Contraception; I have a question

Posted in the Denver Forum

First Prev
of 19
Next Last

Since: Aug 10

Cathouse Mouse

#1 Feb 21, 2012
President Obama decided to mandate insurance companies pay for contraceptives for women's healthcare. An important ingredient in the contracetion issue that has not been talked about is, it takes two to tango.

When I hear someone say women should keep an aspirin between their knees for birth control, I instantly translated that into the "she wanted it" slurs of old. For every sexual encounter that pregnacy is avoided due to contraceptives, it translates into a successful outcome for the male involved too.

We've all seen the all male panels discussing and deciding in Washington over women's healthcare issues as of late. They know best I'm sure. So, on to my question;

If it were males who were blessed with the ability to birth children, thru any bodily orifice of their choosing, how would they feel about birth control then?
Unique

Urbana, IL

#2 Feb 21, 2012
Thru any bodily orifice of their choosing, snickering about this thought, but I digress. I applaud you for pointing it out in words that contraception is a male based outcome, too. If both males and females, imagine this, humans are now hermaphrodites and both can become pregnant and bear offspring, so any person may become pregnant--how would all of this contraception debate procede? I think it would balance itself with great haste.

Cathouse Mouse

#3 Feb 21, 2012
I'm thinking that if men were the child bearers then not only would they demand birth control ... but in cases of failure resulting in pregnacy ... I can easily imagine a man wanting to "go down there and rip someone's head off".

hahahahahaha

Cathouse Mouse

#4 Feb 22, 2012
Wow.

Little Ricky Cunningham's poll numbers dropped faster than Lindsey Lohan can get locked up in Hollywood.

2 days ago Opie and his sweater vest were leading Romney in all 3 of the upcoming state primary elections. Today, he trails in all 3.

That's a result of messin' around with women's healthcare. The female vote is powerful and that's what he will look back on and learn in this election after he sees his hopes shatter.

I'd point out to other Republicans who either hold a seat or wants one to take heed to the lesson learned here on this issue.

Women voters can make you or break you in the 21st century. So instead of making demands to women, you better listen to women's concerns.

Going after birth control and child education won't get it done.

Level 6

Since: Feb 11

Englewood, CO

#5 Feb 22, 2012
Thank you Mouse, you are correct. Government cannot legislate fair wage mandates, but they can decide what I can do with my own family planning issues? I think I have seen and heard about enough from Uncle Sam on the issue, and the bastard is wrong, as usual. I think I will drop a bowling ball in his pants and make him carry it around in there for 9 months.

Cathouse Mouse

#6 Feb 22, 2012
If women do not unite and take a firm stand that once and for all then we will see more and more of what's happening in Virginia.

State sponsored rape.

Yes I call it that because it is defined as a State ordered "unwanted pentetration of a woman's vagina",... same as rape.

Are we going to allow this?
Dennis Rader

Fairfield, CT

#7 Feb 22, 2012
Women are to be felt, not heard!

“You want 2 be like me-admit it”

Level 1

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

#8 Feb 22, 2012
You r a pig

“Invisible Pink Unicorn”

Since: May 08

Location hidden

#9 Feb 24, 2012
TStylist wrote:
Thank you Mouse, you are correct. Government cannot legislate fair wage mandates, but they can decide what I can do with my own family planning issues? I think I have seen and heard about enough from Uncle Sam on the issue, and the bastard is wrong, as usual. I think I will drop a bowling ball in his pants and make him carry it around in there for 9 months.
One side wants females to be well informed and able to get free birth control the other side wants it outlawed. Your choice what you end up with.

Obama for female health rights

Republicans A man will tell females what to do.

“Topix isn't a game”

Since: Jan 12

It's a permanent record!

#10 Feb 24, 2012
When the comment about aspirin being a form of birth control appeared, I realized how many people remain in the dark ages about women.

Woman are NOT the weaker sex. I think many men are scared to death of women and have to diminish them to control that fear.

One question...if women did the aspirin thing, who are the men who made such statements going to have sex with...each other?

It would serve them right.

Birth control should be covered.
Level 3

Since: Sep 07

Golden

#11 Feb 24, 2012
I am a Republican, as is my husband. I have no desire to make abortion or contraceptives illegal. We provide health insurance to our employees, and it includes birth control. All on our dime. That is our choice, and our employees' choice when they accept a position with us.

