US school shooting revives gun debate

Dec 14, 2012 Full story: Yahoo! 2,340

Relatives of those killed in past mass shootings reacted with outrage to Friday's news of another massacre at an elementary school in Connecticut.

Full Story

Level 6

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#1782 Jan 28, 2013
Death Kitten wrote:
<quoted text>
https://www.youtube.com/watch...
I agree. Plus they make the shooter very famous. I say we report shootings with headlines like "Some dumb ass shot up another public place* or "Lame coward shoots up a crowd" Never show his face, never report his name.
:)
“Willful retardation at it’s finest!” Love the video!

Irrational fears make one react the same.

Since: Aug 10

Cathouse Mouse

#1783 Jan 28, 2013
Just for the record, ..... I'm pretty sure cannons are banned from public use in most States.

Level 6

Location hidden

#1784 Jan 28, 2013
Wall Street Government wrote:
<quoted text>
"It does… Do you truly believe the founders only meant “muskets”? That’s why they stated “ARMS”.
No they didn't they also had rifles and some even had cannons.
" http://www.feinstein.senate.gov/public/index....
Yes it does infringe on the law abiding citizen… A ban on any type or style is a ban".
She was stating some semi-automatics that have a magazine capacity of more than 10 rounds.
Just because they ban those, doesn't mean they're going to take my .308, 2 shotguns and 2 pistols.
So no, it's NOT a ban or infringement.
I still have weapons!
"Columbine happened! Tell us how the ban would have stopped them?
Now that the real point".
No,it's the teabaggers point.
Incidence will still happen, you can't stop them but to prevent 40 people people from being killed in less time than it takes to watch the latest NRA commercial, it will be effective in the number of people killed and wounded.
“No they didn't they also had rifles and some even had cannons.” Your point is?

“She was stating some semi-automatics that have a magazine capacity of more than 10 rounds.

Just because they ban those, doesn't mean they're going to take my .308, 2 shotguns and 2 pistols.

So no, it's NOT a ban or infringement.” It is directly and infringement.

“I still have weapons!” Not ones that will protect you from anyone with “semi-automatics that have a magazine capacity of more than 10 rounds.”

“No,it's the teabaggers point.” Like I said you can’t refute the fact that it happened and the BAN did NOTHING to stop it.

“Incidence will still happen, you can't stop them but to prevent 40 people people from being killed in less time than it takes to watch the latest NRA commercial, it will be effective in the number of people killed and wounded.”“Willful retardation at it’s finest!”

Level 6

Location hidden

#1785 Jan 28, 2013
<quoted text>
It didn't.
Who is saying it should have?
Teabaggers.
All it can do, is lessen the damage.
Like columbine?“Willful retardation at it’s finest!”

Wall Street Government

Sebastian, FL

#1786 Jan 28, 2013
Respect71 wrote:
<quoted text>
“No they didn't they also had rifles and some even had cannons.” Your point is?
“She was stating some semi-automatics that have a magazine capacity of more than 10 rounds.
So no, it's NOT a ban or infringement.” It is directly and infringement.
“I still have weapons!” Not ones that will protect you from anyone with “semi-automatics that have a magazine capacity of more than 10 rounds.”
“No,it's the teabaggers point.” Like I said you can’t refute the fact that it happened and the BAN did NOTHING to stop it.
“Incidence will still happen, you can't stop them but to prevent 40 people people from being killed in less time than it takes to watch the latest NRA commercial, it will be effective in the number of people killed and wounded.”“Willful retardation at it’s finest!”
He has some valid points but is STILL insisting "they are coming to take my guns".

That's is NOT happening and will never happen.

Unless there is martial law declared and the constitution is suspended.

THANKS to the "Patriot" Act.

That's "willful retardation".
Wall Street Government

Sebastian, FL

#1787 Jan 28, 2013
Respect71 wrote:
<quoted text>
"They're coming to take all my guns".

WILLFULL retardation.

Level 6

Location hidden

#1788 Jan 28, 2013
<quoted text>
He has some valid points but is STILL insisting "they are coming to take my guns".
That's is NOT happening and will never happen.
Unless there is martial law declared and the constitution is suspended.
THANKS to the "Patriot" Act.
That's "willful retardation".
Your are right it won't happen, BECAUSE of the Second Amendment.

Level 6

Location hidden

#1789 Jan 28, 2013
<quoted text>
"They're coming to take all my guns".
WILLFULL retardation.
Repeating what YOU THINK people are saying, doesn't shine a flattering light on you.

Cathouse Mouse

#1790 Jan 28, 2013
Respect71 wrote:
<quoted text>
Your repetitive reference to Columbine is nonproductive in the advancement of the conversation in that you refuse to accept the obvious - that being we are trying to stop future Columbines.

