Senate passes Iraq withdrawal bill; v...

Senate passes Iraq withdrawal bill; veto threat looms

There are 47 comments on the KUSA Denver story from Apr 26, 2007, titled Senate passes Iraq withdrawal bill; veto threat looms. In it, KUSA Denver reports that:

Senators followed their defiant House counterparts' lead Thursday, passing a war funding bill that sets a deadline for withdrawing combat forces from Iraq by next year.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at KUSA Denver.

First Prev
of 3
Next Last

“-The Secrets in The Seven-”

Since: Apr 07

Broomfield

#1 Apr 26, 2007
What has come of This country? Where it is now looked down upon do be a patriot? Where our country is soo ignorant to the true issues of the world, they form opinions based on the media, of whom, only shows bad things, never shows success and has made the world against this war. What you all aren't seeing, is our Soldiers are being greeted and hugged by the Iraqi people! That Sadaam and the terrorists would take families out of their homes, rape the children and wifes then make the husbands/dads choose who died when! You don't see that our soldiers have been doing amazing and GREAT things over there! And we are FAR from being finished. If we leave now, we have fought and died for NOTHING! This war would be over, if our soldiers didn't have to tip-toe through war, and have the liberal politicians making it so they cannot do what they are set out to do!

Broomfield

#2 Apr 26, 2007
I have many family members in Iraq who send monthly letters and video's of what's truly going on it Iraq. They speak of being so frustrated because they know where the terrorist compounds are, and have an exact plan that would finish this war once and for all. The soldiers are very upset because the Liberals in America are constantly setting rules upon rules, cutting funding etc etc to where they have not been able to finish their mission!!! So I have to say, this "bill" the dems are trying to pass is so completely un-american and would destroy everything our soldiers have worked so hard for!
Ready to Leave

United States

#3 Apr 26, 2007
Root4Unix wrote:
What has come of This country? Where it is now looked down upon do be a patriot? Where our country is soo ignorant to the true issues of the world, they form opinions based on the media, of whom, only shows bad things, never shows success and has made the world against this war. What you all aren't seeing, is our Soldiers are being greeted and hugged by the Iraqi people! That Sadaam and the terrorists would take families out of their homes, rape the children and wifes then make the husbands/dads choose who died when! You don't see that our soldiers have been doing amazing and GREAT things over there! And we are FAR from being finished. If we leave now, we have fought and died for NOTHING! This war would be over, if our soldiers didn't have to tip-toe through war, and have the liberal politicians making it so they cannot do what they are set out to do!
I agree. Thank you for saying it for me. The media needs to focus more on the progress made and the good things that are happening rather than a daily death count. I smell Viet Nam all over again but this will be more deadly for us. How will we get them to listen?
OLD MAN

United States

#4 Apr 26, 2007
Let us talk. You want to continue this war. Then let us spread the wealth around. Our troops have gone into combat for three and four tours. That is not fighting a responsible war. That is irresponsible and inhumane. How about we start the draft and let us all go and spend some time supporting the war. Not so much fun now is it. When you have spent 21 years in the military like I have, then come back and tell what you think about supporting this war. If you go in to a war you first should know how to fight it, and then how to win it. So tell me when are we coming out or are we just going to spend a Billion dollars a month from now on? Pull your head out of your butt!
Root4Unix wrote:
Jon Haiduc

Birmingham, MI

#6 Apr 26, 2007
The Congress and Senate have now
PROVIDED the necessary funds for
all the military in Iraq. More money
than asked for by the president!!

If the president vetos this bill
fully funding the troops then
HE--President Bush--will be the one
NOT SUPPORTING our brave military
as they are dying in droves in
"Bush's War"!!!

Arvada

#7 Apr 26, 2007
Harry Reid has received a document showing how many seats the Dems will gain if the war is lost. His goal, is treasonist, is to lose the war for political gain. THERE IS THE STORY 9 NEWS.

