Colorado makes $3.5M in pot revenue in January

Mar 10, 2014 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: WKYC-TV Cleveland

Colorado collected more than $3.5 million in taxes and fees from both recreational and medical marijuana in January, according to figures released today by the state's Department of Revenue.

Comments
1 - 19 of 19 Comments Last updated Tuesday Jul 29

“Groooovin'”

Since: Feb 14

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 10, 2014

WELL, They Had To Brew up some SALES TAX Somewhere!!

The Wildfires of past years DESTROYED Complete Neighborhoods, this leaving barren ground.

The Flooding that incurred due to these fires that Scarred the mountainsides....Created FEAR, LOSS Of Life, WASHED away homes and NO Tourism Dollars!!

There's ONLY so many Tickets COPS can write..!!!
ThomasA

Birmingham, AL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 13, 2014

Judged:

Petal Power wrote:
WELL, They Had To Brew up some SALES TAX Somewhere!!
The Wildfires of past years DESTROYED Complete Neighborhoods, this leaving barren ground.
The Flooding that incurred due to these fires that Scarred the mountainsides....Created FEAR, LOSS Of Life, WASHED away homes and NO Tourism Dollars!!
There's ONLY so many Tickets COPS can write..!!!
The $3.5 million is good BUT on the evening news this week, there was an brief news bit about the millions being spent on those who insist on operating outside the state set legal limits and restrictions. Even though it's legal to smoke now, it's still not legal to drive and the police will continue to go after those for DUI. The defiant stoners will create bad publicity and make it hard on those who stay in line.
dracul

Denver, CO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 16, 2014

Judged:

I note with extreme distaste and utter contempt the lines around blocks where these dope dens are raking in wheel barrows of cash by the hour from the zoned out potheads. Likewise, the stepped up gun shows...now quite frequent... draw hordes of paranoid Neanderthals champing at the bit for the latest machine guns and heavy weaponry. Polemics. Stoners with AK's. In Carlin's words: you are all diseased. Wonderland. Three more months and we'll be putting this festering quagmire in the rear view mirror at last. Can't come soon enough....

“Groooovin'”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 17, 2014

THAT was for January..!!!

WHAT about in the Summer Months??

Vacation or Pot??

Dilemmas...????
Glo Bull Warming LOL

Grass Valley, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 17, 2014

I just can't understand why there are people out there who pay these exorbitant prices and taxes on something that any idiot with a pot seed can grow anywhere from the South Pole to the North Pole?
Are you all, stoned, or stupid???

P.S.
I will bet that these tax revenues will go way down after this summer.
Either that, or you Coloradans are stoned and stupid!
ThomasA

Birmingham, AL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 17, 2014

dracul wrote:
I note with extreme distaste and utter contempt the lines around blocks where these dope dens are raking in wheel barrows of cash by the hour from the zoned out potheads. Likewise, the stepped up gun shows...now quite frequent... draw hordes of paranoid Neanderthals champing at the bit for the latest machine guns and heavy weaponry. Polemics. Stoners with AK's. In Carlin's words: you are all diseased. Wonderland. Three more months and we'll be putting this festering quagmire in the rear view mirror at last. Can't come soon enough....
All those people in areas around the shops are NOT users. The undercover law enforcement folks are taking stock of who, what, when, and where for later use.
Zebo

Milan, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 22, 2014

ThomasA wrote:
<quoted text> All those people in areas around the shops are NOT users. The undercover law enforcement folks are taking stock of who, what, when, and where for later use.
From drug tester to DEA agent. Did you get a promotion?
Zebo

Milan, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 22, 2014

ThomasA wrote:
<quoted text> All those people in areas around the shops are NOT users. The undercover law enforcement folks are taking stock of who, what, when, and where for later use.
I doubt that you've even been to Colorado. How do you know what's going on around those shops and where they are located?
ThomasA

Birmingham, AL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 23, 2014

Zebo wrote:
<quoted text>
I doubt that you've even been to Colorado. How do you know what's going on around those shops and where they are located?
You don't watch the evening news much, Huh??? They show us what's going on out there with police undercover work that we don't really need to know .
The Insider

Gardner, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 24, 2014

Judged:

Colorado is one screwed up state.
Turbo

Albuquerque, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 24, 2014

Colorado is amazing. Where are you from?
ThomasA

Birmingham, AL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 24, 2014

Turbo wrote:
It's a beautiful state that has come up with a way to part even more of their SUCKER tourists from their money. " Yep, go ahead and smoke all you want because it's legal here.." They do forget to write you a hall pass for when you get back home where it's not legal and you get busted in a Monday morning pee test, or the " You can't take it on the airplane, so we will ship your bundle for you. Just pay us and we will make sure a drug dog can't smell it in a USPS regional sorting center" Ha haha hahahahaha. It's sad and it's hard to keep from laughing at these fools who actually buy into that crap every day and wind up with a drug team on their front door.
GBA-freedom

Saint Marys, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 26, 2014

Don't you dare smoke that tobacco, but the pot is harmless. Is that the message? They may have made $3.5 million, but is that worth the increased drop out rate in the schools? What needs to be examined here is why do you wish to smoke or use the weed. If it is to get high or feel better, then I would suggest that it should have the same restrictions as booze. The same goes for the prescription drugs.

“Built like a ”

Level 9

Since: Aug 08

North Korean missile!.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 26, 2014

Turbo wrote:
No it's not.
It's an icky place, and I couldn't get out of there and home any quicker, besides I left all my pot at home.
CBD THC

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 27, 2014

dracul wrote:
You, like, need a bowl, dude. Seriously.
ThomasA

Birmingham, AL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 29, 2014

Judged:

Zebo wrote:
<quoted text>
Go there on business and vacation. If you spent a little less on staying $%itfaced, you would have more money to travel too.
Bud Good

Cantonment, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 29, 2014

Still out there in TopixLand stirring up the populace, eh, Tommy?
ThomasA wrote:
<quoted text> Go there on business and vacation. If you spent a little less on staying $%itfaced, you would have more money to travel too.
When you coming down to the Coast again?

We could sit on the beach and have a beer.

“Groooovin'”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 30, 2014

Think..THAT the Sales will continue to RISE??

Or ROCK STEADY???
Drifter

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Tuesday Jul 29

dracul wrote:

The potheads aren't the ones buying guns, you moron.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
Denver Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Denver Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••