City official: Detroit may run out of cash in December

Full story: ClickOnDetroit

A Detroit official says the city financial condition is rapidly deteriorating and City Hall could run out of cash by mid-December. City program management director William Andrews made the assessment Monday at a meeting of the Financial Advisory Board, a city-state panel overseeing Detroit's finances under its fiscal stability agreement with the ... (more)
Comments
1 - 12 of 12 Comments Last updated Nov 15, 2012
Burgydean

Belleville, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 12, 2012

Seismic activity will increase too, store water and canned goods, be ready for the worst on Dec.21 ?
Pete

Livonia, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 12, 2012

Judged:

Burgydean wrote:
Seismic activity will increase too, store water and canned goods, be ready for the worst on Dec.21 ?
I have provisions for a month including power. My history is that I'd end up supporting my neighbors and could run low anyway.
Plus I understand that it might even snow in December at almost the proposed time for the quake, alien invasion and end time. I'm going to hedge my bet by enjoying the next few weeks.
Xanadu

Gaylord, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 14, 2012

Judged:

Oh dear,'the sky is falling'(again)?
This is not news....yet the more they get the deeper the debt - sound familar?
Pete

Livonia, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 14, 2012

A comet named ISON which shines 15 times brighter than the moon and is potentially visible in broad daylight will fly by the Earth in November 2013.

That's a long ways away and a long time from now.
(I work in dog years.)
Burgydean

Belleville, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 14, 2012

Pete wrote:
A comet named ISON which shines 15 times brighter than the moon and is potentially visible in broad daylight will fly by the Earth in November 2013.
That's a long ways away and a long time from now.
(I work in dog years.)
Anyone outside on Dec.21 will have memory loss from the magnetic pull of the planetary alignment, this occurrence is being called zero point...
Pete

Livonia, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 14, 2012

Burgydean wrote:
<quoted text>Anyone outside on Dec.21 will have memory loss from the magnetic pull of the planetary alignment, this occurrence is being called zero point...
Thanks. Duly noted.
I have memories I need to lose. How long does it take? I will need to set my alarm ahead of time and leave myself a note to come back in.
Burgydean

Belleville, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 14, 2012

Pete wrote:
<quoted text>
Thanks. Duly noted.
I have memories I need to lose. How long does it take? I will need to set my alarm ahead of time and leave myself a note to come back in.
Don't get pulled into purgatory as you do that ?
I dreamed last nite John Lennon is there, imagine that and you may say I'm a dreamer ~
Pete

Livonia, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 14, 2012

Judged:

Burgydean wrote:
<quoted text>Don't get pulled into purgatory as you do that ?
I dreamed last nite John Lennon is there, imagine that and you may say I'm a dreamer ~
I dream of flying, running or skating. I go right over obstacles. A wide opening in the ground from a quake will be no trouble whatsoever. However, we all fear the unknown. I'd like to befriend the aliens and join up if need be. I could have seniority by joining early. Pity the poor folks who end up on meat hooks as food.
Keep us posted so we know which way to zig.
Burgydean

Belleville, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 15, 2012

The solar invention of Zombies is close at hand....
Pete

Livonia, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 15, 2012

Burgydean wrote:
The solar invention of Zombies is close at hand....
We really do live on the edge. Scientists know about solar flares and other such events. Sometimes they can't be predicted. The magnitude also can't always be predicted. We live in a spec of time in relation to cosmic events. Yet and still, we could be sitting here when that unpredicted solar event, explosion or flare, occurs. Eight minutes later we could all be reduced to a single element.
Enjoy your day.

PS> Detroit will avoid the immediate disaster by complying with state guidelines and borrowing more money. You are never broke when you can borrow more.
Burgydean

Belleville, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 15, 2012

I need a bottle of sweet tea and a carmello bar in order to cope with an unattended erection, life is good here in Michigan, let's roll baby !
B52sRcool

Dallas, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 15, 2012

Judged:

Burgydean wrote:
I need a bottle of sweet tea and a carmello bar in order to cope with an unattended erection, life is good here in Michigan, let's roll baby !
Don't waste it. I'll be right over.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

9 Users are viewing the Detroit Forum right now

Search the Detroit Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
The 25 Most Dangerous Cities in the U.S. Are Mo... (Nov '10) 22 min bannedagain3 18,569
Struggle for Water Rights in Detroit Is Showing... 56 min kuda 34
Detroit plan to shut off water shows results, b... 14 hr Zeppelin 1
Rochelle Riley: If Detroit were a movie, Orr wo... 19 hr Brian Adam 2
Detroit not alone in shutting off water for unp... 19 hr reality is a crutch 3
Detroit renames street in honor of Nelson Mandela 21 hr Skorzeny 4
charlie wray Sat sid 1
•••
•••
•••

Detroit Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000