School Sex Scandal: Broomfield teache...

School Sex Scandal: Broomfield teacher Travis Masse charged with al...

There are 63 comments on the Fox 31 KDVR story from May 12, 2010, titled School Sex Scandal: Broomfield teacher Travis Masse charged with al.... In it, Fox 31 KDVR reports that:

Prosecutors have filed charges against a Broomfield High School psychology teacher and wrestling coach accused of having a sexual relationship with an underage female student.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Fox 31 KDVR.

uhh

Aurora, CO

#28 May 13, 2010
This guy need to be deported back to Poland! Trash.
uhh

Aurora, CO

#29 May 13, 2010
Beth wrote:
<quoted text>
Truth hurts Huh?
You haven't clue if this teacher is guilty or innocent but you automatically take his side.
It's men like you who "suck" and have your own axe to grind. Guilyy conscious I presume?
Another neanderthal male.
He acts this way on every board. guilty conscious is correct. The police should investigate Dept Of Hard Labor. Sounds like he is ok with child molestation.

Since: Feb 10

Twin Lakes, CO

#30 May 13, 2010
Guy Peterson wrote:
I mean at least he wasn't touching any little boys and that's the most important thing....GET SOME....look if there is grass on the field play ball i mean come on...11 year difference pshhh that aint that bad. And how is he the only one to blame? It for sure takes two to tango. Masse is the Tiger woods of Broomfield and he has won all our hearts.
The main point is that the girl was under 18, which is a crime in this country. You can argue it, but the courts don't care about that. This guy (if this really happened) should have thought about the end result.
uhh

Aurora, CO

#31 May 13, 2010
Loser is 28 yrs old girl is under 18. He will have a date his age in the form of a black male behind him once in prison.
lolzerz

Aurora, CO

#32 May 13, 2010
that little mustache makes him guilty.
HUH

Aurora, CO

#33 May 13, 2010
Guy Peterson wrote:
I mean at least he wasn't touching any little boys and that's the most important thing....GET SOME....look if there is grass on the field play ball i mean come on...11 year difference pshhh that aint that bad. And how is he the only one to blame? It for sure takes two to tango. Masse is the Tiger woods of Broomfield and he has won all our hearts.
You do NOT speak for everyone. He won your heart possibly because you like to french tickle one another. The story did not just pop up in this guys life for no apparent reason. 11 Years not too bad? I cannot believe you said that? So a 22 yr old is ok to sleep with an 11 yr old according to you? You are sick.
max303

Denver, CO

#35 May 13, 2010
uhh wrote:
<quoted text>
He acts this way on every board. guilty conscious is correct. The police should investigate Dept Of Hard Labor. Sounds like he is ok with child molestation.
and he always talks about gay sex. Yep he has issues lol
Native American

Denver, CO

#36 May 13, 2010
don't drop the soap sucker,but even if he doesn't,he'll still become somebodies pet in prison.
CubanoUno

Denver, CO

#37 May 13, 2010
This sort of thing would never happen in Tulsa!

Right snookums?
CubanoUno

Denver, CO

#38 May 13, 2010
Angel Wings wrote:
<quoted text>
And you do? Oh insightful one please enlighten us.
Must one of his wrestler jock students who wants to grow up to be like "coach"
Purrrrrrrrrrrr.......

hmm yea!!!
You give me chills!!!!!
Gods girl

Denver, CO

#39 May 13, 2010
There was a time when men and women were always chaperoned. How far can you break down protocol before you end up with this result? At least don't complain about it. Do brains ever come into play when rebelling against the rules?
BHS Parent

Redwood City, CA

#40 May 13, 2010
It always amazes me how off topic people can get. Regardless of opinion... since we all have them, here are some facts:
1) BFPD arrested Masse because they had probably cause and evidence to back up a conviction. This includes testimony and electronic evidence.
2) Regardless of age differences, 17 in CO. is still a minor and it's illegal for an adult (18 years and older) to have sex with a minor - consensual or otherwise. For repeat offenders the law prosecutes up incrementally for each offense. Masse being in a position of trust only makes it worst for him. In some states a age differences of four years is also illegal.

