US school shooting revives gun debate

There are 20 comments on the Dec 14, 2012, Yahoo! story titled US school shooting revives gun debate. In it, Yahoo! reports that:

Relatives of those killed in past mass shootings reacted with outrage to Friday's news of another massacre at an elementary school in Connecticut.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Yahoo!.

downhill246

Boca Raton, FL

#1938 Feb 1, 2013
Cathouse Mouse wrote:
<quoted text>
There's already a ban on foreign made assault rifles entering this country, per GHW Bush.
http://www.nytimes.com/1989/07/08/us/import-b...
You should refrain from thinking I don't know what I'm talking about.
So now the AK 47 semi automatic assault stytle rifle is made in America.

FOR SALE: AK-47 - NEW IN BOX - MADE IN AMERICA

Price:$695.00 Seller: Private Party Listings by this user
Listed On:Thursday, December 10, 2009nListed In:RiflesLocation: Raleigh, Raleigh / Durham / CH, North Carolina - Map
Caliber: 7.62x39 Action: Semi-automatic Firearm Type: Rifle Flag | Edit | Favorite For sale is a brand new, never been fired, American made (made in NC) AK-47 rifle with side folding TAPCO stock.

Make: I.O. Inc.
Model: AK47-C
Cartridge: 7.62x39mm

It features:
-US made receiver
-US made 16-1/4" barrel
-US made polymer ergonomic pistol grip
-US made TAPCO polymer side folding stock
-US made TAPCO non-slap trigger
-Overall length: 36"
-Weight: 6 lbs
-Includes sling
-Includes one 30 round Thermold magazine

Since: Aug 10

Cathouse Mouse

#1939 Feb 1, 2013
Minister of Propaganda wrote:
<quoted text>As I said in my statement which you failed to read, they are imported under the term "sporterized" and are easily modified back to their original form and are completely legal. So, in a nutshell, you do not know what you are talking about, or you have the retentive power of a sieve. Would you like your crow before or after I post a list of websites currently LEGALLY selling detachable magazine semi automatic shotguns manufactured in Russia? They move the trigger assembly back, and remove the pistol grip. New owner buys the legal shotgun, removed 2 pins, relocated the trigger assembly, installs pistol grip, and changes a few more parts to American made, and then has a semi auto assault shotgun. The same thing can be done with the .308 caliber, and 7.62x39 models as well as a few others I do not remember. This is the problem with people crying for gun control. Most of the people calling for all these strict measures haven't bothered to read up on anything. They are as ignorant as you.
Maybe you didn't read the link.

Modifications are considered manufacturing, thus creating an illegal operation, aka gun violation aka crime, thus removing you from "law abiding gun owner" status.

I think your only interest is to argue and call people names.

“Heaven beside you”

Level 2

Since: Jan 12

Hell within

#1940 Feb 1, 2013
Cathouse Mouse wrote:
<quoted text>
Maybe you didn't read the link.
Modifications are considered manufacturing, thus creating an illegal operation, aka gun violation aka crime, thus removing you from "law abiding gun owner" status.
I think your only interest is to argue and call people names.
As I said, had you consulted the ATF website you would understand that modifying a firearm as described is perfectly legal, when you follow the guidelines. So you are incorrect once again, calling it a crime to modify said weapon. I believe if you search 922 compliance parts on the ATF website you will find the info I mentioned, but I don't think you bothered to educate yourself on short barreled weapons, so I am most likely wasting my time offering you further resources. Your comment about calling names is quite humorous. I have noticed your barefoot friend repeatedly call others names, but apparently it is ok with you, as long as they agree with you.

Level 5

Since: Feb 11

Location hidden

#1941 Feb 1, 2013
just another guy wrote:
The attempt to ban any weapon they choose will sparl a civil war.
NY passed the ban.

I guess the Civil War is coming as soon as the gun gnutters load up theys pickup trucks.

Cathouse Mouse

#1942 Feb 1, 2013
Minister of Propaganda wrote:
<quoted text>As I said, had you consulted the ATF website you would understand that modifying a firearm as described is perfectly legal, when you follow the guidelines. So you are incorrect once again, calling it a crime to modify said weapon. I believe if you search 922 compliance parts on the ATF website you will find the info I mentioned, but I don't think you bothered to educate yourself on short barreled weapons, so I am most likely wasting my time offering you further resources. Your comment about calling names is quite humorous. I have noticed your barefoot friend repeatedly call others names, but apparently it is ok with you, as long as they agree with you.
Did I not already say in this thread that any weapon can be owned with proper permits?

Did I not also say that any weapon the Government chooses can be deemed illegal?

It appears that your issue with me is the legality of US manufactured firearms that have been modified with foreign parts.

C o r r e c t ?

Can I safely assume that this modification is a "do it yourself" thing thus in most cases not done by a licensed gunsmith - or is that a stretch?

Cathouse Mouse

#1943 Feb 1, 2013
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
NY passed the ban.
I guess the Civil War is coming as soon as the gun gnutters load up theys pickup trucks.
Why do these righties always want me to go read it somewhere else, or copy'paste from some site? How come when they're asked something they can't respond with their own opinion, instead of needing to Google first? I find solice in thinking about how many I've helped educate by sending them on researches.

TOPIX!- Where lern'n happens!!

Level 5

Location hidden

#1944 Feb 1, 2013
Cathouse Mouse wrote:
<quoted text>
Why do these righties always want me to go read it somewhere else, or copy'paste from some site?
rhetorical, right?

why does au dumbo pretend he isn't using another alias (aliaseseses)?

