Lard Lips Limbaugh losing Sponsors

karlVII
Level 6

Since: Feb 12

Aurora, CO

#231 Mar 17, 2012
“I mean, let’s face it, we didn’t have slavery in this country for over 100 years because it was a bad thing. Quite the opposite: slavery built the South. I’m just saying it had its merits. For one thing, the streets were safer after dark.”
Rush Limbaugh

http://newsone.com/nation/casey-gane-mccalla/...

Cathouse Mouse

Since: Aug 10

Cathouse Mouse

#232 Mar 17, 2012
SATAN_64 wrote:
<quoted text>Oh but it is a fact. What part don`t you understand?
One part I don't understand is your desire to change names and carry on your conversation with me.

I understand plenty.

“I'm Hillary's Deplorable”

Level 10

Since: Dec 08

Home, sweet home.

#233 Mar 17, 2012
karlVII wrote:
“I mean, let’s face it, we didn’t have slavery in this country for over 100 years because it was a bad thing. Quite the opposite: slavery built the South. I’m just saying it had its merits. For one thing, the streets were safer after dark.”
Rush Limbaugh
http://newsone.com/nation/casey-gane-mccalla/...
I try to ignore kar, because he spreads disgusting misinformation. I don't call him a liar, he may not know or intentionally spread falsehood.
On October 7[2006], the demonization began with St. Louis Post-Dispatch sports writer Bryan Burwell, whose column demonized the entire country, as he claimed these words were Limbaugh’s...
http://archive.mrc.org/splash/TellTheTruth.ht...
http://urbanlegends.about.com/b/2009/10/15/li...

Level 10

Home, sweet home.

#234 Mar 17, 2012
AZ Desert Guy wrote:
Some of the run-away sponsors are trying to come back -- Rush has refused to take them back. Oh, yes -- his numbers have recently increased. His listenership is up!
He's taken back his tax services sponsors.

Freedom of the press is the American way.

I love Rush!

Level 10

Home, sweet home.

#235 Mar 17, 2012
Jammercolo wrote:
One sponsor changed there mind and wanted back.ONE!
What a crock, they tried to create a panic and it backfired over time. That's the way it always works.

He apologized Saturday and every sponsor wanted back. They're negotiating.

Level 10

Home, sweet home.

#237 Mar 17, 2012
Reported!
NEO-CONsumer

Denver, CO

#238 Mar 17, 2012
Brian_G wrote:
Reported!
Why? That kind of garbage and the judge-its that approve are just more proof of what the left is really made up of.

It is to the right's advantage that the looney left feels the need to expose themselves for the haters that they really are.

You should be complimented that you got under it's skin.
NEO-CONsumer

Denver, CO

#240 Mar 17, 2012
King T wrote:
<quoted text>I`m not a Lib you Black lover. Grow up.
Sure you are!

LOL!

“The Arizona Desert Guy ”

Level 1

Since: Mar 12

Phoenix

#241 Mar 17, 2012
Jammercolo wrote:
<quoted text>
One sponsor changed there mind and wanted back.ONE!
At least one, you mean. There could easily have been others who entertained the notion of returning, since his listenership continued to rise. In any case, my use of the indefinte "some" was meant to be just that for the purposesof quantification.

SATAN_64

“Walk With Me In Hell”

Level 7

Since: Nov 11

Hell, Norway

#242 Mar 17, 2012
Cathouse Mouse wrote:
<quoted text>
One part I don't understand is your desire to change names and carry on your conversation with me.
I understand plenty.
That is debatable.

I do not and have not changed names, I am the same one that told you long ago if you kept flippin yer jibbs, i`d be on you like stink on shit.

You have since toned down your bad attitude, just a bit. Now we just have to work on your people skills.

“Invisible Pink Unicorn”

Since: May 08

Location hidden

#243 Mar 17, 2012
Brian_G wrote:
<quoted text>I try to ignore kar, because he spreads disgusting misinformation. I don't call him a liar, he may not know or intentionally spread falsehood.
<quoted text>
http://archive.mrc.org/splash/TellTheTruth.ht...
http://urbanlegends.about.com/b/2009/10/15/li...
A conservative using the evil liberal propaganda website urbanlegends to prove a point. WOW!!!!!!!!!

“Invisible Pink Unicorn”

Location hidden

#244 Mar 17, 2012
AZ Desert Guy wrote:
<quoted text>
At least one, you mean. There could easily have been others who entertained the notion of returning, since his listenership continued to rise. In any case, my use of the indefinte "some" was meant to be just that for the purposesof quantification.
rush limbaugh ratings have been in decline long before his latest stupid attack.

http://www.thewrap.com/media/article/rush-lim...

