US school shooting revives gun debate

Dec 14, 2012 Full story: Yahoo! 2,340

Relatives of those killed in past mass shootings reacted with outrage to Friday's news of another massacre at an elementary school in Connecticut.

Full Story
downhill246

Boca Raton, FL

#2406 Feb 24, 2013
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
Pedophilia has not a thing to do with being gay, I am sure the court explained that all to you under the terms of your parole.
And you have already shown us how fond you are of the founding fathers, the majority of whom owned slaves...
Happy to point out your spelling errors, though, Donglicker.
You mean you being gay and being a pedophile are two separate genetic defects? Is your propensity for having gay sex with farm animals a third distinct defect or is it related to one of the other two, or both? Happy to point out your spelling errors, flamer.
downhill246

Boca Raton, FL

#2407 Feb 24, 2013
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
The lady doth protest too much, methinks.
Wipe your chin, Jaggoff.
And time for you to come in to change the batteries in your ankle bracelet.

Didn't anyone ever teach you that you shouldn't start a sentence with a conjunction? Maybe your GED didn't cover that fact.
just another guy

Denver, CO

#2408 Feb 24, 2013
downhill246 wrote:
<quoted text>
You mean you being gay and being a pedophile are two separate genetic defects? Is your propensity for having gay sex with farm animals a third distinct defect or is it related to one of the other two, or both? Happy to point out your spelling errors, flamer.
I think barefool is on here looking for dates. A sane person would grasp that it won't work after the first several thousand unsuccessful attempts.
The only good thing about barefool is the number of people it has converted to conservative. No sane person would align themselves with barefool.

Level 6

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#2409 Feb 25, 2013
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
STFU.
You don't know what you are talking about.
Cuba has 'democratic processes' and so did the USSR.
The USA is a democratic federal constitutional republic, I don't need your uninformed, high school drop out opinion, especially since it seems you lack the ability to move any further in your education.
Get your GED and get back to me.
The first question will be: Is the USA a democracy?
Apparently you do.

Level 6

Location hidden

#2410 Feb 25, 2013
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
You don't even know that the USA is a democracy.
I don't expect you know what the Bill of Rights is.
You don’t know that it isn’t, nor do you UNDERSTAD the Bill of Rights either.

Public school.

Level 6

Location hidden

#2411 Feb 25, 2013
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
Impose?
So you got no further in English than you did in civics.
You are a waste of time.
And you're just a scare little waste.

Level 5

Since: Feb 11

Location hidden

#2413 Feb 25, 2013
downhill246 wrote:
<quoted text>
You mean you being gay and being a pedophile are two separate genetic defects?
Are you saying you prefer taking on men at both ends at once?

Must make it hard to type... but not impossible, as you have proven.

Level 5

Location hidden

#2414 Feb 25, 2013
downhill246 wrote:
<quoted text>
Didn't anyone ever teach you that you shouldn't start a sentence with a conjunction?
No one who knows what they are talking about would say such a thing, Donglicker.

(quote)
Conjunctions to start sentences

If anyone tells you starting sentence with a coordinating conjunction (and, but, for, nor, or, so, yet) is incorrect, hand them any piece of professional writing and have them take a look. In literature, journalism, speeches, and formal writing of all kinds, using these conjunctions to start sentences is more than just acceptable; it’s ubiquitous. Open any book, even one with technical, scholarly, or otherwise formal writing, and you are likely to find numerous examples. There are exceptions, of course, but these are rare. That there is some sort of rule against sentence-beginning conjunctions is an old myth that never seems to go away despite the fact that it is not at all borne out in the writing of actual English speakers.

There are many reasons to start a sentence with a coordinating conjunction (as far as we know, nobody questions the use of subordinating and correlative conjunctions to start sentences). For instance, sometimes it helps create the tone of an afterthought or a second guess—e.g.,“I think I’ll go to the store. Or maybe I’ll just stay home.” Sometimes it helps create a smoother transition between sentences—e.g.,“If you don’t like conjunctions at the beginnings of sentences, then don’t use them. And if you don’t mind them, then don’t worry about it.” Sometimes it helps move an argument or narrative forward—e.g.,“When he went to bed that night, he was human. So he was surprised to wake up the next morning with paws instead of hands.” Sometimes sentence-beginning conjunctions just sound right. Fluent English speakers need not question their instincts on this.

As with many longstanding English myths, there are people who feel strongly about this one. But there is no reason to appease these people in this case—except perhaps when they happen to be our teachers or bosses—as this myth is especially useless, and the sooner it’s forgotten, the better.

Level 5

Location hidden

#2415 Feb 25, 2013
downhill246 wrote:
<quoted text>
Didn't anyone ever teach you that you shouldn't start a sentence with a conjunction?
Fewer words:

"But there is no reason to appease these people in this case—except perhaps when they happen to be our teachers or bosses—as this myth is especially useless, and the sooner it’s forgotten, the better."

