Old evidence at new trial

Old evidence at new trial

There are 1142 comments on the Rocky Mountain News story from May 12, 2006, titled Old evidence at new trial. In it, Rocky Mountain News reports that:

An Adams County judge Thursday ruled that notes and blood evidence taken by a now-dead investigator at a murder scene 25 years ago can be used in the case against Troy Brownlow.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Rocky Mountain News.

Laine

United States

#41 Jun 13, 2006
For Nanine's sake, I hope you don't quit looking for her murderer. Justice was not served today by convicting Troy Brownlow. He has to pay the price for a crime he did not commit which I'm sure adds some comfort to the famuily and friends of the Grimes family. Right now Nanine's probably screaming from heaven, "You have the wrong guy!" I wish the best for the Grimes family, but I will continue to search for leads that will prove Troy Brownlows innocence even if it takes me 20 years to do it and that is a promise!
Shirley Horn

Littleton, CO

#42 Jun 13, 2006
Just to let you know Troy has been found guilty!
Shirley Horn

Littleton, CO

#43 Jun 13, 2006
Laine wrote:
For Nanine's sake, I hope you don't quit looking for her murderer. Justice was not served today by convicting Troy Brownlow. He has to pay the price for a crime he did not commit which I'm sure adds some comfort to the famuily and friends of the Grimes family. Right now Nanine's probably screaming from heaven, "You have the wrong guy!" I wish the best for the Grimes family, but I will continue to search for leads that will prove Troy Brownlows innocence even if it takes me 20 years to do it and that is a promise!
You continue to do that. It took us over 25yrs. to find her killer. I hope that one day you will realize that Troy was guilty as sin! God help him now. Now he has to live with the fact that he was finally caught. Maybe one day he will come clean with all of you.
A first cousin

Littleton, CO

#44 Jun 13, 2006
I think Nini is up in heaven cheering that they finally caught the little psychopath who killed her and then acted as thought nothing happened.
Laura

Gadsden, AL

#45 Jun 13, 2006
Ya know what I do too!!! Let me tell you something, I'm am very sorry for ALL the victims in this case!!! My sister met was dating Troy and was pregnant by him when he was picked up. Needless to say she was SHOCKED when the investigators from CO picked him up here. She had no idea why, what, where, when, or how. Non of us did. Our whole family has been in shock over this since April last year. We thought Troy was a wonderful addition to our family. A very delightful person to be around. An uncle to our kids. A very fabulous smart one at that. Always willing to help and play. No yelling, or fighting between any of us including him and my sister. We looked forward to the birth of their child and the marriage of my sister and him to make it official! His daughter, my niece was born, a month after he went away. She just turned a year, she's helpless and beautiful (I'm sure just like Nanine). I feel for you all. This was devestating to you 26 years ago and it was devestating to my family, my sister last year. I have been there for her when she had the baby alone and she's worked and supported herself and the baby alone! She's never known what to believe. You can imagine what she wanted to believe! She's stuck by him, hoping and praying for the truth and more evidence to prove him innoncent. I'm not sure the defense provided anyone with much evidence at all!!! Troy has parents who also don't deserve the grief and devestation they've dealt with in their life. My sister called me today crying after the verdict and saying how Nanine's family yelled at Troy's side of the courtroom "He killed her, he's gonna pay"! Is that necessary? Do they deserve that? They're not on the stand! They are just as innoncent as Nanine was and her family is! They are victims as well!!! Give them a break. I thought after this was over I would for sure have a decision where to stand! I don't, I believe still Troy couldn't have done it. I don't think his lawyers did very well defending him.
brenda

AOL

#46 Jun 13, 2006
we have alot of mixed emotions about, this murder. i am glad that nini has finally got justice. i will always pray for youre family.
Shirley Horn

