US school shooting revives gun debate

Dec 14, 2012 Full story: Yahoo! 2,340

Relatives of those killed in past mass shootings reacted with outrage to Friday's news of another massacre at an elementary school in Connecticut.

Full Story

Level 6

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#2065 Feb 5, 2013
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
The RECESSION that occurred after Reagan took office?
The deep recession that you insisted that I had to prove happened?
Are you going to work your way down to Iran Contra or are you going to get back on topic here?
“The RECESSION that occurred after Reagan took office?” LOL… the recession started in 1980.

“The deep recession that you insisted that I had to prove happened?” No, you insisted that Reagan caused, but have yet to state what he did to cause it… But wait Reagan wasn’t president in 1980… Curious.

“Are you going to work your way down to Iran Contra or are you going to get back on topic here?” Are you going to explain the primary cause of the recession and high unemployment and then you can explain why Obama caused 10% plus Unemployment in 2009?
You can call me Dick

Gainesville, FL

#2066 Feb 5, 2013
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
Gun control certainly can keep some Newtown's from happening.
If the NRA hadn't put the AR-15 in the killer's hands, Newtown would not have happened.
What MIGHT keep Newtown's, Aurora's and Arizona's from happening is teachers, clergy, health professionals, and citizens being able to say pick one, that student, retired truck driver, disgruntled former employee, or who ever they are that need to be locked up on the fifth floor and getting help before they kill some one because they are frickin nuts. That will never happen why you ask, because oh my gosh we might violate someone's personal space, or hurt their feelings, we might violate their rights because untill that crazy kid next door goes out and kills a bunch of people we dont want to take a chance that we are going to be wrong a few times. Then theACLU, or the Al Sharpton, and all the do gooders blowing smoke up your butt and sprinkling magic pixi dust in the air will be up our ass with red hot pokers if you get it wrong once in the while. So make your choice, take the chance, or wait for the carnage.

Level 5

Since: Feb 11

Location hidden

#2067 Feb 5, 2013
Respect71 wrote:
<quoted text>
I recall you rejecting the facts I presented about Reagan
You recollection is faulty.

I told you that Reagan was responsible for the worst recession & highest unemployment and you cried and whined and insisted I prove it and I did.

I am sure there is a Reagon hero worship thread on topix but it isn't here.

Level 5

Location hidden

#2068 Feb 5, 2013
Respect71 wrote:
<quoted text>
“The RECESSION that occurred after Reagan took office?” LOL… the recession started in 1980.
" In the depths of the 1981-1982 recession, Americans were far more displeased with their president and his policies than were their ..."

Level 5

Location hidden

#2069 Feb 5, 2013
Respect71 wrote:
But wait Reagan wasn’t president in 1980…
Recession = July 1981

Level 5

Location hidden

#2070 Feb 5, 2013
You can call me Dick wrote:
<quoted text>
What MIGHT keep Newtown's, Aurora's and Arizona's from happening is teachers, clergy, health professionals, and citizens
The USA has 275+ million guns.

If guns were the solution, then there would be no crime in America.

Newtown = NRA put AR-15 in hands of the killer.

Level 5

Location hidden

#2071 Feb 5, 2013
Respect71 wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, and tell us what the primary cause of the recession and high unemployment was.
Ronald Reagan.

Don't make me repeat it again.

“Liberal Teachers ruin Kids”

Level 8

Since: Mar 09

Paradise Valley Arizona

#2072 Feb 5, 2013
if they ban AR 15's for the public, they need to be also banned for law enforcement
You can call me Dick

United States

#2073 Feb 5, 2013
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
And, if we did not have spoons we would not fat people. NRA put a gun no hands, another mental basket case picked a gun to go kill people, not an airplane to fly into a building, not a car to drive in to a group of bystanders and to make sure in his sick twisted vision to so more grandiose than any of other sick bastards before him, he chose a grade school.

