US school shooting revives gun debate

Dec 14, 2012 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: Yahoo!

Relatives of those killed in past mass shootings reacted with outrage to Friday's news of another massacre at an elementary school in Connecticut.

Comments (Page 87)

Showing posts 1,721 - 1,740 of2,342
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
sociopathic Liberals

Orland, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 29, 2013

Judged:

Cathouse Mouse wrote:
<quoted text>
You're under some kinda impression that I took a course on how to argue with righties?
hahahahahahahaha
hahahahahahahaha
hahahahahahahaha
hahahahahahahaha
Well ..... don't you just think you're special??? hahaha
I never said that took any course in anything!
But you sure do have alinski's rule #5 down pat...now don't cha???
It's just a lying liberal thing, to try and belittle those that show and prove you liberals for the complete liars and oblamer's useful idiots that you are.

“Liberal Teachers ruin Kids”

Level 8

Since: Mar 09

Paradise Valley Arizona

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 29, 2013

Judged:

Hillary:‘Great Hope’ To One Day Work With Terrorist Group Hamas

http://patdollard.com/2013/01/hillary-great-h...
just another guy

Fort Collins, CO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 29, 2013

Judged:

Cathouse Mouse wrote:
<quoted text>
Interesting? Maybe. True? Hardly.
(CNN)-- An Oregon sheriff says he will not enforce any federal regulation that President Barack Obama lays out in his package of gun control proposals Wednesday.
Linn County Sheriff Tim Mueller joins several other public officials across the nation who have decided to square off with the White House even before it outlines what its plans are for expanded measures.
Mueller sent a letter to Vice President Joe Biden this week saying he won't enforce any federal regulation "offending the constitutional rights of my citizens." He won't permit federal officers to come to his county to enforce such laws either, he said.
Mueller's defiant stand exploded into a groundswell of support. His letter -- posted on the department's Facebook page -- earned more than 59,000 likes and shares -- and was growing by the minute.
Over the weekend, Sheriff Denny Peyman of Jackson County, Kentucky, said that he too would disobey any directive from the administration. He told residents in a town hall meeting that the sheriff has more power than the federal government.
"They need to go back and study that. We are a commonwealth. I can ask federal people to leave, they have to leave. I can ask state people to leave, they have to leave," he said.
Gun policy should not be guided by gut-level reactions to mass shootings in Aurora last July and at a Connecticut elementary school last month, the County Sheriffs of Colorado says in a position paper outlining a tough stance against legislation expected to be proposed soon by state Democrats.
"It is the sheriffs' opinion that all gun control bills be tabled for at least a year to encourage rational deliberation before any decisions are made," the group wrote.
The non-partisan professional association, which represents Colorado's 62 elected
Extras: Gun Control Position Paper
Read the gun control position paper released by the County Sheriffs of Colorado
sheriffs, also opposes assault weapons and high-capacity ammunition magazine bans.
Efforts to craft legislation on both of these issues are being made by lawmakers at the state Capitol. However, details of such legislation have not been announced.
"Law enforcement officers carry high-capacity magazines because there are times when 10 rounds might not be enough to end the threat,"the group wrote. "County Sheriffs of Colorado believe the same should be hold true for civilians who wish to defend themselves, especially if attacked by multiple assailants."
Executive Director Christopher H. Olson said the memo is the reflects the opinion of a majority of sheriffs.
"I haven't had had one sheriff that says 'I absolutely don't agree with what's being said in this paper,' " Olson said.
Sheriffs in El Paso, Larimer, Garfield and Weld counties in the past few weeks issued similar opinions, though directed largely at President Barack Obama's 23 executive orders intended to crack down on gun violence. They were joined by county commissioners from El Paso County and, on Monday, from Weld County who said any new gun laws are a threat to the Second Amendment right to bear arms.
Although the sheriff's association stated its support for Second Amendment right, the position paper focused on legislative efforts to strengthen gun laws.
Just a couple of the articles you will find if you search "sheriffs oppose gun laws".
Guess it is true. Maybe you should read more before you spout off.

