AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 30, 2012

Judged:

Senator Diane Feinstein (D-CA) appeared on the Fox News Sunday program hosted by Chris Wallace this December 30, 2012. Among all things, Senator Feinstein indicated that her bill would outlaw the sale, possession, transportation, etc. of firearms classified as assault weapons (sic) weapons that fire semi-automatic only, but can hold greater than 10 round capacity magazines; have a threaded barrel; have a pistol grip; have a bayonet lug; are configured after existing military firearms, etc.Feinstein's and Schumer's Bill, the Assault Weapons Act of 2013, also will permit assault weapons (sic) sold prior to the enactment of the bill, PROVIDED that their owners register them with the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives; pay a $200. per year yearly fee to the BATFE; submit to fingerprinting and an extensive criminal and medical/mental health background check; surrender their rights under the 4th Amendment against unreasonable searches and allow the BATFE to conduct unannounced searches of their homes, vehicles, places of business, etc. at ANY time of the day or night. This registration would apply to ANY firearm, pistol or rifle, which is patterned after an existing military firearm which takes a removable magazine with the capacity of holding 10 rounds or more!

http://assaultweaponsbanof2013.blogspot.com

“Invisible Pink Unicorn”

Since: May 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 30, 2012

Judged:

We lost our 4th Amendment rights against unreasonable searches years ago under George Bush.

Lost freedoms under Patriot Act.

http://www.usbillofrights.org/patact.html

“Invisible Pink Unicorn”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 30, 2012

Judged:

REPUBLICAN SENATOR WHO RECEIVED AN A RATING FROM THE NRA BACKS ASSAULT WEAPONS BAN | Outgoing Senator Scott Brown (R-MA)

http://thinkprogress.org/justice/2012/12/19/1...
Level 1

Since: Feb 11

Just bend over!

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 30, 2012

Judged:

Even the ones I have buried in my back yard?

“Invisible Pink Unicorn”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 30, 2012

Judged:

Dr Claude Balls wrote:
Even the ones I have buried in my back yard?
That secret is out now.So yes.
Yes I agree with you

Mountain Home, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 31, 2012

Judged:

Jammercolo wrote:
We lost our 4th Amendment rights against unreasonable searches years ago under George Bush.
The Patriot act had a lot of Democratic Party support and now with it's renewal from Obama.
Is is not a Republican or a Democratic party thing , it is a usurping of individual rights.
here are the very few Senators that Opposed the new act
Senate:
Name Party State PATRIOT 01 PATRIOT 06 PATRIOT 11 NDAA 12
Lee R Utah NP NP X X
Merkley D Oregon NP NP X X
Paul R Kentucky NP NP X X
Sanders I Vermont NP NP X X
Yes I agree with you

Mountain Home, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 31, 2012

Judged:

Jammercolo wrote:
We best be careful since there probably is monitoring done by our Government of this site .
You never know when someone might come to your door and take you away with no possibility of even having a trial.
Mom says Patriot Act stripped son of due process
Ashton Lundeby

Teen's mom questions Patriot Act
Highlights of The USA Patriot Act
HR: 3162: The USA Patriot Act (full text)
HR 1800: National Security Letters Reform Act of 2009

Oxford, N.C. Sixteen-year-old Ashton Lundeby's bedroom in his mother's Granville County home is nothing, if not patriotic. Images of American flags are everywhere on the bed, on the floor, on the wall.

But according to the United States government, the tenth-grade home-schooler is being held on a criminal complaint that he made a bomb threat from his home on the night of Feb. 15.

The family was at a church function that night, his mother, Annette Lundeby, said.

"Undoubtedly, they were given false information, or they would not have had 12 agents in my house with a widow and two children and three cats," Lundeby said.

Around 10 p.m. on March 5, Lundeby said, armed FBI agents along with three local law enforcement officers stormed her home looking for her son. They handcuffed him and presented her with a search warrant.

"I was terrified," Lundeby's mother said. "There were guns, and I don't allow guns around my children. I don't believe in guns."

Lundeby told the officers that someone had hacked into her son's IP address and was using it to make crank calls connected through the Internet, making it look like the calls had originated from her home when they did not.

Her argument was ignored, she said. Agents seized a computer, a cell phone, gaming console, routers, bank statements and school records, according to federal search warrants.

"There were no bomb-making materials, not even a blasting cap, not even a wire," Lundeby said.

Ashton now sits in a juvenile facility in South Bend, Ind. His mother has had little access to him since his arrest. She has gone to her state representatives as well as attorneys, seeking assistance, but, she said, there is nothing she can do.

Lundeby said the USA Patriot Act stripped her son of his due process rights.

"We have no rights under the Patriot Act to even defend them, because the Patriot Act basically supersedes the Constitution," she said. "It wasn't intended to drag your barely 16-year-old, 120-pound son out in the middle of the night on a charge that we can't even defend."

Passed after the Sept. 11, 2001, terrorist attacks on the U.S., the Patriot Act allows federal agents to investigate suspected cases of terrorism swiftly to better protect the country. In part, it gives the federal government more latitude to search telephone records, e-mails and other records.

