Colorado ushers in new law with midnight unions

May 1, 2013 Full story: Sunherald.com 33

The new law legalizing civil unions took effect at 12:01 a.m. Wednesday and both Denver and Boulder began issuing licenses immediately.

Full Story
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Truth

Minneapolis, MN

#1 May 1, 2013
Another small step towards "Liberty and justice for all"

Level 2

Since: Jul 10

Location hidden

#2 May 1, 2013
Civil Union Certificate. Just don't call it the word Marriage. Another small step toward preserving the word marriage for man and woman.
Gays Run the World

Alpharetta, GA

#4 May 1, 2013
WMCOL wrote:
Civil Union Certificate. Just don't call it the word Marriage. Another small step toward preserving the word marriage for man and woman.
Man/woman 'marriages' are not well preserved anymore
.
So Gays are taking control
.
We do marriage right; sugar
disgusted american

Philadelphia, PA

#6 May 1, 2013
WMCOL wrote:
Civil Union Certificate. Just don't call it the word Marriage. Another small step toward preserving the word marriage for man and woman.
awe too bad for you - there are NOW in MeriKKKa - 1000's & 1000's of MARRIED GAY CPLS.....yep, MARRIED!!!! Need a Tissue?

Since: Apr 08

Chagrin Falls, OH

#8 May 1, 2013
Congratulations to all the happy couples in Colorado.

“Walk With Me in Hell”

Level 5

Since: Apr 13

Hell, Norway

#9 May 1, 2013
Gays Run the World wrote:
<quoted text>
Man/woman 'marriages' are not well preserved anymore
.
So Gays are taking control
.
We do marriage right; sugar
Are gays delusional as well?

Aww silly me! I know the answer to that question...

Since: Apr 08

Chagrin Falls, OH

#10 May 1, 2013
Hey Swede -- since same-sex marriage has been legal in Sweden since 2009, how come we haven't heard about the fire and brimstone raining down like the anti-gay promised? How come Sweden hasn't fallen apart with anarchy ruling the streets?

Canada (where I'm from) has had legal same-sex marriage since 2004 and Canada has done quite well for itself economically, socially, etc. Even in spite of an idiotic conservative Prime Minister and his cronies who keep embarrassing the country.
Tea Bag Residue Cleanup

Philadelphia, PA

#11 May 1, 2013
WMCOL wrote:
Civil Union Certificate. Just don't call it the word Marriage.
No, bigot, you're too late and too stupid.

Most of the industrialized West already has marriage equality with full rights.

You sound desperate. And sexually ill.

“Walk With Me in Hell”

Level 5

Since: Apr 13

Hell, Norway

#12 May 1, 2013
Gay And Proud wrote:
Hey Swede -- since same-sex marriage has been legal in Sweden since 2009, how come we haven't heard about the fire and brimstone raining down like the anti-gay promised? How come Sweden hasn't fallen apart with anarchy ruling the streets?
Canada (where I'm from) has had legal same-sex marriage since 2004 and Canada has done quite well for itself economically, socially, etc. Even in spite of an idiotic conservative Prime Minister and his cronies who keep embarrassing the country.
So.... What you are trying to say is,

Idiocy abounds.

Since: Apr 08

Chagrin Falls, OH

#13 May 1, 2013
_satan_64 wrote:
<quoted text>So.... What you are trying to say is,
Idiocy abounds.
Yes, there are homophobes everywhere. What can be done about it other than counter their hatred with facts and displays of love?

“Low Information Outreach”

Level 3

Since: Jun 12

Under the Castle Rock

#14 May 1, 2013
Aww, two guys deep mouth kissing at the alter.

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#15 May 1, 2013
Gay And Proud wrote:
Congratulations to all the happy couples in Colorado.
How many of them are hetero?
abe

Houston, TX

#16 May 1, 2013
Gay And Proud wrote:
Hey Swede -- since same-sex marriage has been legal in Sweden since 2009, how come we haven't heard about the fire and brimstone raining down like the anti-gay promised? How come Sweden hasn't fallen apart with anarchy ruling the streets?
Canada (where I'm from) has had legal same-sex marriage since 2004 and Canada has done quite well for itself economically, socially, etc. Even in spite of an idiotic conservative Prime Minister and his cronies who keep embarrassing the country.
To hell with Sweden. this is the US.

