Dumb Friends League, with hundreds of cats, extends $10 adoption special

Aug 3, 2012 Full story: Examiner.com 23

The Dumb Friends League has a lot of cats - 575, to be exact - so in an effort to get them into new homes, the Denver area's largest shelter operation is extending its $10 adoption special for felines 1 year or older through Aug.

Full Story
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Level 9

Since: Jan 08

Location hidden

#1 Aug 6, 2012
I wish I was close by. I would like a 7 year old cat.

“look up and laugh”

Level 9

Since: Jun 08

guess, where

#3 Aug 6, 2012
check out shelters in your area.

“look up and laugh”

Level 9

Since: Jun 08

guess, where

#4 Aug 6, 2012
Call them and tell them you want a cat that old. I am sure they will be happy to hear that.

“Hello everyone!”

Level 9

Since: Dec 07

Location hidden

#5 Sep 3, 2012
I d like a cat with stripes that looks like a tiger

“I am H.G's Sock”

Level 7

Since: Jul 12

Or is he mine?

#7 Sep 7, 2012
Dumb Friends League?

Level 6

Since: Apr 11

Location hidden

#8 Sep 7, 2012
Abby Normal One wrote:
Dumb Friends League?
I'm really surprised you haven't heard of the Dumb Friends League. It's the largest animal sheltering facility in the Rocky Mountain area. It's very well known and has advertisements all over the Denver area as that's where the main shelter is located.

http://www.ddfl.org/about-dumb-friends-league

The above website might help you understand why it's call the Dumb Friends League. I'm not from the Denver area but I've heard of it. Perhaps you'll be obliged to help out the facility when you become familiar with it. They do a lot of good. I have several friends in the area that are supporters.

“I am H.G's Sock”

Level 7

Or is he mine?

#9 Sep 7, 2012
Icnoptnthis wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm really surprised you haven't heard of the Dumb Friends League. It's the largest animal sheltering facility in the Rocky Mountain area. It's very well known and has advertisements all over the Denver area as that's where the main shelter is located.
http://www.ddfl.org/about-dumb-friends-league
The above website might help you understand why it's call the Dumb Friends League. I'm not from the Denver area but I've heard of it. Perhaps you'll be obliged to help out the facility when you become familiar with it. They do a lot of good. I have several friends in the area that are supporters.
I just moved here about 4 months ago and no I haven't heard of it.
I love animals so I will check into it.
I didn't know if this was for real or not so thanks for the link.

I wish I could own a pet but I travel with my job so that is out of the question.

Level 6

Since: Feb 12

Aurora, CO

#16 Sep 8, 2012
8 years ago I adopted a dog from the Dumb Friends League.

He has been the best dog I ever had

When his last day comes I will again adopt from Denver Dumb Friends League

I also donate to them annually, they are a remarkable no kill shelter one of the best in the country.

“If you can't beat um join um”

Level 9

Since: Jun 11

Under the troll bridge

#17 Sep 8, 2012
karlVII wrote:
8 years ago I adopted a dog from the Dumb Friends League.
He has been the best dog I ever had
When his last day comes I will again adopt from Denver Dumb Friends League
I also donate to them annually, they are a remarkable no kill shelter one of the best in the country.
Good for you Karl. I've gotten several critters from the Dumb Friends league over the years. My sis was a vet tech and volunteered there for years before she moved to the mountains. The last dog I got there I got in December the year my last husband died. I decided I needed more love so I went and bought some. Her name was Karley and I just lost her this February. She was wonderful! Best $95.00 I ever spent.

Level 6

Since: Feb 12

Aurora, CO

#27 Sep 8, 2012
The Troll Doll wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes I will. I'm very close to a resolution and thank you for your kind post. Go Broncos!
No problem Troll Doll, and YES Go Broncos

“I am H.G's Sock”

Level 7

Or is he mine?

#35 Sep 9, 2012
HI Charlie Girl.

“I am H.G's Sock”

Level 7

Or is he mine?

#36 Sep 9, 2012
Posters I am sorry this happened on a thread which was about good things for animals. I won't respond here again except about the animals.
But at least anyone can see the pattern.

“Already Occupied”

Level 3

Since: Nov 11

Denver, CO

#41 Sep 9, 2012
Thank you for your kind words Miss Iconpinkatis. Its always a struggle to keep the disruptor s from disrupting.But we try. Thanks for your efforts too. Your words are very accurate and felt by all of us. I couldnt say that without several cuss words and stuff.
Thank you.

“I am H.G's Sock”

Level 7

Or is he mine?

#48 Sep 9, 2012
I have not had time to check this out yet but I am thinking of a cat. A cat can stay overnight by itself and wouldn't need as much care as a dog. It could be a match made in heaven.
I don't know if pets are allowed.

“I am H.G's Sock”

Level 7

Or is he mine?

#49 Sep 9, 2012
Charlie_Girl wrote:
<quoted text>
Pepper, how can that be a problem when no one knows what she looks like?
lol I think she was kidding me.

“I don't do red lipstick...”

Since: Sep 12

well maybe this one time...

#51 Sep 9, 2012
Charlie_Girl wrote:
<quoted text>
Pepper, how can that be a problem when no one knows what she looks like?
Dah! You see her, don't you?

Level 6

Since: Apr 11

Location hidden

#52 Sep 9, 2012
Abby Normal One wrote:
I have not had time to check this out yet but I am thinking of a cat. A cat can stay overnight by itself and wouldn't need as much care as a dog. It could be a match made in heaven.
I don't know if pets are allowed.
You can use the link I gave you and view all of the cats and kittens. I will warn you it's hard to say no when you've seen them. Good Luck! I've looked a few times and then was very glad I didn't live in the area. My house would be a zoo.

“I don't do red lipstick...”

Since: Sep 12

well maybe this one time...

#55 Sep 9, 2012
Abby Normal One wrote:
<quoted text>LOL I never used the word jealous. I said "upset" and some were. I don't know why.
No one knows who I am or what I look like. Well I am a girl and I am blonde. OMG PI
There it is. That's all they need to know. Hope you find the perfect cat.

“I am H.G's Sock”

Level 7

Or is he mine?

#57 Sep 9, 2012
Icnoptnthis wrote:
<quoted text>
You can use the link I gave you and view all of the cats and kittens. I will warn you it's hard to say no when you've seen them. Good Luck! I've looked a few times and then was very glad I didn't live in the area. My house would be a zoo.
I love animals too. My lifestyle doesn't leave me a lot of freedom in that direction as of yet. I will have to back up to look for the link. Thanks.

“I am H.G's Sock”

Level 7

Or is he mine?

#61 Sep 9, 2012
Pepper_126 wrote:
<quoted text>
There it is. That's all they need to know. Hope you find the perfect cat.
I always fall for the ones some one has mistreated. I am a softy that way. I will have to see if I can do it.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Denver Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Colo. gay discrimination alleged over wedding cake (Jun '13) 25 min Wondering 3,809
Republicans the party of LIARS (Dec '11) 3 hr Respect71 12,844
last post wins! (Feb '11) 6 hr NotaGoth 24,665
Denver Police Want Help Identifying Auto Theft ... Thu joe 1
Students hack into school system, change grades (Apr '07) Thu charles 612
Gay/Bi teens in/near Denver, Colorado Wed Colleysammy 3
Morgan Ingram was not murdered nor stalked. (Nov '12) Wed storiesforcommunity 49
Denver Dating
Find my Match

Denver Jobs

Denver People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Denver News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Denver

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]