Vacant Detroit becomes dumping ground for the dead

Aug 2, 2012 Full story: The Republic 10

They were just the latest victims of foul play whose remains went undiscovered for days after being hidden deep inside Detroit's vast urban wilderness - a crumbling wasteland rarely visited by outsiders and infrequently patrolled by police.

Full Story
Fred Sanford

Newport Beach, CA

#1 Aug 2, 2012
I always wanted to have free access to an auto junk yard. I felt like I could put a great ride together from the pieces. If I lived on the street in this article, I would be out combing the new resources every morning.
mike

Akron, OH

#2 Aug 3, 2012
if you lived on the street in this article - you would be a candidate for murder.
jed

Casar, NC

#3 Aug 3, 2012
Keep all that trash up there! What a shit hole!
Faith

New Baltimore, MI

#5 Aug 3, 2012
"......It's a pattern made possible by more than four decades of urban decay and suburban flight. White residents started moving to burgeoning suburbs in the 1950s, then stepped up their exodus after a deadly 1967 race riot. Detroit's black middle class followed over the next two decades, leaving block after block of empty homes...."

Oh, I see. It's the white man's fault. Gee, that's original.
ThomasA

Birmingham, AL

#7 Aug 3, 2012
Does anyone check on the old men who sit on the ratty old couches on their front porches all day, day in and day out and make sure they are not sitting up dead? You really couldn't tell the difference until decomposition sets in.
Topper

New Cairo, Egypt

#9 Aug 4, 2012
Black people just don't show their age as much as whites do. They are better preserved.
Burgydean

Belleville, MI

#10 Aug 4, 2012
jed wrote:
Keep all that trash up there! What a shit hole!
Myrtle beach is my second home !
mike

Akron, OH

#13 Aug 4, 2012
ThomasA wrote:
Does anyone check on the old men who sit on the ratty old couches on their front porches all day, day in and day out and make sure they are not sitting up dead? You really couldn't tell the difference until decomposition sets in.
that is soooo true! Ii think their fammilies just want to keep cashing their welfare checks.
ThomasA

Birmingham, AL

#15 Aug 4, 2012
mike wrote:
<quoted text>
that is soooo true! Ii think their fammilies just want to keep cashing their welfare checks.
One would think that there's more to life than sitting there all day every day. Couldn't they read a book,go for a walk,or even pick up the trash and garbage in their front yard?
Sanny Tashen

Lincoln, NE

#17 Aug 5, 2012
Can ya hold off til Thursday,

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Detroit Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Aryan nation ! 2 hr Skeeter 3
Wind advisory in effect Christmas Eve 2 hr Skeeter 1
Home alone 3 hr Poetic Justice 1
Detroit woman caught smuggling marijuana to her... (Dec '11) 3 hr lefty72 7
The 25 Most Dangerous Cities in the U.S. Are Mo... (Nov '10) 9 hr Sheboon 19,565
I still love Kwame Kilpatrick; 9 hr Meanie 2
I want to die New Years Eve ? 9 hr Government-Foe 1
Detroit Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Detroit People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Detroit News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Detroit

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News