Liquor store robbery: Clerk shoots 2 liquor store robbery suspects

Full story: Fox 31 KDVR 84
Liquor store robbery suspects were surprised when clerks at two stores confronted them with weapons. Full Story
First Prev
of 5
Next Last
Lady_Ca_Ca

United States

#1 Sep 23, 2010
Good guys 2, bad guys 0. We need more people like these liquor store clerks. Wonder if they will be charged like Bobby Wallace, for assualt while protecting their property?
Carolyn

Denver, CO

#2 Sep 23, 2010
Congratulations to the store clerks for reacting fast; the shoe may have been on the other feet if neither store would have taken action. Too often we hear about robbery in this area and it's time to let the criminals know that we won't take it anymore. A message to criminals...Get a life and find a new line of work. They're lucky they weren't killed and so are their families.
Dirty Harry

United States

#3 Sep 23, 2010
Nice shooting! It's always better when ya hit the target. Good guys win! Bad guys lose!
Primerib2day

Denver, CO

#4 Sep 23, 2010
I am glad at the outcome this time. These thugs need to move on to someplace else. I also am worried that the time will come that the results aren't as good and some innocent clerk gets shot or worse. Some how we need to claim our city and country back and not let the theives have their way.
Troll Hunter

Tulsa, OK

#5 Sep 23, 2010
We need more of this type of citizen involvement in proctecting their own businesses, property and lives from dangerous criminals. Heaven knows we can't depend on the police to protect us all the time if any of the time.
The good guy wins this time. We will have to wait and see if the broken judicial system is the one to victimize him now.
Politically Incorrect

Denver, CO

#7 Sep 23, 2010
I was listening to the police radio while all this was happening. Pretty exciting and interesting. I heard one officer ask where the suspect, I'm not sure which one, had been shot. Another officer replied, "the head". All we can hope for now is that these two societal failures die.
tjack

Easton, MD

#9 Sep 23, 2010
Thank goodness for armed citizens. It is about time we dispensed with the entire jury/judge nonsense and instituted a death penalty for robbery.

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#10 Sep 23, 2010
NICE SHOT. KUDOS to the owner.
department of hard labor

Denver, CO

#11 Sep 23, 2010
I hope the clerks don't get charged for anything.

Society is so fouled up.

All of these scum need to be shot first and questioned later.
Bill Elizabeth

Kiowa, CO

#12 Sep 23, 2010
Its about time that we stand up for our Rights
Good Shooting.......
Elbert

Kiowa, CO

#13 Sep 23, 2010
So, these thugs get shot at, then 6 mins later pull the same armed robbery all over again?

For their own sake it's good both attendants were armed or this story could have taken a major turn for the worse.

If I were the attendants I would check myself into some shooting range classes where they teach how to hit the vital organs.

Guarantee these two will get released from taxpayer funded hospitable care, and do the same thing all over again, hoping they encounter a unarmed attendant next.
AmanteNino

Westcliffe, CO

#14 Sep 23, 2010
These store clerks need to hit the shooting range, get in some more pratice, so next time, they shoot to kill!
Suspects will probably sue, that's America, criminals have more rights then victims.
Cuban0Uno

Aurora, CO

#15 Sep 23, 2010
You know, speaking of shooting things, every once in a while when my Sticky AngeI Wings (AKA Big Beth of Tulsa) gets into one of those unmotivated modes and just sits around all day, I grab the ol' shotgun, fill it with a rock-salt round and blast that b_it,ch right in her chewed bubble gum a,$,$.

You want to hear a horse do a high pitched whinny!

Those Tulsa horse need a little motivation every so often.
anomymous

United States

#16 Sep 23, 2010
Tony Montana wrote:
Troll Hunter huh kinded like Blade The Vampire hunter huh beth. And jour Blade right did jou think this by jour self mang.
are you just plain stupid, you can't even talk right, or spell. Go get an education, before you post anything on this blog. DUH!
furthurmore9

Arvada, CO

#17 Sep 23, 2010
Fight crime, shoot back.
Politically Incorrect

Denver, CO

#18 Sep 23, 2010
The police can't be everywhere all the time. There are just too few of them and there are a lot of trouble-makers out here. So the reality is that the responsibility for our safety lies first with ourselves.

It is our responsibility to be aware of our surroundings, avoid situations of potential danger, and especially to be prepared to defend ourselves and the weaker or defenseless around us from societies thugs until police can arrive to help.

I say congratulations to both of these clerks for not surrendering to the criminal whimsical ways of the two lowlifes. I will be stopping by both of these businesses later today to congratulate both of these men.

But Einstein's theory of relativity,...for every action there is an equal and opposite reaction... may come in to play here. Depending on who the suspects were, there may now exist the potential for revenge to be exacted at either or both of these business, possibly even against employees who had nothing to do with the incident at all. These business owners from here on out need to be especially prepared for any such attack.

Keep your powder dry folks, and may your aim be true. Remember, when seconds count, the police are only minutes away.
roger

Denver, CO

#19 Sep 23, 2010
Too bad the clerk was not a better shot, would have saved us some tax dollars to keep these guys alive and in jail.
Politically Incorrect

Denver, CO

#20 Sep 23, 2010
Agreed, Roger! Can you see it now, the clerk drops these two thugs just inside the store. An investigation is conducted, blah, blah, blah, and the clerk is found justified in his use of force, case closed. The business reopens its doors and when customers enter, the first thing they see is the tape on the floor outlining where the bodies fell. I love it!
MikeH

Aurora, CO

#21 Sep 23, 2010
Go good guys!! The police do all they can, butthe ultimate responsibility belongs to the people. Crooks think twice once somebody confronts them and damned near blows them away.The sad part of this is that the one defending the business is more likely to be in trouble than they know. In this Liberal society, the crooks have more rights than we do. A cop friend of mine always told me "Center mass... ALWAYS! Never let them have the chance to come back to burn you later."
Corbomite Maneuver

Littleton, CO

#22 Sep 23, 2010
We can save the taxpayers a lot of money with armed businesses.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 5
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Denver Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
last post wins! (Feb '11) 1 hr Concerned_American 24,746
Internet Marketing Benefits 1 hr Zambo50 1
Republicans the party of LIARS (Dec '11) 3 hr zzz 13,721
Colo. gay discrimination alleged over wedding cake (Jun '13) 7 hr Reverend Alan 4,396
Apex fun run a scam? 13 hr Slumdog gang pimps 71
scum of the earth. 19 hr steven 4
well 21 hr commander 3
Denver Dating
Find my Match

Denver People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Denver News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Denver

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 7:16 am PST

NBC Sports 7:16AM
Breaking down Broncos' backfield jumble - NBC Sports
Bleacher Report 9:13 AM
The Play the Denver Broncos Rely on That the Kansas City Chiefs Can't Stop
Bleacher Report 9:13 AM
The Play the Denver Broncos Rely on That the Kansas City Chiefs Can't Stop
NBC Sports11:15 AM
Weekend Preview: Can Chiefs bounce back in Week 13?
NBC Sports11:15 AM
Weekend Preview: Can Chiefs bounce back in Week 13?