US school shooting revives gun debate

Dec 14, 2012 Full story: Yahoo! 2,340

Relatives of those killed in past mass shootings reacted with outrage to Friday's news of another massacre at an elementary school in Connecticut.

Full Story

Level 5

Since: Feb 11

Location hidden

#2384 Feb 22, 2013
downhill246 wrote:
<quoted text>
We are NOT a democracy because the Founding Fathers didn't like democracies
If you had stayed in school, Donglicker- well, if you attended CLASS during school instead of bathrooms- you would know that there is a difference between a direct democracy and an indirect democracy (such as the federal republic democracy we have in the US).

Thanks for the quotes from all those slave owners, though.

Shows you can copy and paste.

Since: Aug 10

Cathouse Mouse

#2385 Feb 22, 2013
The leaders of India can know that nations around the world support them in the face of this assault on human dignity. And as the people of the world's largest democracy recover from these attacks, they can count on the world's oldest democracy to stand by their side.

- GW Bush

http://georgewbush-whitehouse.archives.gov/ne...
downhill246

Boca Raton, FL

#2387 Feb 22, 2013
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
Democracy, donglicker.
Wipe you chin.
If only you had spent time in history class instead of relieving the sexual frustration of high school jocks in bath room stalls, you might have learned something above governments.
Sorry dipsh!t, we are not a democracy. I thought with your brand new rainbow GED you would know that .We pledge allegiance to a republic, not a democracy.

America is a Constitutional Republic ... NOT a Democracy
http://www.stopthenorthamericanunion.com/NotD...

"Well, Dr. Franklin, what have you done for us?"

"My dear lady, we have given to you a republic--if you can keep it."
Benjamin Franklin

Since: Aug 10

Cathouse Mouse

#2388 Feb 22, 2013
downhill246 wrote:
<quoted text>
Sorry dipsh!t, we are not a democracy. I thought with your brand new rainbow GED you would know that .We pledge allegiance to a republic, not a democracy.
America is a Constitutional Republic ... NOT a Democracy
http://www.stopthenorthamericanunion.com/NotD...
"Well, Dr. Franklin, what have you done for us?"
"My dear lady, we have given to you a republic--if you can keep it."
Benjamin Franklin
"Democracy is worth dying for, because it's the most deeply honorable form of government ever devised by man."

- Ronald Reagan
downhill246

Boca Raton, FL

#2389 Feb 22, 2013
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
If you had stayed in school, Donglicker- well, if you attended CLASS during school instead of bathrooms- you would know that there is a difference between a direct democracy and an indirect democracy (such as the federal republic democracy we have in the US).

I see your knowledge of history sucks almost as much as you do.
Noah Webster, Fisher Ames , John Adams, John Quincy Adams , Governeur Morris, Benjamin Rush and Zephaniah Swift were NOT slave owners, only James Madison was.
downhill246

Boca Raton, FL

#2390 Feb 22, 2013
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>

You are so pale. Are you sure you aren't dead and just too stupid to lie down? If so it would explain your ongoing and never ending stupidity.
downhill246

Boca Raton, FL

#2391 Feb 22, 2013
Cathouse Mouse wrote:
<quoted text>
"Democracy is worth dying for, because it's the most deeply honorable form of government ever devised by man."
- Ronald Reagan
"Democracy will soon degenerate into an anarchy; such an anarchy that every man will do what is right in his own eyes and no man's life or property or reputation or liberty will be secure, and every one of these will soon mould itself into a system of subordination of all the moral virtues and intellectual abilities, all the powers of wealth, beauty, wit, and science, to the wanton pleasures, the capricious will, and the execrable [abominable] cruelty of one or a very few."

John Adams

Level 5

Location hidden

#2392 Feb 22, 2013
downhill246 wrote:
Noah Webster
Webster:
(Letter, March 18 1837): "slavery is a great sin and a general calamity but it is not our sin, though it may prove to be a terrible calamity to us in the north. But we cannot legally interfere with the South on this subject." ... "To come north to preach and thus disturb our peace, when we can legally do nothing to effect this object, is, in my view, highly criminal and the preachers of abolitionism deserve the penitentiary."