"They're saying that 'We feel this individual is a terrorist or an enemy combatant against the United States, and we're going to suspend all of those due process rights because this person is an enemy of the United States," said Dan Boyce, a defense attorney and former U.S. attorney not connected to the Lundeby case.

Critics of the statute say it threatens the most basic of liberties.

"There's nothing a matter of public record," Boyce said "All those normal rights are just suspended in the air."

In a bi-partisan effort, Rep. Jerrold Nadler, D-N.Y., and Rep. Jeff Flake, R-Ariz., last month introduced in the U.S. House of Representatives a bill that would narrow subpoena power in a provision of the Patriot Act, called the National Security Letters, to curb what some consider to be abuse of power by federal law enforcement officers.
If this can happen to a 16 year old then it can happen to anyone!
Yes I agree with you

Mountain Home, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 31, 2012

Judged:

Anyone now can be removed from their home at the whim of a government agent and you might even be able to get legal counsel
see what the government has done to a 16 year old
Mom says Patriot Act stripped son of due process
Ashton Lundeby
RELATED

Teen's mom questions Patriot Act
Highlights of The USA Patriot Act
HR: 3162: The USA Patriot Act (full text)
HR 1800: National Security Letters Reform Act of 2009

[search] Site Search

Twitter

e-mail print friendly

Oxford, N.C. Sixteen-year-old Ashton Lundeby's bedroom in his mother's Granville County home is nothing, if not patriotic. Images of American flags are everywhere on the bed, on the floor, on the wall.

But according to the United States government, the tenth-grade home-schooler is being held on a criminal complaint that he made a bomb threat from his home on the night of Feb. 15.

The family was at a church function that night, his mother, Annette Lundeby, said.

"Undoubtedly, they were given false information, or they would not have had 12 agents in my house with a widow and two children and three cats," Lundeby said.

Around 10 p.m. on March 5, Lundeby said, armed FBI agents along with three local law enforcement officers stormed her home looking for her son. They handcuffed him and presented her with a search warrant.

"I was terrified," Lundeby's mother said. "There were guns, and I don't allow guns around my children. I don't believe in guns."

Lundeby told the officers that someone had hacked into her son's IP address and was using it to make crank calls connected through the Internet, making it look like the calls had originated from her home when they did not.

Her argument was ignored, she said. Agents seized a computer, a cell phone, gaming console, routers, bank statements and school records, according to federal search warrants.

"There were no bomb-making materials, not even a blasting cap, not even a wire," Lundeby said.

Ashton now sits in a juvenile facility in South Bend, Ind. His mother has had little access to him since his arrest. She has gone to her state representatives as well as attorneys, seeking assistance, but, she said, there is nothing she can do.

Lundeby said the USA Patriot Act stripped her son of his due process rights.

"We have no rights under the Patriot Act to even defend them, because the Patriot Act basically supersedes the Constitution," she said. "It wasn't intended to drag your barely 16-year-old, 120-pound son out in the middle of the night on a charge that we can't even defend."

Passed after the Sept. 11, 2001, terrorist attacks on the U.S., the Patriot Act allows federal agents to investigate suspected cases of terrorism swiftly to better protect the country. In part, it gives the federal government more latitude to search telephone records, e-mails and other records.

"They're saying that 'We feel this individual is a terrorist or an enemy combatant against the United States, and we're going to suspend all of those due process rights because this person is an enemy of the United States," said Dan Boyce, a defense attorney and former U.S. attorney not connected to the Lundeby case.

Critics of the statute say it threatens the most basic of liberties.

"There's nothing a matter of public record," Boyce said "All those normal rights are just suspended in the air."

In a bi-partisan effort, Rep. Jerrold Nadler, D-N.Y., and Rep. Jeff Flake, R-Ariz., last month introduced in the U.S. House of Representatives a bill that would narrow subpoena power in a provision of the Patriot Act, called the National Security Letters, to curb what some consider to be abuse of power by federal law enforcement officers.
D Higginson

Albuquerque, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 9, 2013

Judged:

Resist!

Go to http://assaultweaponsbanof2013.blogspot.com and find out the truth. It's got actual Justice Dept. findings on there!

“Umbrae Pulvisque”

Level 1

Since: Apr 09

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 9, 2013

Judged:

I saw that. Thanks for posting the link!

Since: Aug 10

Cathouse Mouse

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 9, 2013

Judged:

There already exists a list of firearms deemed illegal for civilian possession. It's just gonna get a little bit longer. It will have no bearing on the second amendment.
NowUKnow

Springdale, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 27, 2013

Judged:

Cathouse Mouse wrote:
There already exists a list of firearms deemed illegal for civilian possession. It's just gonna get a little bit longer. It will have no bearing on the second amendment.
China wants the American citizens dis-armed...Obama bows and obeys.
faceless forum

Denver, CO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 27, 2013

If you think the will take anything your a fool. Just new production stuff will not be allowed

“Rico's Are Everywhere”

Level 5

Since: Dec 09

Gangland, North America

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 28, 2013

Judged:

Senator Diane Feinstein (D-CA) is a !@#$%^&*()(*&^%$#@!!!! !

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
•••

Denver Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Denver People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••