Is there someone on Topix he thinks is fooled?

Level 6

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#1945 Feb 1, 2013
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>You have already been proved wrong.

You stomping your feet doesn't make you any smarter or doesn't change the lie.

Do American felons have a right to bear arms?
Are you seriously asking the question or are you being rhetorical? Either way you're thoughts seem as limited as you maturity.

Level 6

Location hidden

#1946 Feb 1, 2013
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>They aren't.
Yes they are. It's called the Bill of Rights.

Level 6

Location hidden

#1947 Feb 1, 2013
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>Worst recession since WWII.

Look it up.

Highest level unemployment.

Look it up.

Stomp your feet all you like.
Nothing to back it up right. Limited thoughts and maturity make you thick.

Level 5

Location hidden

#1948 Feb 1, 2013
Respect71 wrote:
Either way you're thoughts seem as limited as you maturity.
~stomp stomp stomp~!

WAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH! WAHHHHHHHHHHHHH! MOMMMY! he's so imMATURE!

~stomp stomp stomp~!

DOLT: you already told us a fifteen year old has a "constitutional" right to carry a weapon and now it's a felon.

I'm not surprised, just want you to post it so when others wonder why you are mocked, I can quote you verbatim.

Level 5

Location hidden

#1949 Feb 1, 2013
Respect71 wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes they are. It's called the Bill of Rights.
The Bill of Rights does not grant minors all other rights citizens have.

Level 5

Location hidden

#1950 Feb 1, 2013
Respect71 wrote:
<quoted text>
Nothing to back it up right.
I don't back up the statement that the sun comes up in the east either.

But the recession wasn't as bad as I said it was- or that unemployment wasn't the highest (10.8 percent) since WWII - you can hold it over my head and I shouldn't post anymore in this thread.

I am certain you will make the same offer.

Tell us: Since WWII, when was the level unemployment higher than under Reagan?

Level 6

Location hidden

#1951 Feb 1, 2013
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>~stomp stomp stomp~!

WAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH! WAHHHHHHHHHHHHH! MOMMMY! he's so imMATURE!

~stomp stomp stomp~!

DOLT: you already told us a fifteen year old has a "constitutional" right to carry a weapon and now it's a felon.

I'm not surprised, just want you to post it so when others wonder why you are mocked, I can quote you verbatim.
I'm guessing 9. Because my 10 year old has more maturity and thought than you.

Level 6

Location hidden

#1952 Feb 1, 2013
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>The Bill of Rights does not grant minors all other rights citizens have.
Really. And what's your basis? Who told you that? What document exempts kids from right given by God?

Level 6

Location hidden

#1953 Feb 1, 2013
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>I don't back up the statement that the sun comes up in the east either.

But the recession wasn't as bad as I said it was- or that unemployment wasn't the highest (10.8 percent) since WWII - you can hold it over my head and I shouldn't post anymore in this thread.

I am certain you will make the same offer.

Tell us: Since WWII, when was the level unemployment higher than under Reagan?
So to you the only think that matters is unemployment? What about GDP, profits, growth, stagnation, inflation, or how does taxes play into economics?
Our president Obama claimed that the recession of 2008 was the worst since the Great Depression, was he wrong?

You don't think well do you?

Cathouse Mouse

#1954 Feb 1, 2013
This is a gun debate thread. Not taxes, not GDP, not the economy.

It's about people with guns killing children and what should be done about it.

Stay focused.

Level 5

Location hidden

#1955 Feb 1, 2013
Respect71 wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm guessing 9. Because my 10 year old has more maturity and thought than you.
WAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH! MOMMY! I can dish it out but ~SOB!~ I can't take it!

WAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!

Level 5

Location hidden

#1956 Feb 1, 2013
Respect71 wrote:
Really. And what's your basis?
Let me know the very minute you find that the US court backs your assertion: that 15 year olds have a constitutional right to carry the firearm.

Since all 50 states have laws restricting access and ownership to minors.

Here's one that says you are wrong:
(quote)
United States v. Rene E., 583 F.3d 8 (1st Cir. 2009) On August 31, 2009, the First Circuit affirmed the conviction of a juvenile for the illegal possession of a handgun as a juvenile, under 18 U.S.C. 922(x)(2)(A) and 18 U.S.C. 5032, rejecting the defendant's argument that the federal law violated his Second Amendment rights under Heller.

The court cited "the existence of a longstanding tradition of prohibiting juveniles from both receiving and possessing handguns" and observed "the federal ban on juvenile possession of handguns is part of a longstanding practice of prohibiting certain classes of individuals from possessing firearms those whose possession poses a particular danger to the public.

Level 5

Location hidden

#1957 Feb 1, 2013
Respect71 wrote:
<
You don't think well do you?
Still waiting for you to prove my statement was wrong: you're all mouth, big soft sticky mouth.

Highest unemployment since WWII Reagan. Proved.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Denver Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Colo. gay discrimination alleged over wedding cake (Jun '13) 4 min Reverend Alan 19,773
~:Any Word:~ (Sep '13) 32 min Red_Forman 106
You rule the planet. How do you save the human... (Dec '12) 9 hr Pastor Hymen 1,317
NutriMost - New Diet Scam 9 hr Tanya 2
Hung guys snapchats 20 hr DirtyDiane 2
News Lawmakers Consider Gay Discrimination Policies Sat Jonah1 3,229
Republicans the party of LIARS (Dec '11) Sat You can call me Dick 17,444
More from around the web

Denver People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]