Shoppers surprised to find no one working

Full story: KUSA Denver 75
" Police say some shoppers at the Dollar Tree called police Monday evening after discovering there were not any employees in the store. Full Story
wa wa

Berthoud, CO

#66 Sep 4, 2007
wa wa wa...things arn't what they used to be...bo bo booooo....wa wa wa ......
Uncle Lumpy

Lake Hiawatha, NJ

#68 Sep 4, 2007
Thank you, Lisa. I concur.
Always the card, and you're guaranteed an anti-immigration rant on a story about Agnes' prize-winning posies too, guaranteed.
Whatta bunch!
Lisa wrote:
<quoted text>Why do people always turn to race!Can we comment on the subject and keep race out of it.
GSXR Chick

United States

#69 Sep 4, 2007
GMAN wrote:
For what it's worth, I've had relatives who lived in Aurora once... back in the late 80's. They got out when they were robbed and moved to Ken Caryl and have lived there ever since without the fear that they would be robbed again.
I've got business associates who once lived in Aurora... one of them was the victim of a murder. His family moved out to Fort Collins to get away from the violence.
I've got other business associates who have moved their businesses out of Aurora because of robberies and other incidents that convinced them it was not the place to run a business.
It's sad, but most of Aurora is a indeed a ghetto haven. Everyone who lives in the Denver metro area knows that this is one of the areas to avoid. Facts are facts...
<quoted text>
I have lived in Aurora for almost 15 years, never been robbed, neither have any of my neighbors, never had any of my neighbors been a victim of murder, domestic violence, etc. I have always felt safe where I have lived, and I have lived all over Aurora...so I am guessing your family/friends lived or own businesses are in the 80011 and 80012 zips? That is NORTH Aurora, closest to Denver where most of the crime happens.

Since: May 07

United States

#70 Sep 4, 2007
Lisa wrote:
<quoted text>Why do people always turn to race!Can we comment on the subject and keep race out of it.
They can't. They wouldn't be able to address any subject brought up on these forums because it is the only thing they know. What makes it worst is that they are "subject matter experts" on a flawed, obsolete philosophy.

Wellington Colorado

#71 Sep 4, 2007
GMAN wrote:
That only applies south of 120th Avenue where the real estate values are much lower and the homes are older... places north and east of 120th and Washington are a lot more respectable. The area called Hunters Glenn and east of there is very nice all the way to Holly and just east of Holly and around Horizon High School. Lots of new homes up there, many selling in the high $200's to mid $300's. The average household income level is around $80,000,(I know this because I own a small business in that area and have done some market research). Thornton has some very diverse communities just like any other large suburban city. Look at Aurora, for example. Most of that area is crap, but there are exceptions such as Chenango (sp). The people who live there are very affluent and homes sell for a million and up.
<quoted text>
I guess my only question is, how the heck can a household of $80K afford a $300K home?????

Guess that's why all the foreclosures.

Chandler, AZ

#73 Sep 4, 2007
John M wrote:
Stupid democrats! They can't lock a door, they can't read a sign.
Deport 'em.
Do people who work at Dollar Tree even bother to vote?

Since: Aug 07

Greeley, CO

#74 Sep 4, 2007
GMAN wrote:
That only applies south of 120th Avenue where the real estate values are much lower and the homes are older... places north and east of 120th and Washington are a lot more respectable. The area called Hunters Glenn and east of there is very nice all the way to Holly and just east of Holly and around Horizon High School. Lots of new homes up there, many selling in the high $200's to mid $300's. The average household income level is around $80,000,(I know this because I own a small business in that area and have done some market research). Thornton has some very diverse communities just like any other large suburban city. <quoted text>
Thank you for your post. We live in Signal Creek and find it very nice here.
Little ole me

United States

#75 Sep 4, 2007
Attention shop lifters we have a Green light special on aisle 9! WOW the crooks took a holiday! Wonder if they belong to a union?(NACT) As it was a union holiday (Since I am a nonunion employee working for a nonunion company I had to work)
Little ole me

United States

#76 Sep 4, 2007
John M wrote:
Stupid democrats! They can't lock a door, they can't read a sign.
Deport 'em.
So when are you leaving because you did not read the story! It was a MALFUNCTIONING lock! Also they said the music was still on like any other day! You need to go back and reread the story!
Yow

Longmont, CO

#77 Sep 4, 2007
Kudo's to the honest folks in Northglenn. Colorado is beautiful with it's wide open spaces and the mountains. If anyone can point out a single place in the USA that is free of crime or prejudice call The Enquirer right away, or take another look around you ... a good look. Ummm...I've walked into a store that was open for business while the sign said they were closed.
Little ole me

