US school shooting revives gun debate

Dec 14, 2012 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: Yahoo!

Relatives of those killed in past mass shootings reacted with outrage to Friday's news of another massacre at an elementary school in Connecticut.

Comments (Page 112)

Showing posts 2,221 - 2,240 of2,342
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
downhill246

Boca Raton, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#2382
Feb 21, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
You don't even know that the USA is a democracy.
I don't expect you know what the Bill of Rights is.
We are NOT a democracy because the Founding Fathers didn't like democracies and stated that quite clearly. They called a democracy a mobocracy.

"Democracies have ever been spectacles of turbulence and contention; have ever been found incompatible with personal security, or the rights of property; and have, in general, been as short in their lives as they have been violent in their deaths."
James Madison

"Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide."
John Adams

"A democracy is a volcano which conceals the fiery materials of its own destruction. These will produce an eruption and carry desolation in their way. The known propensity of a democracy is to licentiousness which the ambitious call, and ignorant believe to be liberty."
Fisher Ames, Author of the House Language for the First Amendment

"We have seen the tumult of democracy terminate,as [it has] everywhere terminated, in despotism. Democracy! savage and wild. Thou who wouldst bring down the virtuous and wise to thy level of folly and guilt.
Gouverneur Morris, Signer and Penman of the US Constitution

"The experience of all former ages had shown that of all human governments, democracy was the most unstable, fluctuating and short-lived."
John Quincy Adams

"A simple democracy is one of the greatest of evils."
Benjamin Rush, Signer of the Declaration

"In democracy there are commonly tumults and disorders.... Therefore a pure democracy is generally a very bad government. It is often the most tyrannical government on earth."
Noah Webster

"Pure democracy cannot subsist long nor be carried far into the departments of state, it is very subject to caprice and the madness of popular rage."
John Witherspoon, Signer of the Declaration of Independence

"It may generally be remarked that the more a government resembles a pure democracy the more they abound with disorder and confusion."
Zephaniah Swift, Author of America's First Legal Text

Level 5

Since: Feb 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#2383
Feb 22, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

downhill246 wrote:
<quoted text>
We are NOT a democracy ...
Democracy, donglicker.

Wipe you chin.

If only you had spent time in history class instead of relieving the sexual frustration of high school jocks in bath room stalls, you might have learned something above governments.

Level 5

Since: Feb 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#2384
Feb 22, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

downhill246 wrote:
<quoted text>
We are NOT a democracy because the Founding Fathers didn't like democracies
If you had stayed in school, Donglicker- well, if you attended CLASS during school instead of bathrooms- you would know that there is a difference between a direct democracy and an indirect democracy (such as the federal republic democracy we have in the US).

Thanks for the quotes from all those slave owners, though.

Shows you can copy and paste.

Since: Aug 10

Cathouse Mouse

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#2385
Feb 22, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

The leaders of India can know that nations around the world support them in the face of this assault on human dignity. And as the people of the world's largest democracy recover from these attacks, they can count on the world's oldest democracy to stand by their side.

- GW Bush

http://georgewbush-whitehouse.archives.gov/ne...
downhill246

Boca Raton, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#2387
Feb 22, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
Democracy, donglicker.
Wipe you chin.
If only you had spent time in history class instead of relieving the sexual frustration of high school jocks in bath room stalls, you might have learned something above governments.
Sorry dipsh!t, we are not a democracy. I thought with your brand new rainbow GED you would know that .We pledge allegiance to a republic, not a democracy.

America is a Constitutional Republic ... NOT a Democracy
http://www.stopthenorthamericanunion.com/NotD...

"Well, Dr. Franklin, what have you done for us?"

"My dear lady, we have given to you a republic--if you can keep it."
Benjamin Franklin

Since: Aug 10

Cathouse Mouse

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#2388
Feb 22, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

downhill246 wrote:
<quoted text>
Sorry dipsh!t, we are not a democracy. I thought with your brand new rainbow GED you would know that .We pledge allegiance to a republic, not a democracy.
America is a Constitutional Republic ... NOT a Democracy
http://www.stopthenorthamericanunion.com/NotD...
"Well, Dr. Franklin, what have you done for us?"
"My dear lady, we have given to you a republic--if you can keep it."
Benjamin Franklin
"Democracy is worth dying for, because it's the most deeply honorable form of government ever devised by man."

- Ronald Reagan
downhill246

Boca Raton, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#2389
Feb 22, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
If you had stayed in school, Donglicker- well, if you attended CLASS during school instead of bathrooms- you would know that there is a difference between a direct democracy and an indirect democracy (such as the federal republic democracy we have in the US).
Thanks for the quotes from all those slave owners, though.
Shows you can copy and paste.


I see your knowledge of history sucks almost as much as you do.
Noah Webster, Fisher Ames , John Adams, John Quincy Adams , Governeur Morris, Benjamin Rush and Zephaniah Swift were NOT slave owners, only James Madison was.
downhill246

Boca Raton, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#2390
Feb 22, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
If you had stayed in school, Donglicker- well, if you attended CLASS during school instead of bathrooms- you would know that there is a difference between a direct democracy and an indirect democracy (such as the federal republic democracy we have in the US).
Thanks for the quotes from all those slave owners, though.
Shows you can copy and paste.