Now my opinion: Why anyone would act out their fantasies and compromise the hard work already accomplished, future achievements, family (he has a new born and wife) and possible jail term bewilders me. Society seems to generate more of these people every year. I'm not saying it didn't happen in other generations... but so many! Makes me very sad to think people can't control themselves or think they are above societies laws and guidelines.
wrestlingfan

Cheyenne, WY

#43 May 13, 2010
i've spent a lot of time with Masse, being his student and helping him a lot with the team for years while in school, i NEVER felt uncomfortable or in an awkward postition. so the guy made an oops look at all the oops other people have done that are A LOT worse and they get away with it...Masse is an awesome guy, who did the wrong thing, give him a little credit for all the good stuff he does, all people do now is focus on the negative, check out all his positives, think of his family while you say all the mean things you do, they are suffering as well.
Pendijo

Chesterfield, MO

#44 May 13, 2010
Maybe a little understanding for this guy.I bet hes not a bad guy,hes just a guy that strayed a little...Now is the Time for him to seek out help from Jesus...
A religious man is a person who holds God and man in one thought at one time, at all times, who suffers harm done to others, whose greatest passion is compassion, whose greatest strength is love and defiance of despair.
Time to Forgive is Now...Forgiveness ... is a willingness to get over what you think should have happened and an acceptance of the reality of what actually happened.
Their errors have been weighed and found to have been dust in the balance; if their sins were as scarlet, they are now white as snow: they have been washed in the blood of the mediator and the redeemer, Time.
So sad is a man who has never learned to forgive.!!
Disappointed in Pueblo

Colorado Springs, CO

#45 May 13, 2010
I am sure he has done many great things as a teacher and coach. Too bad he will never be able to teach or coach again because of his actions. Even if you forget the fact that she was underage, and a student....he is married and has a baby! Shame shame shame on him! He has caused so much grief and embarassment for his family. I hope it was worth never being able to teach or coach again, and being labeled a registered sex offender the rest of his sad life.
student

Denver, CO

#46 May 13, 2010
I am a student at broomfield. a current senior. Mr. Masse was a notorious flirt...iv seen girls sit on his lap in class. none of this is a shock to anyone at school. but honestly the girls should not be pitied. I mean yes what he did was wrong....but the relations were not forced by any means. many girls thought masse was hot iv watched how they act around him. Both parties are at fault. The truly sad part about this is that his Wife who is a math teacher at broomfield (im not sure they are still together and this time) and he has a one year old son...thats who its sad for.
department of hard labor

Denver, CO

#47 May 13, 2010
uhh wrote:
<quoted text>
ICE should investigate you.

You illegals talk so much trash on the computer.

ANCHORS AWAY, AMIGO!!!
Sammy

Westminster, CO

#48 May 13, 2010
I attendend broomfield high school and am a senior. All the studetns knew about this way back freshmen year. I dated a wrestler and he told me how masse would bring different women back to the hotel rooms when they were out of state, and brag about haveing sex with them. He also was mad when he found out his wife was pregnant, and told many of the wrestlers he was mad about it. There are other teachers at the school who have for sure had sex with students but have not been caught. Masse would encourage guys to have sex with girls and hit on a lot of the girls there. Broomfield has covered for teachers before and if it wasnt for the mother coming forward for her daughter he would still be working with us.
Rolling on mat with man

Denver, CO

#49 May 13, 2010
Wrestlingfan,
Think forward to the future. Your 16 year old daughter is in high school, and her math teacher, who is a great teacher and does lots of great things for the school, weasles his way into her pants and has his way with her. Tell me how great you think her teacher would be after that.
Dissapointed

Glendale, AZ

#50 May 13, 2010
All i can say is... WOW!! What in idiot!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Denver Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Colo. gay discrimination alleged over wedding cake (Jun '13) 2 hr Lohan 38,912
Republicans the party of LIARS (Dec '11) 4 hr tbird19482 24,799
The female orgasm is it a myth? does it exist? (Nov '15) 4 hr Debbie 17
News Old evidence at new trial (May '06) 4 hr suzie 1,129
last post wins! (Feb '11) 11 hr Knock off purse s... 26,149
News Dealership shut down; customers caught in the m... (Jul '07) 11 hr Subbadah 65
This is why we need hillary Mon Knock off purse s... 10

Denver Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Denver Mortgages