US school shooting revives gun debate

Dec 14, 2012 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: Yahoo!

Relatives of those killed in past mass shootings reacted with outrage to Friday's news of another massacre at an elementary school in Connecticut.

Comments
961 - 980 of 2,340 Comments Last updated Mar 31, 2013

Level 5

Since: Feb 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 9, 2013

Judged:

Le Jimbo wrote:
<quoted text>]Obama Hosts Screening of Sitcom '1600 PENN'...
Will Dumbo (or his 'au'ther liases)**EVER** post on topic?

FLAGGED!

Level 5

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 9, 2013

Judged:

The Infantile left Winged wrote:
These vile and worthless idiots are everywhere!
If you got a job, you would have less time to post.

Level 5

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 9, 2013

Judged:

OH NO YOU Did not wrote:
LET'S READ THAT AGAIN! "It’s official: The federal budget deficit blew past the $1 trillion mark for the fourth year in a row.".
We haven't had a budget surplus since...George Bush was handed a budget surplus and then immediately ran up the debt.

Since: Aug 10

Cathouse Mouse

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 9, 2013

Judged:

I find it curious why righties can understand the premise of not sending those poor victims of Super Storm Sandy because "we're broke" and must find a way to "pay for it" first.

Of course they want to take from various fundings (which naming them is irrelevant to this comment)- in order to not have to add the cost to our debt. It's the new Republican way. NOTHING goes on the credit card.

^^^ T H A T ^^^ they get.

What they're pretending to struggle with is the undeniable fact that George Bush charged the entire war in Iraq on the credit card.

At the beginning of the Iraq War, the U.S. could have paid the cost of that war in cash, but instead, GW handed out tax cuts, pharma deals, and told everyone to go shopping.

In wars as recent as the Vietnam War, Americans were asked to contribute to the efforts, if nothing more than buy US Savings Bonds.

GW Bush told everyone to go have a good time, here's some money for everybody, me and Dead-Eye has a handle on this Iraqi WMD thingy.

We were told, we were warned, by many many economists that GW is screw'n up, but we bought his bag of tricks one joke at a time, so ... here we are trying to just pay off the $800+ Billion in interest alone on borrowed money to conduct those Bush wars.

^^^ T H A T ^^^... they have trouble with.

“Umbrae Pulvisque”

Level 1

Since: Apr 09

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 9, 2013

Judged:

Yeah, that's true. There are a few nuts out there. But not as many coming from anti-gun households with psychiatric problems bent on making themselves famous through committing murder and getting the government to clamp down on the rest of us. An Arizona school teacher shot herself a while back and made up a story about an ex-student having shot her. In the end she confessed she did it because she was in favor of more anti-gun legislation.

While you are fear-mongering about right wing militias, keep these things in mind:

1) ISLAM is the fastest growing religion in America.

2) Kuwait is to the best of my knowledge, the only Muslim country that faintly resembles a Republic
(out of 22 Muslim countries in the world).

3) In Egypt, a democratically-elected President Morsi is proposing a Shariya inspired constitution and it may just be enacted into law. He has also given himself dictatorial powers.

4) What will happen when the USA has a Muslim majority, even by a small margin, that proposes to do away with our present Constitution and Bill of Rights and wants to adopt a Shariya inspired constitution?

5) It's for situations like this that the 2nd Amendment was written- not for hunting and target shooting. Read history. Look beyond the hysteria that TV and print news is creating.

Visit http://assaultweaponsbanof2013.blogspot.com and see the actual Justice Department reports and what they say! Humans should not be stampeded. We have a brain to reason things out.
conservative crapola

Quakertown, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 9, 2013

Judged:

OH NO YOU Did not wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree that they gain nothing with their lies and false assumptions.
rugby/lyan didn't gain the WH by theirs, either.

hahahahahahahahahaha

Since: Aug 10

Cathouse Mouse

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 9, 2013

Judged:

BarefootJoe wrote:
Yeah, that's true. There are a few nuts out there. But not as many coming from anti-gun households with psychiatric problems bent on making themselves famous through committing murder and getting the government to clamp down on the rest of us. An Arizona school teacher shot herself a while back and made up a story about an ex-student having shot her. In the end she confessed she did it because she was in favor of more anti-gun legislation.
While you are fear-mongering about right wing militias, keep these things in mind:
1) ISLAM is the fastest growing religion in America.
2) Kuwait is to the best of my knowledge, the only Muslim country that faintly resembles a Republic
(out of 22 Muslim countries in the world).
3) In Egypt, a democratically-elected President Morsi is proposing a Shariya inspired constitution and it may just be enacted into law. He has also given himself dictatorial powers.
4) What will happen when the USA has a Muslim majority, even by a small margin, that proposes to do away with our present Constitution and Bill of Rights and wants to adopt a Shariya inspired constitution?
5) It's for situations like this that the 2nd Amendment was written- not for hunting and target shooting. Read history. Look beyond the hysteria that TV and print news is creating.
Visit http://assaultweaponsbanof2013.blogspot.com and see the actual Justice Department reports and what they say! Humans should not be stampeded. We have a brain to reason things out.
Muslims coming to change our Constitution?

