Unemployment rate drops to 7.8%
You can call me Dick

United States

#42 Oct 7, 2012
I didn't think you would be able to show any proof that I provided any disinformation, I simply showed the difference in 7.8 % in 14.2%. The BLS provides both numbers, both are based on unemployment. Understanding what data is used to arrive at each number is critical to understanding the percentage. If you only want to accept number as your burdon of proof without knowing how the number was derived go for it.

I wish good and positive things up on you too!

Cathouse Mouse

Since: Aug 10

Cathouse Mouse

#43 Oct 7, 2012
You can call me Dick wrote:
I didn't think you would be able to show any proof that I provided any disinformation, I simply showed the difference in 7.8 % in 14.2%. The BLS provides both numbers, both are based on unemployment. Understanding what data is used to arrive at each number is critical to understanding the percentage. If you only want to accept number as your burdon of proof without knowing how the number was derived go for it.
I wish good and positive things up on you too!
and this is a number that has just been born into this system?

What was the U-6 unemployment number when W walked out of office?

January 2009 - 14.2%

http://portalseven.com/employment/unemploymen...

Using your own definition of unemployment percentages that has been in place forever and has always shown higher unemployment then the unemployment in this country had reached nearly 18.% thanks to GW.

You can't use the U-3 nymber to define unemployment when W was President and then use the U-6 number for this month.

Regardless of which number you use, unemployment rose sharply beginning in 2007, peaked at the end of 2010, and has dropped steadily for the past 2 years.

BTW- I still blame Bush regardless of the righties saying, "it's been 4 years", because 4 years doesn't change history, and history will always show that this Worldwide recession falls directly in GW's lap.

Enjoy your Sunday.

“The (R)ich Party Lies!”

Since: Jan 10

Location hidden

#44 Oct 7, 2012
The right wing media has been happy to report the U3 numbers for a long time when it showed bad news for America.

Now that it shows good news for America they want to drag out the U6 numbers..

The right wingers won't stop until they are happy that America is failing just for the political gain of the Republican Party. Traitors!

I see are pissed off folks on Fox News and their parrots here repeating the party line like good little communists. While the rest of America seem to be happy the unemployment rate is decreasing.

Lets hope the unemployment rate continues to decrease next month too.

I know you right wingers want it to increase, why?

“Already Occupied”

Level 3

Since: Nov 11

Denver, CO

#45 Oct 7, 2012
It wont matter either way. Its 4 years too late.And the numbers arent real..

“Uzi Does It”

Level 3

Since: Nov 08

UZILAND

#46 Oct 7, 2012
District9 wrote:
Bad news for the Republicans.
They hoped things would continue to get worse just so their party could benefit from it.
It's not bad news, it's just news that less people are filing for or are eligible for unemployment, the true unemployment rate is probably closer to 16-17 percent.

Cathouse Mouse

Cathouse Mouse

#47 Oct 7, 2012
In less than 50 comments on this page the "estimated" numbers of righties has been all over the place.

"Dick" says 14%.

"Richard" says 16-17%.

Willard says 11%.

Perhaps that's why we have an Institution that we have always depended on to give us the correct number. It's the same Institution that we've always used, the Bureau of Labor Statistics.

Why? Because we have absolutely no reason to doubt the integrity of the Institution and the system it has in place and the BLS is a highly nonpartisan operation, existing since 1884.

The last time there was any discrepancy involving the integrity of the Bureau of Labor Statistics was in 2008 when a monthly jobs report was accidentally released 25 seconds ahead of time.

There was an extensive investigation into the matter that led to even more security measures for this Institution.

How secure is it?

Economists are put on an eight-day security lockdown in advance of the report, signing confidentiality agreements every morning. The computers they use feature heavy encryption, and data is placed in a safe even for bathroom breaks. The Wednesday before the release, the CPS data comes in, followed by the CES data a few days after.
On the day before the release, three copies of the report and a CD-ROM are placed in a safe and taken to downtown Washington from the secure location where they were prepared, and presented to the few White House officials who have permission for a sneak peek at the numbers. Journalists are given access to the information 30 minutes before release but have to connect to a secure network that prevents them from sending out the data ahead of its official release.

BUT!!!

Righties see a conspiracy here.
You can call me Dick

Oak Brook, IL

#48 Oct 7, 2012
Cathouse,

I did not say 14% were my numbers I only pointed out the difference in U-3, and U-6 reports. You need to get your facts straight. I believe a better indicator of employment gains or loss is the points difference between the U-3 and U-6 report. The numbers are just numbers unless you understand the data the numbers are derived from.

