Pit bull owner charged after dog shot by security officer

Full story: KUSA Denver

" The owner of a pit bull shot by a security officer last month has been charged with owning a vicious animal.

Comments (Page 3)

Showing posts 41 - 48 of48
|
next page >
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Perry

Parker, CO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 8, 2007

Police will do nothing without filing a complaint. Then the white trash can find out for five dollars who filed the complaint. If they have a vicious rottweiler, I already know they'll be burning down my house. Laws are made for the dog owners. I guess the reason they have dogs is no one else likes them.
Trin Tragula

Fort Collins, CO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 8, 2007

Steve G wrote:
These are evil dogs owned by evil people. Period. And spare me the, "it's not the breed, it's the owner". That's a bunch hogwash.
And you know this how? It's always the owner. Given different treatment and training these dogs are smart enough to be very well behaved.
Rebecca

Denver, CO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 9, 2007

People first-dogs second wrote:
Sterilize all pit bulls now and let the breed die out. There are too many kids around with a half a face after someone's, "it's a really sweet dog" has ripped their little faces apart. Pit bulls are not essential to the biosphere continuum. They simply bolster those who feel inadequate in their own personal prowess or help protect meth labs. Bring it on dog freaks, I can handle it.
You got it. Let's see if your ranting cand keep up wuth hard cold facts...

Of all fatal dog attacks since 2000:

* 25% were chained or tethered at the time of the attack.

* 80% of the dogs were "intack" (not spayed or nuetered)

* 92% were males.

* only 21% of the dogs were pi bulls.

So, using your logic, German Shepards, Akidas, Rotties, Dalmations, and yes, even miniuture poodles need to be slautered.

(A poodle killed a 6 week old baby)

Rebutle comming?

Level 1

Since: Mar 07

Nashville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 9, 2007

Rebecca wrote:
<quoted text>
You got it. Let's see if your ranting cand keep up wuth hard cold facts...
Of all fatal dog attacks since 2000:
* 25% were chained or tethered at the time of the attack.
* 80% of the dogs were "intack" (not spayed or nuetered)
* 92% were males.
* only 21% of the dogs were pi bulls.
So, using your logic, German Shepards, Akidas, Rotties, Dalmations, and yes, even miniuture poodles need to be slautered.
(A poodle killed a 6 week old baby)
Rebutle comming?
Would you mind stating your source of your information please? I have to wonder why, if this is true, why there are so many pit-bull bans accross the country?
Rebecca

Denver, CO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 10, 2007

Dudamonster wrote:
<quoted text>Would you mind stating your source of your information please? I have to wonder why, if this is true, why there are so many pit-bull bans accross the country?
I got them from a compolation of humane education esseys called "Child Abuse, Domestic Violence, and Animal Abuse: Linking the Circles of Compassion for Preventionand Intervention" by Frank R. Ascione, Ph.D., and Phil Arkow, Editors, Sponsored by the Latham Foundation. It's not in any e-format, so I can't post links. But if you can't find the book in your local library, you can buy it here:

http://www.worldanimal.net/hme-resources.html
genius

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 10, 2007

Not another irresponsible pit bull owner !
tarheel

Mebane, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 19, 2007

Its the breed
KaD

Aurora, CO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 1, 2013

Judged:

When you choose the breed you own its deed.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 41 - 48 of48
|
next page >
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
Denver Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Denver Jobs

•••
•••
•••

Denver People Search