Family loses custody of children after calling poison control

Full story: Fox 31 KDVR

Scott Gosman and his wife, Becca, have had the worst five days of their lives. "It's just traumatic not only for us but for the children who've never been away from their mother," Scott said.

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 20 of140
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Chris

Aurora, CO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 4, 2009

Judged:

There has got to be more to the story than what is said here. If not, someone needs to be slapped for doing this to good parents.
rmckeown

Denver, CO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 4, 2009

Judged:

This is amazing, I currently know of children living in unsafe conditions, and according to "the state of Colorado" parents who are 'doing the best of their ability" are allowed to raise children that way.... and then to read this makes me furious. Parents of children who suffer an accident are treated like criminals, while there are parents who say they have "a right" to be bad parents go on with their horrific lifestyles, incredible.
Haley

Westcliffe, CO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 4, 2009

You have to be kidding me. This is a huge JOKE! Someone screwed up big time. I see a lawsuit coming. If they dont Adams county better thank their lucky stars. Whomever screwed this one up better take a leave of absence from work because they just made a real idiot of themselves.
OverNout

La Junta, CO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 4, 2009

If this is the COMPLETE story...someone has too much time on their hands and a feeling of WAY too much power! Is there truly no such thing as an accident any more?? Or is it just easier to "catch" the accidental occurances than it is to catch the truly abusive? For those who are involved in truly accidental happenstances...they never see it coming. For the true abusers, they have a plan all along! Unless you are the ruler of the universe, accidents are going to happen...and they are just that...accidents!
Jean Kay

Salt Lake City, UT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 4, 2009

Judged:

Becca is my niece. Journey sang to my mom, her great-great grandma as she was dying in March. She sang "twinkle twinkle little star", and some primary (LDS) songs. This is a good family, with parents that love their children. Shocking!!! Please get those babies back where they belong!!!! Thank you for telling this story. It really needed to be told. Kids do dumb things. Of course children need to be protected, but come on!!!!
in Jefferson County

Harrington, DE

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 4, 2009

I feel for this family, and any other family that has had dealings with Social Services in Colorado. I had a nightmare case in Colorado,14 years ago. They can and will come to your home and take your children before they recieve a court order. They took my daughter from me because, I had agreed to testify in a case against Social Services. They County Attorney even tried to discredit my testimony at the trial because of the case with my daughter. What made my case even worse, my daughter had been abused while in the Boulder County foster home. They make it a habit of wasting the tax payers money every day. Social Services is out of controll and no one is doing anything about it. Pay attention people of Colorado, they make it a habit to take kids away from their parents.
Social Services has struck another member of my family, my younger sister, this case they are trying to adopt 2 of her children out to the foster parents, and are refusing to place the children with family that are willing and able to care for the children because they are out of the state.
The GAL (Guardian Ad-Litem) in my sisters case has gone as far as saying " If the courts try to place your children with one of your family out of state, I will put a two year injunction on the order" "Would your Mother be willing to move to Colorado to get your children?"
I wish this family the best of luck, I hope you have your children home soon.
zorroettedenise

Parker, CO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 4, 2009

Social workers running amok.
eva gauthier

Westminster, CO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 4, 2009

My hart gos out to this family. I'v been through something simaler with Adams County. Also even worce with Lake county. I wish the family the very best.
Danny - Mother of Three

Denver, CO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 4, 2009

This is an absolute outrage! Maybe Adams County officials don't have better things to do with taxpayer's dollars. Not to mention that this will forever scar these children who likely have no idea why they have been taken away from mommy and daddy. These people were obviously trying to HELP their child by calling poison control. Just another power-trip for lazy government workers and "police officers". Please find something better to do.
JDW

Parker, CO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 4, 2009

Judged:

I got on Adams County website and posted this, "You all should be ashamed of yourselves for taking children aware from a family for doing the RIGHT thing and calling for poison control if they were concerned. Do you have any CLUE about the message you are sending to other parents? Since you seem to be clueless I will tell you. The message is, DO NOT CALL POISON CONTROL OR WE WILL TAKE YOUR CHILD(REN)! I hope you NEVER have to experience what seems to be the worst imaginable scenario. I would NEVER live in Adams County based on this and I hope your residents really take a hard look at your elected officials."
When will social workers be held accountable for their actions?!?!
Garys

Denver, CO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 4, 2009

This is what happens when you live in a nanny state.
wow

Colorado Springs, CO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 4, 2009

The government everyday with Obamam in office continues to invade our lives and take power into their own hands. They now threaten to arrest you if you do not do what they say. These kids are going through hell becasue our government knows best. Whatever! Very sad our freedoms are being thrown away.
eva gauthier

