US school shooting revives gun debate

US school shooting revives gun debate

There are 2340 comments on the Yahoo! story from Dec 14, 2012, titled US school shooting revives gun debate. In it, Yahoo! reports that:

Relatives of those killed in past mass shootings reacted with outrage to Friday's news of another massacre at an elementary school in Connecticut.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Yahoo!.

“Life is Good”

Level 3

Since: Nov 08

Perpignan

#651 Dec 30, 2012
Wall Street Government wrote:
<quoted text>
Truth is a five letter word.
Count is another five letter word, teabaggers can't comprehend.
Empty is another five letter word for what resides in their cranium.
Poor teabagger.
Obama is another five letter word and for sure voting for it twice shows your lack of intellegence.

“Life is Good”

Level 3

Since: Nov 08

Perpignan

#652 Dec 30, 2012
<quoted text>
Her is more "truth" from the same web "host", so Obama MUST support these also:
We petition the obama administration to:
Protect Piers Morgan's Rights under the First Amendment as an Individual and the Press! Keep Piers Morgan in the U.S.!
Keep Piers Morgan in the United States and protect the rights of Freedom of Speech and Freedom of the Press under the 1st Amendment!
we petition the obama administration to:
Keep Piers Morgan in the USA
We want to keep Piers Morgan in the USA.
There are two very good reasons for this. Firstly, the first amendment.
Second and the more important point. No one in the UK wants him back.
Actually there is a third. It will be hilarious to see how loads of angry Americans react.
We Petition the Obama Administration To send Piers Morgan back to Great Britain.
Deport British Citizen Piers Morgan for Attacking 2nd Amendment
British Citizen and CNN television host Piers Morgan is engaged in a hostile attack against the U.S. Constitution by targeting the Second Amendment. We demand that Mr. Morgan be deported immediately for his effort to undermine the Bill of Rights and for exploiting his position as a national network television host to stage attacks against the rights of American citizens.
So which is the "truth"?
Should he go or stay?
This "hosting" is so confusing especially for a teabagger.
wwws.whitehouse.gov/petitions - Cached
You loons love to assume acceptance, but not to sane people, but only to each other. You remind me of a group of monkeys taking turns picking fleas off of each other and eating them.
Wall Street Government

Sebastian, FL

#653 Dec 30, 2012
Le Jimbo wrote:
<quoted text>Obama is another five letter word and for sure voting for it twice shows your lack of intellegence.
Did republicans/teabaggers give anyone a choice?

Seems they never do.

Republicans voting for George twice?

The ultimate test in stupidity, of course teabaggers came though with flying colors.
Wall Street Government

Sebastian, FL

#654 Dec 30, 2012
Le Jimbo wrote:
<quoted text>You loons love to assume acceptance, but not to sane people, but only to each other. You remind me of a group of monkeys taking turns picking fleas off of each other and eating them.
Yeah, as teabagger went through all those candidates for president then ended up supporting and voting for a candidate they earlier dismissed, who didn't even want the job.

Poor teabagger.
Knock off purse seller

Englewood, CO

#655 Dec 30, 2012
The hysteria has brought gun control to the surface once again, but here are a few words on this.......

In the last ten years we have had 200 or less in the US killed in such shooting sprees. In this same amount of time, we have had over 100,000 killed in drunken driving accidents, yet nobody is calling for prohibition or some great social "soul searching." Why is that? Are we a nation so mindless as to allow our Constitutional rights to be ripped away over a few guys out of over 300,000,000 people in this country that the media and academic liberals keep screeching about, but by the way don't you dare take away my Budweiser? I know emotional hysteria when I see it, and I see it.

Why are you partaking in this circus? How much liquor do you have at home?
The Infantile left Winged

Minden, NV

#656 Dec 30, 2012
<quoted text>
Poor teabagger.
WHAT???
You mean that joe biden is wrong!!!

ROTFLMAO You are so predictable!!! ROTFLMAO You are so liberal!!! ROTFLMAO

Minden, NV

#657 Dec 30, 2012
<quoted text>
Seems they never do.
The ultimate test in stupidity, of course teabaggers came though with flying colors.
And you dickheads voted the current useless vacationing/golfing all the time $6 Trillion debt in four years POS???
No dumbshit! You dopes are the ones who have shown pure stupidity with flying colors!

Minden, NV

#658 Dec 30, 2012
<quoted text>
Seems they never do.
Well... stupid lemming! If you are referring to changing the word 'MURDER' to "choice"? Then thank God that there are still sane people out here that are fighting for the lives of the most innocent!