Level 5

Location hidden

#2393 Feb 22, 2013
downhill246 wrote:
<quoted text>
"Democracy will soon degenerate into an anarchy
Gosh... here we are, democratic 220+ years later.
downhill246

Boca Raton, FL

#2394 Feb 22, 2013
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
Webster:
(Letter, March 18 1837): "slavery is a great sin and a general calamity but it is not our sin, though it may prove to be a terrible calamity to us in the north. But we cannot legally interfere with the South on this subject." ... "To come north to preach and thus disturb our peace, when we can legally do nothing to effect this object, is, in my view, highly criminal and the preachers of abolitionism deserve the penitentiary."
You said he was a slave holder . He was not a slave holder so it was not his sin.
downhill246

Boca Raton, FL

#2395 Feb 22, 2013
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
Gosh... here we ar e, democratic 220+ years later.
Liar.

Level 5

Location hidden

#2397 Feb 23, 2013
downhill246 wrote:
<quoted text>
You said he was a slave holder . He was not a slave holder so it was not his sin.
I did not say he was a slave holder.

Follow the thread, donglicker. I said you were fond of quoting founding fathers- most of whom were slave holders.

Webster was not a slave holder himself, but- if you can read- you can see he suggested putting other abolitionists in jail for coming from the south and sharing the opinion that slavery should be abolished.

Now what the slave owners has to do with the topic of this sentence is anyone's guess, are you going to come back to it someday?
downhill246

Boca Raton, FL

#2398 Feb 23, 2013
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
I did not say he was a slave holder.
Follow the thread, donglicker. I said you were fond of quoting founding fathers- most of whom were slave holders.
Webster was not a slave holder himself, but- if you can read- you can see he suggested putting other abolitionists in jail for coming from the south and sharing the opinion that slavery should be abolished.
Now what the slave owners has to do with the topic of this sentence is anyone's guess, are you going to come back to it someday?

If your nose grew every time you told a lie you could enter the next Olympics as an all natural pole vaulter.

You-
"Thanks for the quotes from all those slave owners, though."

Only one was a slave owner so you lied.
just another guy

Denver, CO

#2399 Feb 23, 2013
downhill246 wrote:
<quoted text>
If your nose grew every time you told a lie you could enter the next Olympics as an all natural pole vaulter.
You-
Interesting how the founders also wrote the first which the left uses and swears by. Guess they think the Constitution is like a menu rather than a foundation.

Level 5

Location hidden

#2400 Feb 24, 2013
downhill246 wrote:
You-
Do you want me to remind you of your other fondling father quotes, donglicker?

Level 5

Location hidden

#2401 Feb 24, 2013
just another guy wrote:
<quoted text>
Interesting how the founders also wrote the first which the left uses and swears by.
Why don't you show everyone the founders I swear by, JustGayGuy?
just another guy

Murphysboro, IL

#2402 Feb 24, 2013
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
Why don't you show everyone the founders I swear by, JustGayGuy?
I see no reason to subject me to your gay fantasies simply because you are unable to comprehend the English language.

Level 5

Location hidden

#2403 Feb 24, 2013
just another guy wrote:
<quoted text>
I see no reason to subject me to your gay fantasies
The lady doth protest too much, methinks.

Wipe your chin, Jaggoff.

And time for you to come in to change the batteries in your ankle bracelet.
downhill246

Boca Raton, FL

#2404 Feb 24, 2013
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you want me to remind you of your other fondling father quotes, donglicker?
Fondling father? LOL, that explains your gay fetish. See, confession is good for the soul.

Level 5

Location hidden

#2405 Feb 24, 2013
downhill246 wrote:
<quoted text>
Fondling father? LOL, that explains your gay fetish..
Pedophilia has not a thing to do with being gay, I am sure the court explained that all to you under the terms of your parole.

And you have already shown us how fond you are of the founding fathers, the majority of whom owned slaves...

Happy to point out your spelling errors, though, Donglicker.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Denver Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Colo. gay discrimination alleged over wedding cake (Jun '13) 2 hr Gaaaay 3,314
Republicans the party of LIARS (Dec '11) 9 hr KarlVIIIII 12,549
Play the "end of the word" game (Jul '11) 19 hr Petal Power 4,217
Nude photos of 12-year-old girl circulated via ... (Feb '10) Fri Eaddae 305
9news: USGS: Oil, gas at fault for Colo. earth... Sep 19 Bev Jamison 1
ISSL - Bushes legacy. What is the lure? Sep 19 Bev Jamison 2
Denver Dispatch'Awesome' Michelle Obama Thrills... Sep 19 disgruntled reader 1
•••
•••
Denver Dating