US school shooting revives gun debate

Dec 14, 2012 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: Yahoo!

Relatives of those killed in past mass shootings reacted with outrage to Friday's news of another massacre at an elementary school in Connecticut.

Comments
1,781 - 1,800 of 2,340 Comments Last updated Mar 31, 2013

“Low Information Outreach”

Level 3

Since: Jun 12

Under the Castle Rock

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#1917
Jan 31, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Cathouse Mouse wrote:
Realistically speaking, the biggest thing gun addicts have to graon about at this time is that there is a very real probablitiy that you are going to have to register yourself and every weapon you own. You will then likley to be subjected to random checks for menatl stability and staus of your weapons.
You aren't going to like it, but you might as well to accept that right now and begin getting over it.
Timmay!

Since: Aug 10

Cathouse Mouse

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#1918
Jan 31, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Respect71 wrote:
<quoted text>
You don't get it do you... It's not about guns it about rights.
But you want to impose your ideals on others so you don't care about rights. right?
How so?

You are asking for the right to own an illegal weapon.

Request denied.

Level 5

Since: Feb 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#1919
Jan 31, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

U R fn super troll wrote:
<quoted text>
Looks like you should be barefoot and are getting rode backback by all those gay liberal faggot friends.
Sounds like a fantasy you play over and over in your head, waiting for Friday to come, so you can put on your fat dress and go play it out, why wait for Marde Gras when you can play it every weekend, eh?

Level 5

Since: Feb 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#1920
Jan 31, 2013
 

Judged:

1

Respect71 wrote:
<quoted text>
Letís begin with the (modest) successes of this era. In 1981, the president signed into law significant cuts in government spending and tax rates. Reaganís ďhistoricĒ turnaround
Funny how you skipped over the WORST recession and the HIGHEST unemployment that followed Reagan's tax cut... HIGHER than it ever reached under Obama- who was handed the mess from another trickle down dimbulb.

the historic "turnaround"? do you mean the S&L crisis and bank failures which distracted America from the 10.8 unemployment?
just another guy

Hurst, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#1921
Jan 31, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Cathouse Mouse wrote:
<quoted text>
How so?
You are asking for the right to own an illegal weapon.
Request denied.
There is no such thing as an illegal weapon. There are only illegal infringements on rights. I will never ASK PERMISSION to own a firearm. Your "request denied" can be inserted in an orifice. You can even pick the orifice.

Level 6

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#1922
Feb 1, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Cathouse Mouse wrote:
<quoted text>
How so?
You are asking for the right to own an illegal weapon.
Request denied.
I am not asking, I am telling you it is the Constitutional right for ALL Americans to bear arms.
Your denial is in vain.

Level 6

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#1923
Feb 1, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
Funny how you skipped over the WORST recession and the HIGHEST unemployment that followed Reagan's tax cut... HIGHER than it ever reached under Obama- who was handed the mess from another trickle down dimbulb.
the historic "turnaround"? do you mean the S&L crisis and bank failures which distracted America from the 10.8 unemployment?
Funny how your statement has nothing to back it upÖ History is already doneÖ not matter who you try to blame you canít.

Since: Aug 10

Cathouse Mouse

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#1924
Feb 1, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

Respect71 wrote:
<quoted text>
I am not asking, I am telling you it is the Constitutional right for ALL Americans to bear arms.
Your denial is in vain.
I know what you're telling me. I'm telling you that Constitutional rights are not absolute, as you would have me believe. If you doubt that to be true, then test me. Take one of your convict cousins down to Walmart and run his background check to purchase a semi-automatic rifle or a Desert Eagle and see how that pans out for everybody.

Level 6

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#1925
Feb 1, 2013
 
Cathouse Mouse wrote:
<quoted text>
I know what you're telling me. I'm telling you that Constitutional rights are not absolute, as you would have me believe. If you doubt that to be true, then test me. Take one of your convict cousins down to Walmart and run his background check to purchase a semi-automatic rifle or a Desert Eagle and see how that pans out for everybody.
Iím telling you our rights are absolute. The exception is the abuse of that right. That doesnít mean the government can make firearms illegal for those who donít abuse the right and think it effects the ones who do.

