US school shooting revives gun debate

Dec 14, 2012 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: Yahoo!

Relatives of those killed in past mass shootings reacted with outrage to Friday's news of another massacre at an elementary school in Connecticut.

Comments (Page 109)

Showing posts 2,161 - 2,180 of2,340
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:

Level 5

Since: Feb 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#2320
Feb 17, 2013
 

Judged:

2

2

2

just another guy wrote:
<quoted text>
The women of America are not afraid of people being armed.
You are a c/s m/f liar.

But we knew that already.

They certainly are and they have good reason for it: women are going to be killed by their husbands, not by burglars.

PS:

WASHINGTON (AP)- The fight over gun control reflects a battle of the sexes. American women say stricter weapon laws would curb violence while men want better enforcement of existing laws, an Associated Press poll finds.

The poll notes some erosion of overall support for tougher gun laws since the days immediately following the deadly school shootings last April in Colorado, but still offers plenty of ammunition to both sides of the debate in a divided Congress.

The telephone survey by ICR of Media, Pa., found 56 percent of American adults favored stricter gun laws and 39 percent opposed. Sixty-six percent of women favored the tougher laws, compared with 45 percent of men. Thirty percent of women and 49 percent of men were opposed

Level 5

Since: Feb 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#2321
Feb 17, 2013
 

Judged:

2

2

2

The Infantile left Winged wrote:
The NRA is NOT fighting hard to stop background checks,
It has, it is, and the only time it doesn't fight background checks- or closing gun show loop holes- is when it sees it is going to lose the fight at which point they pretend they were always for ut and just want input on the rules.

ALWAYS.
just another guy

Holly, CO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#2322
Feb 17, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
You're thinking that I care? Or that it matters?
We know all you care about is your gay fantasies.

It matters because it shows what hypocrites the lunatic left are.

Level 5

Since: Jun 12

Deadwood, SD

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#2323
Feb 17, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
You are a c/s m/f liar.
But we knew that already.
They certainly are and they have good reason for it: women are going to be killed by their husbands, not by burglars.
PS:
WASHINGTON (AP)- The fight over gun control reflects a battle of the sexes. American women say stricter weapon laws would curb violence while men want better enforcement of existing laws, an Associated Press poll finds.
The poll notes some erosion of overall support for tougher gun laws since the days immediately following the deadly school shootings last April in Colorado, but still offers plenty of ammunition to both sides of the debate in a divided Congress.
The telephone survey by ICR of Media, Pa., found 56 percent of American adults favored stricter gun laws and 39 percent opposed. Sixty-six percent of women favored the tougher laws, compared with 45 percent of men. Thirty percent of women and 49 percent of men were opposed
Good thing that 56% cannot change the Constitution, now ain`t it?
just another guy

Holly, CO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#2324
Feb 17, 2013
 

Judged:

2

2

2

barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
You are a c/s m/f liar.
But we knew that already.
They certainly are and they have good reason for it: women are going to be killed by their husbands, not by burglars.
PS:
WASHINGTON (AP)- The fight over gun control reflects a battle of the sexes. American women say stricter weapon laws would curb violence while men want better enforcement of existing laws, an Associated Press poll finds.
The poll notes some erosion of overall support for tougher gun laws since the days immediately following the deadly school shootings last April in Colorado, but still offers plenty of ammunition to both sides of the debate in a divided Congress.
The telephone survey by ICR of Media, Pa., found 56 percent of American adults favored stricter gun laws and 39 percent opposed. Sixty-six percent of women favored the tougher laws, compared with 45 percent of men. Thirty percent of women and 49 percent of men were opposed
Yep they are afraid. That is why 60% of permits are now issued to women.

And once again the Constitution is not subject to the most recent poll. Unless you can get enough votes to amend the 2nd stands.

Oh , how about you find a lie I have told. You keep making that claim.
The Infantile left Winged

Chico, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#2325
Feb 17, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Wall Street Government wrote:
<quoted text>
He only extended 3 provisions of it, and he didn't create it.
It would take congress to repeal it.
Teabaggers wouldn't do that.
No it's NOT different but it just proves, teabaggers blame democrats for policies they implemented.
Then WHINE about it.
Of course it's different! It's oblamer the marxist liberal doing it.
You morons are so predictable!!!
Brad

Manchester, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#2326
Feb 17, 2013
 

Judged:

2

2

1

Wall Street Government wrote:
<quoted text>
The National Rifle Association’s executive vice president continued to oppose background checks for all gun purchases.
What a dumshit.
Its an entire industry that supports hundreds of thousands of jobs domestically.
Anyone involved in the business would be insane not to try and protect and promote a product consumers strongly demand.
Wall Street Government

Sebastian, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#2327
Feb 18, 2013
 

Judged:

2

2

2

The Infantile left Winged wrote:
<quoted text>
Of course it's different! It's oblamer the marxist liberal doing it.
You morons are so predictable!!!
I stand corrected, it IS "different".

