Vacant Detroit becomes dumping ground for the dead

Aug 2, 2012 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: The Republic

They were just the latest victims of foul play whose remains went undiscovered for days after being hidden deep inside Detroit's vast urban wilderness - a crumbling wasteland rarely visited by outsiders and infrequently patrolled by police.

Comments
1 - 10 of 10 Comments Last updated Aug 5, 2012
Fred Sanford

Newport Beach, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 2, 2012

I always wanted to have free access to an auto junk yard. I felt like I could put a great ride together from the pieces. If I lived on the street in this article, I would be out combing the new resources every morning.
mike

Akron, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 3, 2012

if you lived on the street in this article - you would be a candidate for murder.
jed

Casar, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 3, 2012

Keep all that trash up there! What a shit hole!
Faith

New Baltimore, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 3, 2012

"......It's a pattern made possible by more than four decades of urban decay and suburban flight. White residents started moving to burgeoning suburbs in the 1950s, then stepped up their exodus after a deadly 1967 race riot. Detroit's black middle class followed over the next two decades, leaving block after block of empty homes...."

Oh, I see. It's the white man's fault. Gee, that's original.
ThomasA

Birmingham, AL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 3, 2012

Does anyone check on the old men who sit on the ratty old couches on their front porches all day, day in and day out and make sure they are not sitting up dead? You really couldn't tell the difference until decomposition sets in.
Topper

New Cairo, Egypt

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 4, 2012

Black people just don't show their age as much as whites do. They are better preserved.
Burgydean

Belleville, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 4, 2012

jed wrote:
Keep all that trash up there! What a shit hole!
Myrtle beach is my second home !
mike

Akron, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 4, 2012

ThomasA wrote:
Does anyone check on the old men who sit on the ratty old couches on their front porches all day, day in and day out and make sure they are not sitting up dead? You really couldn't tell the difference until decomposition sets in.
that is soooo true! Ii think their fammilies just want to keep cashing their welfare checks.
ThomasA

Birmingham, AL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 4, 2012

mike wrote:
<quoted text>
that is soooo true! Ii think their fammilies just want to keep cashing their welfare checks.
One would think that there's more to life than sitting there all day every day. Couldn't they read a book,go for a walk,or even pick up the trash and garbage in their front yard?
Sanny Tashen

Lincoln, NE

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 5, 2012

Can ya hold off til Thursday,

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••

Detroit Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Detroit People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Detroit News, Events & Info