Westminster, CO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 4, 2009

Sry but after reading others coments I must say I wont to cry. I was praying the thing I'v experianced with social services in Colorado. Seeing I'm not makes me even sader than I was. I have a 2 and 4 yearold that the state has takin due to thar guarden and some how hes got my babys not me. I also have a 5month old that a case worker in Lake County called Adams County telling them I hald no home and no baby care items. Yes thay took her. she is home but it was hell. All prompted becouse I hald my doughter in my car at a conico near my home. We wher trying to get to the hospital. Long story short social service has to much power and oftern miss the real abused children while thay are bothering good parents and thare family. Some one needs to stop this its sick
Jackie Local Mom

Denver, CO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 4, 2009

Seriously this family should sue the crap out of Adams County. This is a prime example of the idiots in Social Services. In fact, I happen to feel that maybe Social Services should be the one being investigated. Thank you Danny Mother of Three. Another example of power-tripping government workers. Just a note: Did anyone see the following story about the dog that ate the purple comb? Oh my! Social Services you better step in!
ron

Greeley, CO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 4, 2009

This has become a common and frustrating incidents with CPS they are not regulated, they lie under oath committing fraud to the courts and when you tell the judge they are lieing they believe CPS and not the defendant. This is a major problem and the social workers have no one to answer to I personally have been acused of dealing with pills simply because I asked the social worker questions about their actions. The end result? Social Services took the children away from the mother "with no reason". It is this simple make waves with CPS and if you have kids you will be targeted. IT IS THAT SIMPLE Make CPS workers take a lie detector test and watch how fast the problems take care of themselves. And those caught lieing? Well their punishment should vary any where from being written up to jail just depends on the damages done by their lies.
liza

Lafayette, CO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 4, 2009

What a shame! The whole truth will be known! The whole system is all screwed up and backwards! They should be after all the REAL bad parents. Don't they seem to get off a lot easier than the BEST parents. Keep your heads up and stay strong.
Leanette

Arvada, CO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 4, 2009

Judged:

How many people will now hesitate in calling poison control for fear of having their children taken from them. And... Sometimes I have to wonder about the people the state employs in children services. These two children were taken from a loving home and given to total strangers!!!! They will suffer from PTSD for the rest of their lives! I know from where I speak...
hillary

Longmont, CO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 4, 2009

Judged:

its good you guys keep on these things! as a mom in colorado its good for me to know the danger of asking for help when my child is in danger, i just hope this doesnt happen again to a good family. i think these poor parents should get thier kids back and one heck of a sorry from adams county. poison control is there so that good parents can keep doing good when something bad befalls them, its not supposed to be a program to trick parents out of thier babies. adams should be more focused on the moms doing drugs with thier baby in a carseat on the floor next to them, not an over protective family that was scared that thier baby was sick. the gosmans should know they have people on thier side!!~hilly~
Jason

Fort Collins, CO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 4, 2009

Judged:

Adams County just killed children. You know that there will be parents that see this story and hesitate to call for help when they suspect accidental poisoning of their children. This hesitation can lead to serious injury or even death of the child. Now I am not sure of all the details, but from the information presented, it does seem that the county had any reason to send police or take the children. Does every call to Poison Control result in a police response? Were the parents questioned at all before the children were taken? I hope that the county had some kind of proof that the children were actually in danger rather than jumping to conclusions. With as many bad parents as there are out there, it is a sad day when good parents get punished for just trying to do the right thing.
Leanette

Arvada, CO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 4, 2009

Judged:

wow wrote:
The government everyday with Obamam in office continues to invade our lives and take power into their own hands. They now threaten to arrest you if you do not do what they say. These kids are going through hell becasue our government knows best. Whatever! Very sad our freedoms are being thrown away.
Hello, Dear one,
This case is not new to the Front Range. Cases such as this were happening when I moved here 8 years ago - when a republican admin was in office both at the federal and state level. Its time to work at fixing the problems and not spending so much time pointing fingers. We need to demand that our elected officials investigate these cases and fix the problems in social services. In this case the children should have been sheltered with their grandparents not total strangers.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 20 of140
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

15 Users are viewing the Denver Forum right now

Search the Denver Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
His agenda in gridlock, Obama relishes roadshow 3 hr Advents 1
Republicans the party of LIARS (Dec '11) 7 hr Respect71 12,108
Colo. gay discrimination alleged over wedding cake (Jun '13) 8 hr The_Box 2,400
You rule the planet. How do you save the human... (Dec '12) 9 hr Respect71 1,227
Ban the user above you game (Oct '11) 13 hr HMT 123 2,779
Illegals? What about our kids? 14 hr Jack1 1
Denver h 17 hr Looking 8
•••
•••
•••
•••

Denver Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••