Littleton, CO

#47 Jun 13, 2006
Laura wrote:
Ya know what I do too!!! Let me tell you something, I'm am very sorry for ALL the victims in this case!!! My sister met was dating Troy and was pregnant by him when he was picked up. Needless to say she was SHOCKED when the investigators from CO picked him up here. She had no idea why, what, where, when, or how. Non of us did. Our whole family has been in shock over this since April last year. We thought Troy was a wonderful addition to our family. A very delightful person to be around. An uncle to our kids. A very fabulous smart one at that. Always willing to help and play. No yelling, or fighting between any of us including him and my sister. We looked forward to the birth of their child and the marriage of my sister and him to make it official! His daughter, my niece was born, a month after he went away. She just turned a year, she's helpless and beautiful (I'm sure just like Nanine). I feel for you all. This was devestating to you 26 years ago and it was devestating to my family, my sister last year. I have been there for her when she had the baby alone and she's worked and supported herself and the baby alone! She's never known what to believe. You can imagine what she wanted to believe! She's stuck by him, hoping and praying for the truth and more evidence to prove him innoncent. I'm not sure the defense provided anyone with much evidence at all!!! Troy has parents who also don't deserve the grief and devestation they've dealt with in their life. My sister called me today crying after the verdict and saying how Nanine's family yelled at Troy's side of the courtroom "He killed her, he's gonna pay"! Is that necessary? Do they deserve that? They're not on the stand! They are just as innoncent as Nanine was and her family is! They are victims as well!!! Give them a break. I thought after this was over I would for sure have a decision where to stand! I don't, I believe still Troy couldn't have done it. I don't think his lawyers did very well defending him.
Maybe because they could not defend a guilty person. They didn't have a case. You really should think about that. His attorney's could not help him because he is sooooo guilty. I'm sorry he had you all fooled. Like the concerned citizen said you really don't know a physcopath when you meet one. You know, my family reacted to the verdict not to his family.
A first cousin

Littleton, CO

#48 Jun 13, 2006
Laura:

I am so sorry my family acted that way. Obviously there were very strong emotions in court today, however, they should have been classier about how they felt. I am not proud of how some of my family members behave. I wish your sister the best and hope everything works out for her and the baby. Good luck.
Laura

Gadsden, AL

#49 Jun 13, 2006
I appreciate that! Thank you!
Gayla bellsouth

Lenoir City, TN

#50 Jun 13, 2006
This has been a long time coming, Nanine's family and friends have needed closure for a very long time. As to Laura and Laine, I can appreciate your loyalty towards Troy. Please keep in mind however, that this person you came to know also went to school with most of us. This poor scared boy who says he witnessed but did not commit this horrible murder. Someone needs to help me and I am sure many others, understand how he can, as he claims witness this and then come to school with us everyday without uttering a single word? Attending parties, school functions, dating, just going on with his life. Telling no one nothing? I have a very hard time with that. Does he have no conscience? Many of us have kids of our own now and mine is 15, Nanine's age at passing. I look at my son and I think God help the person who would ever try and harm him. Nanine was a baby, we were all babies and this traumatized everyone. Laura and Laine, you hang tight to your belief in his innocense, but I for one believe in his guilt. Shame on that man for the pain and continued suffering he has caused that family. God Bless the Grimes family and friends and may Nanine finally rest in peace.
Mr Twister

United States

#51 Jun 14, 2006
I met Troy after he married a close friend many years ago. My impression of him was of a very angry guy. In fact, I told her later that he looked at me like he wanted to kill me. I'm not at all surprised, knowing some of the other things he was into, that he had a penchant for psycho behavior.
maria r thornton

Seattle, WA

#52 Jun 14, 2006
I was at the trial yesterday and the Grimes family did handle this trial with class and they treated Troy's family with respect and no one yelled to Troy's side of the court room or to his family "He Killed Her He is gonna pay" Yes there where very strong emotions in the court room yesterday but at no time through out the trail did the Grimes Family or friends disrespect Troy's family in any way !
Karen

Gadsden, AL

#53 Jun 14, 2006
I'll tell you right now, they didn't feel like they were treated with any respect!!!
Tina McGuire

