US school shooting revives gun debate

Dec 14, 2012 Full story: Yahoo! 2,340

Relatives of those killed in past mass shootings reacted with outrage to Friday's news of another massacre at an elementary school in Connecticut.

Full Story

Level 5

Since: Feb 11

Location hidden

#1666 Jan 26, 2013
Say the Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
Look up 'Projection' in the Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders. I'm sure there will be a picture of you there, with all of your medals, in references to Homosexuality.
Maybe when you and your boyfriend are done with it, okay, hon?

Level 5

Location hidden

#1667 Jan 26, 2013
Say the Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
Why do you hide your location, Stinky?
If I pleasured men for money at the local truck stop, I'd advertise my location like you, Shug.

You should also list what stall you are in.

Level 5

Location hidden

#1668 Jan 26, 2013
Say the Truth wrote:
Again, are you OK with government officials- from the local dog catcher to the president- being afforded the right but ordinary citizens are restricted?
Let's see... the ordinary citizen can own a machine gun if he wants to put in the effort.

What kind of weapon do you think you cannot get that the ordinary dog catcher does not have or did that arrest for soliciting put the machine gun out of your reach?
former cops sub teachers

Girard, OH

#1673 Jan 26, 2013
Butler County OH school days may soon include armed substitute teachers watching over students.
Under a proposal announced today by Butler County OH Sheriff Richard Jones, retired police officers can be trained to work in schools as substitute teachers – teaching in any of the county’s 10 school districts or private schools.

It would be a first among the region’s schools and possibly in the nation.“It's two for one and it's cost effective,” Jones said during a press conference. The proposal, described by Jones as a “fresh idea, outside the box” still requires the approval of each of Butler County's 10 school boards.

He said two public districts and one private school have initially agreed to the plan, but he declined to name them. He said Lakota Schools did not respond to his proposal made two weeks ago. If approved by local districts, the program could be in place later this school year.

Ohio schools and most nationwide are designated non-gun zones where firearms are not allowed.

But police officers – even retired – would be allowed to be armed working as substitute teachers. In Ohio, anyone with a college degree can be a sub with some instructional training.

Retired Mason police officer Scott Miller came up with the idea and joined Jones at the press conference.

http://news.cincinnati.com/article/20130117/N ...

Level 6

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#1674 Jan 26, 2013
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>You the one who is whining, buttercup, so why don't you and your cornholing boy friend pack up your color-coordinated throw pillows and curtains and head south to one of them Mexico resorts that cater to your crowd.
Sorry little guy. I'm an American and I have unalienable rights that don't come from you or from government. Your contention = nothing.

Level 5

Location hidden

#1675 Jan 26, 2013
Say the Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
You "forgot", you intellectually dishonest cur, this part:
"Federal law provides no minimum age for the possession of long guns or long gun ammunition."
A) I reported your modeification to topix
B) I don't care what federal law permits, dooshbag.

If you recall: what is RELEVANT is what federal law does not permit.

Level 5

Location hidden

#1676 Jan 26, 2013
Say the Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you struggle with your latent homosexuality?
Obviously, from the stains on your shirt, we can see there is nothing latent about yours.

Wipe your chin, honey, you look really gross.

Level 5

Location hidden

#1677 Jan 26, 2013
Respect71 wrote:
<quoted text>
Sorry little guy. I'm an American
Isn't that swell?

If you don't like the rules of my country- particularly those that have been endorsed by the Supreme Court of my country- pick up your throw pillows and head south.

K?

Level 5

Location hidden

#1678 Jan 26, 2013
former cops sub teachers wrote:
Butler County OH school days may soon include armed substitute teachers watching over students.
Right, because what this country needs are substitute teachers who aren't qualified to teach.

Level 5

Location hidden

#1681 Jan 26, 2013
Say the Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm not talking about machine guns,
Spooge breath: how many crimes were committed by criminals carrying machine gun last year?

Spit out your boyfriend's pubic hairs and try to pay attention.

You ask what crimes are prevented by gun laws, and I choose to point to the gun law that 'outlaws' machine guns.