You are so pale. Are you sure you aren't dead and just too stupid to lie down? If so it would explain your ongoing and never ending stupidity.
downhill246

Boca Raton, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#2391
Feb 22, 2013
 

Judged:

1

Cathouse Mouse wrote:
<quoted text>
"Democracy is worth dying for, because it's the most deeply honorable form of government ever devised by man."
- Ronald Reagan
"Democracy will soon degenerate into an anarchy; such an anarchy that every man will do what is right in his own eyes and no man's life or property or reputation or liberty will be secure, and every one of these will soon mould itself into a system of subordination of all the moral virtues and intellectual abilities, all the powers of wealth, beauty, wit, and science, to the wanton pleasures, the capricious will, and the execrable [abominable] cruelty of one or a very few."

John Adams

Level 5

Since: Feb 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#2392
Feb 22, 2013
 

Judged:

1

downhill246 wrote:
Noah Webster
Webster:
(Letter, March 18 1837): "slavery is a great sin and a general calamity but it is not our sin, though it may prove to be a terrible calamity to us in the north. But we cannot legally interfere with the South on this subject." ... "To come north to preach and thus disturb our peace, when we can legally do nothing to effect this object, is, in my view, highly criminal and the preachers of abolitionism deserve the penitentiary."

Level 5

Since: Feb 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#2393
Feb 22, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

downhill246 wrote:
<quoted text>
"Democracy will soon degenerate into an anarchy
Gosh... here we are, democratic 220+ years later.
downhill246

Boca Raton, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#2394
Feb 22, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
Webster:
(Letter, March 18 1837): "slavery is a great sin and a general calamity but it is not our sin, though it may prove to be a terrible calamity to us in the north. But we cannot legally interfere with the South on this subject." ... "To come north to preach and thus disturb our peace, when we can legally do nothing to effect this object, is, in my view, highly criminal and the preachers of abolitionism deserve the penitentiary."
You said he was a slave holder . He was not a slave holder so it was not his sin.
downhill246

Boca Raton, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#2395
Feb 22, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
Gosh... here we ar e, democratic 220+ years later.
Liar.

Level 5

Since: Feb 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#2397
Feb 23, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

downhill246 wrote:
<quoted text>
You said he was a slave holder . He was not a slave holder so it was not his sin.
I did not say he was a slave holder.

Follow the thread, donglicker. I said you were fond of quoting founding fathers- most of whom were slave holders.

Webster was not a slave holder himself, but- if you can read- you can see he suggested putting other abolitionists in jail for coming from the south and sharing the opinion that slavery should be abolished.

Now what the slave owners has to do with the topic of this sentence is anyone's guess, are you going to come back to it someday?
downhill246

Boca Raton, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#2398
Feb 23, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
I did not say he was a slave holder.
Follow the thread, donglicker. I said you were fond of quoting founding fathers- most of whom were slave holders.
Webster was not a slave holder himself, but- if you can read- you can see he suggested putting other abolitionists in jail for coming from the south and sharing the opinion that slavery should be abolished.
Now what the slave owners has to do with the topic of this sentence is anyone's guess, are you going to come back to it someday?


If your nose grew every time you told a lie you could enter the next Olympics as an all natural pole vaulter.

You-
"Thanks for the quotes from all those slave owners, though."

Only one was a slave owner so you lied.
just another guy

Denver, CO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#2399
Feb 23, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

downhill246 wrote:
<quoted text>
If your nose grew every time you told a lie you could enter the next Olympics as an all natural pole vaulter.
You-
"Thanks for the quotes from all those slave owners, though."
Only one was a slave owner so you lied.
Interesting how the founders also wrote the first which the left uses and swears by. Guess they think the Constitution is like a menu rather than a foundation.

Level 5

Since: Feb 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#2400
Feb 24, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

downhill246 wrote:
You-
"Thanks for the quotes from all those slave owners, though."
Only one was a slave owner so you lied.
Do you want me to remind you of your other fondling father quotes, donglicker?

Level 5

Since: Feb 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#2401
Feb 24, 2013
 

Judged:

1

just another guy wrote:
<quoted text>
Interesting how the founders also wrote the first which the left uses and swears by.
Why don't you show everyone the founders I swear by, JustGayGuy?
just another guy

Saint Louis, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#2402
Feb 24, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
Why don't you show everyone the founders I swear by, JustGayGuy?
I see no reason to subject me to your gay fantasies simply because you are unable to comprehend the English language.

Level 5

Since: Feb 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#2403
Feb 24, 2013
 

Judged:

1

just another guy wrote:
<quoted text>
I see no reason to subject me to your gay fantasies
The lady doth protest too much, methinks.

Wipe your chin, Jaggoff.

And time for you to come in to change the batteries in your ankle bracelet.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 2,221 - 2,240 of2,342
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

31 Users are viewing the Denver Forum right now

Search the Denver Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Republicans the party of LIARS (Dec '11) 1 hr KarlVIIIII 11,306
7 best things to do in Denver this weekend 1 hr Trigger 1
Colo. gay discrimination alleged over wedding cake (Jun '13) 7 hr DNF 1,417
BangItAmmo.com 9 hr Concerned Citizen 1
So what's the story with Richard Kirk the pot p... Wed Commander Bunny 2
You rule the planet. How do you save the human... (Dec '12) Apr 16 Retired SOF 1,181
CO Colorado Primary Election August 10: Will you v... (Aug '10) Apr 15 paula baby 30
•••
•••
•••
•••

Denver Jobs

•••
•••
•••

Denver People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]
•••