Fire chief accused of playing golf during work

Full story: KUSA Denver 16
" The city has decided to place its fire chief on paid administrative leave while it investigates ethical violations. Full Story
rpp

Boulder, CO

#1 Apr 26, 2007
good call(sarcastic)...punish him to time off so he can play more golf on tax dollars!!
steve

Golden, CO

#2 Apr 26, 2007
Well at least he wasn't sleeping on the job!!!!!!!!!!
Annoyed

Broomfield, CO

#3 Apr 26, 2007
Yeah.....let's give him PAID leave for having an affair and playing golf on the clock. Now he can STILL play golf and get paid for it.....I want that job
Matt

Denver, CO

#4 Apr 26, 2007
Give it to the City of Aurora to make a stupid decision like this. He's in trouble for wasting tax payers money playing golf on the clock so what do they do about it? The same damn thing the chief was doing, getting paid to do nothing for the city!!

Since: Apr 07

Castle Rock, CO

#5 Apr 26, 2007
My guess is that he probably doesn't get paid by the hour, so what's the big deal. Fires don't only occur during the day. Screw the city.

IRAQ...Level it or Leave it.
Don't feed the aliens.
tech

AOL

#6 Apr 26, 2007
I bet he isn't the only one in a salaried seat of public office that "knows" how to milk the system. I bet his accuser is the same way.
Is it Hot in Here

AOL

#7 Apr 26, 2007
I think it's great!
These Public Servants need to be held to a Higher Standard.
Nothing like the Fire Chief on the HOT SEAT!
However, 9 News dropped the ball by not reporting weather the Chief is married, and weather the women involved was married.
Flame

Greeley, CO

#8 Apr 26, 2007
Isn't he alowed to get exercise? Sounds like the best way to stay in shape to me.
eeg

Denver, CO

#10 Apr 26, 2007
Why is having an affair any of the city's business? The playing golf on work time, yeah, that's a problem, but an affair? That's personal.
dave

Englewood, CO

#11 Apr 27, 2007
What do you call 50 Aurora government employees chained to the bottom of the Aurora reservior?.......a good start!
Dave

Englewood, CO

#12 Apr 27, 2007
Last week it was a thug of a councilwomen assaulting someone. Now this fire chief. Hey Mayor Tauer how about cleaning up Aurora's government!!....I know you are busy playing golf too
joey

Englewood, CO

#13 Apr 27, 2007
Auroa has a thug of a councilwomen(Last weeks assault story) and a cheating Fire Chief. Sounds typical for the city of Aurora. I bet Mayor Tauer was driving the golf cart.....
Lol

Denver, CO

#14 Apr 27, 2007
Hmmmm. Tax dollars hard at work again!!!
Are you kidding me

Charlotte, NC

#15 Apr 27, 2007
I can't believe that they are actually looking into this. Workers waste time everyday surfing the net, taking long lunches, personal calls, arriving and leaving early from work. Obviously the individuals who reported him have WAY to much time on their hands.
John

Saratoga, WY

#16 Apr 27, 2007
Life goes on if he did play golf on duty give him a couple days off with out pay and let him get back to work. As far as the affair goes if it happened while he was off duty thats his business. He will have to answer to himself and will pay more then any of us will know.
Equal Disclosure

United States

#17 Apr 27, 2007
Why hasn't there been a picture published of the woman involved? I'd like to see what she looks like, considering the chief is such a catch.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Denver Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Republicans the party of LIARS (Dec '11) 5 hr KarlVIIIII 12,547
Colo. gay discrimination alleged over wedding cake (Jun '13) 8 hr Terra Firma 3,307
Nude photos of 12-year-old girl circulated via ... (Feb '10) Fri Eaddae 305
9news: USGS: Oil, gas at fault for Colo. earth... Fri Bev Jamison 1
ISSL - Bushes legacy. What is the lure? Fri Bev Jamison 2
Denver Dispatch'Awesome' Michelle Obama Thrills... Fri disgruntled reader 1
Play the "end of the word" game (Jul '11) Sep 17 sss 4,216
•••
•••
Denver Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Denver Jobs