Just for the record I may in the future , and most likely in the past vote the same as you but never for the same reason as you!

“Truth, Justice”

Since: Jun 12

And the American Way

#49 Oct 7, 2012
Cathouse Mouse wrote:
In less than 50 comments on this page the "estimated" numbers of righties has been all over the place.
"Dick" says 14%.
"Richard" says 16-17%.
Willard says 11%.
Perhaps that's why we have an Institution that we have always depended on to give us the correct number. It's the same Institution that we've always used, the Bureau of Labor Statistics.
Why? Because we have absolutely no reason to doubt the integrity of the Institution and the system it has in place and the BLS is a highly nonpartisan operation, existing since 1884.
The last time there was any discrepancy involving the integrity of the Bureau of Labor Statistics was in 2008 when a monthly jobs report was accidentally released 25 seconds ahead of time.
There was an extensive investigation into the matter that led to even more security measures for this Institution.
How secure is it?
Economists are put on an eight-day security lockdown in advance of the report, signing confidentiality agreements every morning. The computers they use feature heavy encryption, and data is placed in a safe even for bathroom breaks. The Wednesday before the release, the CPS data comes in, followed by the CES data a few days after.
On the day before the release, three copies of the report and a CD-ROM are placed in a safe and taken to downtown Washington from the secure location where they were prepared, and presented to the few White House officials who have permission for a sneak peek at the numbers. Journalists are given access to the information 30 minutes before release but have to connect to a secure network that prevents them from sending out the data ahead of its official release.
BUT!!!
Righties see a conspiracy here.
So then you're good with these numbers then ?

Reply ยป
|

Rasmussen Poll: Romney ahead 49-47 percent in first, full post-debate survey

Published October 07, 2012

Mitt Romney has the support of 49 percent of voters nationwide, compared to 47 percent for President Obama, according to a Rasmussen poll based entirely on interviews conducted after the first presidential debate Wednesday.

Two percent of those surveyed prefer some other candidate and 2 percent are undecided, according to the first daily presidential tracking poll for Sunday.

The results are based on nightly interviews and reported on a three-day rolling average basis. The numbers show a modest bounce for Romney following his strong performance in the debate with President Obama.

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2012/10/07/ra ...

Did you know they found 2,,,not one but 2,,people working in the labor stats office now suspected in Skewing the numbers and have been found to be large contributors to obamas campaign..Yep..Somethings fishy in the white house.

Im sure obama will try every thing he can..Ill bet he will even come up with women that will say they had Romneys baby..lol..but the baby ran away so thay cant really prove it.

Cathouse Mouse

Cathouse Mouse

#50 Oct 7, 2012
Cathouse,
I did not say 14% were my numbers I only pointed out the difference in U-3, and U-6 reports. You need to get your facts straight. I believe a better indicator of employment gains or loss is the points difference between the U-3 and U-6 report. The numbers are just numbers unless you understand the data the numbers are derived from.
Just for the record I may in the future , and most likely in the past vote the same as you but never for the same reason as you!
No, you tried to slide the U-6 number in as a tool to distract. It was actaully me who pointed out the difference and added the fact that these nubers were relatively the same during almost every Presidency.

And, I believe the better indicator is seen by attending a movie, or shopping at the mall, or seeing sports stadiums full, because they are all robust economic measures because poeple are spending money again.

How's you Christmas looking this year comapred to 4 years ago?

I assure you, I know how to read data.(hahaha that's an isnside joke)... You can throw all the manipulated numbers and hypothesis around all day but the bottom line is, if people feel like it's getting better, then it's getting better and that's all that matters to them when they walk into that voters booth.

“The (R)ich Party Lies!”

Location hidden

#51 Oct 7, 2012
Denver Resident wrote:
It wont matter either way. Its 4 years too late.And the numbers arent real..
Mitt doesn't have a problem with the numbers.

“The (R)ich Party Lies!”

Location hidden

#52 Oct 7, 2012
Richard_ wrote:
<quoted text>It's not bad news, it's just news that less people are filing for or are eligible for unemployment, the true unemployment rate is probably closer to 16-17 percent.
Another bogus claim.

“The (R)ich Party Lies!”