Since: Aug 10

Cathouse Mouse

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#1926
Feb 1, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

Respect71 wrote:
<quoted text>
Iím telling you our rights are absolute. The exception is the abuse of that right. That doesnít mean the government can make firearms illegal for those who donít abuse the right and think it effects the ones who do.
You may want to sit down for this .....

The Federal Government can make any weapon they choose illegal for you to own, they just can't make ALL weapons illegal for you to own ... thus keeping your 2nd amendment "right" squarely in tact.

We all remember Charlton Heston's famous words ... "from my cold dead hands" ... do you remember that?

Loook at what weapon he was holding high in the air for everyone to see as he uttered those now famous words;

http://patdollard.com/wp-content/uploads/2013...

Your response?

Level 6

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#1928
Feb 1, 2013
 
Cathouse Mouse wrote:
<quoted text>
You may want to sit down for this .....
The Federal Government can make any weapon they choose illegal for you to own, they just can't make ALL weapons illegal for you to own ... thus keeping your 2nd amendment "right" squarely in tact.
We all remember Charlton Heston's famous words ... "from my cold dead hands" ... do you remember that?
Loook at what weapon he was holding high in the air for everyone to see as he uttered those now famous words;
http://patdollard.com/wp-content/uploads/2013...
Your response?
You need to sit down. They canít, why because itís unconstitutional.
He was a good man.

Level 5

Since: Feb 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#1929
Feb 1, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

Respect71 wrote:
<quoted text>
I am not asking, I am telling you it is the Constitutional right for ALL Americans to bear arms.
You have already been proved wrong.

You stomping your feet doesn't make you any smarter or doesn't change the lie.

Do American felons have a right to bear arms?

Level 5

Since: Feb 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#1930
Feb 1, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

Respect71 wrote:
Iím telling you our rights are absolute.
They aren't.

Level 5

Since: Feb 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#1931
Feb 1, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

Respect71 wrote:
Funny how your statement has nothing to back it upÖ
Worst recession since WWII.

Look it up.

Highest level unemployment.

Look it up.

Stomp your feet all you like.

Level 5

Since: Feb 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#1932
Feb 1, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

just another guy wrote:
There is no such thing as an illegal weapon.
~stomp stomp stomp~

“Heaven beside you”

Level 2

Since: Jan 12

Hell within

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#1933
Feb 1, 2013
 
Cathouse Mouse wrote:
<quoted text>
How does that coincide with an absoluteness of the 2nd Amendment? Are those shotguns banned or not?
And furthermore, decribe the difference in that rule and the one proposed currently by Sen Feinstein concerning assault weaponry.
Actually, I was just correcting you on your statement, which was in fact false. You can own any kind of a shotgun you want, including a fully automatic shotgun with an 8 inch barrel assuming you file the proper paperwork. As for how a short barreled shotgun or rifle coincide with Feinsteins bill, they do not. Perhaps you should follow the advice I gave you in my previous post and consult the ATF website, so you do not make such errors in the future. Feinstein wants to ban anything with a detachable magazine that has military features. The problem here is, these military weapons will be manufactured overseas, they will be "sporterized" to exclude the military features. Once they are in the country, people will be free to change them back to their original form. The ATF has a rule about how many foreign parts are on a modified gun. You replace a number of the foreign made parts in your gun with US made parts, and voila, you have a perfectly legal weapon. Another thing you may not realize.... This Bushmaster rifle that is so popular now, and has been involved in many of the shootings, well, it became popular after the original assault weapons ban was enacted, because it was not included in that ban. We all know there will not be an outright ban on these weapons. The ones in the country now will be grandfathered in. The market is flooded with them right now, so a ban on new imports won't amount to much.
just another guy

Fort Collins, CO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#1934
Feb 1, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Cathouse Mouse wrote:
<quoted text>
You may want to sit down for this .....
The Federal Government can make any weapon they choose illegal for you to own, they just can't make ALL weapons illegal for you to own ... thus keeping your 2nd amendment "right" squarely in tact.
You may want to hold on to your panties. The attempt to ban any weapon they choose will sparl a civil war. There is no way you tell a rational person that banning any type of firearm is not an infringement on our rights.

