007
404 HOMO
The Wright Rev TurnCoat

Valdez, AK

#187 Mar 24, 2008
Vote for a Democrat and support big government. Who gives a hoot if it doesn't work. They (Dems)pay us low life's lots to do nothing. Just think if Mabomma get elected. More money for all us that do nothing but want more money for nothing. F'ing corporations ruining everthing, hiring and stuff like that. Dems don't like business, like the social programs and giving money away. I am a lifelong Dem and see no reason to change.
proud2havemine

Brooklyn, MI

#188 Mar 26, 2008
I live in Detroit on Joy road if you no about the danger of Detroit you know about Joy Road what make my city dangerous is the lack of republican help,very few recreation centers and outsiders who make money here without offering jobs, going back to their suburb communities to spend it.
proud2havemine

Brooklyn, MI

#189 Mar 26, 2008
I live in Detroit on Joy road if you no about the danger of Detroit you know about Joy Road what make my city dangerous is the lack of republican help,very few recreation centers and outsiders who make money here without offering jobs, going back to their suburb communities to spend it.
Future

Southfield, MI

#190 Mar 26, 2008
Detroit is my home The world is My Back yard !!yes its Hard Here. But U have no idea what its like 2 be mis eduacted Seperated unprotected Disresepted Neglected. The ARab merchants are the same people from the Bible! We are the same people from the Bible nothing Change!! but us and the programing that has train the people 2 act & react in a certain way! if we in detroit burn the Flat screens Tv the radios that transmiting Disease thoughts &images WE ARE BABY GODS WITH POWER 2 Create ANYTHING GOOD&POSTIVE N LIFE!!B.I.A
Poetic Justice

Northville, MI

#191 Mar 26, 2008
proud2havemine wrote:
Just like Kwame’s wife, who has a Detroit police officer drive her Navigator to Twelve Oaks mall to go shopping?
Good grief

Ann Arbor, MI

#192 Mar 26, 2008
Ancestor_Hunter wrote:
<quoted text>
Yep, and it's headquartered in the Manoogian Mansion, with branch offices in Police Headquarters, and the Prosecuting Attorney's office.
I guess you know by now that the Wayne County Prosecutor's office is not a branch of the scum-breeding program headquartered in the Manoogian Mansion. On 3/24, Wayne County Prosecutor, Kym Worthy indicted Kwame Kilpatrick with some 8 counts of felony charges.
Good grief

Ann Arbor, MI

#193 Mar 26, 2008
Ancestor_Hunter wrote:
It's not the first time. Detroit should be used to it. Sure makes me glad I got the f**k out when I had the chance. I'm in Branson, MO. There was a murder here last week. It was the FIRST of the year and everyone is in a panic. I have to laugh at them. They have no idea here what real crime is.
Then the other day a friend in one of the suburbs was trying to tell me how wonderful it is in Detroit now and how it's changed since I moved away 5 yrs ago. Poor man......falls for all the "fix up downtown to lure the suburbanites and tourists" crap. All the money is used to fix up downtown at the expense of the neighborhoods. I was born and raised in Detroit and lived there for the better part of 54 years. It never came back after the riot and I doubt it ever will. It's sad, because at one time both whites and blacks lived side by side and got along. Seems like a dream now.
Until last year, I had not been downtown Detroit in 20 years. I was completely amazed at the changes that have been made. That Comerica Park is a beauty. The Fox Theatre is breathtaking, The Renaissance building is now owned by GM,and they moved all of the HVAC from the front leaving the front of the building open to see. We never knew how beautiful it was in the front until now. The Riverwalk is something to be reckoned with. And the Seldom Blues is second to none. Downtown Detroit is a different world now.

On the other hand, I agree with you, I can't see the mentality of the people within the entire city being changed just because of new developments in the heart of the city. Detroit was starting to look like something for a minute. But then the problem with the sub-prime mortgages raised its ugly head and now a lot of the abandoned homes are being broken into and looted for the copper and other metals because there are no jobs here. People have to feed their families. Unfortunately, whenever the economy is down, crime is up.

I am currently in college and intend to use my degree for a plane ticket. I have got to get away from this place if it's the last thing I do. I am not the only one with this vision. A lot of people have already left Detroit and a lot of people are preparing to leave. I can't say that I don't care about what happens to Detroit because this is my hometown and I have family here, but I do not intend on living my life here. All of my friends and family know that I am leaving here as soon as possible. It is no secret that I am not happy here. Pray for me and wish me well.
gossamer

Warren, MI

#194 Mar 27, 2008
dan wrote:
<quoted text>walk a mile in those 'lowlifes' shoes before you go passing judgement.Are you really that shallow?
Maybe they should walk a mile in the people who are condeming them shoes.
zookeeper

Denver, CO

#195 Mar 31, 2008
proud2havemine wrote:
Now you blame republicans. Detroit is completely run by corrupt democrats.
gossamer

Warren, MI

#196 Mar 31, 2008
zookeeper wrote:
<quoted text>Now you blame republicans. Detroit is completely run by corrupt democrats.
See how stupid people in Detroit are?
gossamer

Warren, MI

#197 Mar 31, 2008
hfhfghfg wrote:
<quoted text>wow spaulding I actually live in michigan and have friends in detroit and been there several times I agree it is a shithole but don't talk shit if you never been there. Go play in the mountains somewhere!
I can verify Detroit is a toliet hole.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Detroit Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The 25 Most Dangerous Cities in the U.S. Are Mo... (Nov '10) 10 min truth told 19,572
Parents of Texas College Student Who Went Missi... 50 min Micheal Bargo 4
Report says murder rates falling in Detroit 2 hr L Morales 3
Detroit murder rate on downward trend 6 hr reality is a crutch 2
MISSING: 14 y.o. from Detroit with depression 6 hr reality is a crutch 1
Obama to campaign for Dems Nov. 1 in Detroit area 9 hr squeezers 3
Now that Detroit museum has been saved, go see it 11 hr Tom Sawyer 2
Detroit Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Detroit People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Detroit News, Events & Info