US school shooting revives gun debate

Dec 14, 2012 Full story: Yahoo! 2,340

Relatives of those killed in past mass shootings reacted with outrage to Friday's news of another massacre at an elementary school in Connecticut.

Full Story
sickofit

Owatonna, MN

#1130 Jan 11, 2013
downhill246 wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't think we want you with a nuke. You get angry too easily.
So you want limits on the second amendment??

“If you can't beat um join um”

Level 9

Since: Jun 11

Under the troll bridge

#1129 Jan 11, 2013
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
Funny how the tea baggers scream bloody murder when Obama puts women up for cabinet positions and when Obama puts someone else up, they scream he should have put up a woman.
Ummmm, this is a gun debate. You're off topic too.
just another guy

United States

#1132 Jan 11, 2013
Cathouse Mouse wrote:
<quoted text>
If new laws passed by the Federal Governemnt state you cannot own or possess an AR-15, it means just that.
If a new law is passed by the federal government that says you cannot own or posses an AR15, that means every politician that voted for it has declared themselves an enemy of the people.

Level 9

Under the troll bridge

#1133 Jan 11, 2013
just another guy wrote:
<quoted text>
If a new law is passed by the federal government that says you cannot own or posses an AR15, that means every politician that voted for it has declared themselves an enemy of the people.
Since over 70% of the US supports the second amendment that would mean those politicians would be looking for a new job after the next election.

“Walk With Me In Hell”

Level 7

Since: Nov 11

Hell, Norway

#1134 Jan 11, 2013
The Troll Doll wrote:
<quoted text>
Since over 70% of the US supports the second amendment that would mean those politicians would be looking for a new job after the next election.
And dodging bullets, Lol!

Level 9

Under the troll bridge

#1135 Jan 11, 2013
SATAN_64 wrote:
<quoted text>And dodging bullets, Lol!
Something to think about.
Personally I think shooting back is safer than dodging. I wonder how many of these congressmen have weapons themselves but just don't want the rest of us to have them.

Since: Aug 10

Cathouse Mouse

#1136 Jan 11, 2013
The Troll Doll wrote:
<quoted text>
70%? That's all? That seems low to me. I'd thought it would be in the upper 80s or lower 90s.

Tell me this,... what % of the US supports bans on assault rifles?

“Walk With Me In Hell”

Level 7

Since: Nov 11

Hell, Norway

#1137 Jan 11, 2013
Cathouse Mouse wrote:
<quoted text>
70%? That's all? That seems low to me. I'd thought it would be in the upper 80s or lower 90s.
Only forty eight percent of Democrats would support a ban on imitation assault weapons. The other fifty two percent know which side their bread is buttered on.

Drop it Mouse, they ain`t NEVER gonna be a ban on guns, the day its attempted, we will be in a civil war, and many of the military have stated, they will refuse an order to fire on the people they are suppose to protect.

Level 9

Under the troll bridge

#1138 Jan 11, 2013
Cathouse Mouse wrote:
<quoted text>
Define assault rifles.........
Most people have no clue what an assault rifle is. Do you?
Brad

Manchester, CT

#1139 Jan 11, 2013
SATAN_64 wrote:
<quoted text>Only forty eight percent of Democrats would support a ban on imitation assault weapons. The other fifty two percent know which side their bread is buttered on.
Drop it Mouse, they ain`t NEVER gonna be a ban on guns, the day its attempted, we will be in a civil war, and many of the military have stated, they will refuse an order to fire on the people they are suppose to protect.
Thats why Oblamer wants an armed Civilian national security force.
Every dictator should have one.

Level 3

Since: Nov 08

Paris

#1140 Jan 12, 2013
conservative crapola wrote:
<quoted text>
People like you who want to interpret and distort the Constitution to suit your fetishes are the attackers.
lejimfraud cry-a-thon: Day 63.
If you could only prove it tinkerbell. You haven't, you won't and you never will. Come see me, we'll play grape.

Level 3

Paris

#1141 Jan 12, 2013
Cathouse Mouse wrote:
<quoted text>
Assult rifles are against the law unless you have a federal firearms license. There just isn't that many tinkerbell. Trying to change definitions is the favorite ploy to control debate for liberals.

Level 3

Paris

#1142 Jan 12, 2013
just another guy wrote:
<quoted text>
Most have already broken their oath of office, they would just make it for us with them exempted as with everything else.

Cathouse Mouse

#1143 Jan 12, 2013
SATAN_64 wrote:
<quoted text>Only forty eight percent of Democrats would support a ban on imitation assault weapons. The other fifty two percent know which side their bread is buttered on.
According to who?

