US school shooting revives gun debate

Dec 14, 2012 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: Yahoo!

Relatives of those killed in past mass shootings reacted with outrage to Friday's news of another massacre at an elementary school in Connecticut.

Comments
721 - 740 of 2,340 Comments Last updated Mar 31, 2013
Wall Street Government

Sebastian, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 1, 2013

Judged:

titonton divaunte pants wrote:
Which makes H.R. 347? That's right! An amended version of 18 USC § 1752 - Restricted building or grounds! Passed by congress and eagerly signed by president obama!
Yes, the ALL important AMENDED version.

The new law revises the standard that prosecutors must meet to gain a conviction, from proving that a violation was committed “willfully and knowingly” to merely proving that it was committed “knowingly.”

Holy crap, that changes EVERYTHING.

The law has been around since Richard Nixon’s time, and the changes Congress approved don’t impose new penalties or even address the issues of speech or protest.
Wall Street Government

Sebastian, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 1, 2013

Judged:

<quoted text> POOR president obama. HE can't read. Maybe a comprehension problem. Like his voters. Unless there really are any out there who voted bush twice and obama twice. Thats a phenomenon.
Coming from a tebagger who thinks Bush is "smart":

Rarely is the question asked: Is our children learning?" --George Bush--Florence, South Carolina, Jan. 11, 2000

"You teach a child to read, and he or her will be able to pass a literacy test." -George Bush- Townsend, Tenn., Feb. 21, 2001

"Tribal sovereignty means that; it's sovereign. I mean, you're a -- you've been given sovereignty, and you're viewed as a sovereign entity. And therefore the relationship between the federal government and tribes is one between sovereign entities." --George Bush-- Washington, D.C., Aug. 6, 2004

"I know the human being and fish can coexist peacefully." --George Bush-- Saginaw, Mich., Sept. 29, 2000

And why FAUX is a favorite channel for teabaggers:

"See, in my line of work you got to keep repeating things over and over and over again for the truth to sink in, to kind of catapult the propaganda." -- George Bush-- Greece, N.Y., May 24, 2005
just another guy

Denver, CO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 1, 2013

Judged:

Wall Street Government wrote:
<quoted text>
Coming from a tebagger who thinks Bush is "smart":
Rarely is the question asked: Is our children learning?" --George Bush--Florence, South Carolina, Jan. 11, 2000
"You teach a child to read, and he or her will be able to pass a literacy test." -George Bush- Townsend, Tenn., Feb. 21, 2001
"Tribal sovereignty means that; it's sovereign. I mean, you're a -- you've been given sovereignty, and you're viewed as a sovereign entity. And therefore the relationship between the federal government and tribes is one between sovereign entities." --George Bush-- Washington, D.C., Aug. 6, 2004
"I know the human being and fish can coexist peacefully." --George Bush-- Saginaw, Mich., Sept. 29, 2000
And why FAUX is a favorite channel for teabaggers:
"See, in my line of work you got to keep repeating things over and over and over again for the truth to sink in, to kind of catapult the propaganda." -- George Bush-- Greece, N.Y., May 24, 2005
Can't defend zero so you have to attack someone else and divert the discussion. Keep your mouth open if that's your thing Nancy.
titonton divaunte pants

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 1, 2013

Judged:

<quoted text>
I damned sure not gonna call ANY "tea partier" a "conservative".
The first thing you have horribly wrong is thinking I said Bush put h.r.347 into the "patriot" act.
Bush wasn't even in office.
Tom Rooney (R) Fl. inserted it.
I said Bush signed the "patriot" act.
"Like I asked you to do before, look up the word amendment".
WTF?
I stated before the amended version Rooney inserted didn't change anything.
For not claiming to be a teabagger, you sure think like one.
that's not what I said either stop twisting my words. You said the laws bush wrote pertaining to protest rights were litigated in the patriot act. That is WRONG. The legislation was called18 U.S.C.§ 1752 an amendment to the original protected buildings act.
titonton divaunte pants

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 1, 2013

Judged:

What a ball bag.
Wall Street Government

Sebastian, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 2, 2013

Judged:

just another guy wrote:
<quoted text>
Can't defend zero so you have to attack someone else and divert the discussion. Keep your mouth open if that's your thing Nancy.
The TRUTH doesn't need defending.

That's why teabaggers depend on and defend OPINION.

Someone else's at that.
Wall Street Government

Sebastian, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 2, 2013

Judged:

<quoted text> that's not what I said either stop twisting my words. You said the laws bush wrote pertaining to protest rights were litigated in the patriot act. That is WRONG. The legislation was called18 U.S.C.§ 1752 an amendment to the original protected buildings act.
OMG, You're wrong again.

I never said that.

Bush didn't write U.S.C.1752, how could he?

He couldn't he was never a senator or congressman.

He signed the "patriot" act, U.S.C. 1752 wasn't in that legislation.

Tom Rooney () Fl.inserted it in the current "patriot" act extension that Obama signed.