Hysteria?

Fascinating!
sociopathic Liberals

Orland, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 9, 2013

Judged:

barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
If you got a job, you would have less time to post.
I've got a really good job! And what is your excuse???
OH NO YOU Did not

Rancho Cucamonga, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 9, 2013

Judged:

Cathouse Mouse wrote:
<quoted text>
Ornages and apples. If you expected a 1 trillion dollar spending cut in social services for the poor to calm your affixiation with the national debt, you were doomed for failure at the git-go.
Theis nation has plenty of money, it's just that too much of it is sitting in off shore bank accounts. THAT is the single biggest flaw in our tax system and cause for our debt.
Money MUST circulate in a working economy. That's lesson 1, day 1 in Economics 101.
Print too much money with nothing to back it up and the economy goes bust. That is the reason why the precious metals are going up fast as well as being bought in record numbers. You know Economy 301!
BTW, budgeting helps a healthy economy to live within your means. You know Economy 501. I think you need to take further classes and stop the "there still are checks in my checkbook how could I be broke" mentality or is that a liberal mindset?
OH NO YOU Did not

Rancho Cucamonga, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 9, 2013

Judged:

Cathouse Mouse wrote:
I find it curious why righties can understand the premise of not sending those poor victims of Super Storm Sandy because "we're broke" and must find a way to "pay for it" first.
Of course they want to take from various fundings (which naming them is irrelevant to this comment)- in order to not have to add the cost to our debt. It's the new Republican way. NOTHING goes on the credit card.
^^^ T H A T ^^^ they get.
What they're pretending to struggle with is the undeniable fact that George Bush charged the entire war in Iraq on the credit card.
At the beginning of the Iraq War, the U.S. could have paid the cost of that war in cash, but instead, GW handed out tax cuts, pharma deals, and told everyone to go shopping.
In wars as recent as the Vietnam War, Americans were asked to contribute to the efforts, if nothing more than buy US Savings Bonds.
GW Bush told everyone to go have a good time, here's some money for everybody, me and Dead-Eye has a handle on this Iraqi WMD thingy.
We were told, we were warned, by many many economists that GW is screw'n up, but we bought his bag of tricks one joke at a time, so ... here we are trying to just pay off the $800+ Billion in interest alone on borrowed money to conduct those Bush wars.
^^^ T H A T ^^^... they have trouble with.
Maybe because Obama lied to them!
http://www.theblaze.com/stories/hurricane-san...

HURRICANE SANDY VICTIM WHO HUGGED OBAMA IN VIRAL PHOTO CLAIMS HE BROKE AID PROMISE, SENT HER ‘DISTURBING’ FORM LETTER
Posted on January 4, 2013 at 9:04am by Billy Hallowell
While in Brigantine, N.J., on Oct. 31, he comforted local business owner Donna Vanzant, with a photograph of their embrace subsequently going viral. But while the president promised quick relief, Vanzant is now charging that the nation’s leader broke his pledge and has yet to deliver.

In an interview with The Philly Post, the owner of the North Point Marina, a venue that was destroyed in the storm, said that she is struggling — but “surviving”— and noted that she has yet to begin rebuilding. FEMA doesn’t help businesses with monetary aid and her insurance money has not yet come through, leaving her stagnant and unable to begin the painstaking process of rebuilding.

“I have probably suffered $500,000 in losses,” Vanzant explained.“And we’ve lost all of our docks and our bulkhead, and the estimate for that is $200,000, and you can’t get insurance on your docks or bulkhead.”
After her meeting with the president months ago, though, one would assume that Vanzant would have been granted all the help she needed.
But that’s not all. Obama identified her to one of the individuals helping in the relief as the owner of the marina and said,“I want to make sure that she knows that we’re going to immediately get the help that she needs to get this all back together again.”
Naturally, considering Obama’s pledge to help Vanzant, the Post asked if she has had any interaction with the White House since meeting the president.

“After his visit, I sent an email to President Obama,” she told the Post.“Many days later, I got a response back. It was disturbing.”

Vanzant went on to describe a form letter she received — a note that had nothing at all to do with Hurricane Sandy. She said that the message she was sent, rather than addressing her concerns over the disaster, merely thanked her for supporting the troops.

“When you get a hug from the President of the United States, you feel like there’s something there. A promise was made,” she continued....

