Colorado ushers in new law with midnight unions

May 1, 2013 Full story: Sunherald.com 33

The new law legalizing civil unions took effect at 12:01 a.m. Wednesday and both Denver and Boulder began issuing licenses immediately.

Full Story
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#28 May 1, 2013
SirPrize wrote:
<quoted text>
You can love whomever you like. Just keep it behind closed doors. Nobody really cares who you play with or how; excepting the media.
Or people who enjoy halftime shows, soap operas, romantic novels and films, advertizing ....

Location hidden

#29 May 1, 2013
Fa-Foxy wrote:
http://www.cnn.com/2013/05/01/ opinion/lieberman-same-sex-mar riage/index.html?hpt=hp_t3
referncing CNN ???! YOU ???!

I'm SHOCKED!

SHOCKED, I say!

“ WOOF ! ”

Level 1

Since: Nov 12

33.00, -111.51

#30 May 1, 2013
snyper wrote:
<quoted text>
referncing CNN ???! YOU ???!
I'm SHOCKED!
SHOCKED, I say!
Of course I watch and read CNN ! Have you never heard the maxim "Know your enemies" ?!

:)

<s>

“Walk With Me in Hell”

Level 5

Since: Apr 13

Hell, Norway

#31 May 1, 2013
Gay And Proud wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, there are homophobes everywhere. What can be done about it other than counter their hatred with facts and displays of love?
Is this not America?

Are the citizens not allowed to think and have an opinion on what they deem as appropriate and proper behavior?

Are they allowed to have morals and allowed to live by those morals without having a few people that want to cram their inappropriate lifestyle down their throats.

Is it against the law to think that civil unions should be more than enough to satisfy, asking for marriage is asking for special rights, NOT equal rights.

“Walk With Me in Hell”

Level 5

Hell, Norway

#33 May 1, 2013
Brian wrote:
<quoted text>
No, the queers have taken it over. It's Assmerica now.
100 years ago, there was a hunting season on em.....

Something to make you go hmmmmmmm...

Location hidden

#34 May 1, 2013
_satan_64 wrote:
<quoted text>Is this not America?
Are the citizens not allowed to think and have an opinion on what they deem as appropriate and proper behavior?
Are they allowed to have morals and allowed to live by those morals without having a few people that want to cram their inappropriate lifestyle down their throats.
Is it against the law to think that civil unions should be more than enough to satisfy, asking for marriage is asking for special rights, NOT equal rights.
Gay people aren't co-equal sovereign Citizens, fully free to participate in Equal Access and Potection of all Laws and Public Institutions?

Who taught you that you could dictate how another expresses the Freedom guaranteed by our system of Government just to satisfy your own views?

Fellow sovereign Citizens are only Free is to use their innate Freedom as YOU decide? Who died and made you dictator?

“ WOOF ! ”

Level 1

33.00, -111.51

#35 May 2, 2013
snyper wrote:
<quoted text>
Gay people aren't co-equal sovereign Citizens, fully free to participate in Equal Access and Potection of all Laws and Public Institutions?
Who taught you that you could dictate how another expresses the Freedom guaranteed by our system of Government just to satisfy your own views?
Fellow sovereign Citizens are only Free is to use their innate Freedom as YOU decide? Who died and made you dictator?
Free State Project ?

Since: Apr 08

Chagrin Falls, OH

#36 May 2, 2013
Homophobes, just like Christians, Satanists, and Flat-Earth believers, are free to believe whatever their hearts desire. They can wear onions on their belts and call them roses if they like.

What they can't do is expect to deny anyone else of their civil rights including their right to legally marry.

Location hidden

#37 May 2, 2013
Fa-Foxy wrote:
<quoted text>
Free State Project ?
Notice the lowercase "s".

“Walk With Me in Hell”

Level 5

Hell, Norway

#38 May 2, 2013
snyper wrote:
<quoted text>
No One, is a Sovereign Citizen unless you cut your ties to the corporation known as the United States of America. Only then can you fully follow the Constitution and Bill of Rights that are guaranteed by the people that formed this nation.

Gay people are free to do as they please, just don`t infringe on my right to speak my opinions freely and without being called names.

Being called a homophobe only shows the ignorance of which they spew when met with a different opinion.

Since: Apr 08

Chagrin Falls, OH

#41 May 2, 2013
_satan_64 wrote:
<quoted text>
Gay people are free to do as they please, just don`t infringe on my right to speak my opinions freely and without being called names.
Being called a homophobe only shows the ignorance of which they spew when met with a different opinion.
Freedom of speech has never come with exemption from criticism. Places that restrict speech like that are dictatorships, theocracies, etc. and are the opposite of societies with free speech.

If you don't like being labelled a bigot or homophobe then perhaps you should stop acting like one.

Location hidden

#42 May 2, 2013
_satan_64 wrote:
<quoted text>No One, is a Sovereign Citizen unless you cut your ties to the corporation known as the United States of America. Only then can you fully follow the Constitution and Bill of Rights that are guaranteed by the people that formed this nation.
I've sat on a "jury of my sovereign peers" many times, and I've exercised "the sovereign franchise" in every election since I was old enough to vote.

You need to check your definitions, skippy.

“ WOOF ! ”

Level 1

33.00, -111.51

#43 May 2, 2013
Gay And Proud wrote:
<quoted text>
Freedom of speech has never come with exemption from criticism. Places that restrict speech like that are dictatorships, theocracies, etc. and are the opposite of societies with free speech.
If you don't like being labelled a bigot or homophobe then perhaps you should stop acting like one.
Ya mean dictatorships like the Democratic party when they censored Bob Casey during the 1992 convention, because he's Pro-Life (Oh the HORROR of being PRO-LIFE !) THAT kind of dictatorship, ya mean !:)

(The Marxist-Leninist-Stalinist-Oba maniacists brook NO dissent !)

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Denver Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Denver tar 3 hr LuvH 1
Denver tar? (Aug '11) 3 hr Blackeee 5
Republicans the party of LIARS (Dec '11) 3 hr _satan_64 13,725
Colo. gay discrimination alleged over wedding cake (Jun '13) 4 hr Reverend Alan 4,400
last post wins! (Feb '11) 8 hr mr goodwrench 24,749
Internet Marketing Benefits 13 hr Scambo Mc C note 1
Review: Weekly Home Buyers List, Inc. 13 hr Madam Kelly Brooker 6
Denver Dating
Find my Match

Denver People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Denver News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Denver

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News