Denver 's Tough & "NEW" Fireworks Complaint Hotline

Jul 3, 2007 Full story: www.myfoxcolorado.com 14

This year the city of Denver has launched a campaign against illegal fireworks, complete with a complaint hotline - 720-913-2000.

Anyone caught setting them off can be sentenced to a year in jail and fined more than $900.

Read full story via Myfoxcolorado.com

Full Story
mac

Swarthmore, PA

#1 Jul 4, 2007
This is crap. Don't call the number. Don't snitch on your neighbor. Let people have childish fun one day out of the year.
Dani

Denver, CO

#2 Jul 4, 2007
Have you ever been here, Mac? Do you know the kind of danger these people enjoying "childish fun" put the rest of us in? With a dry environment such as ours, it is selfish - not childish - to set off uncontrolled fireworks. Maybe they should think about being good neighbors. Oh, and it goes for at least a week, not just one day.
Tre

Broomfield, CO

#3 Jul 4, 2007
Freedom! We American's need freedom to celebrate our nation! It is sad when we have no freedom to celebrate what made this country great....FREEDOM. If parents would be PARENTS and watch their kids, we wouldnt have the problems we do. The problem is that people here in denver dont want to raise their kids, but let the police do it for them.
mac

Swarthmore, PA

#4 Jul 4, 2007
Yeh. I've been here for almost 10 years. Tre, you hit the nail on the head. Kudos.

I hear fireworks right now and I'm certain they aren't coming from a professional display. Why not snitch? Using the force of government against my neighbors will only result in that same force being used on me. Perhaps my license plates will expire or maybe someone will notice the lead based paint on my mailbox and report my crimes. Sounds like East Berlin to me, comrade.

I see this as a perfect opportunity to go out and meet my neighbors and help them celebrate.
Monique

Denver, CO

#5 Jul 3, 2008
Mac, the day you wrote that on July 4th 2007, a neighbor's home burned down due to fireworks and several other homes were damaged. He had just finished remodeling (himself) only a few weeks before. I live in the Highland neighborhood and I'm sure you read about it in the Post.

Snitching? Yes, PLEASE snitch if someone is setting off a bottle rocket near my or anyone else's house.

“It's pronounced DAG-uth.”

Since: Jun 07

Windsor, CO

#6 Jul 3, 2008
This has got to be a record. This thread is a year old and it's only got six posts.
Dade

Aurora, CO

#7 Jul 4, 2012
mac wrote:
This is crap. Don't call the number. Don't snitch on your neighbor. Let people have childish fun one day out of the year.
Mac, my neighbors "childish fun" just caught my yard on fire. If we hadn't of been right there with the hose we could have lost our home.
Jimmy

Parker, CO

#8 Jul 4, 2012
mac wrote:
My neighbor just lit my lawn on fire and didn't even know it. Thank God it was put out quickly, "childish fun" or adult selfishness? I would rather be a snitch with a home instead of a homeless fire victim.

Level 2

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#9 Jul 4, 2012
Aggravated Americanism is a crime now?
Vote Right!
Vote White!
Vote for Gary Johnson or Mitt Romney.

Level 8

Since: Sep 08

#10 Jul 5, 2012
Dagoth wrote:
This has got to be a record. This thread is a year old and it's only got six posts.
Gloop.
Knock off purse seller

Englewood, CO

#11 Jul 15, 2012
The Gloop wrote:
<quoted text>Gloop.
That's my opinion too.
Stephanie

United States

#12 Jul 4, 2014
I called 4 hours ago and fold them that my neighborhood was basically a war zone with illegal fireworks. NPrying has been done. Was on hold twice when I called back for more than 10 minutes. The dispatch was very nice but basically I feel like he give a shit factor simply doesn't exist. So much for their campaign against illegal fireworks and any sort of resources dedicated to that. I only have dogs that are freaking out. What about my neighbor with Post traumatic stress disorder? He can't even function. And ihas pretty much been in the fetal position for hours now. So much for being patriotic and supporting our veterans that fought for our freedom. I am thinking that blowing shit up is not a good way to show that we are patriotic Americans. The city of Denver has failed miserably in their so called effort to enforce the illegal fireworks ban
Stephanie

United States

#13 Jul 4, 2014
I also wanted to say that their "hotline" is the same number that all other non emergencies goes to so expect to be on hold for at least 10 minutes. By no definition is this a " hotline"
Hoss

Aurora, CO

#14 Jul 5, 2014
SE Denver was the Tet Offensive '68 in Viet Nam. The SE Denver District HQ is 25 & University.....miles away from the Viet Cong M-80's last night.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Denver Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Colo. gay discrimination alleged over wedding cake (Jun '13) 2 hr In Your Opinion 8,043
Republicans the party of LIARS (Dec '11) 4 hr LOL 15,046
Man takes legal action after Denver baker refus... 5 hr DebraE 277
~:Any Word:~ (Sep '13) 7 hr mossy seaman 40
Review: Dave Locks N Keys Sat ConradKayson41 15
Students hack into school system, change grades (Apr '07) Fri senior 623
Gay/Bi teens in/near Denver, Colorado Jan 22 hutuokboy 33
Denver Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Denver People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 8:52 pm PST

NBC Sports 8:52PM
Report: Texans D-line coach Bill Kollar to join Gary Kubiak in Denver
NBC Sports 3:16 AM
Report: Broncos reach out to Wade Phillips with defensive coordinator needed
NBC Sports 4:09 AM
Bears add two more assistants
Bleacher Report 6:03 AM
Is Balance of Power Shifting in AFC West?
Bleacher Report 7:42 AM
Kubiak the Right Coach, with or Without Peyton