I'm looking at a CNN poll right now that shows 62% of Americans support the outright ban on assault rifles.

52 percent of Americans support either major restrictions on owning guns or an outright ban on firearms.

That's up 5% since the Aurora shooting.

80 percent of Democrats support major restrictions or an outright ban on guns. That number drops to 42 percent of independents and 31 percent of Republicans.

Don't blow smoke up my skirt and tell me it's fog.

Level 3

Paris

#1144 Jan 12, 2013
Cathouse Mouse wrote:
<quoted text>
According to who?
I'm looking at a CNN poll right now that shows 62% of Americans support the outright ban on assault rifles.
52 percent of Americans support either major restrictions on owning guns or an outright ban on firearms.
That's up 5% since the Aurora shooting.
80 percent of Democrats support major restrictions or an outright ban on guns. That number drops to 42 percent of independents and 31 percent of Republicans.
Don't blow smoke up my skirt and tell me it's fog.
The fog is in your head. The army and military have assault weapons, and a very few americans with a federal fire arms permit. You distortion of what is an assault rifle is almost funny. Why do you have to lie and change definitions to try to win a debate. It's because you can not win on a level playing field. Libs are wimps.

“I Luv Carbon Dioxide”

Level 10

Since: Dec 08

Location hidden

#1145 Jan 12, 2013
sickofit wrote:
What I find funny is that you righters want to control personal stuff like marriage and what a women does with her body which both only affect who is involved...yet you dont want any regulation of WMD,S that can kill dozens or hundreds....WEIRD TO ME....
I have an idea you far righters stay out of others personal business and maybe then we can stay out of you insane gun nuts jobs business,,,,DEAL?????
The Conservative position is clear:

Our right to keep and bear arms is guaranteed by the Second Amendment.

Keeping marriage one man and one woman because there is no gender equality right.

Stop forcing taxpayers to pay for your abortions and contraceptives.
sickofit

Owatonna, MN

#1146 Jan 12, 2013
Brian_G wrote:
<quoted text>The Conservative position is clear:
Our right to keep and bear arms is guaranteed by the Second Amendment.
Keeping marriage one man and one woman because there is no gender equality right.
Stop forcing taxpayers to pay for your abortions and contraceptives.
LOL...YEA YOU THINK YOU GET FREEDOM AND EQUALITY AND EVERYONE ELSE MUST SUFFER UNDER YOUR NAZI RULE...

Not gonn happen hitelr trash...SAME SEX MARRAIGE WILL BE LEGAL IN ALL 50 STATES IN NEXT 20-30 YEARS.....NOTHING YOU CONSTITUTION HATERS CAN DO TO CHANGE THAT....

“Pffffffffffft!”

Level 7

Since: Sep 11

Whatever

#1147 Jan 12, 2013
Le Jimbo wrote:
<quoted text>Assult rifles are against the law unless you have a federal firearms license. There just isn't that many tinkerbell. Trying to change definitions is the favorite ploy to control debate for liberals.
Thank you.

Cathouse Mouse

#1148 Jan 12, 2013
Le Jimbo wrote:
<quoted text>The fog is in your head. The army and military have assault weapons, and a very few americans with a federal fire arms permit. You distortion of what is an assault rifle is almost funny. Why do you have to lie and change definitions to try to win a debate. It's because you can not win on a level playing field. Libs are wimps.
This wimp doesn't require packing a loaded semi-automatic handgun to run out for milk.

Level 5

Since: Feb 11

Location hidden

#1149 Jan 12, 2013
Le Jimbo wrote:
<quoted text>Assult rifles
Assault weapons.

Of course, the gun gnutters like to conflate the terms.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Denver Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Republicans the party of LIARS (Dec '11) 43 min You can call me Dick 14,351
Colo. gay discrimination alleged over wedding cake (Jun '13) 1 hr Poof1 6,016
Legit pain n anxiety meds 4 hr Reyna lokita 2
Denver tar 4 hr Reyna lokita 4
last post wins! (Feb '11) Wed Sniper II 24,872
Gay/Bi teens in/near Denver, Colorado Tue zombiegentelman 22
Housewife convicted of frying husband (Mar '07) Tue Extrollanator- 68
Denver Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Denver People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Denver News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Denver

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 1:22 pm PST

ESPN 1:22PM
Peyton intent on playing for Broncos in 2015
Bleacher Report 3:06 PM
Peyton: I Plan on Being Back in 2015
NBC Sports 9:56 PM
Peyton Manning fully participates in practice
Bleacher Report12:18 AM
How Ronnie Hillman Can Spark Broncos Offense Heading into Playoffs
Bleacher Report 2:15 AM
Should New England Patriots Rest Key Starters in Week 17?