Colorado makes $3.5M in pot revenue in January

Mar 10, 2014 Full story: WKYC-TV Cleveland 19

Colorado collected more than $3.5 million in taxes and fees from both recreational and medical marijuana in January, according to figures released today by the state's Department of Revenue.

Full Story

“Groooovin'”

Since: Feb 14

Location hidden

#1 Mar 10, 2014
WELL, They Had To Brew up some SALES TAX Somewhere!!

The Wildfires of past years DESTROYED Complete Neighborhoods, this leaving barren ground.

The Flooding that incurred due to these fires that Scarred the mountainsides....Created FEAR, LOSS Of Life, WASHED away homes and NO Tourism Dollars!!

There's ONLY so many Tickets COPS can write..!!!
ThomasA

Birmingham, AL

#2 Mar 13, 2014
Petal Power wrote:
WELL, They Had To Brew up some SALES TAX Somewhere!!
The Wildfires of past years DESTROYED Complete Neighborhoods, this leaving barren ground.
The Flooding that incurred due to these fires that Scarred the mountainsides....Created FEAR, LOSS Of Life, WASHED away homes and NO Tourism Dollars!!
There's ONLY so many Tickets COPS can write..!!!
The $3.5 million is good BUT on the evening news this week, there was an brief news bit about the millions being spent on those who insist on operating outside the state set legal limits and restrictions. Even though it's legal to smoke now, it's still not legal to drive and the police will continue to go after those for DUI. The defiant stoners will create bad publicity and make it hard on those who stay in line.
dracul

Denver, CO

#3 Mar 16, 2014
I note with extreme distaste and utter contempt the lines around blocks where these dope dens are raking in wheel barrows of cash by the hour from the zoned out potheads. Likewise, the stepped up gun shows...now quite frequent... draw hordes of paranoid Neanderthals champing at the bit for the latest machine guns and heavy weaponry. Polemics. Stoners with AK's. In Carlin's words: you are all diseased. Wonderland. Three more months and we'll be putting this festering quagmire in the rear view mirror at last. Can't come soon enough....

“Groooovin'”

Since: Feb 14

Location hidden

#4 Mar 17, 2014
THAT was for January..!!!

WHAT about in the Summer Months??

Vacation or Pot??

Dilemmas...????
Glo Bull Warming LOL

Grass Valley, CA

#5 Mar 17, 2014
I just can't understand why there are people out there who pay these exorbitant prices and taxes on something that any idiot with a pot seed can grow anywhere from the South Pole to the North Pole?
Are you all, stoned, or stupid???

P.S.
I will bet that these tax revenues will go way down after this summer.
Either that, or you Coloradans are stoned and stupid!
ThomasA

Birmingham, AL

#6 Mar 17, 2014
dracul wrote:
I note with extreme distaste and utter contempt the lines around blocks where these dope dens are raking in wheel barrows of cash by the hour from the zoned out potheads. Likewise, the stepped up gun shows...now quite frequent... draw hordes of paranoid Neanderthals champing at the bit for the latest machine guns and heavy weaponry. Polemics. Stoners with AK's. In Carlin's words: you are all diseased. Wonderland. Three more months and we'll be putting this festering quagmire in the rear view mirror at last. Can't come soon enough....
All those people in areas around the shops are NOT users. The undercover law enforcement folks are taking stock of who, what, when, and where for later use.
Zebo

Milan, TN

#7 Mar 22, 2014
ThomasA wrote:
<quoted text> All those people in areas around the shops are NOT users. The undercover law enforcement folks are taking stock of who, what, when, and where for later use.
From drug tester to DEA agent. Did you get a promotion?
Zebo

Milan, TN

#8 Mar 22, 2014
ThomasA wrote:
<quoted text> All those people in areas around the shops are NOT users. The undercover law enforcement folks are taking stock of who, what, when, and where for later use.
I doubt that you've even been to Colorado. How do you know what's going on around those shops and where they are located?
ThomasA

Birmingham, AL

#9 Mar 23, 2014
Zebo wrote:
<quoted text>
I doubt that you've even been to Colorado. How do you know what's going on around those shops and where they are located?
You don't watch the evening news much, Huh??? They show us what's going on out there with police undercover work that we don't really need to know .
The Insider

