US school shooting revives gun debate

Dec 14, 2012 Full story: Yahoo! 2,340

Relatives of those killed in past mass shootings reacted with outrage to Friday's news of another massacre at an elementary school in Connecticut.

Full Story

Since: Aug 10

Cathouse Mouse

#1008 Jan 8, 2013
OH NO YOU Did not wrote:
<quoted text>
Where's the proof of your lies? I see as usual there is no links nor verbiage. BTW, just because Obama lies about it doe not make it true.
http://www.whitehouse.gov/blog/2012/12/11/pre...

Cathouse Mouse

#1009 Jan 8, 2013
OH NO YOU Did not wrote:
<quoted text>
Where's the proof of your lies? I see as usual there is no links nor verbiage. BTW, just because Obama lies about it doe not make it true.
You should learn to stop questioning me on matters of which you are long on bark and short on bite.

Level 5

Since: Feb 11

Location hidden

#1010 Jan 8, 2013
downhill246 wrote:
<quoted text>
Naw, they were Democrats like you.
The were white bigots like you, Donglicker. And the bigots did not move out of the South and they did not stop being bigots.

It was easier to become Republicans.

Less than five percent of the Republican party is black, Donglicker.

I wonder why that is.

Why is it the party affiliation moved from the Democrat party in the 60s to the Republican party in the 70s and yet none of the people moved, Donglicker.

Why is that?

Why is it that the percentage of blacks in the KKK is the same as in the Republican party, eh, Donglicker?

Funny how that is.
downhill246

Boca Raton, FL

#1011 Jan 8, 2013
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
The were white bigots like you, Donglicker. And the bigots did not move out of the South and they did not stop being bigots.
I wonder why that is.
Why is it the party affiliation moved from the Democrat party in the 60s to the Republican party in the 70s and yet none of the people moved, Donglicker.
Why is that?
Why is it that the percentage of blacks in the KKK is the same as in the Republican party, eh, Donglicker?
Funny how that is.
Yet the only whites killed by the KKK were Republicans. Why was that, flamer? Any black man who supports the Republican Party is called a racist by Democratic racist sheeple. OL

"Repeal that [welfare] law, and you will soon see a change in their manners. Industry will increase, and with it plenty among the lower people; their circumstances will mend, and more will be done for their happiness by inuring them to provide for themselves, than could be done by dividing all your estates among them."
Benjamin Franklin
downhill246

Boca Raton, FL

#1012 Jan 8, 2013
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
I wonder why that is.
Why is that?
Funny how that is.
“Founded in 1866 as a Tennessee social club, the Ku Klux Klan spread into nearly every Southern state, launching a ‘reign of terror‘ against Republican leaders black and white.”

A Short History of Reconstruction,(Harper & Row Publishers, Inc., 1990) by Dr. Eric Foner, the renown liberal historian who is the DeWitt Clinton Professor of History at Columbia University. p146

“In effect, the Klan was a military force serving the interests of the Democratic party, the planter class, and all those who desired the restoration of white supremacy. It aimed to destroy the Republican party’s infrastructure, undermine the Reconstruction state, reestablish control of the black labor force, and restore racial subordination in every aspect of Southern life.”

A Short History of Reconstruction,(Harper & Row Publishers, Inc., 1990) by Dr. Eric Foner, p184

Since the KKK was into burning crosses you flamers come from a long line of flamers.LOL.
The Infantile left Winged

Redding, CA

#1013 Jan 8, 2013
Cathouse Mouse wrote:
That link??? It is p[roof positive that your posts are lies! LMAO

Level 5

Since: Feb 11

Location hidden

#1014 Jan 8, 2013
downhill246 wrote:
<quoted text>
Yet the only whites killed by the KKK were Republicans.
Complete klaptrap, donglicker.

1860's Republicans would not be Republicans today, no matter what their color and the "republicans" were black, not white, and the KKK were't killing them after checking their voter registration cards.

Why are less than five percent of the Republicans **********TODAY********** black, Donglicker?

Level 3

Since: Nov 08

Paris

#1015 Jan 9, 2013
Cathouse Mouse wrote:
<quoted text>
Why don't you just say what you mean?
You want to take away medicare and social security from your own granny to give your boss a tax cut.
Why lie, you gain little with false assumptions.