Due to the undeniable fact that there are over 300 million guns in this country today, nobody will argue that we can stop the next one, or the next, or the hundred after that, no matter what solution ideas we initiate. But in order to stop shootings in 40 years, we must begin yesterday.

Level 6

Location hidden

#1791 Jan 28, 2013
Cathouse Mouse wrote:
<quoted text>
Your repetitive reference to Columbine is nonproductive in the advancement of the conversation in that you refuse to accept the obvious - that being we are trying to stop future Columbines.
Due to the undeniable fact that there are over 300 million guns in this country today, nobody will argue that we can stop the next one, or the next, or the hundred after that, no matter what solution ideas we initiate. But in order to stop shootings in 40 years, we must begin yesterday.
Must begin what?
Wall Street Government

Sebastian, FL

#1792 Jan 28, 2013
Respect71 wrote:
<quoted text>
Repeating what YOU THINK people are saying, doesn't shine a flattering light on you.
In the eyes of National Rifle Association (NRA) executive vice president Wayne LaPierre, President Barack Obama’s decision not to pursue gun control legislation is a “massive conspiracy,” and just another reason not to give him a second term.

“[The Obama campaign] will say gun owners — they’ll say they left them alone,” LaPierre told an audience at the Conservative Political Action Conference (CPAC) Friday.“In public, he’ll remind us that he’s put off calls from his party to renew the Clinton [assault weapons] ban, he hasn’t pushed for new gun control laws… The president will offer the Second Amendment lip service and hit the campaign trail saying he’s actually been good for the Second Amendment.”

“But it’s a big fat stinking lie!” the NRA leader exclaimed.“It’s all part of a massive Obama conspiracy to deceive voters and DESTROY the Second Amendment in our country.”

“Obama himself is no fool. So when he got elected, they concocted a scheme to stay away from the gun issue, lull gun owners to sleep and play us for fools in 2012. Well, gun owners are not fools and we are not fooled,” La Pierre declared.
Wall Street Government

Sebastian, FL

#1793 Jan 28, 2013
Respect71 wrote:
<quoted text>
Except Obama (through his gun-grabbing surrogate Dianne Feinstein) is saving time by banning all “assault” weapons and instituting a national gun registry all in one swoop.

If you think Obama doesn’t want to BAN ALL guns, I’ve got some swampland in Florida you might be interested in.

Look way back in 1999, and you will find that Obama “proposed sweeping federal gun control legislation that would increase the penalties for the interstate transportation of firearms, restrict gun purchases to one weapon a month, increase the licensing fee, and ban the sale of firearms at gun shows.”

Level 6

Location hidden

#1794 Jan 28, 2013
<quoted text>
In the eyes of National Rifle Association (NRA) executive vice president Wayne LaPierre, President Barack Obama’s decision not to pursue gun control legislation is a “massive conspiracy,” and just another reason not to give him a second term.
“[The Obama campaign] will say gun owners — they’ll say they left them alone,” LaPierre told an audience at the Conservative Political Action Conference (CPAC) Friday.“In public, he’ll remind us that he’s put off calls from his party to renew the Clinton [assault weapons] ban, he hasn’t pushed for new gun control laws… The president will offer the Second Amendment lip service and hit the campaign trail saying he’s actually been good for the Second Amendment.”
“But it’s a big fat stinking lie!” the NRA leader exclaimed.“It’s all part of a massive Obama conspiracy to deceive voters and DESTROY the Second Amendment in our country.”
“Obama himself is no fool. So when he got elected, they concocted a scheme to stay away from the gun issue, lull gun owners to sleep and play us for fools in 2012. Well, gun owners are not fools and we are not fooled,” La Pierre declared.
“the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed.”

Level 6

Location hidden

#1795 Jan 28, 2013
<quoted text>
Except Obama (through his gun-grabbing surrogate Dianne Feinstein) is saving time by banning all “assault” weapons and instituting a national gun registry all in one swoop.
If you think Obama doesn’t want to BAN ALL guns, I’ve got some swampland in Florida you might be interested in.
Look way back in 1999, and you will find that Obama “proposed sweeping federal gun control legislation that would increase the penalties for the interstate transportation of firearms, restrict gun purchases to one weapon a month, increase the licensing fee, and ban the sale of firearms at gun shows.”
“the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed.”
Wall Street Government

Sebastian, FL

#1796 Jan 28, 2013
Respect71 wrote:
<quoted text>
Here it is, folks, and it is bad news. The framework for legislation is always laid, and the Democrats have the votes to pass anything they want to impose upon us. They really do not believe you need anything more than a brick to defend your home and family. Look at the list and see how many you own. Remember, it is registration, then CONFISCATION. It has happened in the UK, in Australia, in Europe, in China, and what they have found is that for some reason the criminals do not turn in their weapons, but will know that you did.

Remember, the first step in establishing a dictatorship is to DISARM the citizens.