“Invisible Pink Unicorn”

Location hidden

#245 Mar 17, 2012
'Rush Limbaugh Show' Broadcasts Five Minutes of Dead Air as Sponsors Continue to Flee

Of the 86 ads aired during Thursday's New York broadcast, 77 were public service announcements

The dead airtime was spread out over four instances during the three-hour broadcast. WABC 770 AM in New York was silent for two and a half minutes before the show, save for one ad, then again near the end of the show’s first hour. Hours two and three each contained one minute of silence each, reports Think Progress.

karlVII
Level 6

Since: Feb 12

Aurora, CO

#246 Mar 18, 2012
Since the Sandra Fluke scandal, several stations have already dropped “The Rush Limbaugh Show.” Over 40 advertisers have pulled their spots from the broadcast, and several members of Congress have spoken out against Rush and his deplorable remarks. And on Wednesday night, Sen. Carl Levin, Chairman of the Armed Services Committee, said he would like the Armed Services Network to also drop the show. As a woman, and as a mother, I couldn’t agree with these leaders more. It’s time for Rush to go.

http://newsone.com/nation/tmallory/time-to-ru...

Level 10

Home, sweet home.

#247 Mar 18, 2012
Jammercolo wrote:
A conservative using the evil liberal propaganda website urbanlegends to prove a point. WOW!!!!!!!!!
I used two sources and found the same story. Rush never said that, defamation is the smallest kind of argument.

The world isn't as simple as good and evil people, it's a mixed bag. Thanks for admitting I proved the point, misinformation dominates the issue.

Cathouse Mouse

Cathouse Mouse

#248 Mar 18, 2012
SATAN_64 wrote:
<quoted text>That is debatable.
I do not and have not changed names, I am the same one that told you long ago if you kept flippin yer jibbs, i`d be on you like stink on shit.
You have since toned down your bad attitude, just a bit. Now we just have to work on your people skills.
ha!!!

You're just another peon in a long line of peons who think they've threatened me.

And you best watch your 4 letter words directed at me or you'll be registering a new name insignificant little boi.
NEO-CONsumer

Frisco, TX

#249 Mar 18, 2012
Cathouse Mouse wrote:
<quoted text>
ha!!!
You're just another peon in a long line of peons who think they've threatened me.
And you best watch your 4 letter words directed at me or you'll be registering a new name insignificant little boi.
Gonna tell teacher? Boohoo!

Libs- thin-skinned hypocrites.

Cathouse Mouse

Cathouse Mouse

#250 Mar 18, 2012
NEO-CONsumer wrote:
<quoted text>
Gonna tell teacher? Boohoo!
Libs- thin-skinned hypocrites.
Profanity is a violation of your use agreement. But more importantly, I do not condone it. It has been my decision to let it be known that I will report profanity when directed at me.

I will NOT be cussed at by people who claim to stand up for Christianity.

I have references.

“Here Comes The Boom”

Level 3

Since: Mar 12

Location hidden

#251 Mar 18, 2012
Cathouse Mouse wrote:
<quoted text>
Profanity is a violation of your use agreement. But more importantly, I do not condone it. It has been my decision to let it be known that I will report profanity when directed at me.
I will NOT be cussed at by people who claim to stand up for Christianity.
I have references.
Did you really just say that Satan "stands up" for Christianity?
Spare us your self righteous drivel. You are among the most hatefilled, vulgar posters on Topix.

“The Tea Party are Koch Suckers”

Since: May 11

Location hidden

#252 Mar 18, 2012
http://themoderatevoice.com/141523/is-conserv...

"This comes, Avlon writes,“at a particularly difficult time for right-wing talk radio. They are playing to a (sometimes literally) dying demographic. Rush & Co. rate best among old, white males. They have been steadily losing women and young listeners, who are alienated by the angry, negative, obsessive approach to political conservations. Add to that the fact that women ages 24—55 are the prize advertising demographic, and you have a perfect storm emerging after Limbaugh’s Sandra Fluke comments.”

The bottom line: conservative political talk may be outdated business model."

something long overdue to think about..regular
folks are really sick of the hating, "straw man"
argumentative garbage...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Denver Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Nicole Dubois Savage 10 hr Rachel 8
Republicans the party of LIARS (Dec '11) 11 hr tbird19482 25,325
Need help with homework, college social question 17 hr Melquiades Estrada 5
News Colo. gay discrimination alleged over wedding cake (Jun '13) 19 hr TomInElPaso 40,519
To Kathy Sabine Thu Duhlai 4
last post wins! (Feb '11) Thu Sharlene45 26,257
Denver County Mugshots and Criminal Arrest Records Sep 28 Caleb 2

Denver Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Denver Mortgages