Level 3

Since: Nov 08

Paris

#1016 Jan 9, 2013
Cathouse Mouse wrote:
<quoted text>
You should learn to stop questioning me on matters of which you are long on bark and short on bite.
]Obama Hosts Screening of Sitcom '1600 PENN'... but he is going to pivot to jobs just any month now. Hello Sandy Victims, the red tape is almost gonna maybe could be cut sometime soon also.
Wall Street Government

Sebastian, FL

#1018 Jan 9, 2013
Le Jimbo wrote:
<quoted text>]Obama Hosts Screening of Sitcom '1600 PENN'... but he is going to pivot to jobs just any month now. Hello Sandy Victims, the red tape is almost gonna maybe could be cut sometime soon also.
President Barack Obama will host a screening of NBC's new presidential comedy "1600 Penn" on Wednesday, the network said Tuesday.

The show's cast and crew will also be on hand for the late-afternoon screening, and will receive a tour of the White House. The National Press Club will also host a screening and panel for the sitcom on Wednesday.

Teabagger headline:

Obama to star on TV sitcom.

Obama also hosted a screening of the Steven Spielberg biopic "Lincoln" last year.

Teabagger headline:

Obama teams up with Spielberg to open chain of movie theaters.

Poor teabagger.
the rest of us

Saint Paul, MN

#1019 Jan 9, 2013
Wall Street Government wrote:
<quoted text>
President Barack Obama will host a screening of NBC's new presidential comedy "1600 Penn" on Wednesday, the network said Tuesday.
The show's cast and crew will also be on hand for the late-afternoon screening, and will receive a tour of the White House. The National Press Club will also host a screening and panel for the sitcom on Wednesday.
Teabagger headline:
Obama to star on TV sitcom.
Obama also hosted a screening of the Steven Spielberg biopic "Lincoln" last year.
Teabagger headline:
Obama teams up with Spielberg to open chain of movie theaters.
Poor teabagger.
Don't you ever get sick of your own noxious farts? They DO smell, numbnuts.
The Infantile left Winged

Redding, CA

#1020 Jan 9, 2013
the rest of us wrote:
<quoted text>
And the worst part of it all?
There is at least one of these liberal idiots on every State thread... These vile and worthless idiots are everywhere!

While at the same time they claim that they are the compassionate ones??? LMAO... OMG! liberalism is a serious mental disorder!!!
OH NO YOU Did not

Rancho Cucamonga, CA

#1021 Jan 9, 2013
Cathouse Mouse wrote:
Sweetie Pie, I am glad you believe Obama's lies, but even the CBO said it was not true.

"It’s official: The federal budget deficit blew past the $1 trillion mark for the fourth year in a row.

The nonpartisan Congressional Budget Office said Friday that the nation recorded a budget deficit of about $1.1 trillion in the fiscal year that ended Sept. 30. That figure is about $200 billion lower than last year’s budget deficit of $1.3 trillion.

The 2012 deficit comes out to about 7 percent of the nation’s GDP. That percentage is lower than the past three fiscal years, but still higher than any year since 1947, according to the CBO.

Friday’s revelation isn’t a surprise. The CBO – Congress’s nonpartisan budget scorekeeper — has consistently projected since earlier this year that the federal deficit would top the trillion-dollar mark for the fourth consecutive year.

Still, the numbers gave an opening for Republicans to hammer Democrats on the politically potent topic of budgets and deficits. Senate Minority Leader Mitch McConnell (R-Ky.) on Friday criticized his Democratic counterparts for failing to pass a budget resolution the last three years and called for a “much different approach” to reviving the economy and controlling the nation’s finances.

“Never before have a president and a majority party in the Senate done so little to address challenges as great as the ones our nation faces right now,” McConnell said in a statement.

The matter of the federal deficit has also taken center stage in the presidential campaign, with President Barack Obama and Mitt Romney facing off at Wednesday night’s debate over who would better tame it.

Romney said he would trim government spending — citing the now-infamous pledge to cut funding for PBS — and grow the economyto close the deficit.

”I think it’s not just an economic issue. I think it’s a moral issue,” Romney said then.“I think it’s, frankly, not moral for my generation to keep spending massively more than we take in, knowing those burdens are going to be passed on to the next generation and they’re going to be paying the interest and the principal all their lives. And the amount of debt we’re adding, at a trillion a year, is simply not moral.”

In his response, Obama cited the wars in Iraq and Afghanistan and the Bush tax cuts, as well as the recession, as factors in bloating the deficit that were out of his control. He cited spending cuts that already have taken effect, such as the nearly $1 trillion in trims mandated by the Budget Control Act in 2011.