The business owner explained that she raised her children to know that “your word is your word.” She took aim at the notion that the president has broken a promise, noting that she has never been an individual who has looked for free handouts. While she said that Obama initially gave her hope, she’s now skeptical.
OH NO YOU Did not

Rancho Cucamonga, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 9, 2013

Judged:

conservative crapola wrote:
<quoted text>
rugby/lyan didn't gain the WH by theirs, either.
hahahahahahahahahaha
Are you posting in English? This post indecipherable.
conservative crapola

Bethlehem, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 9, 2013

Judged:

OH NO YOU Did not wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you posting in English? This post indecipherable.
teapussy need it dumbed down further?
OH NO YOU Did not

Rancho Cucamonga, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 9, 2013

<quoted text>
teapussy need it dumbed down further?
Nope as it has been dumb down enough for you, but I need you to add some intelligence to the post to make it readable. Now, the real question was your hate making it so stupid or because you are liberal and the liberal mindset has made you so stupid? What do you think?
conservative crapola

Bethlehem, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 9, 2013

Judged:

OH NO YOU Did not wrote:
<quoted text>
Nope as it has been dumb down enough for you, but I need you to add some intelligence to the post to make it readable. Now, the real question was your hate making it so stupid or because you are liberal and the liberal mindset has made you so stupid? What do you think?
I think teapussy still has post-election stress disorder.

bwahahahahahahahaha
OH NO YOU Did not

Rancho Cucamonga, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 9, 2013

Judged:

<quoted text>
I think teapussy still has post-election stress disorder.
bwahahahahahahahaha
Nope, it is post-election liberals are idiots who think they have a mandate to destroy America disorder. It caused by deal with liberals that act so idiotic and must be brought back to reality, but it really difficult to get rid of as there are so many liberals that keep bringing back the disorder to get rid of. It is like a chronic disease caused by liberals.
just another guy

Hurst, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 9, 2013

Judged:

OH NO YOU Did not wrote:
<quoted text>
Nope, it is post-election liberals are idiots who think they have a mandate to destroy America disorder. It caused by deal with liberals that act so idiotic and must be brought back to reality, but it really difficult to get rid of as there are so many liberals that keep bringing back the disorder to get rid of. It is like a chronic disease caused by liberals.
It is amazing how the lunatic left believes that obama winning an election means they no longer have to abide by the Constitution.

The exchange you are having with the lunatic shows how close to insane they are. No wonder they don't trust anyone with guns. They think we are as crazy as them. They have no clue how far they are from being right.
downhill246

Boca Raton, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 9, 2013

Judged:

barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
Complete klaptrap, donglicker.
1860's Republicans would not be Republicans today, no matter what their color and the "republicans" were black, not white, and the KKK were't killing them after checking their voter registration cards.
Why are less than five percent of the Republicans **********TODAY********** black, Donglicker?
Of course the 1860 Republicans aren't the Republicans of today because no one lives that long, idiot. Almost 1300 white Republicans were murdered by the KKK,the terrorist arm of the Democratic Party.

An estimated 3,446 blacks and 1,297 white Republicans died at the hands of the KKK from 1882 to 1964, flamer. Heck the KKK probably would have hung flamers no matter what party they were in so just be happy you didn't live back then.
OH NO YOU Did not

Rancho Cucamonga, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 9, 2013

Judged:

just another guy wrote:
<quoted text>
It is amazing how the lunatic left believes that obama winning an election means they no longer have to abide by the Constitution.
The exchange you are having with the lunatic shows how close to insane they are. No wonder they don't trust anyone with guns. They think we are as crazy as them. They have no clue how far they are from being right.
Yeah, I know what you mean, but what is really crazy is that Obama really believes his press. What I really hate is when they tell you how you are thinking, acting, and feeling. None of it is ever true, but they keep on trying.
The Infantile left Winged

Chico, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 9, 2013

Judged:

downhill246 wrote:
<quoted text>
Of course the 1860 Republicans aren't the Republicans of today because no one lives that long, idiot. Almost 1300 white Republicans were murdered by the KKK,the terrorist arm of the Democratic Party.
An estimated 3,446 blacks and 1,297 white Republicans died at the hands of the KKK from 1882 to 1964, flamer. Heck the KKK probably would have hung flamers no matter what party they were in so just be happy you didn't live back then.
Just remember that you are telling this to a 21st century liberal demorat, that has the mindset that everything that they do, did ,or are going to do bad, illegal, or criminal is ALWAYS somebody else's fault.
It is always someone else's fault with these mental cases now!
just another guy

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 9, 2013

Judged:

The Infantile left Winged wrote:
<quoted text>
Just remember that you are telling this to a 21st century liberal demorat, that has the mindset that everything that they do, did ,or are going to do bad, illegal, or criminal is ALWAYS somebody else's fault.
It is always someone else's fault with these mental cases now!
You have to wonder how they can say with a straight face that it is not the criminals fault he is a criminal, yet tell law abiding gun owners they are criminals.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

25 Users are viewing the Denver Forum right now

Search the Denver Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Republicans the party of LIARS (Dec '11) 5 hr KarlVIIIII 12,257
wheres the pain meds? 6 hr jrmdawrm123 1
Colo. gay discrimination alleged over wedding cake (Jun '13) 23 hr Frankie Rizzo 2,567
The horrible murder of Brandy Duvall. (Aug '11) 23 hr Another bitch 39
Gina Kurfis (Oct '13) Sun Another bitch 4
The Entertainment Industry is Bringing Decadenc... Sun Commander Bunny 4
Ban the user above you game (Oct '11) Sun _satan_64 2,784
•••
•••
•••
Denver Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Denver Jobs