You support the 'MURDER' of innocent human beings! That says a whole lot about your so called caring!!!
Wall Street Government

Sebastian, FL

#659 Dec 30, 2012
Knock off purse seller wrote:
The hysteria has brought gun control to the surface once again, but here are a few words on this.......
In the last ten years we have had 200 or less in the US killed in such shooting sprees. In this same amount of time, we have had over 100,000 killed in drunken driving accidents, yet nobody is calling for prohibition or some great social "soul searching." Why is that? Are we a nation so mindless as to allow our Constitutional rights to be ripped away over a few guys out of over 300,000,000 people in this country that the media and academic liberals keep screeching about, but by the way don't you dare take away my Budweiser? I know emotional hysteria when I see it, and I see it.
Why are you partaking in this circus? How much liquor do you have at home?
Because if you actually had to kill and field dress what you were going to eat that day, the mindset might be different.

If anyone needs 30 rounds to kill and eat their dinner or defend themselves.

I would start taking additional time at the target range and I damned sure wouldn't want them around me with a weapon that might eject an object out of a gun barrel.

Minden, NV

#660 Dec 30, 2012
Knock off purse seller wrote:
In the last ten years we have had 200 or less in the US killed in such shooting sprees. In this same amount of time, we have had over 100,000 killed in drunken driving accidents, yet nobody is calling for prohibition or some great social "soul searching." Why is that?
Because it is a lot easier for this 'tyrannical Govt' to control those with out the ability to protect them selves from a 'tyrannical Govt' like the second amendment was designed!

And what do you think oblamer care is all about? TOTAL CONTROL... they don't giveashit about your health, unless you are paying taxes, of course!!!
Wall Street Government

Sebastian, FL

#661 Dec 30, 2012
The Infantile left Winged wrote:
<quoted text>
And you dickheads voted the current useless vacationing/golfing all the time $6 Trillion debt in four years POS???
No dumbshit! You dopes are the ones who have shown pure stupidity with flying colors!
And teabaggers proposed the alternative?

A person they endorsed who was their last resort, a "wannabe" teabagger who couldn't keep a straight policy?

Who didn't even want the job.

487 days at Camp David
490 days at Crawford Ranch
43 days at Kennebunkport Compound

Total: 1020 days, more than 1/3rd of his presidency. Bush set the record for most vacation time taken by president.

Carter took 79 days in 4 years.
Clinton took 152 days in 8 years.

Reagan took 335 days in 8 years.
Bush Sr. took 543 days in 4 years!

There has been criticism of the president's vacation at this time. But how does the number of vacation days the president has spent compare to his predecessors? CBS Radio's Mark Knoller has kept track of presidential vacations for years and supplied the data.

So far, President Obama has taken 61 vacation days after 31 months in office. At this point in their presidencies, George W. Bush had spent 180 days at his ranch where his staff often joined him for meetings. And Ronald Reagan had taken 112 vacation days at his ranch.

Poor teabagger.
Wall Street Government

Sebastian, FL

#662 Dec 30, 2012
The Infantile left Winged wrote:
<quoted text>
Well... stupid lemming! If you are referring to changing the word 'MURDER' to "choice"? Then thank God that there are still sane people out here that are fighting for the lives of the most innocent!
You support the 'MURDER' of innocent human beings! That says a whole lot about your so called caring!!!
No, nut job teabagger, I didn't "refer" to changing the word to murder, if I had then I would have stated MURDER.

Dumbshit.

Level 7

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#663 Dec 30, 2012
<quoted text>
Poor teabagger.
I see now that the senate is working out a framework of a deal, the House tea party republicans are already saying they won't pass anything with a tax increase on the top 2%.....they would rather serve Grover Norquist and the corporate wealthy than our country....Treason is a 7 letter word....
Wall Street Government

Sebastian, FL

#664 Dec 30, 2012
Go Blue Forever wrote:
<quoted text>I see now that the senate is working out a framework of a deal, the House tea party republicans are already saying they won't pass anything with a tax increase on the top 2%.....they would rather serve Grover Norquist and the corporate wealthy than our country....Treason is a 7 letter word....
Reaganomics will work, it's just over 30 years of practice that doesn't.

Since: Aug 10

Cathouse Mouse

#665 Dec 30, 2012
titonton divaunte pants wrote:
<quoted text> yeah. Then how come you guys don't make any noise over innocent muslim children killed in drone attacks? Its totally hypocritical. Btw way more of them dead, nobody on tv crying over it. I see why you don't want reasonable people owning guns either. Makes us harder to control. http://www.commondreams.org/view/2012/12/17-3
If you want to begin a "Save the Muslim Kids" campaign, I totally support your commendable efforts and recommend that you begin with a thread so titled.