Wipe your chin, donglicker.

Level 5

Location hidden

#2416 Feb 25, 2013
Respect71 wrote:
<quoted text>
Apparently you do.
Clearly I do, Shug.

Level 5

Location hidden

#2417 Feb 25, 2013
Respect71 wrote:
<quoted text>
You don’t know that it isn’t, nor do you UNDERSTAD the Bill of Rights either.
Public school.
Have to love it when someone who can't spell insists someone else has intelligence problems...

And puts it in CAPS to boot...

HAHAHAHAAHAH!

Level 6

Location hidden

#2418 Feb 25, 2013
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>Have to love it when someone who can't spell insists someone else has intelligence problems...

And puts it in CAPS to boot...

HAHAHAHAAHAH!
Typos are what they are... And Americans still have the right to have firearms. No matter how scared you are little guy. Now go spread the word that America is a democracy and be laughed at.

Level 5

Location hidden

#2419 Feb 25, 2013
Respect71 wrote:
Typos are what they are.
I understand: you have 'typos', and everyone else in the universe you disagree with must have poor education.

Skanque.

You also have a ENTER key and of course if you do know how to spell... you have a backspace key.

Level 5

Location hidden

#2420 Feb 25, 2013
Respect71 wrote:
Now go spread the word that America is a democracy and be laughed at.
I don't have to spread the word.

People who know what they are talking about know the USA is a democracy. They can hold the concept of the republic and the concept of a democracy and know that they are not mutually exclusive.

And they don't care what you think, BOY.

Level 5

Location hidden

#2421 Feb 25, 2013
Respect71 wrote:
<quoted text>
And you're just a scare little waste.
PS: silly of you to jump on the bandwagon about people starting sentences with conjunctions, eh?

Level 5

Location hidden

#2422 Feb 25, 2013
Respect71 wrote:
And Americans still have the right to have firearms.
They don't.

Level 6

Location hidden

#2423 Feb 25, 2013
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>I don't have to spread the word.

People who know what they are talking about know the USA is a democracy. They can hold the concept of the republic and the concept of a democracy and know that they are not mutually exclusive.

And they don't care what you think, BOY.
Laughter rings out! And guns continue to sell because of our Constitution and no matter if 55% of Americans vote to make it illegal. Rights aren't given by government.

Level 6

Location hidden

#2424 Feb 25, 2013
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>They don't.
Lol. More and louder laughter rings out!

Level 5

Location hidden

#2425 Feb 25, 2013
Respect71 wrote:
<quoted text>
Laughter rings out! And guns continue to sell because of our Constitution
I am sure you thought Sandy Hook was hilarious, Shug.

++

A 4-year-old boy accidentally shot and killed himself with his father's gun in north Houston early Sunday morning.

Jaiden Pratt was spending the weekend with his father, 21-year-old Marquiez Pratt, in the 13500 block of Northborough, just south of West Rankin, when the accident occurred, said Sgt. Brian Harris with the Houston Police Department's homicide department.

Father and son had been sleeping on the couch. The young boy woke up and picked up his father's handgun lying nearby, shooting himself in the stomach, police said. Neighbors heard the shot.

Level 5

Location hidden

#2426 Feb 25, 2013
Respect71 wrote:
<quoted text>
Lol. More and louder laughter rings out!
HIlarious! Another man kills his girlfriend!

++

COLUMBIA (WACH / AP)- One woman is dead after an early morning shooting in Richland County.

Richland County Sheriff's Deputies responded to a shooting at a residence on Todd Branch Drive at approximately 6 a.m Monday.

According to Deputy Curtis Wilson, a 35-year-old woman was shot by her boyfriend. Richland County Coroner Gary Watts later identified the woman as Tabitha Priester of Columbia.

Richland County Sheriff Spokesperson Curtis Wilson identified the suspect as 31-year-old Percy Williams.

Wilson adds after the shooting Williams went to a gas station where he called authorities and turned himself in.

Investigators say a friend convinced him to turn himself in to deputies.

A male roommate was at the home at the time of the shooting.

Williams is charged with murder. It wasn't known if he had a lawyer.

(The Associated Press contributed to this report.)

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Denver Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Colo. gay discrimination alleged over wedding cake (Jun '13) 13 min Poof1 5,311
Republicans the party of LIARS (Dec '11) 2 hr mjjcpa 14,219
Teacher back in class after Bush-Hitler comparison (Mar '06) 7 hr Sniper II 95
Points in the Game (Jul '11) 8 hr Sniper II 1,259
last post wins! (Feb '11) 8 hr Sniper II 24,848
Housewife convicted of frying husband (Mar '07) 15 hr Maverick 808 56
Memory Foam mattress (Aug '13) 17 hr Ted Smith 11
Denver Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web