“Happiness comes through giving”

Level 7

Since: Feb 08

Location hidden

#17 May 1, 2013
WMCOL wrote:
Civil Union Certificate. Just don't call it the word Marriage. Another small step toward preserving the word marriage for man and woman.
Here's a little news for you. For all intents and purposes, a civil union IS marriage. It's only a matter of time before they change the label.

“Happiness comes through giving”

Level 7

Since: Feb 08

Location hidden

#18 May 1, 2013
abe wrote:
<quoted text>
To hell with Sweden. this is the US.
Glad you noticed it isn't Iran.

“ WOOF ! ”

Level 1

Since: Nov 12

33.00, -111.51

#20 May 1, 2013
Lawrence Wolf wrote:
<quoted text>Here's a little news for you. For all intents and purposes, a civil union IS marriage. It's only a matter of time before they change the label.
Actually you're wrong. The courts have already ruled that so-called "civil unions" are NOT marriage, and it does not confer the same legal rights and responsibilities as marriage. Which is why I am fundamentally opposed to so-called "civil unions".

Now some of you who favor this say it's a half-step that we should be happy to get and settle for. So i ask you this: Did Rosa Parks, a GREAT American, settle for sitting in the back of the bus ? After all, whether you sat in the front of the bus, or the back of the bus, the front and back seats of the bus both got to the next bus stop at the same time. Dis this GREAT American, Rosa Parks, settle for being treated AS A SECOND-CLASS citizen ???

“Happiness comes through giving”

Level 7

Since: Feb 08

Location hidden

#21 May 1, 2013
Fa-Foxy wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually you're wrong. The courts have already ruled that so-called "civil unions" are NOT marriage, and it does not confer the same legal rights and responsibilities as marriage. Which is why I am fundamentally opposed to so-called "civil unions".
Now some of you who favor this say it's a half-step that we should be happy to get and settle for. So i ask you this: Did Rosa Parks, a GREAT American, settle for sitting in the back of the bus ? After all, whether you sat in the front of the bus, or the back of the bus, the front and back seats of the bus both got to the next bus stop at the same time. Dis this GREAT American, Rosa Parks, settle for being treated AS A SECOND-CLASS citizen ???
Allow me to clarify. I am aware of the shortcomings of "civil unions" vs. unions with the label of marriage. What I was trying to suggest is that, legalities aside, a civil union is a bond between the two persons involved which is as deep and devoted as any marriage.

Don't misunderstand. I want gay people to have all the rights that I, in a "straight" marriage, get to have. It is a simple matter of fairness, which should not even be open to legal arguments, or to the vacuousness of bigotry.

Rosa Parks is one of my heroes.

“Yeah, but...”

Level 3

Since: Sep 11

MILKY WAY

#22 May 1, 2013
Gay And Proud wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, there are homophobes everywhere. What can be done about it other than counter their hatred with facts and displays of love?
You can love whomever you like. Just keep it behind closed doors. Nobody really cares who you play with or how; excepting the media.

“ WOOF ! ”

Level 1

Since: Nov 12

33.00, -111.51

#24 May 1, 2013
SirPrize wrote:
<quoted text>
You can love whomever you like. Just keep it behind closed doors. Nobody really cares who you play with or how; excepting the media.
We could SHOOT them !:)

SUPPORT THE SECOND AMENDMENT !

“ WOOF ! ”

Level 1

Since: Nov 12

33.00, -111.51

#27 May 1, 2013

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Denver Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Legit pain n anxiety meds 16 min Reyna lokita 2
Denver tar 21 min Reyna lokita 4
Colo. gay discrimination alleged over wedding cake (Jun '13) 2 hr Rick in Kansas 6,014
Republicans the party of LIARS (Dec '11) 3 hr tbird19482 14,350
last post wins! (Feb '11) 23 hr Sniper II 24,872
Gay/Bi teens in/near Denver, Colorado Tue zombiegentelman 22
Housewife convicted of frying husband (Mar '07) Tue Extrollanator- 68
Denver Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Denver People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Denver News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Denver

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 12:50 pm PST

NBC Sports12:50PM
Manning intends to return for 18th season in 2015 - NBC Sports
NFL 1:21 PM
Peyton Manning: I plan to be back with Broncos
ESPN 1:22 PM
Peyton intent on playing for Broncos in 2015
Bleacher Report 3:06 PM
Peyton: I Plan on Being Back in 2015
NBC Sports 9:56 PM
Peyton Manning fully participates in practice