Level 6

Location hidden

#2074 Feb 5, 2013
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
You recollection is faulty.
I told you that Reagan was responsible for the worst recession & highest unemployment and you cried and whined and insisted I prove it and I did.
I am sure there is a Reagon hero worship thread on topix but it isn't here.
“I told you that Reagan was responsible for the worst recession & highest unemployment and you cried and whined and insisted I prove it and I did.”
Proved what? You never stated what he did… You might have said something about “tax cuts” What might you be referring to??? So, what did he do to cause high unemployment (which we have already established he was NOT president at the start of the recession)?

Level 6

Location hidden

#2075 Feb 5, 2013
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
Recession = July 1981
The recession started in January 1980 and unemployment went from 5.6% to 6.9% in April of 1980 then jumped to 7.5% in may of 1980… Who was president? And what was the unemployment rate in July of 1981?

Level 6

Location hidden

#2076 Feb 5, 2013
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
Ronald Reagan.
Don't make me repeat it again.
What was the primary CAUSE of the recession and the high unemployment.

HINT little guy: Your answer is wrong.
imatruthaddict

Denver, CO

#2077 Feb 5, 2013
Reagan drank the Kool-Aid....
imatruthaddict

Denver, CO

#2078 Feb 5, 2013
But I fail to see how Reagan pertains to the current gun debate....which is the topic of this thread.

Level 6

Location hidden

#2079 Feb 5, 2013
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
“If guns were the solution, then there would be no crime in America.” Firearms are a right, not a solution.

“Newtown = NRA put AR-15 in hands of the killer.” He didn’t use the AR-15. If his mom had collected “china” there would be shard in all those people.

It’s obvious you don’t know how to think.
imatruthaddict

Denver, CO

#2080 Feb 5, 2013
Yeah...that is true. The AR-15 was in Adam Lanza's trunk...but who cares about what type of gun it was anyways? Do people think it is hard to change clips or something? Large clips are for suppression fire, not targeted killing.

Level 5

Location hidden

#2081 Feb 6, 2013
Respect71 wrote:
Proved what? You never stated what he did
Posted.

I don't have to wait for the little light to come on.

Boy.

Level 5

Location hidden

#2082 Feb 6, 2013
Respect71 wrote:
<quoted text>
“If guns were the solution, then there would be no crime in America.”

Firearms are a right, not a solution.
They aren't.

Level 5

Location hidden

#2083 Feb 6, 2013
Respect71 wrote:
<quoted text>
“If guns were the solution, then there would be no crime in America.” Firearms are a right, not a solution.
PS: pay attention.

More guns were the solution to crime, then the more guns there were, the fewer crimes would result.

Obviously: the contrary is true, especially when looking at specific crimes.

E.G.: spouses killing one another with firearms.

Or neighbors...

++

Monday

DALLAS ( CBSDFW.COM )– A feud between neighbors at a North Dallas apartment complex turned deadly on Monday morning when a man allegedly shot and killed two neighbors.

According to neighbors at the scene, a man and woman with five kids were shot and killed in the incident. Four of the children were in class at a local elementary school when the shooting took place. An infant child was home during the shooting and was unharmed.

The victim’s neighbors say the deceased man and woman had been in a long standing argument with their downstairs neighbor about the couple’s pets peeing and pooping from the upstairs balcony down onto his balcony.

The downstairs neighbor reportedly fired up from below, killing the woman on the balcony. The suspect then shot and killed the husband in the apartment’s parking lot.

Level 5

Location hidden

#2084 Feb 6, 2013
Respect71 wrote:
“Newtown = NRA put AR-15 in hands of the killer.” He didn’t use the AR-15.
State of Connecticut says he did.

See above: little light

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Denver Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Colo. gay discrimination alleged over wedding cake (Jun '13) 22 min Guy Wiliford II 3,855
Republicans the party of LIARS (Dec '11) 2 hr Go Blue Forever 12,988
S tilhaus Kitchens Warrington 4 hr tongsampah106 1
Islamophobophobia: Politically Correct Persecution 11 hr Ted 1
James Holmes attorney admits to mistakes in pre... 16 hr SMOKIN BABOONS 5
last post wins! (Feb '11) 16 hr NotaGoth 24,671
Review: AB Video Services Tue amanullahsupauli 1
Denver Dating
Find my Match

Denver People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Denver News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Denver