Gun-ban list proposed. Slipping below the radar (or under the short-term memory cap), the Democrats have already leaked a gun-ban list, even under the Bush administration when they knew full well it had no chance of passage (HR 1022, 110th Congress). It serves as a framework for the new list the Brady's plan to introduce shortly. I have an outline of the Brady's current plans and targets of opportunity. It's horrific. They're going after the courts, regulatory agencies, firearms dealers and statutes in an all out effort to restrict we the people. They've made little mention of criminals. Now more than ever, attention to the entire Bill of Rights is critical. Gun BANS will impact our freedoms under search and seizure, due process, confiscated property, states' rights, free speech, right to assemble and more, in addition to the Second Amendment.
Wall Street Government

Sebastian, FL

#1797 Jan 28, 2013
Respect71 wrote:
<quoted text>
In order for any dictator to rise to power, he must first DISARM the body public. The problem facing various tyrants here in the United States is that there are millions of privately owned guns nestled safely in citizens’ homes across the nation.

For Obama to make firearms ILLEAGAL, he will first need a great catastrophe on his hands, presumably one involving guns.
Wall Street Government

Sebastian, FL

#1798 Jan 28, 2013
Respect71 wrote:
<quoted text>
It doesn't?

Level 6

Location hidden

#1799 Jan 28, 2013
<quoted text>
In order for any dictator to rise to power, he must first DISARM the body public. The problem facing various tyrants here in the United States is that there are millions of privately owned guns nestled safely in citizens’ homes across the nation.
For Obama to make firearms ILLEAGAL, he will first need a great catastrophe on his hands, presumably one involving guns.
Agreed... However, as Americans, we cannot be ignorant of our Constitution, especially the Bill of Rights and the restriction of powers for the government.
“the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed.” Our founders put it there for the very reason of which you speak!
downhill246

Boca Raton, FL

#1800 Jan 28, 2013
<quoted text>
Why wouldn't be?
Buy more clips, only takes a second to insert one.
A story that has been forgotten since then is that of the brave storeowners in Koreatown who fended off mobs with handguns, rifles and assault weapons.
On the second day of the riots, the police had abandoned much of Koreatown. Jay Rhee, a storeowner in the area, stated to The Los Angeles Times,“we have lost faith in the police.”
With the cops nowhere to be found, hundreds of people marauded through the streets towards Koreatown. The neighborhood suffered 45 percent of all the property damage and five fatalities of storeowners during the riots. Having had enough of waiting for police, Korean storeowners assembled into militias to protect themselves, their families, and businesses.
Having had enough of waiting for police, Korean storeowners assembled into militias to protect themselves, their families, and businesses.
Rhee claimed that the storeowners shot off 500 rounds into the sky and ground in order to break up the masses of people. The only weapons able to clear that much ammo in a very short time are assault weapons. Single shot pistols or rifles might not have been able to deter the crowd hell-bent on destroying the neighborhood.
Up in the AIR or GROUND?
I would say they wasted 500 rounds when a couple of shotgun blast would have done the trick.
Those are exactly the people who shouldn't be around any sort of weapon.
They're stupid.
They are magazines in AR 15s and AK 47s, not clips and if you carry many magazines what point are you trying to make? Three ten round magazines equal one thirty round magazine and if you are familiar with the weapon you could probably reload in two seconds. The Va Tech shooter used a handgun and just kept reloading and thirty two died. Further, what prevents a rioter from shooting you as you reload your shotgun?
As far as firing 500 rounds up in the air and into the ground it apparently worked for those business owners, didn't it?

Cathouse Mouse

#1801 Jan 28, 2013
Is this a clip or magazine?

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v48/desertf...

... and why does it matter?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Denver Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Republicans the party of LIARS (Dec '11) 6 min Neandertroll 15,166
Man takes legal action after Denver baker refus... 9 min Not Yet Equal 391
Colo. gay discrimination alleged over wedding cake (Jun '13) 34 min Wondering 8,291
Denver police fatally shoot teen girl suspect; ... 1 hr Tired of thugs 5
Gay/Bi teens in/near Denver, Colorado 21 hr cumslurperrr 34
last post wins! (Feb '11) Mon Hatti_Hollerand 24,929
~:Any Word:~ (Sep '13) Mon Hatti_Hollerand 41
Denver Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Denver People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 8:52 pm PST

NBC Sports 8:52PM
Report: Texans D-line coach Bill Kollar to join Gary Kubiak in Denver
NBC Sports 3:16 AM
Report: Broncos reach out to Wade Phillips with defensive coordinator needed
NBC Sports 4:09 AM
Bears add two more assistants
Bleacher Report 6:03 AM
Is Balance of Power Shifting in AFC West?
Bleacher Report 7:42 AM
Kubiak the Right Coach, with or Without Peyton