Pit bull owner charged after dog shot by security officer

Full story: KUSA Denver

" The owner of a pit bull shot by a security officer last month has been charged with owning a vicious animal.

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 20 of48
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Perry

Parker, CO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 7, 2007

Yet another dog attack story. Will it never end? Down with dogs.

“It's pronounced DAG-uth.”

Since: Jun 07

Windsor, CO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 7, 2007

I'm glad my dog loves people so much. When I take her for a walk, she'll sidle right up to people and I can't tell whether she's wagging her tail or her tail is wagging her. Everyone loves it.
Ryan

Denver, CO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 7, 2007

Down with yourself first, I don't like Pit Bulls, I don't think they should exist, but I'd rather be around a dog then most people in society now a days.
Trin Tragula

Fort Collins, CO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 7, 2007

Perry wrote:
Correction: Down with bad dog owners.
genius

Redmond, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 7, 2007

The security officer warned the dog several times to back off! When the dog didn't heed the warning, then and only then did the officer pull out his service revolver and shoot the pit bull. It was a clear case of self defense the police investigative dept. concluded. This security officer should sue in civil court against the owner of the pit bull, only then will he recover from the emotional stress of having to shoot the dog.
michael

Denver, CO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 7, 2007

Perry wrote:
i guess we have to put your mom down. LOL
tree hugger

Sherman, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 7, 2007

where is p.e.t.a. when we need them?

“fish on!”

Since: Jul 07

Bayard Nebraska

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 7, 2007

Pit bulls were bred to kill. Can't trust them
SLC

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 8, 2007

Dogs suck...Shoot all of them, and send the Illegals back to Mexico, and maybe the world would be a better place to live.Dogs really suck, and pit bull owners need to be shot, as well.
Jim Beam

Denver, CO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 8, 2007

shame he did not shoot it in the head!!!
Give that guard a medal!
gwats

Monument, CO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 8, 2007

The bullet should have been lodged in that inbread dog's brain.
ChristineG

Denver, CO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 8, 2007

As the proud mommie of four (4) A.P.B.T.'s, I find ALL of your comments not only offensive but extremely IGNORANT. However, I can't justify arguing with your ignorance, it's a lose-lose situation. Remember though, IGNORANCE BREEDS PREJUDICE!
Jamie

Denver, CO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 8, 2007

I think that the security guard was only doing his job. I own a pit bull mix and i think they are very misunderstood though also. I know my dog listens well and though protective i don't see him as aggressive.Some people freak out when they see a pit bull thinking right off they are gonna get attacked not realizing that with any breed of dog when they smell fear of course they are gonna act on it. I think they feel the only option is to kill the pit bull just because of its rap. People need to get educated on pit bulls.

Since: May 07

Westminster

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 8, 2007

These are evil dogs owned by evil people. Period. And spare me the, "it's not the breed, it's the owner". That's a bunch hogwash.
LINDA HINES

Nashville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 8, 2007

Its hard to say but I am guessing the only reason he felt threatened was due to the fact it was a pit bull, my son owns a pit and he is the most loveable and playful dog. He got out one day and a gentleman stated my sons dog dog came up on him and tried to attack him and his dog, that was complete bull. I know my sons dog and he was just playing with the dog. But since he is a pit, then he automatically was attacking them!! these people are crazy. I know there are bad dogs out there (of all breeds), however the media has made such a spectacle over pit bulls its unreal. The medai has all you people running scared and you are letting them. GROW UP and think for yourself!!!
America

Brighton, CO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 8, 2007

People need to be educated on alot of things these days!!! Pit-bulls like all dogs are a subspecies of wolf. And we need to remember that all dogs have the instincts of a wild animal, which means that they have the potential to do and act like a wild animal. This goes for Pit-bulls, Pomeranians, Golden retrievers, chihaus, beagles, and every breed out there. People today humanize their dogs too much! I like dogs and all breeds, but dog owners need to respect the animal within their dogs and be good responsible owners regardless of the breed of their dog. All dogs have the potential to get themselves into trouble!!!
Perry

Parker, CO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 8, 2007

Dog worshipers are people haters. Just ask any of them. They are unbelievably mean to people who don't like dogs. No one thinks twice about cat haters.
Rebecca

Denver, CO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 8, 2007

LINDA HINES wrote:
Its hard to say but I am guessing the only reason he felt threatened was due to the fact it was a pit bull... I know there are bad dogs out there (of all breeds), however the media has made such a spectacle over pit bulls its unreal. The medai has all you people running scared and you are letting them. GROW UP and think for yourself!!!
I have to agree with this. My niebor is not a fan of dogs of any kind. He absolutely detestes my female (shepard/chow mix, very hyper) and really likes my 2 males.(Just got the older one back from my brother.) I have no intention of telling that dog-hater that the two he actually likes are bit bull mixes...
JGP

Denver, CO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 8, 2007

You can bet that had that been any other dog than a pit bull, it would not have been news worthy by 9 News or Fox 31 which is marginally worse and appears to be more biased than 9 News, marginally that is.
JJJ

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 8, 2007

So did the dog actually attack the security guard? Some details seem to be left out....

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 20 of48
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

17 Users are viewing the Denver Forum right now

Search the Denver Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Does anyone know about the Iowa tribal properties? 20 min Hector Ismael Guzman 1
Republicans the party of LIARS (Dec '11) 2 hr KarlVIIIII 11,317
Play the "end of the word" game (Jul '11) 2 hr RinGo_ 4,204
7 best things to do in Denver this weekend Fri Trigger 1
Colo. gay discrimination alleged over wedding cake (Jun '13) Fri DNF 1,417
BangItAmmo.com Fri Concerned Citizen 1
So what's the story with Richard Kirk the pot p... Apr 16 Commander Bunny 2
•••
•••
•••
•••

Denver Jobs

•••