“What we’ve said is,‘Yes, we had to take some initial emergency measures to make sure we didn’t slip into a Great Depression,’” Obama said.“But what we’ve also said is,‘Let’s make sure that we are cutting out those things that are not helping us grow.’”

Maryland Rep. Chris Van Hollen, the top Democrat on the House Budget Committee, agreed that Obama had been handed a soaring deficit when he was sworn into office and said Friday’s report underscored the need to boost economic growth.

“As the economy improves, the deficits will shrink,” Van Hollen said in an interview.“We need a two-prong strategy. One is to accelerate economic growth, and the second is to develop a balanced plan to reduce the deficit.”

http://www.politico.com/news/stories/1012/820...

LET'S READ THAT AGAIN! "It’s official: The federal budget deficit blew past the $1 trillion mark for the fourth year in a row." LIKE I SAID JUST BECAUSE OBAMA LIES DOESN'T MAKE IT TRUE.
Wall Street Government

Sebastian, FL

#1022 Jan 9, 2013
the rest of us wrote:
<quoted text>
Teabagger troll.
OH NO YOU Did not

Rancho Cucamonga, CA

#1023 Jan 9, 2013
Cathouse Mouse wrote:
<quoted text>
I LEARNED THAT YOU ARE AN OBAMATON AND YOU WILL BELIEVE WHATEVER LIES THAT OBAMA STATES. BTW, check out the real proof above from the CBO.

"It’s official: The federal budget deficit blew past the $1 trillion mark for the fourth year in a row."

And it appears you are "long on bark and short on bite."
OH NO YOU Did not

Rancho Cucamonga, CA

#1024 Jan 9, 2013
The Infantile left Winged wrote:
<quoted text>
That link??? It is p[roof positive that your posts are lies! LMAO
Yeah, it is proof positive that he is an Obamatons and he believes whatever cr*p that the white house puts out. IMO, it is best that you not believe every word that the white house states.
OH NO YOU Did not

Rancho Cucamonga, CA

#1025 Jan 9, 2013
Le Jimbo wrote:
<quoted text>Why lie, you gain little with false assumptions.
I agree that they gain nothing with their lies and false assumptions.
sociopathic Liberals

Chico, CA

#1026 Jan 9, 2013
OH NO YOU Did not wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah, it is proof positive that he is an Obamatons and he believes whatever cr*p that the white house puts out. IMO, it is best that you not believe every word that the white house states.
Congress Now Less Popular than Head Lice, Cockroaches and the Donald

Read more: http://newsfeed.time.com/2013/01/08/congress-...
OH NO YOU Did not

Rancho Cucamonga, CA

#1027 Jan 9, 2013
The Infantile left Winged wrote:
<quoted text>
And the worst part of it all?
There is at least one of these liberal idiots on every State thread... These vile and worthless idiots are everywhere!
While at the same time they claim that they are the compassionate ones??? LMAO... OMG! liberalism is a serious mental disorder!!!
Agreed as the name calling and vicious posts usually come from a liberal poster,

Cathouse Mouse

#1028 Jan 9, 2013
OH NO YOU Did not wrote:
<quoted text>
I LEARNED THAT YOU ARE AN OBAMATON AND YOU WILL BELIEVE WHATEVER LIES THAT OBAMA STATES. BTW, check out the real proof above from the CBO.
"It’s official: The federal budget deficit blew past the $1 trillion mark for the fourth year in a row."
And it appears you are "long on bark and short on bite."
Ornages and apples. If you expected a 1 trillion dollar spending cut in social services for the poor to calm your affixiation with the national debt, you were doomed for failure at the git-go.

Theis nation has plenty of money, it's just that too much of it is sitting in off shore bank accounts. THAT is the single biggest flaw in our tax system and cause for our debt.

Money MUST circulate in a working economy. That's lesson 1, day 1 in Economics 101.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Denver Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Colo. gay discrimination alleged over wedding cake (Jun '13) 2 hr Brian_G 6,117
Republicans the party of LIARS (Dec '11) 6 hr tbird19482 14,395
drugs and dealers 15 hr Reyna lokita 2
Denver tar? (Aug '11) 15 hr Reyna lokita 6
Housewife convicted of frying husband (Mar '07) 22 hr DILF 69
good strip clubs? Thu mmmm 1
Nude photos of 12-year-old girl circulated via ... (Feb '10) Thu Paula 311
Denver Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web