When the government picks and chooses the laws they enforce, and those who they enforce them on, it spurs contempt for the law. People will then feel free to pick and choose the laws they follow.

The current administration is pushing people toward anarchy.

Since: Aug 10

Cathouse Mouse

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#1935
Feb 1, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

Minister of Propaganda wrote:
<quoted text>Actually, I was just correcting you on your statement, which was in fact false. You can own any kind of a shotgun you want, including a fully automatic shotgun with an 8 inch barrel assuming you file the proper paperwork. As for how a short barreled shotgun or rifle coincide with Feinsteins bill, they do not. Perhaps you should follow the advice I gave you in my previous post and consult the ATF website, so you do not make such errors in the future. Feinstein wants to ban anything with a detachable magazine that has military features. The problem here is, these military weapons will be manufactured overseas, they will be "sporterized" to exclude the military features. Once they are in the country, people will be free to change them back to their original form. The ATF has a rule about how many foreign parts are on a modified gun. You replace a number of the foreign made parts in your gun with US made parts, and voila, you have a perfectly legal weapon. Another thing you may not realize.... This Bushmaster rifle that is so popular now, and has been involved in many of the shootings, well, it became popular after the original assault weapons ban was enacted, because it was not included in that ban. We all know there will not be an outright ban on these weapons. The ones in the country now will be grandfathered in. The market is flooded with them right now, so a ban on new imports won't amount to much.
There's already a ban on foreign made assault rifles entering this country, per GHW Bush.

http://www.nytimes.com/1989/07/08/us/import-b...

You should refrain from thinking I don't know what I'm talking about.

Since: Aug 10

Cathouse Mouse

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#1936
Feb 1, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

just another guy wrote:
<quoted text>
You may want to hold on to your panties. The attempt to ban any weapon they choose will sparl a civil war.
I figure the same link will suffice for you as well.

http://www.nytimes.com/1989/07/08/us/import-b...

No, the nation didn't break out in Civil War.

“Heaven beside you”

Level 2

Since: Jan 12

Hell within

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#1937
Feb 1, 2013
 
Cathouse Mouse wrote:
<quoted text>
There's already a ban on foreign made assault rifles entering this country, per GHW Bush.
http://www.nytimes.com/1989/07/08/us/import-b...
You should refrain from thinking I don't know what I'm talking about.
As I said in my statement which you failed to read, they are imported under the term "sporterized" and are easily modified back to their original form and are completely legal. So, in a nutshell, you do not know what you are talking about, or you have the retentive power of a sieve. Would you like your crow before or after I post a list of websites currently LEGALLY selling detachable magazine semi automatic shotguns manufactured in Russia? They move the trigger assembly back, and remove the pistol grip. New owner buys the legal shotgun, removed 2 pins, relocated the trigger assembly, installs pistol grip, and changes a few more parts to American made, and then has a semi auto assault shotgun. The same thing can be done with the .308 caliber, and 7.62x39 models as well as a few others I do not remember. This is the problem with people crying for gun control. Most of the people calling for all these strict measures haven't bothered to read up on anything. They are as ignorant as you.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

11 Users are viewing the Denver Forum right now

Search the Denver Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Colo. gay discrimination alleged over wedding cake (Jun '13) 50 min lides 2,558
Who likes opiates? 1 hr LenB 10
WOMEN, Take Those WEAVES Out Your Hair! 2 hr Pastor Peter Thomas 5
Republicans the party of LIARS (Dec '11) 12 hr Brian_G 12,242
Ban the user above you game (Oct '11) Fri Petal Power 2,781
You rule the planet. How do you save the human... (Dec '12) Fri Kawalski 1,233
Dog, team gone? (Sep '06) Thu Venom 706
•••
•••
•••
•••

Denver Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Denver People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Denver News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Denver
•••

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]
•••