Because Obama extended republican policies that makes it ALL Obama's fault and worse than creating those policies.

The bizarro world of teabaggers.

You fit perfectly.

Poor teabagger.
Wall Street Government

Sebastian, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#2328
Feb 18, 2013
 
Brad wrote:
<quoted text>
Its an entire industry that supports hundreds of thousands of jobs domestically.
Anyone involved in the business would be insane not to try and protect and promote a product consumers strongly demand.
Valid point.
Wall Street Government

Sebastian, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#2329
Feb 18, 2013
 

Judged:

2

2

1

The Infantile left Winged wrote:
<quoted text>
Of course it's different! It's oblamer the marxist liberal doing it.
You morons are so predictable!!!
"Obama won't change our policies".

Wah! Wah! Wah!

Poor teabagger.
The Infantile left Winged

Chico, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#2331
Feb 18, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Wall Street Government wrote:
<quoted text>
I stand corrected, it IS "different".
Because Obama extended republican policies that makes it ALL Obama's fault and worse than creating those policies.
The bizarro world of teabaggers.
You fit perfectly.
Poor teabagger.
So it is just fine now that oblamer has extended it.

And lemming... how do you feel about this?
And why aren't you crying and screaming about this?
Is it because it is oblamer???
==========
President Obama Signs Indefinite Detention Into Law.

President Obama signed the National Defense Authorization Act (NDAA) today, allowing indefinite detention to be codified into law.
http://www.aclu.org/blog/national-security/pr...
downhill246

Boca Raton, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#2332
Feb 18, 2013
 
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
Robeson County Sheriff's Office investigating fatal shooting near Red Springs; two dead, at least one injured
LUMBERTON - The Robeson County Sheriff's Office is investigating a shooting Wednesday that left two people dead and two others injured, Sheriff Kenneth Sealey said.
Sealey said an unidentified woman called 911 at 5:30 p.m. and said her husband was threatening to shoot her. A few minutes later, the same woman called back and said shots had been fired, Sealey said.
When deputies arrived at the home, at 12156 N.C. 211 about two miles east of Red Springs, they found two women dead from gunshot wounds.
Two men also were injured, he said. One was taken to Southeastern Regional Medical Center in Lumberton. He was expected to be taken to Chapel Hill for treatment of his injuries, Sealey said. Information about the men's injuries was not available.
The shooting remains under investigation but appears to be a domestic incident, Sealey said.
The names of the women were not released because the next of kin had not been notified, Sealey said.
2 Conn. deaths blamed on carbon monoxide poisoning
Updated: Monday, 11 Feb 2013, 2:29 PM EST
Published : Monday, 11 Feb 2013, 7:55 AM EST

MERIDEN, Conn.(AP/WTNH)— Meriden police say they suspect carbon monoxide poisoning killed two people found inside a snow-covered car parked in a driveway.

The bodies of a 20-year-old man and an 18-year-old woman were found Sunday morning. Police told the Record-Journal of Meriden there were paths shoveled alongside the vehicle, but the rest of it was covered with snow and the windows were rolled up.

The victims' names haven't been released. Autopsies are planned. If their deaths are related to the blizzard, that would bring the number of storm-related deaths in the state to seven.

State police on Monday released the name of a 79-year-old Prospect woman killed by a hit-and-run driver while she was using her snow-blower Friday night. Troopers are still seeking the driver of the car that hit Mary McCormack.

In Shelton, police say Raymond McPadden, 49, of Darrin Drive, died in his vehicle while plowing his private driveway. An autopsy is underway to determine how he died.

In New Milford, a 53-year-old man died Friday night while shoveling snow. His name was not available.

Since: Aug 10

Cathouse Mouse

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#2333
Feb 18, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

http://articles.latimes.com/2013/jan/19/natio...

hahaha

... sorry, but that's just funny.
The Infantile left Winged

Chico, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#2335
Feb 18, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Cathouse Mouse wrote:
http://articles.latimes.com/20 13/jan/19/nation/la-na-nn-gun- appreciation-day-five-injured- at-three-different-gun-shows-2 0130119
hahaha
... sorry, but that's just funny.
Of course it is funny to the hate filled left!

And just how funny is this? outhouse mouse.
==========
And yet Chicago, a city with no civilian gun ranges and bans on both assault weapons and high-capacity magazines, finds itself laboring to stem a flood of gun violence that contributed to more than 500 homicides last year and at least 40 killings already in 2013, including a fatal shooting of a 15-year-old girl on Tuesday.

To gun rights advocates, the city provides stark evidence that even some of the toughest restrictions fail to make places safer.
http://www.nytimes.com/2013/01/30/us/strict-c...