Bush signed an amended version of U.S.C. 1752 in 2006 but that had nothing to do with the "patriot" act.
Wall Street Government

Sebastian, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 2, 2013

Judged:

What a ball bag.
I'd have better luck hearding cats than explaining anything to a teabagger.

After this stupid off-topic crap, I give up.
swxxxt

Pittsburgh, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 2, 2013

Judged:

youtube.com/watch...
Paranoidal debate

Level 3

Since: Nov 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 2, 2013

Judged:

<quoted text>
Again, where is this crap coming from?
There it is.
Who said ANYTHING about election or the reason?
Not only do teabaggers have "selective" reasoning, they have the same issues with simple sentence structure and comprehension.
The list grows with each comment.
It's the teabagger way, STUPID.
La Dimbulb is a prime example.
Have you gerbil Alice splain it to you sparky.
conservative crapola

Allentown, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 2, 2013

Judged:

Le Jimbo wrote:
<quoted text>
lejimfraud cry-a-thon: Day 57.
just another guy

Denver, CO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 2, 2013

Judged:

<quoted text>
The TRUTH doesn't need defending.
That's why teabaggers depend on and defend OPINION.
Someone else's at that.
That is why the left is always bragging about polls? zero wouldn't know the truth if it was on his teleprompter . Try again.

“I think therefore I...forgot!!”

Level 5

Since: Nov 12

Denver, CO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 2, 2013

Judged:

Cat74 wrote:
Told you as soon as the Democrat was reelected they would go for the guns. Luckily the Supreme Court has already spoken, and even if the Democrats think they have a King they still need the other 2 branches of government. They never think about removing the crazy people from society, because they all vote DEmocrat. I will bet you any money the shooter, his parents, and brother are all Democrats. They believe if you just give the crazy one his medication he will somehow be normal. Well, he won't be norml, ever.
Ok Hitler, who decides on which people are to be removed?

“I think therefore I...forgot!!”

Level 5

Since: Nov 12

Denver, CO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 2, 2013

Judged:

I have Tourette's syndrome, OCD, and ADHD. Am I one of the people who should be removed?

After 18 years of volunteer work in the schools, hospitals, police stations, and speaking all over this country without asking for a penny I am probably one of the people you want "Removed?"

Since: Aug 10

Cathouse Mouse

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 2, 2013

Judged:

The only people who's looking at removal from society are those who will refuse to turn over their guns when the Feds come for them.
Busty Miss Returns

Denver, CO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 2, 2013

Kawalski wrote:
I have Tourette's syndrome, OCD, and ADHD. Am I one of the people who should be removed?
After 18 years of volunteer work in the schools, hospitals, police stations, and speaking all over this country without asking for a penny I am probably one of the people you want "Removed?"
It would have to go through me, and many other people, for that to happen, Kawalski!

“I Luv Carbon Dioxide”

Level 10

Since: Dec 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 2, 2013

Judged:

Obama's official White House website hosts a petition to deport Piers Morgan for his political speech on gun control. Demagogy is bad; it distracts the masses from the issues and it's based on hate politics.
Busty Miss Returns

Denver, CO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 2, 2013

Funny thing is how many come to America to live and appreciate all it has to offer.

Then there are those who are citizens of another country who believe they have the right to tell Americans how to run America.

How many want to tell England how to run their country? First thing to go is the BBC TV License tax. Color/colour tv is around $200 American. Black and white is around $65 American...per television!

http://www.turnoffyourtv.com/international/bb...

If Piers doesn't like how America operates, there are planes leaving for his home country all the time.

Level 5

Since: Feb 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 2, 2013

Judged:

Busty Miss Returns wrote:
If Piers doesn't like how America operates, there are planes leaving for his home country all the time.
Funny how the gun gnutters scream and cry and whine about the Second Amendment - which they don't understand- but lord forbid if someone expresses an opinion based on the First Amendment.

WAH WAH WAH!

Suck it up.
Busty Miss Returns

Denver, CO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 2, 2013

Judged:

barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
Funny how the gun gnutters scream and cry and whine about the Second Amendment - which they don't understand- but lord forbid if someone expresses an opinion based on the First Amendment.
WAH WAH WAH!
Suck it up.
Lord forbid if I express my opinion (so sad for you that I have the same rights)....lol

You suck it up...you spilled it in the first place and you look so good with your face on the floor (it's such a natural place for you to be).

LMAOAHSYA

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Denver Discussions

Search the Denver Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Colo. gay discrimination alleged over wedding cake (Jun '13) 10 hr Frankie Rizzo 2,567
The horrible murder of Brandy Duvall. (Aug '11) 11 hr Another bitch 39
Gina Kurfis (Oct '13) 12 hr Another bitch 4
The Entertainment Industry is Bringing Decadenc... 13 hr Commander Bunny 4
Ban the user above you game (Oct '11) 14 hr _satan_64 2,784
Judge strikes down gay marriage ban, stays ruling 19 hr LRDII 3
What would happen if the United States ever dec... (Oct '10) 21 hr kevin winters 141
•••
•••
•••
•••

Denver Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Denver People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••