That being said, the federal gov't has no place mandating that to any private sector business.

We pay for ours, theirs, Medicaid, over half of Planned Parenthood's budget with federal tax dollars and Title X funding, etc.

If you mean just churches and the gray area they are in, then I would prefer taxing them and putting them on a level playing field with private enterprise rather than this quasi-sort of entity.

The leave all of the private sector alone and let the markets do their job. Enough of this social and fiscal engineering by politicians and theists.

“Invisible Pink Unicorn”

Since: May 08

Location hidden

#13 Feb 24, 2012
raysmom wrote:
I am a Republican, as is my husband. I have no desire to make abortion or contraceptives illegal. We provide health insurance to our employees, and it includes birth control. All on our dime. That is our choice, and our employees' choice when they accept a position with us.
That being said, the federal gov't has no place mandating that to any private sector business.
We pay for ours, theirs, Medicaid, over half of Planned Parenthood's budget with federal tax dollars and Title X funding, etc.
If you mean just churches and the gray area they are in, then I would prefer taxing them and putting them on a level playing field with private enterprise rather than this quasi-sort of entity.
The leave all of the private sector alone and let the markets do their job. Enough of this social and fiscal engineering by politicians and theists.
Your vote could make abortion or contraceptives illegal.
Level 3

Golden

#14 Feb 24, 2012
Jammercolo wrote:
<quoted text>
Your vote could make abortion or contraceptives illegal.
"Could"? A handy qualifier. That is quite a stretch. I don't buy it. It might make a difference in who pays for it, I will allow that much to be true, but that is just inflammatory rhetoric. Both sides engage in it, but it isn't helpful and it isn't how this country works. Even Obama, who pushes the executive envelope pretty darned far, couldn't effect that radical of a change in our society at this point. Look how he has been fought over ObamaCare. I guarantee that the far right would be countered if they attempted to do this, which they would not- it would be political suicide. Look at what happened when they tried to defund PP, and the same with Susan Komen. Nope, my vote pretty much could NOT make contraceptives and abortion illegal. Maybe just more responsibly attained. ;)

“Topix isn't a game”

Since: Jan 12

It's a permanent record!

#15 Feb 24, 2012
raysmom wrote:
<quoted text>
"Could"? A handy qualifier. That is quite a stretch. I don't buy it. It might make a difference in who pays for it, I will allow that much to be true, but that is just inflammatory rhetoric. Both sides engage in it, but it isn't helpful and it isn't how this country works. Even Obama, who pushes the executive envelope pretty darned far, couldn't effect that radical of a change in our society at this point. Look how he has been fought over ObamaCare. I guarantee that the far right would be countered if they attempted to do this, which they would not- it would be political suicide. Look at what happened when they tried to defund PP, and the same with Susan Komen. Nope, my vote pretty much could NOT make contraceptives and abortion illegal. Maybe just more responsibly attained. ;)
It's been a while since I ran a company. In today's world, which is less expensive...paying for contraceptives, considering not all will use them, or paying for maternity leave?

I remember when my wife wasn't covered by insurance for yearly exams much less contraceptives.
Level 3

Golden

#16 Feb 24, 2012
Danny Is Here wrote:
<quoted text>
It's been a while since I ran a company. In today's world, which is less expensive...paying for contraceptives, considering not all will use them, or paying for maternity leave?
I remember when my wife wasn't covered by insurance for yearly exams much less contraceptives.
Me, too. Thank goodness for our ability to be in a group policy. As a very small business we do not provide maternity leave pay. We simply can't. But what I choose to do as an employer or an employee, for that matter, is not the point. My point is that the Federal gov't does not have the right to mandate what insurance a private company chooses to provide, and you don't have to work for a company that does not provide you with your needs.

Cathouse Mouse

#17 Feb 25, 2012
The original premise of mandating contraceptive coverage was to shift the cost to the insurance company and off the backs of small business. It is also designed to relieve the taxpayer burden of actually paying for those "freebies" at clinics and planned parenthood.

When iI read someone's comment that people "already have places to get them free" ... I take notice that it's usually the same people who are barking at the Government about too much spending.