Broomfield

#8 Apr 26, 2007
here's another thing. The Taliban said this in the beginning of the war. "If we can kill enough of the US Infidel Soldiers, the people back in the USA will make the Soldiers withdraw and we will once again have our country back to rule." Meaning, all that you liberals are doing is making America one big laughing stock! No enemy will ever take us serious because, all they have to do is hang out, kill a few of our soldiers and our country will ultimatly back down and let it all alone!!! Think this through people. Those who support withdrawl need to go and get your facts right. You are completely wrong and ignorant!!!! And it's you who will have the blood of our soldiers who died for NOTHING now on your hands!!!!
Brian

Portland, OR

#9 Apr 26, 2007
As an Oregon resident I'm ashamed at Gordon Smith's vote. I will never vote for the man again. He's just pandering to the liberals as he is up for re-election soon
yo momma

Choteau, MT

#10 Apr 26, 2007
i thik war is stupid!

Broomfield

#11 Apr 26, 2007
OLD MAN wrote:
Let us talk. You want to continue this war. Then let us spread the wealth around. Our troops have gone into combat for three and four tours. That is not fighting a responsible war. That is irresponsible and inhumane. How about we start the draft and let us all go and spend some time supporting the war. Not so much fun now is it. When you have spent 21 years in the military like I have, then come back and tell what you think about supporting this war. If you go in to a war you first should know how to fight it, and then how to win it. So tell me when are we coming out or are we just going to spend a Billion dollars a month from now on? Pull your head out of your butt!
<quoted text>
We could have ended this war if our soliders hands weren't tied by the liberals. My uncles, Brothers etc all say "If we could be allowed to go in, kill as many of the terrorist that we see and find, and truly hunt them down like a true war, this would have been finished years ago!" This cannot be accomplished when politicians aren't allow our troops to fight... You should know this if you've been to Iraq and fought in this war. This war is much different than any previous
Jones

United States

#12 Apr 26, 2007
Obviously, this "bunch of losers" even if they are called senators do not represent the American people and they represent only their own anti-American and power-seeking narrow minded ambitions.
The back stabbing of our brave US troops while they are in harms way and the effort of the liberal leaders Reid, Pelosi, Hoyer and Clinton to hide the name of the vicious enemy that US troops are facing in Iraq says it all.
The corroboration between the left wing liberal senators Dems and al Qaida Islamic terrorist suicide bombers and the Iranian evil regime of Ahmadinajad is historical disgrace of US senate and one of the lowest points of the senate in US history.
The American people are standing behind our brave US troops in their quest for victory in Iraq and defeat of the Islamic terrorists, regardless of the poor and vicious decision of liberal delusional senators.
AMIDON

Boulder, CO

#13 Apr 26, 2007
Last November the people voted for change, and now we are getting it. THANK GOD! Get our soldiers home and stop pouring billions of dollars into this oil war. Don't buy into the brainwashing crap that we are fighting the terrorists, we are fighting another countries civil war.
milt

Phoenixville, PA

#15 Apr 26, 2007
dtc wrote:
The bill should be voted by the soldiers in Iraq. I don't see the reason for the people here to make such decision. Bastards!
"The people here" make the decisions because America is not governed by the military
Zee

Fargo, ND

#16 Apr 26, 2007
Root4Unix wrote:
I too am tired of all of this, I am a patriot and it has nothing to do with politics. I support our military and pray no harm comes to them. Those prayers are not always answered. I see congress trying their best to turn this into Vietnam. Let us all vow not to let this act turn on our military as it did in Vietnam. We have so many people die violently in our cities daily. But yet when these wonderful soldiers are proctecting our freedoms, we choose to protest and reject them.
IF YOU DON'T STAND BEHIND OUR TROOPS,
PLEASE, FEEL FREE TO STAND IN FRONT OF THEM!!!!!
(I DON'T KNOW WHO WROTE THIS, BUT I LOVE IT)