United States

#78 Sep 4, 2007
This could happen any where. I have work security patrol for a number of years. I have found doors open to offices, storage areas for doctors with drugs open, and I have even found a car lot office open with all the keys up on the board nice and labeled! I could have had a new car if I had wanted! 90% of security work is catching such things. I have even almost been hit in the head by a magnetic lock falling from a door frame! Equipment does malfunction and so does human error!
Its Automatic

Milliken, CO

#79 Sep 4, 2007
All Locks and Lights are on a scheduled timer that someone neglected to put the holiday date in so the system unlocked the doors and turned on the lights automatically as normal...you'd be surprised at how many office buildings go unlocked on holidays due to this!!
Scott

Littleton, CO

#80 Sep 5, 2007
Little ole me wrote:
<quoted text>So when are you leaving because you did not read the story! It was a MALFUNCTIONING lock! Also they said the music was still on like any other day! You need to go back and reread the story!
I may be wrong but I think the point was that the employees failed to do their job by securing the building. Not many would like it if they entrusted their property to someone who merely walked away from it-leaving the lights and music on and not locking up. Or if they could not do so to contact a manager and wait for them to protect the property-in short doing their job responsibly.
GSXR Chick

United States

#81 Sep 5, 2007
mcavs wrote:
<quoted text>
I guess my only question is, how the heck can a household of $80K afford a $300K home?????
Guess that's why all the foreclosures.
Good one, I was wondering that myself...well unless they have no other bills.
Johnny Rotten

Denver, CO

#82 Sep 5, 2007
GMAN wrote:
No... it's mostly crap with few exceptions.
It's been that way for years.
<quoted text>
Typical nonsense coming from Littleton.

Since: Jul 07

AOL

#83 Sep 5, 2007
GMAN wrote:
For what it's worth, I've had relatives who lived in Aurora once... back in the late 80's. They got out when they were robbed and moved to Ken Caryl and have lived there ever since without the fear that they would be robbed again. I've got business associates who once lived in Aurora... one of them was the victim of a murder. His family moved out to Fort Collins to get away from the violence. I've got other business associates who have moved their businesses out of Aurora because of robberies and other incidents that convinced them it was not the place to run a business. It's sad, but most of Aurora is a indeed a ghetto haven. Everyone who lives in the Denver metro area knows that this is one of the areas to avoid. Facts are facts...<quoted text>
For what it is worth, I have lived in Aurora for over 40 yrs and have never been robbed.
I have known plenty of people in Aurora in that 40+ yrs and none of them have been murdered.
I ran a business in Aurora for 6 yrs quite succesfully.
Aurora is no better or worse than other cities and I do not live in a ghetto.
How nice that you had time to poll EVERYONE in the Denver metro to try and back up your opinion about Aurora.
Opinions are opinions....
GMAN

Omaha, NE

#84 Sep 5, 2007
Again, there are a few exceptions...
GSXR Chick wrote:
<quoted text>
I have lived in Aurora for almost 15 years, never been robbed, neither have any of my neighbors, never had any of my neighbors been a victim of murder, domestic violence, etc. I have always felt safe where I have lived, and I have lived all over Aurora...so I am guessing your family/friends lived or own businesses are in the 80011 and 80012 zips? That is NORTH Aurora, closest to Denver where most of the crime happens.
GSXR Chick

United States

#85 Sep 5, 2007
GMAN wrote:
Again, there are a few exceptions...
<quoted text>
Guess I cant argue with snotty Littleton residents, you KNOW it all.
alicia valdez

Larkspur, CO

#86 Sep 5, 2007
Creep wrote:
<quoted text>
Have you been over to West Highlands and the Berkeley Neighborhood? you're a moron for making this statement.
WOW, you talk about an absolutely beatiful area. I lived on 45 and utica until about 4 years ago. Wish I would have NEVER moved. It is really nice now.
Johnny Rotten

Denver, CO

#87 Sep 5, 2007
GSXR Chick wrote:
<quoted text>
Guess I cant argue with snotty Littleton residents, you KNOW it all.
At least our bowling alleys and quickie marts are safe right haha

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Denver Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Republicans the party of LIARS (Dec '11) 29 min You can call me Dick 14,406
last post wins! (Feb '11) 56 min NotaGoth 24,875
Colo. gay discrimination alleged over wedding cake (Jun '13) 5 hr Jonah1 6,131
drugs and dealers Fri Reyna lokita 2
Denver tar? (Aug '11) Fri Reyna lokita 6
Housewife convicted of frying husband (Mar '07) Fri DILF 69
good strip clubs? Thu mmmm 1
Denver Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web