Level 6

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#2336
Feb 18, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

The Infantile left Winged wrote:
<quoted text>
Of course it is funny to the hate filled left!
And just how funny is this? outhouse mouse.
==========
And yet Chicago, a city with no civilian gun ranges and bans on both assault weapons and high-capacity magazines, finds itself laboring to stem a flood of gun violence that contributed to more than 500 homicides last year and at least 40 killings already in 2013, including a fatal shooting of a 15-year-old girl on Tuesday.
To gun rights advocates, the city provides stark evidence that even some of the toughest restrictions fail to make places safer.
http://www.nytimes.com/2013/01/30/us/strict-c...
The problem is they believe they can legislate morality. Heaven forbid they should invest their time into a troubled teen or young person... Let the government do it. Lazy

Since: Aug 10

Cathouse Mouse

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#2337
Feb 18, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

The Infantile left Winged wrote:
<quoted text>
Of course it is funny to the hate filled left!
And just how funny is this? outhouse mouse.
==========
And yet Chicago, a city with no civilian gun ranges and bans on both assault weapons and high-capacity magazines, finds itself laboring to stem a flood of gun violence that contributed to more than 500 homicides last year and at least 40 killings already in 2013, including a fatal shooting of a 15-year-old girl on Tuesday.
To gun rights advocates, the city provides stark evidence that even some of the toughest restrictions fail to make places safer.
http://www.nytimes.com/2013/01/30/us/strict-c...
Sorry if you failed in seeing the humor in that. "Repsonsible" gun owners shooting themselves and other "responsible" gun owners in their vicinity just boils over with humorous irony if you ask me. It made me chuckle while reflecting on the Dick Cheney hunting trip accident.

Sometimes, it just becomes too much to not laugh.
just another guy

Denver, CO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#2338
Feb 18, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

Cathouse Mouse wrote:
<quoted text>
Sorry if you failed in seeing the humor in that. "Repsonsible" gun owners shooting themselves and other "responsible" gun owners in their vicinity just boils over with humorous irony if you ask me. It made me chuckle while reflecting on the Dick Cheney hunting trip accident.
Sometimes, it just becomes too much to not laugh.
Accidents where people are injured are just a riot. I bet you lyao at car wrecks. Train wrecks must have you wetting your panties.

Since: Aug 10

Cathouse Mouse

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#2339
Feb 18, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

just another guy wrote:
<quoted text>
Accidents where people are injured are just a riot. I bet you lyao at car wrecks. Train wrecks must have you wetting your panties.
Well ..... to put it in perspective. "Repsonsible" gun owners shooting themselves in the hand at a gun show is not too unlike .....

http://www.youtube.com/watch...

Wouldn't you agree?
Wall Street Government

Sebastian, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#2340
Feb 18, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

The Infantile left Winged wrote:
<quoted text>
So it is just fine now that oblamer has extended it.
And lemming... how do you feel about this?
And why aren't you crying and screaming about this?
Is it because it is oblamer???
==========
President Obama Signs Indefinite Detention Into Law.
President Obama signed the National Defense Authorization Act (NDAA) today, allowing indefinite detention to be codified into law.
http://www.aclu.org/blog/national-security/pr...
"So it is just fine now that oblamer has extended it".

Teabaggers would like to think so.

Unlike them, some DO NOT walk in lockstep with their party.

Didn't like it then, wasn't happy that Obama extended ANY part of it.

Level 6

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#2341
Feb 18, 2013
 

Judged:

2

2

2

Cathouse Mouse wrote:
<quoted text>
Well ..... to put it in perspective. "Repsonsible" gun owners shooting themselves in the hand at a gun show is not too unlike .....
http://www.youtube.com/watch...
Wouldn't you agree?
At least the gun owner takes the responsibility and doesn’t blame the gun, and it’s better than a free American giving his rights away to government and then asking said government to do the same from all Americans because of fear.

You video reminds me more of you and your liberal leadership running into the Constitution… That makes your video even more hilarious.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 2,161 - 2,180 of2,340
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

43 Users are viewing the Denver Forum right now

Search the Denver Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
You rule the planet. How do you save the human... (Dec '12) 3 hr KarlVIIIII 1,230
Republicans the party of LIARS (Dec '11) 4 hr Reality Check 12,208
Colo. gay discrimination alleged over wedding cake (Jun '13) 4 hr lides 2,491
Review: Always In Demand Tickets (May '11) 8 hr Concerned Buyer 7
WOMEN, Take Those WEAVES Out Your Hair! Sun Big_p1mp 4
Banning pitbulls Jul 20 Socialist 5
last post wins! (Feb '11) Jul 20 Sally Brown 24,628
•••
•••
•••
•••

Denver Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Denver People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Denver News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Denver
•••

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]
•••