Since: Aug 10

Cathouse Mouse

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 29, 2013

Judged:

sociopathic Liberals wrote:
<quoted text>
I never said that took any course in anything!
But you sure do have alinski's rule #5 down pat...now don't cha???
It's just a lying liberal thing, to try and belittle those that show and prove you liberals for the complete liars and oblamer's useful idiots that you are.
Anyone feeling belittled by me was undoubtably already well on their way.

Cathouse Mouse

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 29, 2013

Judged:

just another guy wrote:
<quoted text>
(CNN)-- An Oregon sheriff says he will not enforce any federal regulation that President Barack Obama lays out in his package of gun control proposals Wednesday.
Linn County Sheriff Tim Mueller joins several other public officials across the nation who have decided to square off with the White House even before it outlines what its plans are for expanded measures.
Mueller sent a letter to Vice President Joe Biden this week saying he won't enforce any federal regulation "offending the constitutional rights of my citizens." He won't permit federal officers to come to his county to enforce such laws either, he said.
Mueller's defiant stand exploded into a groundswell of support. His letter -- posted on the department's Facebook page -- earned more than 59,000 likes and shares -- and was growing by the minute.
Over the weekend, Sheriff Denny Peyman of Jackson County, Kentucky, said that he too would disobey any directive from the administration. He told residents in a town hall meeting that the sheriff has more power than the federal government.
"They need to go back and study that. We are a commonwealth. I can ask federal people to leave, they have to leave. I can ask state people to leave, they have to leave," he said.
Gun policy should not be guided by gut-level reactions to mass shootings in Aurora last July and at a Connecticut elementary school last month, the County Sheriffs of Colorado says in a position paper outlining a tough stance against legislation expected to be proposed soon by state Democrats.
"It is the sheriffs' opinion that all gun control bills be tabled for at least a year to encourage rational deliberation before any decisions are made," the group wrote.
The non-partisan professional association, which represents Colorado's 62 elected
Extras: Gun Control Position Paper
Read the gun control position paper released by the County Sheriffs of Colorado
sheriffs, also opposes assault weapons and high-capacity ammunition magazine bans.
Efforts to craft legislation on both of these issues are being made by lawmakers at the state Capitol. However, details of such legislation have not been announced.
"Law enforcement officers carry high-capacity magazines because there are times when 10 rounds might not be enough to end the threat,"the group wrote. "County Sheriffs of Colorado believe the same should be hold true for civilians who wish to defend themselves, especially if attacked by multiple assailants."
Executive Director Christopher H. Olson said the memo is the reflects the opinion of a majority of sheriffs.
"I haven't had had one sheriff that says 'I absolutely don't agree with what's being said in this paper,' " Olson said.
Sheriffs in El Paso, Larimer, Garfield and Weld counties in the past few weeks issued similar opinions, though directed largely at President Barack Obama's 23 executive orders intended to crack down on gun violence. They were joined by county commissioners from El Paso County and, on Monday, from Weld County who said any new gun laws are a threat to the Second Amendment right to bear arms.
Although the sheriff's association stated its support for Second Amendment right, the position paper focused on legislative efforts to strengthen gun laws.
Just a couple of the articles you will find if you search "sheriffs oppose gun laws".
Guess it is true. Maybe you should read more before you spout off.
A sheriff in Oregon is somewhat different from "County Sheriffs all over the nation" .....

... wouldn't you agree?

I'm sure Sheriff Arpaio has no intent to obey any new laws either, but he will. How hilariously ironic would it be for Joe Arpaio to end up in his own jail.

“Rico's Are Everywhere”

Level 5

Since: Dec 09

Gangland, North America

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 29, 2013

Judged:

