Vacant Detroit becomes dumping ground...

Vacant Detroit becomes dumping ground for the dead

There are 10 comments on the The Republic story from Aug 2, 2012, titled Vacant Detroit becomes dumping ground for the dead. In it, The Republic reports that:

They were just the latest victims of foul play whose remains went undiscovered for days after being hidden deep inside Detroit's vast urban wilderness - a crumbling wasteland rarely visited by outsiders and infrequently patrolled by police.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Republic.

Fred Sanford

Orange, CA

#1 Aug 2, 2012
I always wanted to have free access to an auto junk yard. I felt like I could put a great ride together from the pieces. If I lived on the street in this article, I would be out combing the new resources every morning.
mike

Akron, OH

#2 Aug 3, 2012
if you lived on the street in this article - you would be a candidate for murder.
jed

Morganton, NC

#3 Aug 3, 2012
Keep all that trash up there! What a shit hole!
Faith

New Baltimore, MI

#5 Aug 3, 2012
"......It's a pattern made possible by more than four decades of urban decay and suburban flight. White residents started moving to burgeoning suburbs in the 1950s, then stepped up their exodus after a deadly 1967 race riot. Detroit's black middle class followed over the next two decades, leaving block after block of empty homes...."

Oh, I see. It's the white man's fault. Gee, that's original.
ThomasA

Birmingham, AL

#7 Aug 3, 2012
Does anyone check on the old men who sit on the ratty old couches on their front porches all day, day in and day out and make sure they are not sitting up dead? You really couldn't tell the difference until decomposition sets in.
Topper

Egypt

#9 Aug 4, 2012
Black people just don't show their age as much as whites do. They are better preserved.
Burgydean

Rincon, GA

#10 Aug 4, 2012
jed wrote:
Keep all that trash up there! What a shit hole!
Myrtle beach is my second home !
mike

Akron, OH

#13 Aug 4, 2012
ThomasA wrote:
Does anyone check on the old men who sit on the ratty old couches on their front porches all day, day in and day out and make sure they are not sitting up dead? You really couldn't tell the difference until decomposition sets in.
that is soooo true! Ii think their fammilies just want to keep cashing their welfare checks.
ThomasA

Birmingham, AL

#15 Aug 4, 2012
mike wrote:
<quoted text>
that is soooo true! Ii think their fammilies just want to keep cashing their welfare checks.
One would think that there's more to life than sitting there all day every day. Couldn't they read a book,go for a walk,or even pick up the trash and garbage in their front yard?
Sanny Tashen

Lincoln, NE

#17 Aug 5, 2012
Can ya hold off til Thursday,

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Detroit Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News The 25 Most Dangerous Cities in the U.S. Are Mo... (Nov '10) 2 hr OMTE 20,386
News Everyone in Detroit Should Have Access To Clean... (Oct '14) 20 hr Governor Leadwater 3
News Texas A&M professor thinks Detroit should just ... Sat bozo 1
News Detroit Riot of 1967: Wayne State shares never ... Sat bozo 1
I like to masturbate to a picture of Hitler? Fri ANON 2
News DIA plans multimillion dollar investment in Afr... Fri dave 1
News Young woman left for dead in alley after assault Fri bozo 3

Detroit Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Detroit Mortgages