Gardner, MA

#10 Mar 24, 2014
Colorado is one screwed up state.
Turbo

Albuquerque, NM

#11 Mar 24, 2014
Colorado is amazing. Where are you from?
ThomasA

Birmingham, AL

#12 Mar 24, 2014
Turbo wrote:
Colorado is amazing. Where are you from?
It's a beautiful state that has come up with a way to part even more of their SUCKER tourists from their money. " Yep, go ahead and smoke all you want because it's legal here.." They do forget to write you a hall pass for when you get back home where it's not legal and you get busted in a Monday morning pee test, or the " You can't take it on the airplane, so we will ship your bundle for you. Just pay us and we will make sure a drug dog can't smell it in a USPS regional sorting center" Ha haha hahahahaha. It's sad and it's hard to keep from laughing at these fools who actually buy into that crap every day and wind up with a drug team on their front door.
GBA-freedom

Saint Marys, OH

#13 Mar 26, 2014
Don't you dare smoke that tobacco, but the pot is harmless. Is that the message? They may have made $3.5 million, but is that worth the increased drop out rate in the schools? What needs to be examined here is why do you wish to smoke or use the weed. If it is to get high or feel better, then I would suggest that it should have the same restrictions as booze. The same goes for the prescription drugs.

Level 9

Since: Aug 08

.

#14 Mar 26, 2014
Turbo wrote:
Colorado is amazing. Where are you from?
No it's not.
It's an icky place, and I couldn't get out of there and home any quicker, besides I left all my pot at home.
CBD THC

United States

#16 Mar 27, 2014
dracul wrote:
I note with extreme distaste and utter contempt the lines around blocks where these dope dens are raking in wheel barrows of cash by the hour from the zoned out potheads. Likewise, the stepped up gun shows...now quite frequent... draw hordes of paranoid Neanderthals champing at the bit for the latest machine guns and heavy weaponry. Polemics. Stoners with AK's. In Carlin's words: you are all diseased. Wonderland. Three more months and we'll be putting this festering quagmire in the rear view mirror at last. Can't come soon enough....
You, like, need a bowl, dude. Seriously.
ThomasA

Birmingham, AL

#17 Mar 29, 2014
Zebo wrote:
<quoted text>
I doubt that you've even been to Colorado. How do you know what's going on around those shops and where they are located?
Go there on business and vacation. If you spent a little less on staying $%itfaced, you would have more money to travel too.
Bud Good

Cantonment, FL

#18 Mar 29, 2014
Still out there in TopixLand stirring up the populace, eh, Tommy?
ThomasA wrote:
<quoted text> Go there on business and vacation. If you spent a little less on staying $%itfaced, you would have more money to travel too.
When you coming down to the Coast again?

We could sit on the beach and have a beer.

“Groooovin'”

Since: Feb 14

Location hidden

#19 Mar 30, 2014
Think..THAT the Sales will continue to RISE??

Or ROCK STEADY???
Drifter

United States

#20 Jul 29, 2014
dracul wrote:
I note with extreme distaste and utter contempt the lines around blocks where these dope dens are raking in wheel barrows of cash by the hour from the zoned out potheads. Likewise, the stepped up gun shows...now quite frequent... draw hordes of paranoid Neanderthals champing at the bit for the latest machine guns and heavy weaponry. Polemics. Stoners with AK's. In Carlin's words: you are all diseased. Wonderland. Three more months and we'll be putting this festering quagmire in the rear view mirror at last. Can't come soon enough....

The potheads aren't the ones buying guns, you moron.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Denver Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Republicans the party of LIARS (Dec '11) 35 min Respect71 14,217
Teacher back in class after Bush-Hitler comparison (Mar '06) 3 hr Sniper II 95
Points in the Game (Jul '11) 5 hr Sniper II 1,259
last post wins! (Feb '11) 5 hr Sniper II 24,848
Colo. gay discrimination alleged over wedding cake (Jun '13) 5 hr KiMerde 5,267
Housewife convicted of frying husband (Mar '07) 11 hr Maverick 808 56
Memory Foam mattress (Aug '13) 13 hr Ted Smith 11
Denver Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Denver People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Denver News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Denver

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 10:00 am PST

Bleacher Report10:00AM
NFL Week 16 Picks: Game-by-Game Over/Under Predictions
Bleacher Report 5:47 PM
Denver Broncos vs. Cincinnati Bengals Betting Odds, Analysis, NFL Pick
Bleacher Report 5:58 PM
Kansas City Chiefs vs. Pittsburgh Steelers Betting Odds, Analysis, NFL Pick
Bleacher Report 9:09 PM
Breaking Down New York's Game Plan
Bleacher Report 9:30 PM
Breaking Down Denver's Game Plan