Obama stonewalling on Benghazi attack...

Obama stonewalling on Benghazi attack ,Senators demand answers before election

Posted in the Denver Forum

“Let's talk to each other:”

Level 10

Since: Apr 10

NOT about each other!

#3 Nov 1, 2012
Jessica Rabbit wrote:
Republicans are like that...blame everyone else, steal, lie and cheat. That's the republican way.
That is the politicians way, regardless of partisanship. Y'all have a good'n.

“Let's talk to each other:”

Level 10

Since: Apr 10

NOT about each other!

#5 Nov 1, 2012
Jessica Rabbit wrote:
<quoted text>
Then their mouths should be washed out with soap.
LOL!! I don't disagree, except I would recommend super glue. Y'all have a good'n.

karlVII
Level 6

Since: Feb 12

Aurora, CO

#7 Nov 2, 2012
FOX knews wrote:
“The American people and their representatives in Congress need to understand what you knew about the Benghazi terrorist attack and when you knew it,” wrote Sens. Lindsey Graham, R-S.C.; John McCain, R-Ariz.; Kelly Ayotte, R-N.H.; and Ron Johnson, R-Wis.“We also have a right to know what steps you and your administration took — or failed to take — before, during and after the terrorist attack to protect American lives.”
WASHINGTON — The CIA rushed security operatives to an American diplomatic compound in Libya within 25 minutes after it had come under attack and played a more central role in the effort to fend off a night-long siege than has been acknowledged publicly, U.S. intelligence officials said Thursday.

The agency mobilized the evacuation effort, took control of an unarmed U.S. military drone to map possible escape routes, dispatched an emergency security team from Tripoli, the capital, and chartered aircraft that ultimately carried surviving American personnel to safety, U.S. officials said.

The briefing and material provided Thursday focused on the hour-by-hour developments in Benghazi. Among the disclosures is that the CIA station chief in Tripoli sent an emergency security force, with about a half-dozen agency operatives as well as two U.S. military personnel, to Benghazi aboard a hastily chartered aircraft while the attack was underway.

"Over the next 25 minutes, team members approach the compound, attempt to secure heavy weapons" from Libyans encountered along the way and "make their way onto the compound itself in the face of enemy fire," the senior U.S. intelligence official said.

http://www.denverpost.com/nationworld/ci_2191 ...

karlVII
Level 6

Aurora, CO

#8 Nov 2, 2012
there is enough information out now to show that much of what has been said is patently false. Such as:

Woods disregarding orders to stay put to go "save" the Ambassador.

FACT: He was part of a team sent from a CIA Office in an armored vehicle.

The administration was asked for assistance and did nothing.

FACT: The administration was not asked and assistance was on the ground.

The CIA did nothing.

FACT: Not only did the CIA send the team from their site in Benghazi, they also arranged for more assistance to fly in from Tripoli and the plane they flew in on was also used for evacuation the next morning. And lets not forget the drone that was deployed and flying overhead.

People left behind.

FACT: One body recovered from the Consulate. The Ambassador was recovered from the Hospital. Two more died (of which Woods was one) either at the CIA site after they returned from the consulate or on the way to the airport when they evacuated.

FACT: The complete deal at the consulate lasted around two hours. That includes the attack; defense; attackers overcoming the defense; evacuation; retaking the consulate; and final evacuation.

From there the battle "moved" to the CIA site where Libyan security forces finally got control.

In the morning the Ambassadors body was recovered from the Hospital, all were boarded on plane(s) and then evacuated out of country.

If President Obama let the security briefings run their course so the right could dream up all these conspiracy theories and in doing so look completely STUPID it worked

Cathouse Mouse

Since: Aug 10

Cathouse Mouse

#9 Nov 2, 2012
Righties have been salavating for a crisis to hang a conspiracy on all year long leading into this election.

That's why Romney ran to a hot mic as soon as news of Behngazi broke.

That's why Romney exposed National Security Intel to the world on Live tv during the last debate.

That's why Romney is now cherry picking thru the destruction from Hurricane Sandy, looking for something to blame Obama for.

If I'm in one of the 12 states impacted by this storm and Im looking at an election between the guy who is helping me TODAY, and the guy who has sworn to end all the agencys that are on the ground in my state trying to help me,..... it's not much of a mental struggle.

karlVII
Level 6

Aurora, CO

#10 Nov 2, 2012
Cathouse Mouse wrote:
Righties have been salavating for a crisis to hang a conspiracy on all year long leading into this election.
That's why Romney ran to a hot mic as soon as news of Behngazi broke.
That's why Romney exposed National Security Intel to the world on Live tv during the last debate.
That's why Romney is now cherry picking thru the destruction from Hurricane Sandy, looking for something to blame Obama for.
If I'm in one of the 12 states impacted by this storm and Im looking at an election between the guy who is helping me TODAY, and the guy who has sworn to end all the agencys that are on the ground in my state trying to help me,..... it's not much of a mental struggle.
It is a perfect demonstration of their disregard for the American people, all they give a damn about is money and power.

Cathouse Mouse

Since: Aug 10

Cathouse Mouse

#11 Nov 2, 2012
Once that "Fast and Furious" debacle came to light as just another expensive rightwing witch hunt paid for with taxpayers money, the righties have been long on tooth and short on bite trying a conspiracy to pin on our President.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Denver Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News 9NEWS - Top News Article - Couple sues over mol... (Jun '07) 2 hr Ethan 12
Mexicans (Mar '14) 2 hr Richie G 114
News How two small cities became the kings of cannab... 2 hr Richie G 2
News Colo. gay discrimination alleged over wedding cake (Jun '13) 2 hr Respect71 44,046
Republicans the party of LIARS (Dec '11) 2 hr Respect71 26,782
BangItAmmo.com (Apr '14) 2 hr Vincent 6
Lookin For Tar 2 hr Loca 73

Denver Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Denver Mortgages