Colorado ushers in new law with midnight unions

May 1, 2013 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: Sunherald.com

The new law legalizing civil unions took effect at 12:01 a.m. Wednesday and both Denver and Boulder began issuing licenses immediately.

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 20 of34
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Truth

Minneapolis, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 1, 2013

Judged:

Another small step towards "Liberty and justice for all"

Level 2

Since: Jul 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 1, 2013

Judged:

Civil Union Certificate. Just don't call it the word Marriage. Another small step toward preserving the word marriage for man and woman.
Gays Run the World

Alpharetta, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 1, 2013

Judged:

WMCOL wrote:
Civil Union Certificate. Just don't call it the word Marriage. Another small step toward preserving the word marriage for man and woman.
Man/woman 'marriages' are not well preserved anymore
So Gays are taking control
We do marriage right; sugar
disgusted american

Philadelphia, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 1, 2013

Judged:

WMCOL wrote:
awe too bad for you - there are NOW in MeriKKKa - 1000's & 1000's of MARRIED GAY CPLS.....yep, MARRIED!!!! Need a Tissue?

Since: Apr 08

Chagrin Falls, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 1, 2013

Judged:

Congratulations to all the happy couples in Colorado.

“Walk With Me in Hell”

Level 5

Since: Apr 13

Hell, Norway

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 1, 2013

Judged:

Gays Run the World wrote:
<quoted text>
Man/woman 'marriages' are not well preserved anymore
So Gays are taking control
We do marriage right; sugar
Are gays delusional as well?

Aww silly me! I know the answer to that question...

Chagrin Falls, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 1, 2013

Judged:

Hey Swede -- since same-sex marriage has been legal in Sweden since 2009, how come we haven't heard about the fire and brimstone raining down like the anti-gay promised? How come Sweden hasn't fallen apart with anarchy ruling the streets?

Canada (where I'm from) has had legal same-sex marriage since 2004 and Canada has done quite well for itself economically, socially, etc. Even in spite of an idiotic conservative Prime Minister and his cronies who keep embarrassing the country.
Tea Bag Residue Cleanup

Philadelphia, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 1, 2013

Judged:

WMCOL wrote:
Civil Union Certificate. Just don't call it the word Marriage.
No, bigot, you're too late and too stupid.

Most of the industrialized West already has marriage equality with full rights.

You sound desperate. And sexually ill.

“Walk With Me in Hell”

Level 5

Since: Apr 13

Hell, Norway

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 1, 2013

Judged:

Gay And Proud wrote:
Hey Swede -- since same-sex marriage has been legal in Sweden since 2009, how come we haven't heard about the fire and brimstone raining down like the anti-gay promised? How come Sweden hasn't fallen apart with anarchy ruling the streets?
Canada (where I'm from) has had legal same-sex marriage since 2004 and Canada has done quite well for itself economically, socially, etc. Even in spite of an idiotic conservative Prime Minister and his cronies who keep embarrassing the country.
So.... What you are trying to say is,

Idiocy abounds.

Chagrin Falls, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 1, 2013

Judged:

_satan_64 wrote:
<quoted text>So.... What you are trying to say is,
Idiocy abounds.
Yes, there are homophobes everywhere. What can be done about it other than counter their hatred with facts and displays of love?

“Low Information Outreach”

Level 3

Since: Jun 12

Under the Castle Rock

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 1, 2013

Judged:

Aww, two guys deep mouth kissing at the alter.

“... from a ...”

Since: Mar 09

GREAT HEIGHT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 1, 2013

Judged:

Gay And Proud wrote:
Congratulations to all the happy couples in Colorado.
How many of them are hetero?
abe

Houston, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 1, 2013

Judged:

Gay And Proud wrote:
To hell with Sweden. this is the US.

“Happiness comes through giving”

Level 7

Since: Feb 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 1, 2013

Judged:

WMCOL wrote:
Here's a little news for you. For all intents and purposes, a civil union IS marriage. It's only a matter of time before they change the label.

Level 7

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 1, 2013

Judged:

abe wrote:
<quoted text>
To hell with Sweden. this is the US.
Glad you noticed it isn't Iran.

“ WOOF !”

Level 1

Since: Nov 12

Coolidge, AZ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 1, 2013

Judged:

Lawrence Wolf wrote:
<quoted text>Here's a little news for you. For all intents and purposes, a civil union IS marriage. It's only a matter of time before they change the label.
Actually you're wrong. The courts have already ruled that so-called "civil unions" are NOT marriage, and it does not confer the same legal rights and responsibilities as marriage. Which is why I am fundamentally opposed to so-called "civil unions".

Now some of you who favor this say it's a half-step that we should be happy to get and settle for. So i ask you this: Did Rosa Parks, a GREAT American, settle for sitting in the back of the bus ? After all, whether you sat in the front of the bus, or the back of the bus, the front and back seats of the bus both got to the next bus stop at the same time. Dis this GREAT American, Rosa Parks, settle for being treated AS A SECOND-CLASS citizen ???

Level 7

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 1, 2013

Judged:

Fa-Foxy wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually you're wrong. The courts have already ruled that so-called "civil unions" are NOT marriage, and it does not confer the same legal rights and responsibilities as marriage. Which is why I am fundamentally opposed to so-called "civil unions".
Now some of you who favor this say it's a half-step that we should be happy to get and settle for. So i ask you this: Did Rosa Parks, a GREAT American, settle for sitting in the back of the bus ? After all, whether you sat in the front of the bus, or the back of the bus, the front and back seats of the bus both got to the next bus stop at the same time. Dis this GREAT American, Rosa Parks, settle for being treated AS A SECOND-CLASS citizen ???
Allow me to clarify. I am aware of the shortcomings of "civil unions" vs. unions with the label of marriage. What I was trying to suggest is that, legalities aside, a civil union is a bond between the two persons involved which is as deep and devoted as any marriage.

Don't misunderstand. I want gay people to have all the rights that I, in a "straight" marriage, get to have. It is a simple matter of fairness, which should not even be open to legal arguments, or to the vacuousness of bigotry.

Rosa Parks is one of my heroes.

“Yeah, but...”

Level 3

Since: Sep 11

MILKY WAY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 1, 2013

Judged:

Gay And Proud wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, there are homophobes everywhere. What can be done about it other than counter their hatred with facts and displays of love?
You can love whomever you like. Just keep it behind closed doors. Nobody really cares who you play with or how; excepting the media.

“ WOOF !”

Level 1

Coolidge, AZ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 1, 2013

Judged:

SirPrize wrote:
<quoted text>
You can love whomever you like. Just keep it behind closed doors. Nobody really cares who you play with or how; excepting the media.
We could SHOOT them !:)

SUPPORT THE SECOND AMENDMENT !

“ WOOF !”

Level 1

Coolidge, AZ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 1, 2013

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 20 of34
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

6 Users are viewing the Denver Forum right now

Search the Denver Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
So what's the story with Richard Kirk the pot p... 7 hr Commander Bunny 2
Republicans the party of LIARS (Dec '11) 9 hr KarlVIIIII 11,297
You rule the planet. How do you save the human... (Dec '12) 10 hr Retired SOF 1,181
Colo. gay discrimination alleged over wedding cake (Jun '13) 15 hr Fundies R Mentally Eel 1,377
CO Colorado Primary Election August 10: Will you v... (Aug '10) Tue paula baby 30
Review: American Exteriors Mfg Inc (Mar '10) Apr 12 Sioux Falls SD 33
What would happen if the United States ever dec... (Oct '10) Apr 12 Commander Bunny 118
•••
•••
•••
Denver Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Denver Jobs

•••
•••
•••

Denver People Search