Broomfield

#17 Apr 26, 2007
Do, you even read what other people have written here? You are the one we are all talking about. People like you, who believe all the media says, and takes it as gospel, are the ones tying our soldiers hands. Creating the issue of where our soldiers aren't allowed to take care of business Pro-actively. Just take the time, do some research and get the facts! What you see in the media is complete crap and is completely bias. Go and talk to some soldiers who have been there (not flaky ones, true patriots) and you will get the real story. Or just read the comments I have left, because I have more than 10 sources directly inside this war....
Jon Haiduc wrote:
The Congress and Senate have now
PROVIDED the necessary funds for
all the military in Iraq. More money
than asked for by the president!!
If the president vetos this bill
fully funding the troops then
HE--President Bush--will be the one
NOT SUPPORTING our brave military
as they are dying in droves in
"Bush's War"!!!
GM Roth

Bellevue, WA

#18 Apr 26, 2007
Senator Lieberman is a scoundrel and self-serving disgrace. Chuck Hagel, a former foot-soldier in Vietnam, is articulate, stayed, gifted with genuine foresight, and one of the most courageous gentleman I have ever had the pleasure to observe in the U.S. Senate.
Bill Jacobs

Kennewick, WA

#19 Apr 26, 2007
A bad local government is better than a occupying backed puppet government and yet until the oil is in the hands of the occupiers i.e. neo-cons led by King George, U.S. troops in Iraq will stay. Bet on it.

Broomfield

#20 Apr 26, 2007
Thank you soo much! I agree with everything you say, and you wrote it perfectly! I believe that a VAST majority of Americans DO in fact, support the war. We just aren't seeing this fact because our media is ran by liberals and, as we can see with the history of media and this war, do not want the American people to know that people do support our troops! Because the Media knows, our country contains a bunch of Mindless Ignorant people, who will form their opinion over what the Media says. Thus, the media post article after article of people being against the war, the Mindless drones will lean that way of thinking as well..
Jones wrote:
Obviously, this "bunch of losers" even if they are called senators do not represent the American people and they represent only their own anti-American and power-seeking narrow minded ambitions.
The back stabbing of our brave US troops while they are in harms way and the effort of the liberal leaders Reid, Pelosi, Hoyer and Clinton to hide the name of the vicious enemy that US troops are facing in Iraq says it all.
The corroboration between the left wing liberal senators Dems and al Qaida Islamic terrorist suicide bombers and the Iranian evil regime of Ahmadinajad is historical disgrace of US senate and one of the lowest points of the senate in US history.
The American people are standing behind our brave US troops in their quest for victory in Iraq and defeat of the Islamic terrorists, regardless of the poor and vicious decision of liberal delusional senators.
K Massey

United States

#21 Apr 26, 2007
They say this war in Iraq & Afganistan is costing us 8 billion a month , that is $260 million a day & a big share of that is going into Bush,s buddies pockets

Parker, CO

#23 Apr 26, 2007
IRAQ...Level it or Leave.
The insurgents like to bombs. Lets get our troops out and any civilians that want to leave. The level country with nukes.
We can hire all of our illegal aliens to cleanup the mess.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Denver Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Play the "end of the word" game (Jul '11) 8 hr responsibility 4,315
News "Ima Shoot Up Bear Creek:" At Least 5 Post-Park... Fri bloodfleshbones 1
News Colo. gay discrimination alleged over wedding cake (Jun '13) Feb 22 Juan Carlos 58,897
News Denver shatters record low temperature for firs... Feb 21 surfeagleOrg 1
News Man fatally stabs pit bull to stop dog fight (Aug '07) Feb 21 Oh Boy 518
Yvonne Anderson of Ya Ya Services, Inc. Feb 19 Pissed customer 2
The horrible murder of Brandy Duvall. (Aug '11) Feb 17 bloodfleshbones 64

Denver Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Denver Mortgages