Shoppers surprised to find no one working

Full story: KUSA Denver 75
" Police say some shoppers at the Dollar Tree called police Monday evening after discovering there were not any employees in the store. Full Story
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Since: Aug 07

Boulder, CO

#2 Sep 3, 2007
serious... it's Dollar Tree-- is someone going to wipe them out for oh say $150 bucks if they clean out the store?!?!
Hmmm

Denver, CO

#4 Sep 3, 2007
Did they have the closed sign in Spanish? I guess even the english speaking are illiterate.

Since: May 07

Chandler, AZ

#6 Sep 3, 2007
I think whoever closed the store on Sunday will have some explaining to do.

Since: Jul 07

Northglenn, CO

#8 Sep 3, 2007
First off Cowboy, it's Northglenn - two n's. Second off, go back to California with the rest of your racist kind.
rm in az

United States

#10 Sep 3, 2007
RM in AZ wrote:
I think whoever closed the store on Sunday will have some explaining to do.
who cares what you think
funny in a sad way

Vail, CO

#11 Sep 3, 2007
a dollar store free for all? how funny ... is it all on tape?

Denver, CO.

#12 Sep 3, 2007
LOL...

People are such Comsumer Sheep...
SHEEPLE!

Denver, CO.

#13 Sep 3, 2007
Consumer* even...
THE END

Denver, CO

#14 Sep 4, 2007
Man, I hate zombies.
Mark

Rancho Cucamonga, CA

#15 Sep 4, 2007
Nice to see thieves took Labor Day off. I wonder if people would have been so honest if it was a higher end store.
BRAT

Nashville, TN

#20 Sep 4, 2007
how retarted are these people that they didn't even notice a closed for the holiday sign.
Tracy

Loveland, CO

#23 Sep 4, 2007
I have been in that store and even if it was open I still couldn't find employees working.
dom

United States

#26 Sep 4, 2007
That is so funny, just to imagine people shopping with no employees there and no idea that the store was closed.....didn't they have any alarms ringing? And yes, it is awesome that nothing came up missing, good thing only honest people were there shopping.....
GMAN

Omaha, NE

#27 Sep 4, 2007
It's a good thing that there are respectable people living in that area. If this were in Aurora or Capitol Hill... forget about it!
Just my thoughts

Littleton, CO

#28 Sep 4, 2007
This is a new concept, brought to you by the dollar tree, all self service come in, shop, ring yourself up and leave your checks credit card number or correct change. and leave it was a test to see how honest the people were. The closed sigh was just a test to see how many could read.
sasha

United States

#30 Sep 4, 2007
omg thats so sad
GMAN

Omaha, NE

#31 Sep 4, 2007
That only applies south of 120th Avenue where the real estate values are much lower and the homes are older... places north and east of 120th and Washington are a lot more respectable. The area called Hunters Glenn and east of there is very nice all the way to Holly and just east of Holly and around Horizon High School. Lots of new homes up there, many selling in the high $200's to mid $300's. The average household income level is around $80,000,(I know this because I own a small business in that area and have done some market research). Thornton has some very diverse communities just like any other large suburban city. Look at Aurora, for example. Most of that area is crap, but there are exceptions such as Chenango (sp). The people who live there are very affluent and homes sell for a million and up.
TLC wrote:
<quoted text>Agreed, it used to be such a nice area. So was Lakewood. The invasion is spreading through Colorado just like the plague!
Lakewood

Denver, CO

#38 Sep 4, 2007
TLC wrote:
<quoted text>Agreed, it used to be such a nice area. So was Lakewood. The invasion is spreading through Colorado just like the plague!
I remember when Federal was the border. Anything west of Federal was an OK neighborhood. This was about 10 years ago. Eventually everything between Federal & Sheridan was swallowed up, and now, sadly most of everything between Sheridan & Wadsworth is becoming filled with illegal immigrants.

Used to live over by 10th & Sheridan, it's a horrible area now. Didn't used to be.
Scott

Littleton, CO

#40 Sep 4, 2007
At the risk of having my dead mother denigrated by RM in AZ I have to agree with the poster who commented that whomever closed the store on Sunday will need to explain. It seems to me that securing the store, or notifying a manager if that is impossible, is a basic responsibility of the closing staff. If I were managing that store I would be reviewing applications today. Luckily it appears that there are/were some honest people around that day. Kudos to the honest people.
grannie panties

Redwood City, CA

#41 Sep 4, 2007
BRAT wrote:
how retarted are these people that they didn't even notice a closed for the holiday sign.
Only the retarded say retarted.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Denver Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Colo. gay discrimination alleged over wedding cake (Jun '13) 36 min Reverend Alan 16,276
last post wins! (Feb '11) 6 hr Winner 25,075
106.7 kbpi is the worst morning show ever! 8 hr Eat me you low life 537
Republicans the party of LIARS (Dec '11) 12 hr GOP 16,402
Students hack into school system, change grades (Apr '07) 13 hr Awssome 624
annette marion delusions "marry off world alien... 21 hr PSYCO ANNETTE 1
Denver police fatally shoot teen girl suspect; ... Thu Sneaky Pete 8
Denver Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Denver People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 9:16 pm PST

Bleacher Report 9:16PM
How Peyton, Pay Cut Can Help DEN Win Super Bowl
NBC Sports 1:59 AM
One more year should get Peyton the passing yardage record
NBC Sports 3:37 AM
Former Broncos tight end says NFL should lift marijuana ban
Bleacher Report 4:00 AM
Should the Denver Broncos Make a Run at DT Vince Wilfork?
Bleacher Report 4:49 AM
Pre-Free Agency Salary Cap Update for Chiefs