I prefer to stay on topic and discuss the solutions for preventing another one of your gun lovin' pals from slaughtering more of our grade school kids with some rapid fire Rambo machine.

“I Luv Carbon Dioxide”

Level 10

Since: Dec 08

Home, sweet home.

#666 Dec 30, 2012
Her is more "truth" from the same web "host", so Obama MUST support these also:...
I don't claim Obama supports deportation, I claim he's using demagoguery to appeal to populist support. I don't think he cares one way or the other as long as hate politics allows him to attract low information voters like the poster quoted above.

See how they defend Obama even while his website calls for the deportation of a political commentator who sides with their gun control objectives?
OH NO YOU Did not

Rancho Cucamonga, CA

#667 Dec 30, 2012
Brian_G wrote:
<quoted text>Do you understand the definition of 'host'?
Definition of HOST
a : one that receives or entertains guests socially, commercially, or officially
b : one that provides facilities for an event or function <our college served as host for the basketball tournament>
http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/hos...
The petition is on Obama's White House website; he is obviously hosting a demagogic attack on a political opponent of gun ownership. Why can't you be honest with yourself and see the truth?
They are liberals; so as you can see they never acknowledge the truth. You provide them with proof and then they say the sky is green. The funniest thing is that they berate you for their lying and name calling. It is hilarious and as they say liberals are easy to be as all they do is hate whereas it takes true courage to suffer the slings and arrows of true conservatism. The other funny thing they tell you that you are crying all the time and that you are not a conservative as they attack you. I mean as a liberal how would they know ANYTHING OF HOW IT IS TO BE CONSERVATIVE. So, welcome to surreal world of liberalism where hate is what they do and they tell you who you are. I just laugh and laugh with all that these Obamatons post.
Wall Street Government

Sebastian, FL

#668 Dec 30, 2012
Brian_G wrote:
<quoted text>I don't claim Obama supports deportation, I claim he's using demagoguery to appeal to populist support. I don't think he cares one way or the other as long as hate politics allows him to attract low information voters like the poster quoted above.
See how they defend Obama even while his website calls for the deportation of a political commentator who sides with their gun control objectives?

Protect Piers Morgan's Rights under the First Amendment as an Individual and the Press! Keep Piers Morgan in the U.S.!

Keep Piers Morgan in the United States and protect the rights of Freedom of Speech and Freedom of the Press under the 1st Amendment!

we petition the obama administration to:

Keep Piers Morgan in the USA

The website also has petitions to keep him here.

Is that also "demagoguery"?

And it's not his website.

"attract low information voters like the poster quoted above"

.Like the teabaggers calling for his deportation, just because they disagree.

Teabaggers even wanted Obama deported on their "demagoguery".

Teabaggers whine about ANYTHING Obama and your comment is another example.
Wall Street Government

Sebastian, FL

#669 Dec 30, 2012
OH NO YOU Did not wrote:
<quoted text>
They are liberals; so as you can see they never acknowledge the truth. You provide them with proof and then they say the sky is green. The funniest thing is that they berate you for their lying and name calling. It is hilarious and as they say liberals are easy to be as all they do is hate whereas it takes true courage to suffer the slings and arrows of true conservatism. The other funny thing they tell you that you are crying all the time and that you are not a conservative as they attack you. I mean as a liberal how would they know ANYTHING OF HOW IT IS TO BE CONSERVATIVE. So, welcome to surreal world of liberalism where hate is what they do and they tell you who you are. I just laugh and laugh with all that these Obamatons post.
"Never acknowledge the truth"?

No, the definition of host is correct.

The rest is lying teabagger drivel.

“Invisible Pink Unicorn”

Since: May 08

Location hidden

#670 Dec 30, 2012

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Denver Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Colo. gay discrimination alleged over wedding cake (Jun '13) 1 hr lides 22,804
last post wins! (Feb '11) 5 hr Death Kitten 25,172
would you allow me to talk about sex with your ... 6 hr paco20 1
Fundraiser for the Denver Diet of Marijuana in ... 7 hr Culture Auditor 1
News Lawmakers Consider Gay Discrimination Policies 7 hr Sue 5,717
Murderous White Cops 13 hr Knock off purse s... 3
gay pride rainbow 19 hr WhyUsic 2
More from around the web

Denver People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Denver Mortgages