Wipe your chin.... listen:

The reason there are not 250,000 Thompsons floating around in the USA is because they are 'illegal' to own.

Let us suppose that the same regulations used to control the Thompson (sub) machine gun were applied to a long list of assault weapons.

Such as the one used to kill those 20 children in Sandy Hook.

Level 5

Location hidden

#1682 Jan 26, 2013
Say the Truth wrote:
You know D. Frankenstein's Senate bill. You know she exempts "officials"
Spoogebreath: when you put something in quotes, it shows you that you are (as proved before) a m/f c/s liar.

I know: that's your hobby.

Most Americans aren't confused as to why a ban on the sales of assault weapons would exclude police who are going to have to combat the hundreds of thousands of assault weapons the NRA has insisted gun gnutters have a right to own and sell without doing a background check.

Level 5

Location hidden

#1683 Jan 26, 2013
Say the Truth wrote:
Show where the right is limited by age.
What this means, in English, Spoogebreath, is: I show you ONE example of where the "right" to own *any* firearm is limited by age.

Wipe your chin.

Level 6

Location hidden

#1684 Jan 26, 2013
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>Isn't that swell?

If you don't like the rules of my country- particularly those that have been endorsed by the Supreme Court of my country- pick up your throw pillows and head south.

K?
When rules and laws remove fundamental rights of Americans its time to remove the government and replace with one who will uphold and protect our rights.

Give it up little guy. The American Constitution was put in place for a reason.

Level 5

Location hidden

#1689 Jan 26, 2013
Say the Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
Frankenfurter
Wipe you chin, honey, why is it gun gnutters are so afraid of posting exact quotes and constitutional amendments in their entirety?

The NY assault weapon ban (first of many coming), e.g.: tuned to allow police officers access to the same weapons the NRA has fought so hard to make avaialbe to everyone without regard to their criminality.

Do let me know when you decide to post the real bill, not one that you have invented.

Level 5

Location hidden

#1690 Jan 26, 2013
Say the Truth wrote:
Unhide your ISP, chickes4it.
Unhide yours, spoogebreath: do post the location of the bathroom stall that you work, doing your part to eliminate the loneliness of the long distance truckers.

Level 5

Location hidden

#1691 Jan 26, 2013
Say the Truth wrote:
Do you have a life? You have time for an average of 80 posts, under this one moniker anyway,
You seem to have enough time to post yours, dear.

Maybe giving those truckers a happy ending cuts into your time?

PS: responding to your posts doesn't take much time, certain, not the time you have to put into those happy endings.

Since: Aug 10

Cathouse Mouse

#1692 Jan 26, 2013
2011;

Of the 30,000 fatal gun shot victims, 260 were deemed to be justifiable homicides.

These numbers vary very little over each of the past ten years.

Level 6

Location hidden

#1693 Jan 26, 2013
Disrespect of our Constitution in un-American. Sad there are people like you in our Country.

Level 5

Location hidden

#1694 Jan 26, 2013
Respect71 wrote:
Disrespect of our Constitution in un-American.
Patriotism is the last refuge of a scoundrel.
Sam Jackson
Brad

Manchester, CT

#1695 Jan 26, 2013
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
Patriotism is the last refuge of a scoundrel.
Sam Jackson
What does it matter at this point,who cares?
Hillary Clinton

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Denver Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
strippers (Mar '14) 7 hr yeah 2
Colo. gay discrimination alleged over wedding cake (Jun '13) 12 hr Gaaaay 3,314
Republicans the party of LIARS (Dec '11) 19 hr KarlVIIIII 12,549
Play the "end of the word" game (Jul '11) Sat Petal Power 4,217
Nude photos of 12-year-old girl circulated via ... (Feb '10) Fri Eaddae 305
9news: USGS: Oil, gas at fault for Colo. earth... Sep 19 Bev Jamison 1
ISSL - Bushes legacy. What is the lure? Sep 19 Bev Jamison 2
•••
•••
Denver Dating