Respect71 wrote:
<quoted text>
“Like the study says.... right wingnuts are quick to attack muslims for allegations of terrorism by muslims even when no proof exist....” You mean like Munich Massacre" 1973, Grand Mosque Seizure 1979, Approx. 250 Dead, 600 wounded, April 1983 U.S. Embassy bombing, Beirut, Lebanon by the Islamic Jihad Organization, 63 dead, 120 injured, World Trade Center bombing, in New York City in 1993 6 killed, 1993 Bombay bombings. Mumbai, India. 257 dead, 713 injured, 1998 United States embassy bombings in Tanzania and Kenya. 224 dead. 4000+ injured, 1998 United States embassy bombings in Tanzania and Kenya. 224 dead. 4000+ injured, USS Cole bombing at a Yemen port, October 12, 2000. 17 American sailors were killed, 39 injured, 11 September 2001 – 4 planes hijacked by 19 al-Qaeda hijackers: two planes crashed into World Trade Center and one into the The Pentagon. Nearly 3000 dead, or the Madrid train bombings 2004,191 killed, 1460 injured, and this is a VERY SHORT LIST… Based on the evidence you have ZERO credibility and anything you say after your ridiculous,“allegations of terrorism by muslims even when no proof exist” Comment is null and void.
The West Point study focuses on right wing groups associated to US domestic terrorism. Anyways, thanks for proving one of many points of the West Point study that right wingers are quick to point fingers at muslim related terrorism but makes haste to turn a blind eye to right wing related domestic terrorism in the USA.

“Rico's Are Everywhere”

Level 5

Gangland, North America

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 29, 2013

Vance1 wrote:
Hillary:‘Great Hope’ To One Day Work With Terrorist Group Hamas
http://patdollard.com/2013/01/hillary-great-h...
It sounds crazy but as they always say... keep your friends close and your enemies closer.

“Rico's Are Everywhere”

Level 5

Gangland, North America

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 29, 2013

Cathouse Mouse wrote:
<quoted text>
A sheriff in Oregon is somewhat different from "County Sheriffs all over the nation" .....
... wouldn't you agree?
I'm sure Sheriff Arpaio has no intent to obey any new laws either, but he will. How hilariously ironic would it be for Joe Arpaio to end up in his own jail.
Arpaio would be the first of the American dissidents to be rounded up by Federal Marshall's for disregarding Federal Law and Obama will have front row seats on that one!!!
The Infantile left Winged

Chico, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 29, 2013

Judged:

Cathouse Mouse wrote:
<quoted text>
Anyone feeling belittled by me was undoubtably already well on their way.
What part of "try to belittle" do you not understand???
You keep going to rule #5, and it continues to fail miserably.
You know why? Because your limp dick liberal attacks are all lies!
And limp dick liberal... the truth WILL ALWAYS prevail over your pitiful lies!

Chico, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 29, 2013

Judged:

Rico from East Los II wrote:
<quoted text>
Arpaio would be the first of the American dissidents to be rounded up by Federal Marshall's for disregarding Federal Law and Obama will have front row seats on that one!!!
Arpaio would be the one to throw oblamer in prison for treason and sedition! LMAO And I would have a great time watching that!

“Rico's Are Everywhere”

Level 5

Gangland, North America

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 29, 2013

Judged:

The Infantile left Winged wrote:
<quoted text>
Arpaio would be the one to throw oblamer in prison for treason and sedition! LMAO And I would have a great time watching that!
That bigoted Sheriff could not get within a mile of Obama without some drone dropping a "special delivery" on his fat azz.

Chico, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 29, 2013

Judged:

<quoted text>
That bigoted Sheriff could not get within a mile of Obama without some drone dropping a "special delivery" on his fat azz.
Ooohhh nooooo! Your precious king oblamer the liar.
The king has no clothes!!!
How pathetic can one get? LMAO Liberals?????????

And this post above? It is what is known as the compassionate liberal
ROTFLMAO at you!

Cathouse Mouse

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 29, 2013

Judged:

<quoted text>
What part of "try to belittle" do you not understand???
You keep going to rule #5, and it continues to fail miserably.
You know why? Because your limp dick liberal attacks are all lies!
And limp dick liberal... the truth WILL ALWAYS prevail over your pitiful lies!
Or ...

... maybe I'm just too smart for you to read without it piss'n you off. Reckon could that be it?

Do tell what I've ever called you or any other rightie here comparible to "limp dick liberal".

