Coloradans against civil-unions bill rally at state Capitol

Jan 25, 2013 Full story: Denver Post 49

Part religious retreat, part political rally, a wave of speakers stood on the west steps of the state Capitol on Friday to denounce a civil-unions bill winding through the legislature.

Full Story
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#47 Jan 30, 2013
Brian_G wrote:
<quoted text>True, and no amendment for gender equality; the ERA failed ratification. Same sex marriage is unconstitutional.
By that reasoning MARRIAGE is unconstitutional.

“I Luv Carbon Dioxide”

Level 10

Since: Dec 08

Location hidden

#48 Jan 31, 2013
Marriage has always been gender diverse; same sex marriage introduces a new standard of gender segregation to marriage. Male/female marriage predates our Constitution, our languages and our religions. Be conservative, keep marriage as is, gender integrated marriage is superior to gender apartheid marriage.

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#49 Jan 31, 2013
Brian_G wrote:
Marriage has always been gender diverse; same sex marriage introduces a new standard of gender segregation to marriage. Male/female marriage predates our Constitution, our languages and our religions. Be conservative, keep marriage as is, gender integrated marriage is superior to gender apartheid marriage.
Traditions or religions or whatever, marriage remains, by your thought system, Unconstitutional.

Level 7

Since: Jun 11

AOL

#50 Jan 31, 2013
Segregation and apartheid are ways of keeping people apart and denying equal treatment under the law.

Marriage equality brings people together and expands equal treatment. It is the opposite of segregation and apartheid.

“I Luv Carbon Dioxide”

Level 10

Since: Dec 08

Location hidden

#51 Feb 1, 2013
Think about it; same sex marriage is gender segregation marriage. A new standard of gender apartheid brought to marriage, changing that institution for everyone.
What they want is ersatz equality, because anyone with common sense knows men and women are different.
No Way

Broomfield, CO

#52 Feb 1, 2013
Yeah right. Just by looking at the comments here and elsewhere, your idea of "marriage equality" is really bringing people together.

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#53 Feb 1, 2013
Brian_G wrote:
Think about it; same sex marriage is gender segregation marriage. A new standard of gender apartheid brought to marriage, changing that institution for everyone.
What they want is ersatz equality, because anyone with common sense knows men and women are different.
Segregation connotes force. There is nothing forced.

There is only marriage, and the parties who wish to enter into it. The sex of the parties is legally irrelevant.

“I Luv Carbon Dioxide”

Level 10

Since: Dec 08

Location hidden

#54 Feb 1, 2013
They force a new standard of gender segregation marriage without the consent of the governed. Same sex marriage is unconstitutional.

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#55 Feb 1, 2013
Brian_G wrote:
They force a new standard of gender segregation marriage without the consent of the governed. Same sex marriage is unconstitutional.
You are behaving irrationally.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Denver Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Colo. gay discrimination alleged over wedding cake (Jun '13) 1 hr Brian_G 6,077
Republicans the party of LIARS (Dec '11) 4 hr tbird19482 14,384
good strip clubs? 7 hr mmmm 1
Nude photos of 12-year-old girl circulated via ... (Feb '10) 7 hr Paula 311
Legit pain n anxiety meds Thu Reyna lokita 2
Denver tar Thu Reyna lokita 4
last post wins! (Feb '11) Wed Sniper II 24,872
Denver Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Denver People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Denver News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Denver

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 2:15 am PST

Bleacher Report 2:15AM
Should New England Patriots Rest Key Starters in Week 17?
Bleacher Report 7:00 AM
Updated 2014 Analysis for Final Week of Season
NBC Sports 4:20 PM
John Fox wants Peyton Manning to return
Bleacher Report 8:11 PM
Breaking Down Chargers Game Plan vs. Chiefs
Bleacher Report11:47 PM
Raiders vs. Broncos: Breaking Down Denver's Game Plan