Lakewood officer killed in friendly fire incident

Nov 9, 2012 Full story: CW2 Colorado KWGN-TV 13

Lakewood police admitted Friday afternoon that an officer killed in the line of duty Friday morning was shot by a fellow officer in a friendly fire incident.

Full Story

“Uzi Does It”

Level 3

Since: Nov 08

UZILAND

#1 Nov 10, 2012
Cops are getting froggy out there, this is like the third friendly fire shooting of cop this week. I wonder if these friendly fire shootings are a barometer for things to come
Busty Miss

Denver, CO

#2 Nov 10, 2012
Richard_ wrote:
Cops are getting froggy out there, this is like the third friendly fire shooting of cop this week. I wonder if these friendly fire shootings are a barometer for things to come
People make mistakes.

Police officers are people.

I know of one incident. Do you have proof of the other two?

Unless you were at the incident, you don't know all the facts.

It's a tough job.

“Pffffffffffft!”

Level 7

Since: Sep 11

Whatever

#3 Nov 10, 2012
Busty Miss wrote:
<quoted text>People make mistakes.

Police officers are people.

I know of one incident. Do you have proof of the other two?

Unless you were at the incident, you don't know all the facts.

It's a tough job.
Pay no attention to him. He thinks driving is a right, not a privilege.

“I will gladly pay you Tuesday”

Level 7

Since: Jul 12

for a hamburger today.

#4 Nov 10, 2012
Geeze, "Death by friendly fire"

Doesn't sound too friendly to me.

How many of their brethren would they take out if it wasn't such 'friendly' fire?

Odd when a cop kills someone it was an accident or "friendly fire." This is the reason for the saying "With friends like you, who needs enemies?"

Level 9

Since: Aug 08

Taste great in milk!

#5 Nov 11, 2012
"Friendly" fire comes from happy guns.
Busty Miss

Denver, CO

#6 Nov 11, 2012
Commander Bunny wrote:
"Friendly" fire comes from happy guns.
Rabbit stew is made with bunnies!

Level 9

Since: Aug 08

Taste great in milk!

#7 Nov 11, 2012
Busty Miss wrote:
<quoted text>
Rabbit stew is made with bunnies!
No it's not, it's made from rabbits, Silly.

“Uzi Does It”

Level 3

Since: Nov 08

UZILAND

#8 Nov 13, 2012
Busty Miss wrote:
<quoted text>

I know of one incident. Do you have proof of the other two?
Yeah, border patrol just killed one of it's own ilk last week by one officer shooting the other uniformed officer in the poo poo head and so also was a Memphis police officer shot by friendly fire.

Just sitting back to hear of the next one, maybe get some popped corn and beer, LOL.

You could probably call that Atlanta helicopter crash a case of friendly fire as well, instead of shooting the fellow officer dead, the pilot of the helicopter helicoptered his observer dead,:)

“Uzi Does It”

Level 3

Since: Nov 08

UZILAND

#9 Nov 13, 2012
Death Kitten wrote:
<quoted text>
Pay no attention to him. He thinks driving is a right, not a privilege.
Driving is a right.
Busty Miss

Denver, CO

#10 Nov 13, 2012
Richard_ wrote:
<quoted text>Yeah, border patrol just killed one of it's own ilk last week by one officer shooting the other uniformed officer in the poo poo head and so also was a Memphis police officer shot by friendly fire.
Just sitting back to hear of the next one, maybe get some popped corn and beer, LOL.
You could probably call that Atlanta helicopter crash a case of friendly fire as well, instead of shooting the fellow officer dead, the pilot of the helicopter helicoptered his observer dead,:)
It's interesting you would post a LOL regarding this subject.

“Uzi Does It”

Level 3

Since: Nov 08

UZILAND

#11 Nov 13, 2012
LOL?

“Its Eaiser to fool people than”

Since: Sep 11

convince them they are a fool

#12 Nov 13, 2012
Commander Bunny wrote:
"Friendly" fire comes from happy guns.
Im speechless.
Lowglow

Arvada, CO

#13 Nov 14, 2012
Hey sniper, just wanted to let you know I'm in town, hope to see you soon.
Sniper II wrote:
<quoted text>Im speechless.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Denver Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
last post wins! (Feb '11) 20 min mossy seaman 25,068
Colo. gay discrimination alleged over wedding cake (Jun '13) 31 min Francis Rizzo 15,373
Republicans the party of LIARS (Dec '11) 1 hr tbird19482 16,071
To all OBAMA LOVERS 2 hr Maude 4
106.7 kbpi is the worst morning show ever! 4 hr BPI fam no more 513
thanks tim from iowa 6 hr blondie 1
Nude photos of 12-year-old girl circulated via ... (Feb '10) Wed kkql 315
Denver Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Denver People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 11:49 am PST

Bleacher Report11:49AM
Buzz: Manning Expected to Push for Julius' Return
ESPN12:44 PM
Chiefs release veteran tight end Fasano
Bleacher Report10:03 PM
Can Osweiler Be the Broncos' Heir to Manning?
NFL 4:53 PM
Julius Thomas to leave Broncos for Jaguars or Raiders?
Bleacher Report 9:14 PM
Is Kelce Destined for Stardom in 2015?