Pit bulls fill 77 percent of Detroit Animal Control cages

Full story: MLive.com

There's no question that the pit bull is the dog breed of choice in Detroit, says Animal Control Manager Harry Ward.
Comments
1 - 4 of 4 Comments Last updated Feb 7, 2013
Will i am

Romulus, MI

#1 Feb 4, 2013
Auschwitz
Pete

Livonia, MI

#2 Feb 4, 2013
I can see how a raging pitbull trained to attack strangers could be somewhat difficult to adopt out.
ThomasA

Birmingham, AL

#3 Feb 6, 2013
People are finding out that those cute little puppies they bought for Christmas don't make the best pet for a family where both parents and the kids are gone all day. They also find out their homeowner's insurance companies and apartment management don't allow a long list of certain animals. It's a shame that they have to wind up in a shelter or in the paper under"free to a good home" and then the second owners find out the same restrictions.
mike

Akron, OH

#4 Feb 7, 2013
ThomasA wrote:
People are finding out that those cute little puppies they bought for Christmas don't make the best pet for a family where both parents and the kids are gone all day. They also find out their homeowner's insurance companies and apartment management don't allow a long list of certain animals. It's a shame that they have to wind up in a shelter or in the paper under"free to a good home" and then the second owners find out the same restrictions.
Most if not all of these dogs are simply obtained because ghetto blacks are so stupid they think having a pitbull is going to make them real men.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Detroit Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The 25 Most Dangerous Cities in the U.S. Are Mo... (Nov '10) 1 hr Samuel-6g-Jackson 18,941
Detroit man pleads guilty to distributing nearl... 1 hr Just Me 1
Ram's Horn not rebuilding at former site 5 hr Steve 1
Home based business paying out Millions in comm... 5 hr Rambo 3
3 fatally shot in Detroit over Labor Day weekend 5 hr Rambo 3
Judge Rhodes to decide on Detroit water shutoff... 5 hr Rambo 2
Popular Detroit church is closing its doors 5 hr Rambo 3
•••
•••
•••

Detroit Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000