Location hidden

#53 Oct 7, 2012
Righty Mouse wrote:
<quoted text>Did you know they found 2,,,not one but 2,,people working in the labor stats office now suspected in Skewing the numbers and have been found to be large contributors to obamas campaign..Yep..Somethings fishy in the white house.
Got a link for that?..lol.

“Truth, Justice”

And the American Way

#54 Oct 7, 2012
Cathouse Mouse wrote:
<quoted text>
No, you tried to slide the U-6 number in as a tool to distract. It was actaully me who pointed out the difference and added the fact that these nubers were relatively the same during almost every Presidency.
And, I believe the better indicator is seen by attending a movie, or shopping at the mall, or seeing sports stadiums full, because they are all robust economic measures because poeple are spending money again.
I assure you, I know how to read data.(hahaha that's an isnside joke)... You can throw all the manipulated numbers and hypothesis around all day but the bottom line is, if people feel like it's getting better, then it's getting better and that's all that matters to them when they walk into that voters booth.
Speaking of reading Data" [lol,thats an inside joke] Did you know it was the actual labor stats that used the U6 reference to add up the fake numbers?2 people in the labor office were found to be obama contributors.And then they tossed their jobs away skewing the stats for obama. So I guess obama really did create some jobs.

And speaking of reading Data, Have you found a job yet?

“Truth, Justice”

And the American Way

#55 Oct 7, 2012
What did you two ride in the same car or something? Very suspicious.

“Truth, Justice”

And the American Way

#56 Oct 7, 2012
District9 wrote:
<quoted text>
Got a link for that?..lol.
Yes I do.lol

“The (R)ich Party Lies!”

Location hidden

#57 Oct 7, 2012
Righty Mouse wrote:
<quoted text>2 people in the labor office were found to be obama contributors.And then they tossed their jobs away skewing the stats for obama.
Got a link to that?..lol.
You can call me Dick

Chesapeake, VA

#58 Oct 7, 2012
Cathouse Mouse wrote:
<quoted text>
Distract is the best spin you can come up with? My christmas is looking the same this year as It was four years ago no CHANGE . People feel like is getting better it's getting better, that's kinda like Hope in one hand and crap in the other and see which one gets filled up the quickest.

For the record, you pointed out nothing but simply started to rant and rave about nubers. But if the movie is your yard stick, it speeks volumes.

Cathouse Mouse

Cathouse Mouse

#59 Oct 7, 2012
Righty Mouse wrote:
<quoted text>Speaking of reading Data" [lol,thats an inside joke] Did you know it was the actual labor stats that used the U6 reference to add up the fake numbers?2 people in the labor office were found to be obama contributors.And then they tossed their jobs away skewing the stats for obama. So I guess obama really did create some jobs.
And speaking of reading Data, Have you found a job yet?
So, after the security measures that I just described, it is your opinion that once the report is delivered to the White House, they just sat down with an eraser and pencil and adjusted the numbers to fit their own liking before releasing them to the media?

hahahahaha

A l l l l-righty then.

Cathouse Mouse

Cathouse Mouse

#60 Oct 7, 2012
<quoted text>
Distract is the best spin you can come up with? My christmas is looking the same this year as It was four years ago no CHANGE . People feel like is getting better it's getting better, that's kinda like Hope in one hand and crap in the other and see which one gets filled up the quickest.
For the record, you pointed out nothing but simply started to rant and rave about nubers. But if the movie is your yard stick, it speeks volumes.
Yeah, I'm told that I rant and rave a lot.

I don't see it.

“Truth, Justice”

And the American Way

#61 Oct 7, 2012
Cathouse Mouse wrote:
<quoted text>
So, after the security measures that I just described, it is your opinion that once the report is delivered to the White House, they just sat down with an eraser and pencil and adjusted the numbers to fit their own liking before releasing them to the media?
hahahahaha
A l l l l-righty then.
Nope.But if you would read the news you would know its all over the news. I didnt come up with it.Blame your team,not me.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Denver Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Republicans the party of LIARS (Dec '11) 7 min Rebecca 24,843
News Colo. gay discrimination alleged over wedding cake (Jun '13) 41 min Terra Firma 38,957
This is why we need hillary 43 min Scotty Steiner 17
last post wins! (Feb '11) 6 hr Knock off purse s... 26,155
kerry humphrey ( ex girlfriend of travis forbes ) 8 hr Poo-Bear 1
The female orgasm is it a myth? does it exist? (Nov '15) 10 hr Janet 18
Got Jesus? 14 hr Messenger 1

Denver Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Denver Mortgages