Cutting taxpayer spending on the poor requires private business to pick up the tab. In this case, it's the insurance companies that get the bill.
Level 2

Since: Oct 09

Location hidden

#18 Feb 25, 2012
Cathouse Mouse wrote:
The original premise of mandating contraceptive coverage was to shift the cost to the insurance company and off the backs of small business. It is also designed to relieve the taxpayer burden of actually paying for those "freebies" at clinics and planned parenthood.
When iI read someone's comment that people "already have places to get them free" ... I take notice that it's usually the same people who are barking at the Government about too much spending.
Cutting taxpayer spending on the poor requires private business to pick up the tab. In this case, it's the insurance companies that get the bill.
Are you that naive or that big a liar?

Is that why rates have gone up over 30% the past two years?

Why Medicaid costs related to the reform that Colorado adopted in 2009 are NINE TIMES estimates to the taxpayers?

There are NO cost controls in the reform- the gov't can only bust their chops, not DO anything.

I don't think they should be free for anyone. If everyone paid their share there would be no problem.

“Its Eaiser to fool people than”

Since: Sep 11

convince them they are a fool

#19 Feb 25, 2012
Tiella wrote:
<quoted text>
Why Medicaid costs related to the reform that Colorado adopted in 2009 are NINE TIMES estimates to the taxpayers?
There are NO cost controls in the reform- the gov't can only bust their chops, not DO anything.
I don't think they should be free for anyone. If everyone paid their share there would be no problem.
Hes actually a radical leftest..Hes been banned before for being a pain in the topix..He used to post as razor back jack and lives in Arkansas..He cant post there anymore..He has a pathetic home page in Louisville and the funny thing is he doesnt talk his crap or insult people there..Just here..We have already had to delete many of his comments..Its only a matter of time before we delete some more..I wouldnt let him get to you .His comments are really just to bash someone or start a fight.He usually doesnt make any sense..He loves Oboma..His opinion will change to suit the bashing..Like this thread..Who would start something like this ?? Nobody in Denver would word a thread like this..Classless.
Lowglow

Warrensburg, MO

#20 Feb 25, 2012
OK, here is my question, why is there Womens health care and nothing for men, I mean why should I have to get a Woman to go someplace so I can get a free Condom, or a Man's birth Control Patch ?.
I fully understand Women like everyone else need medical Care, however on average Women have less Heart Problems then Men, less cancer, we have a 10 times higher rate of prostrate and testicular Cancers than Women have Breast Cancer and on average today a woman lives almost 20 years longer than Men.

Why am I complaining ?, Well I see it like this, women today view men as irrelevant so in turn men do become irrelevant, Men are becoming more lazy, not supporting or staying around for their Kids, living at home longer than they used to, many almost into their 30's, why ? because Men really don't feel important anymore, so today we are becoming dogs breeding all we can and taking off and why not ?, when we can be dogs and feel no need to be Fathers.
Cathouse Mouse wrote:
President Obama decided to mandate insurance companies pay for contraceptives for women's healthcare. An important ingredient in the contracetion issue that has not been talked about is, it takes two to tango.
When I hear someone say women should keep an aspirin between their knees for birth control, I instantly translated that into the "she wanted it" slurs of old. For every sexual encounter that pregnacy is avoided due to contraceptives, it translates into a successful outcome for the male involved too.
We've all seen the all male panels discussing and deciding in Washington over women's healthcare issues as of late. They know best I'm sure. So, on to my question;
If it were males who were blessed with the ability to birth children, thru any bodily orifice of their choosing, how would they feel about birth control then?
Lowglow

Warrensburg, MO

#21 Feb 25, 2012
I tried to explain this to catmouse a few weeks ago and even gave him this little tid bit of info on how this Health Care bill was designed to destroy small insurance company's and make corporate Insurance company's richer.

The only people this Health Care Bill will help is the large Drug Companies and large Insurance Company's and destroy capitalism and destroy small business and upstart businesses.
Tiella wrote:
<quoted text>

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 19
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Denver Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Colo. gay discrimination alleged over wedding cake (Jun '13) 14 min Reverend Alan 20,553
News Lawmakers Consider Gay Discrimination Policies 51 min nhjeff 3,352
Local Denver Street Gang Gets Exposure! (Mar '10) 1 hr usanotperft 272
jews 5 hr LactatingGoatFetish 2
106.7 kbpi is the worst morning show ever! 6 hr Sissypanties 543
Republicans the party of LIARS (Dec '11) Sat Too Funny 17,555
crossdressing (May '08) Apr 30 Jsk8692 15
More from around the web

Denver People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]