Denver, CO

#54 Jun 14, 2006
OK everyone! it was inevidble that someone if not everyone would be hurt in some fashion or another, I truly feel everyone was vindicated to a certain extent here, let's all please focus on what is good in this world and quit apolgozing for things that you shouldn't be apologizing for! We cannot speak for others nor can we go back and change things - only move forward which is what everyone needs to do. For Troy's family and friends, I feel for you as that this person is not who you thought he was, he is not the person we thought he was either but no one can change that fact, we all look so hard in finding the good in people, you can continue to this but don't tell us and the peoople who have convicted him we are wrong, we feel we are right and have some closure to this horrible past. It went to trial, it finally made it through the system, the verdict was guilty, no matter how happy, sad or indifferent it makes each of us feel. We all just need to take this time and reflect on life and make the best of what we all have left - my best to everyone.
Laine

United States

#55 Jun 14, 2006
Laura, I've been in court everyday since the trial started including yesterday. No one at any time yelled at us or Troy. They read the verdict and the only thing that I heard was Ms. Grimes sob once. The deputies asked us to depart the courtroom before the Grimes family and friends so there was absolutely no confrontation or disrespect by either side yesterday. Actually, during the trial I felt most of the family and friends of the Grimes family showed us kindness. Your sister was only here for the verdict, where has she been over the past 14 months while Troy was sitting in jail? She has no right to come here and start an ugly rumor like that. Shame on her!
Michela

United States

#56 Jun 14, 2006
Treated with respect? Let's not lose focus here. Nanine's life was taken and all of our lives have been forever effected. Nobody will ever know the everyday pain, memories that Nanine's sister and mother live with. Forget about respect for a minute. Nobody, Nobody, has the right to judge the way the Grimes family reacted yesterday. Allow Deanna and her mother this opportunity to finally have some peace in their lives. And, God Bless the lives that Troy has tore to pieces during these past 26 years.
Karen

Gadsden, AL

#57 Jun 14, 2006
No lets not forget about respect for one minute! Who was on trial? Troy, not his family! There were alot more people affected by this then just the Grimes! They lost someone and so did Troy's family! Will anyone of you people who talk so bad about Troy ever appoligize if the real killer is ever caught??? No because you forgot about RESPECT! You don't know what that is!!!
Laura

Gadsden, AL

#58 Jun 14, 2006
Laine, do you want to know where she has been??? She has been in Tucson Arizona working to support the child that her and Troy made together!!! Excuse me but you live there! She lives here and when you support yourself and kids alone you don't have the time or money to fly! Ya know what she sent him money very frequently and often when she really couldn't afford to! When he lived here with her, he quit his job when she was pregnant, and she worked 7 days a week on her swollen feet to support him! Why? She loved him and thought he would be around to help raise their daughter! So I can say shame on you, were you there to hear the victim impact statements??? I think you are jealous and maybe you should just go back to his cousin you two timing fat ho!
brenda

AOL

#59 Jun 14, 2006
youre comments are pretty sad
brenda

AOL

#60 Jun 14, 2006
laura, this is rod i was very close to troy as a young kid.i did speak to mrs brownlow at the trail, she was very glad that i was their. please let them know that i do care about everyone. sincerely rod

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Denver Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
last post wins! (Feb '11) 15 hr Princess Hey 26,424
News Subscribers Snatch Up 'Hamilton' Tickets 16 hr Horsed 1
Republicans the party of LIARS (Dec '11) Sun Nemo 30,410
News Colo. gay discrimination alleged over wedding cake (Jun '13) Jan 20 June VanDerMark 58,746
-Can-nabis -co-caine- he-roin op-ium ecs-tasy c... Jan 20 Pour volee 1
Taylor Swift touched or not touched Jan 19 ThomasA 7
Kale Cuoco? Jan 19 SYLNTGRNIZPPL 2

Denver Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Denver Mortgages