Michigan voters to decide fate of Detroit-Windsor bridge

Nov 6, 2012 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: The Globe and Mail

The Ambassador Bridge spans the Detroit River dividing Canada and the U.S., is shown on Friday June 15, 2012.

Comments
1 - 3 of 3 Comments Last updated Nov 6, 2012
Pete

Livonia, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 6, 2012

The legislature operates as the people's voice on these bridge projects normally. They refused to approve the bridge plan. Snyder did an end run based on the supposition that no state funds would be needed. It's like a president's executive order when congress won't declare war. Snyder sounds like a 10 year old explaining where the cookies went.

If the people want a bridge, get it approved and build it. If the traffic count supports the need, the tolls will support the borrowing to build it.
Faith

New Baltimore, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 6, 2012

We don't need another bridge.
Pete

Livonia, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 6, 2012

Faith wrote:
We don't need another bridge.
I'm not sure. The old 80 year old Ambassador has not been well maintained apparently.

The current bridge carries lots of hugely profitable traffic that could support another bridge.

A more accessible bridge would supposedly generate a large increase in traffic.

A second bridge in another location would take the burden off of residents in the current area.

These things need to be studied and publicized before being voted upon rather than just having an edict from Snyder.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••

Detroit Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••

Detroit People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Detroit News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Detroit
•••