Maybe you didn't get the MEMO pal, Governor Hadji Jindal sent out orders for you righties to be more kind and respectful to potentially persuadable voters like me. AND - Governor Boss Haley is backing him on it.
just another guy

Fort Collins, CO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 29, 2013

Judged:

Cathouse Mouse wrote:
<quoted text>
... wouldn't you agree?
It wouldn't surprise me if he did end up in his own jail. After all, questioning the messiah has to be some sort of crime. The administration has continually hounded law abiding people and turned a blind eye to those who are criminal in the district of criminals.

Maybe you should have kept reading. EVERY sheriff in Colorado refuses to enforce new gun laws. They are adamantly opposed to restrictions on magazine capacity.

I quit there as I had used up my 4000 characters. There are sheriffs all across the country opposed to new gun laws. All a new gun law will do is cause a civil war.
downhill246

Boca Raton, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 29, 2013

Judged:

Cathouse Mouse wrote:
<quoted text>
^^^ I would like for you to focus on this particular part of what you wrote ^^^
Nobody is arguing that. Not here - not in Washington D.C.
You, nor anyone else here can provide any piece of legislative proposals by any Congress member -NOR- the President that violates your right to arm yourself.
You can't do it so don't waste any time trying.
Irrelevant, the post was directed at the implied collective right of the 2nd Amendment and had nothing to do with the government infringing on the right to be armed.

Cathouse Mouse

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 29, 2013

Judged:

downhill246 wrote:
<quoted text>
Irrelevant, the post was directed at the implied collective right of the 2nd Amendment and had nothing to do with the government infringing on the right to be armed.
How about a compromise?

http://www.rubberbandguns.com/

Chico, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 29, 2013

Judged:

Cathouse Mouse wrote:
<quoted text>
Or ...
... maybe I'm just too smart for you to read without it piss'n you off. Reckon could that be it?
Something or one as pitiful as you piss'n me off??? ROTFLMAO!
I've got a life, and much better things to do than to be pissed off at something like you!!!
I come on topix for entertainment and to prove those like you as the pathetic oblamer lemming, liar, useful idiots that you are!
So you, outhouse mouse, are the one who rates their self way above what they are! You are nothing more than a typical hate filled liberal coward, who spews their vile attacks on topix while they hide behind their keyboard!!! ROTFLMAO at you!
greyghost

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 30, 2013

Judged:

the A.R.-15 was never used @ sandy hook im hearing the gunman was found dead with a pistol. the rifle was seen being taken from the trunck of his car by a p.o. and the mom was C.I.A. and the dad was murdered for stealing from bank. actors brouht in. bodys kept for weeks. and other shootings all a plan by U.N a preset to the N.W.O. is war coming?i c cops at wal mart with breif cases buying up ammo. and were out here.

Level 6

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 30, 2013

Judged:

<quoted text>
The West Point study focuses on right wing groups associated to US domestic terrorism. Anyways, thanks for proving one of many points of the West Point study that right wingers are quick to point fingers at muslim related terrorism but makes haste to turn a blind eye to right wing related domestic terrorism in the USA.
You're going to need to be more specific and have some kind of point... You seem a little off

Cathouse Mouse

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 30, 2013

Judged:

<quoted text>
Something or one as pitiful as you piss'n me off??? ROTFLMAO!
I've got a life, and much better things to do than to be pissed off at something like you!!!
I come on topix for entertainment and to prove those like you as the pathetic oblamer lemming, liar, useful idiots that you are!
So you, outhouse mouse, are the one who rates their self way above what they are! You are nothing more than a typical hate filled liberal coward, who spews their vile attacks on topix while they hide behind their keyboard!!! ROTFLMAO at you!
I don't recall asking you why you're here.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1,721 - 1,740 of2,342
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

30 Users are viewing the Denver Forum right now

Search the Denver Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Smoke that Pot 2 hr Throckmorton Gildersleeve 1
BangItAmmo.com 12 hr The owner 4
7 best things to do in Denver this weekend 15 hr Trigger 10
Republicans the party of LIARS (Dec '11) 16 hr KarlVIIIII 11,385
Denver's first '420 Rally' since marijuana lega... 17 hr Native 2
Colo. gay discrimination alleged over wedding cake (Jun '13) 18 hr lides 1,441
Local Denver Street Gang Gets Exposure! (Mar '10) Tue Rick 254
•••
•••